PDA

View Full Version : That's Entertainment!

Frazerbob
03-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Despite the disapointment of not getting the win, that was the most I have enjoyed a game at ER for a long time. The first half was a joy to watch and whilst the 2nd was not as good it was stiil a great game. Some fantastic interplay between Deek, Stokes, Zouma and Miller. Great goal and amazing bits of skill from the wee man. Miller had a great game and is looking like he's going to be a big player for us.

Benji was the only disapointment IMO, fell asleep for the goal! If only we had taken the chances in the 1st half or Deek hadn't done a Van Vossen impression in the 2nd.

a good crowd too, hopefully they'll all be back for the Killie game.

Bob Box Fish
03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Agreed, why did JH not taken Benji off when we were getting pounded st the start of the second half it was obvious a goal was coming.

Good first half but should have killed them off. Balance of the team needs fixing some of the slack passing between defence and midfield was horrendous at times .

Despite the disapointment of not getting the win, that was the most I have enjoyed a game at ER for a long time. The first half was a joy to watch and whilst the 2nd was not as good it was stiil a great game. Some fantastic interplay between Deek, Stokes, Zouma and Miller. Great goal and amazing bits of skill from the wee man. Miller had a great game and is looking like he's going to be a big player for us.

Benji was the only disapointment IMO, fell asleep for the goal! If only we had taken the chances in the 1st half or Deek hadn't done a Van Vossen impression in the 2nd.

bod
03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
also the best jam song ever

matty_f
03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I really enjoyed the game today - first half was really good, IMHO. That was a million miles from the football served up last year, and we really could have given United a proper humping today.

For me the only disappointment was that we didn't get the three points we (IMHO) deserved.

FranckSuzy
03-10-2009, 05:53 PM

:top marksJust shades The Bitterest Pill IMHO.

Capt Mainwaring
03-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I think most people coming out of the ground today were disapointed with 2 points dropped but happy with the performance. That's two good games in a row now. If we keep up that level of consistency then we have good season to look forward to.

For me the turnaround is due to (1) Zemamma (2) a settled defence (3) Miller and McBride setting into an effective combination in midfield.

It looking good :thumbsup:

bigstu
03-10-2009, 06:08 PM

:top marks

Jonnyboy
03-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Agree with much of the above and I'd add a special well done to the East Standites for singing much more than normal :thumbsup:

Cocaine&Caviar
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
My pie was rubbish today...

sadtom
03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
We are begining to look like a proper fitba team. Some great stuff today, especially given the conditions. Dominated 1st half against one of the stronger teams in the league and i'd say pretty eaksy peaksy 2nd. Should have won it but hey ho, i'm just pleased to see the ball being knocked about with a bit of style.
Miller looks a class act and McBride impresses me every week. If there is a more skillful player in the league than Zizu i aint seen him.

'Away from the numbers' is the Jam's best song song. So lets hear no more about it.

McHibby
03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Did any of the crowd sing "Whoaooooo Zemmama's on fire" (a la Kings of Leon) after he scored?

I did. But I was in my car listening on 5 Live :rockin:

Sir David Gray
03-10-2009, 06:40 PM
We are begining to look like a proper fitba team. Some great stuff today, especially given the conditions. Dominated 1st half against one of the stronger teams in the league and i'd say pretty eaksy peaksy 2nd. Should have won it but hey ho, i'm just pleased to see the ball being knocked about with a bit of style.
Miller looks a class act and McBride impresses me every week. If there is a more skillful player in the league than Zizu i aint seen him.

'Away from the numbers' is the Jam's best song song. So lets hear no more about it.

:agree: He's the most skilful player in the SPL as far as I'm concerned and I don't think he would look out of place in the Premiership and I don't mean for Hull or Portsmouth.

He's certainly the most exciting player that I've ever seen at Easter Road.

