PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg

Expecting Rain
04-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Good first half, a couple of unforced errors in the second half ( not as many as Sol) keep it up Chrissy boy!

Toaods
04-10-2009, 09:05 AM
was almost getting ready to say he was playing his best for a long time then came that horrendous pass.....:dizzy:

Bob Box Fish
04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
was almost getting ready to say he was playing his best for a long time then came that horrendous pass.....:dizzy:

There was quite a few times when we put ourself under pressure yesterday unnecessarily.

Expecting Rain
04-10-2009, 09:42 AM

As i say in the first half he concentrated on the game made a few good tac kles and interceptions, in the second half i agree he went back to his normal form , Bamba`s game was up and down like a yo-yo his passing was atrocious but he won a good few challenges.

500miles
04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I think when you look at some of the passing you need to keep in mind we are essentially playing with 2 men in midfield, with Utd playing a high line, meaning your passes have to be that much better than usual. I said it a few times that Hogg doesn't like playing such a high line. That's why he and Jones played so well, because they both liked to play deep. Bamba, wants to pressurise high up the park, and we might need that because of the 2 man midfield.

It's the sort of thing that tends to resolve itself over the course of a season with good players - it just takes time for the defence to adapt.

Leithenhibby
04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Good first half, a couple of unforced errors in the second half ( not as many as Sol) keep it up Chrissy boy!

Thought Sol was gash yesterday and the way he kept passing to the tangerines was just not acceptable :greengrin The weak link for me I'm afraid.

Thought CH had a good game apart from those little mis-haps in the second half, all in all a good game, I thought. We should have had it wrapped up at HT with all those chances going astray.

I don't make all the games but I was well chuffed with the way we are playing the silky passing footie, it is very pleasant on the eye :wink: I can only see us getting better as the season goes on.

The futures bright, the future is green & white.

Expecting Rain
04-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Thought Sol was gash yesterday and the way he kept passing to the tangerines was just not acceptable :greengrin The weak link for me I'm afraid.

Thought CH had a good game apart from those little mis-haps in the second half, all in all a good game, I thought. We should have had it wrapped up at HT with all those chances going astray.

I don't make all the games but I was well chuffed with the way we are playing the silky passing footie, it is very pleasant on the eye :wink: I can only see us getting better as the season goes on.

The futures bright, the future is green & white.

:agree:

JimBHibees
04-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Hogg was average though better than he has recently been however thought he was as weak as a kitten on more than one occasion. When Goodwillie is bullying you there is reason to worry IMO.

GlesgaeHibby
04-10-2009, 01:29 PM

:agree: I'd like to see that back four remaining unchanged to let them develop as a solid unit.

Franck is God
04-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I thought considering the weather conditions yesterday both defences actually did ok.

On a lot of occasions the ball moved late in the air and there wasn't as many mistakes from both teams as I expected.

GlesgaeHibby
04-10-2009, 02:45 PM
I thought considering the weather conditions yesterday both defences actually did ok.

On a lot of occasions the ball moved late in the air and there wasn't as many mistakes from both teams as I expected.

Apart from Dods. He is absolutely gash.

Dr Jimmy
05-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Hogg was average though better than he has recently been however thought he was as weak as a kitten on more than one occasion. When Goodwillie is bullying you there is reason to worry IMO.

IMHO that is the problem with Hogg, any centre forward can bully him and in particular when the ball is in the air. Sorry, but he has had enough chances he is not strong enough to play at centre half in the SPL.

TornadoHibby
05-10-2009, 09:03 AM
IMHO that is the problem with Hogg, any centre forward can bully him and in particular when the ball is in the air. Sorry, but he has had enough chances he is not strong enough to play at centre half in the SPL.

Absolute cack IMHO! :agree: :cool2:

Dr Jimmy
05-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Absolute cack IMHO! :agree: :cool2:

Thank you for your erudite response, the money invested in your debating classes appears to have been well spent!
As previously stated it was MY OPINION and I stand by this. I will also go as far to say that Hogg will cost us many goals at set pieces this season, as he has done in the past.

ahibby
05-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Totally disagree that CH isn't strong enough, IMO he is one of the toughest players in the SPL and no way will he be bullied by anyone.

TornadoHibby
05-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Thank you for your erudite response, the money invested in your debating classes appears to have been well spent!
As previously stated it was MY OPINION and I stand by this. I will also go as far to say that Hogg will cost us many goals at set pieces this season, as he has done in the past.

Hey big guy, settle down with your unjustified personal attacks. :wink:

I only expressed my personal opinion on your personal opinion! :wink:

No different from what you did although I felt that your opinion was so misinformed that I chose my response construction most carefully so as to make it clear that my view was strongly polarised to that which you expressed! :agree:

I don't think your further literary attempts have added the slightest weight to your argument and I refute it as strongly as I did first time around! :wink:

For the avoidance of any doubt, I think that Hogg is far from being a "light weight" as you allude to and is one of the fittest and strongest players we have at ER. As someone who prides himself in physical condition and who trains quite a bit, I can recognise Hogg's excellent physical conditioning! :cool2:

I also believe that he wins most of the ariel battles that he is involved in as his timing and jump spring are both excellent IMO! :agree:

I suggest that you pick on someone else today! :wink:

Dr Jimmy
05-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Hey big guy, settle down with your unjustified personal attacks. :wink:

I only expressed my personal opinion on your personal opinion! :wink:

No different from what you did although I felt that your opinion was so misinformed that I chose my response construction most carefully so as to make it clear that my view was strongly polarised to that which you expressed! :agree:

I don't think your further literary attempts have added the slightest weight to your argument and I refute it as strongly as I did first time around! :wink:

For the avoidance of any doubt, I think that Hogg is far from being a "light weight" as you allude to and is one of the fittest and strongest players we have at ER. As someone who prides himself in physical condition and who trains quite a bit, I can recognise Hogg's excellent physical conditioning! :cool2:

I also believe that he wins most of the ariel battles that he is involved in as his timing and jump spring are both excellent IMO! :agree:

I suggest that you pick on someone else today! :wink:

I can see from your avatar that you take pride in your physical condition :wink:

I still believe that when Hogg is in a physical battle he comes off second more often than not. Not so much on the ground but he is regularly caught out when challenging in the air, especially when running going backwards. Samaras totally dominated him in the Celtic game and I have seen him struggle against too many centre forwards to believe he has what it takes.
Sorry if this goes against your opinion, but as you say I am entitled to mine.
There were a hell of a lot of positives on Saturday and I think we are couple of players away from being a very good side, but I see no place for Hogg if we get a new centre half in January.