MyJo
03-10-2009, 06:42 PM
totally agree with everything said already, i decided befire the game that i'd be happy to draw todays game against our direct opponents for third but we definately lost 2 points today because we were excellent for the majority of the match and i came away dissapointed but thoroughly entertained.....well done hibs and yogi

Badge
03-10-2009, 06:44 PM
:agree: He's the most skilful player in the SPL as far as I'm concerned and I don't think he would look out of place in the Premiership and I don't mean for Hull or Portsmouth.

Surely you must have seen Russell Latapy?

Chuckie
03-10-2009, 06:48 PM

Yes indeed.

Can't remember a player with such skill in his feet. United couldn't deal with him in the first half and resorted to kicking him in the second.

He's going to be a Hibs legend.

Sir David Gray
03-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Surely you must have seen Russell Latapy?

I did (although I was quite young) and as good as he undoubtedly was for Hibs, I would probably place Zemmama just ahead of Latapy.

The guy is sheer and utter class.

H18sry
03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Yes indeed.

Can't remember a player with such skill in his feet. United couldn't deal with him in the first half and resorted to kicking him in the second.

He's going to be a Hibs legend.

:no way::no way:
Unfortunately not, as he wont be hear long enough, could be away as early as January if not the summer without a doubt :agree:

Chuckie
03-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Unfortunately not, as he wont be hear long enough, could be away as early as January if not the summer without a doubt :agree:

Baws.

Sir David Gray
03-10-2009, 07:01 PM

I'd like to think that any bid for him in January would be turned down, unless it was stupid money, but I really can't see him being with us next season, unfortunately. :boo hoo:

I think he will give us our biggest transfer fee ever. The only thing that MIGHT stop him from going for more than Scott Brown is that he will only have a year left on his contract by the time next summer comes. I would still be looking for around £4 million for him, though.

The Harp Awakes
03-10-2009, 07:07 PM
2 points dropped but very good performance from Hibs. Really pleased with our defence today as well which restricted Dundee United to a few shots on target all game. Zemamma really is something special and we've now got many players in the team who are comfortable on the ball. The momentum is beginning to build and things are looking good:dizzy:

jabis
03-10-2009, 07:19 PM

bad grammar,guff comment,disagree !

lets enjoy him playing for hibs,without all the "oh ! he'll be off" crap :agree:

Hank Schrader
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Zemmama was fantastic today but as far as the Latapy comparison goes, he doesn't come close too Russell, Latapy was the most skillful player I have seen in a Hibs jersey.

Zoomer has been brilliant in the last couple of games and he tore Dundee Utd a new ******** today. I just hope we can hang onto him for as long as possible.

Thecat23
03-10-2009, 07:26 PM
I'd like to think Hibs can keep him for another season, he really is a great player and some of the things he does with the ball it's fantastic to watch! :agree:

crash
03-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Everyone worked harder than we are used to seeing from Hibs. Zemamma getting a start has been the catalyst for the improved performance. He is a joy to behold and his skills are what will bring fans through the turnstiles. (Over to you Mr. Petrie)

Bishop Hibee
03-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Good game today in difficult conditions. Zemmama's performance in the first half was outstanding. Utd couldn't cope and if our forwards had attacked some of the crosses he put in the game would have been over by half time.

Luna_Asylum
03-10-2009, 08:07 PM

I didn't see well what happened. Did he f%&c up?

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Football is back at easter road.:top marks:thumbsup::thumbsup:

jabis
03-10-2009, 08:11 PM

had you been there..............

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Anyone else getting damp at the thought of Miller getting even better as the games go by ?
Looks class!

jabis
03-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Anyone else getting damp at the thought of Miller getting even better as the games go by ?
Looks class!

I'm a guy.........stiffy for me !

Luna_Asylum
03-10-2009, 08:21 PM
had you been there..............

well did he? I saw 11 Hibs players play well. I'm asking what I missed - 2 posters single out benji. wot do you think?

Removed
03-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Looks class!

Now we know why you keep that scarf on your lap :greengrin

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm a guy.........stiffy for me !

You're 44 !! Dont you mean a semi ?:greengrin

Chuckie
03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
zemmama was fantastic today but as far as the latapy comparison goes, he doesn't come close too russell, latapy was the most skillful player i have seen in a hibs jersey.

Zoomer has been brilliant in the last couple of games and he tore dundee utd a new ******** today. I just hope we can hang onto him for as long as possible.

ممكن مساعدة .... الرجاء الحصول على طريقة الاتصال بوكيل اعمال اللاعب مروان زمامة و ذلك لمناقشة ضرورة التعاقد معه في الفترة المقبلة وذلك لنادي سعودي يلعب في الدوري السعودي الممتاز

jabis
03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
well did he? I saw 11 Hibs players play well. I'm asking what I missed - 2 posters single out benji. wot do you think?

what do I think..........he's a f***ng striker

2posters eh ...*thinks*.....yambams !

were you there as a rocket of a shot went in off the post,in the wind ?

just asking

Luna_Asylum
03-10-2009, 08:39 PM
what do I think..........he's a f***ng striker

2posters eh ...*thinks*.....yambams !

were you there as a rocket of a shot went in off the post,in the wind ?

just asking

yes

Removed
03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
ممكن مساعدة .... الرجاء الحصول على طريقة الاتصال بوكيل اعمال اللاعب مروان زمامة و ذلك لمناقشة ضرورة التعاقد معه في الفترة المقبلة وذلك لنادي سعودي يلعب في الدوري السعودي الممتاز

:agree: تشاكي كنت على صواب

jabis
03-10-2009, 08:43 PM
You're 44 !! Dont you mean a semi ?:greengrin

I'll deal with you later :greengrin

jabis
03-10-2009, 08:45 PM
yes

so...yes your a yampot .....cheers for clearing that up !

totalfootball
03-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I thought Benji worked his socks off today. We should of had the game dead and buried by half time but I'm still delighted at the progress we seem to be making
GGTTH

FranckSuzy
03-10-2009, 08:50 PM
:agree: تشاكي كنت على صواب

مهما!

Ed De Gramo
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Zoomer :top marks

£5m should be the minimum we should accept :agree:

Luna_Asylum
03-10-2009, 08:54 PM
I thought Benji worked his socks off today. We should of had the game dead and buried by half time but I'm still delighted at the progress we seem to be making
GGTTH

thats what I thought. I didn't see also any of the selfish benji that was only ever a myth

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 08:56 PM
مهما!

وقال غاي يحتاج ومحل

jabis
03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
مهما!

Apart from the obvious :wtf:

those of us who can't do a translation :agree:

matty_f
03-10-2009, 08:59 PM
thats what I thought. I didn't see also any of the selfish benji that was only ever a myth

I thought Benji was very good today - got stuck in, held the ball up well when it came to him, picked out some good passes, and generally gave the Utd defence yet another problem to worry about.

Removed
03-10-2009, 09:02 PM

بريست :tee hee:

jabis
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM

**** :greengrin

FranckSuzy
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
وقال غاي يحتاج ومحل

الوردي مثلث الليلة؟ Ooooh نعم!

FranckSuzy
03-10-2009, 09:06 PM

http://www.stars21.com/translator/english_to_arabic.html

Frazerbob
03-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I thought Benji was very good today - got stuck in, held the ball up well when it came to him, picked out some good passes, and generally gave the Utd defence yet another problem to worry about.

Benji had a decent game today but was our worst player IMO. (Suppose that shows how well we played when our worst player was still pretty decent.) He was, however, at fault for the goal for day dreaming and not picking up the United player about 5 yards outside the box who then hit an unchallenged shot.

jabis
03-10-2009, 09:08 PM

irony...it's great...if you know how to use it :agree:

benji or nade?

jabis
03-10-2009, 09:25 PM
irony...it's great...if you know how to use it :agree:

benji or nade?

:I'm waiti

Andy74
03-10-2009, 09:26 PM

Yep, that's what I was saying when everyone got a bit tonto over him. Whenever he played for us previously I had no problems with him at all.

MyJo
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Zoomer :top marks

£5m should be the minimum we should accept :agree:

i'd rather see 5 years added to his contract then £5m added to the bank.....thankyouplease

Hank Schrader
03-10-2009, 09:30 PM
i'd rather see 5 years added to his contract then £5m added to the bank.....thankyouplease

:agree:

jabis
03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Yep, that's what I was saying when everyone got a bit tonto over him. Whenever he played for us previously I had no problems with him at all.

the amount of high balls that went to him,we'd have been as well to have Nish upfront .

jabis
03-10-2009, 09:44 PM

having read some of your previous posts,I feel you have Dexter .

bod
04-10-2009, 08:45 AM

Phil MaGlass
04-10-2009, 09:00 AM
I thought we were different class yesteerday, should have been 3 points and IMO should have subbed Zemmama,Benji and Stokes later on.I didnt think Stokes was doing it, Benji had a great game but tired later on, should have came off with about 20 mins remaining.I thought Benji and Zemmama kept trying to take on too many players instead of giving the easy pass.Great game our passing was good our movement was good,just a pity to see Deeks losing the ball so often running into defenders,still had a good game though.Its been a while in coming but with all the players putting in a shift and back tracking when needed things are looking good for the rest of the season.

nonshinyfinish
04-10-2009, 09:08 AM

:tee hee:

Golden Bear
04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Brillian entertainment yesterday it's just a pity we didn't capitalise on the chances that were created.

You can almost sense that something could happen everytime our flair players are on the ball. Roll on the next game!

What a difference from last season when the football and general atmosphere was absolutely dire.

I also have a feeling that the squad will continue to improve under Yogi's guidance so for once we can all look forward with some optimism.

:flag:

TornadoHibby
04-10-2009, 10:18 AM
My pie was rubbish today...

Very strange! :rolleyes:

I found mine yesterday to be absolutely delicious if a tad hot when received! :wink:

Settled my hunger pangs and I enjoyed the game, particularly the first half when we really should have had the game beyond Utd. :agree:

However, they put an extra man in midfield second half and pressed us higher up the pitch making it more difficult for us to continue to dominate as we did in the first half!

However.........how the f*** did Deek miss THAT one in the second half from within the 6 yeard box!? :confused:

fife hfc
04-10-2009, 11:10 AM
I really enjoyed yesterdays game and thought we played some great football against a very good SPL team. I think the wind played a major part in how we dominated the first half and why Utd had the better of the first 15 mins of the second half.

But we certainly got better after utd lifted it and had the better chances. As for Utds goal I'm not going to blame anybody as it was a decent strike (though if he tried it again he would probably blast it over). I have no doubt if we play like that we will win more than we lose and it will be a very enjoyable season.

Golden Bear
04-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I really enjoyed yesterdays game and thought we played some great football against a very good SPL team. I think the wind played a major part in how we dominated the first half and why Utd had the better of the first 15 mins of the second half.

But we certainly got better after utd lifted it and had the better chances. As for Utds goal I'm not going to blame anybody as it was a decent strike (though if he tried it again he would probably blast it over). I have no doubt if we play like that we will win more than we lose and it will be a very enjoyable season.

I still think their goal was assisted by a fairly big deflection. We'll see tonight in the highlights.

Chuckie
04-10-2009, 03:03 PM
I still think their goal was assisted by a fairly big deflection. We'll see tonight in the highlights.

It was.

Ed De Gramo
04-10-2009, 05:51 PM
It was.

Hit Bamba's heid

new malkyhib
04-10-2009, 08:52 PM

Agreed. **** the Hearts.

matty_f
04-10-2009, 09:08 PM

:agree: Agree with all of that. But for an unlucky deflection we'd have got the three points we deserved.

ArabHibee
04-10-2009, 09:23 PM

Town Called Malice is the best jam song ever.

ArabHibee
04-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Agree with much of the above and I'd add a special well done to the East Standites for singing much more than normal :thumbsup:

Really? I didn't hear that much more singing than normal.

On another note, as happy as I am that Zemmama has played well in the last 2 games, I just hope he can keep it up and I will not be joining the "love-in" until he has a few more good games under his belt.

Jonnyboy
04-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Really? I didn't hear that much more singing than normal.

On another note, as happy as I am that Zemmama has played well in the last 2 games, I just hope he can keep it up and I will not be joining the "love-in" until he has a few more good games under his belt.

Clean yer lugs well :greengrin

Easter Road has been like a morgue on occasions recently but yesterday the East Stand belted out a fair few songs over the ninety minutes :agree:

KWJ
05-10-2009, 04:18 AM
Zoumas got a fair way to go before he's in Latapy's league. Consistency being a key one and the killer pass. Quick feet he's nearly a match but for Russ he had the touch, experience and intelligence to walk around players. Zouma still has the pace and youth on his side.

GreenOnions
05-10-2009, 07:31 AM
bad grammar,guff comment,disagree !

lets enjoy him playing for hibs,without all the "oh ! he'll be off" crap :agree:

Grammar refers to the way a number of words work together. It was simply a spelling mistake. Hardly a "hanging offence" I would suggest. Now - lack of punctuation in posts is another issue entirely ...........................

GreenOnions
05-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Town Called Malice is the best jam song ever.

Down in the Tube Station at Midnight. Surely unbeatable?

Chuckie
05-10-2009, 07:52 AM

Monday.

ahibby
05-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I agree with Fraser Bob that Benji was indeed our worst player. I thought the midfield gave the shooter far to much room and a goal was inevitable. I don't know and can't fathom why Yogi did not use one sub. I appreciate that we didn't have any better on the bench than was on the park but I do think that Nish is more aware of the SPL game than Benji and that substitution should have been made with fifteen twenty remaining. Legs must have been tired and Nish for Benji and Galbraith for Stokes or Riordan might have given us a better advantage later on with them going down a player. So I'm left scratching my head about us not using subs and Benji staying on for the full game but fairly happy that I have seen Hibs playing well two games in a row (says it all). Two final points I'm not sure about the referees impartiality or maybe he just wasn't very good. I thought Dundee Utd are the dirtiest team I have seen so far in that I lost count of the number of occasions they brought our players down of the ball and got away with it. The match officials need to clamp down on that.

MB62
05-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Excellent game, £21.50 well spent from my point of view.
Ok, we didn't pick up the three points and from a biased Hibs opinion, I would say we deserved it over the 90 minutes, Utd probably feel they did enough 2nd half to deserve their point.

Last season I watched Hibs beat Hamilton 2-0 at ER and thought it was a complete load of rubbish, Saturday, only drawing, was a great game and I can't wait to get myself back to ER for the next game. Performances like that is what puts bums on seats and it has just encouraged the whole Burns family to start going back on a regular basis.

Liam Miller and Zouma are worth paying the money to watch alone but Hibs have plenty other football players in the ranks and if they keep up the workrate, we will not be far away from 3rd at the end of the season.

I too thought Benji was the one player who could/should have been hooked after an hour as he seemed lost. The amount of times he was in a shouting match with the bench in the 2nd half, I would suggest the manager was not all that impressed either, but he lasted the 90 minutes so maybe he wasn't all that bad. I feel it was a strange position he was asked to play and maybe it will take him time to get used to it. The guy has all the ability in the world and maybe just needs game time and time to settle in to the team.

Anyway, that was more like Hibernian and the kind of football I want to pay to watch. Well done to ALL the players on Saturday for both ability and work rate, WHAT A DIFFERENCE.

GGTTH

YehButNoBut
05-10-2009, 11:35 AM
The "News of the World" said when we "Start" playing like we did on Saturday we are easily the best "In The City". :thumbsup:

Peevemor
05-10-2009, 11:38 AM

:agree: Or the Ibrox version - down in the tube station at 4:30 pm. :greengrin