PDA

View Full Version : Time to lump on hibs?

Pete
02-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Before reading this (http://www.teamtalk.com/football/preview/0,16374,1865_5600984,00.html) I was convinced we were in trouble.

Cadamarteri is their main goal threat...he might be a figure of fun to some but he's proving himself to be a revelation in this league...and he might be out.

Wilkie can't get into the back four and has recently played as a striker. Dodds and Webster have been keeping him out. That means thats a solid back pairing and an additional menace when set peices are against us. I don't think we could cope with the three of them coming up every time a ball was lumped into the box. Who do we have that could control that?

However, Wilkie and webster are doubts so it would be a godsend if they were missing. Even if they did play would they be fully fit and fully effective?

Danny Swanson is another I was worried about but we don't have to worry about him.

United are a great team with their players and their manager but I think fate has dealt us a kind hand here. Even if all the injury doubts do play there's no smoke without fire and these boys won't all be at their 100% best.

I can see us running rings round them.:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
02-10-2009, 11:53 PM
I have a good feeling:agree:

Big win for us with a few goals banged in without reply.

Hibercelona
02-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Before reading this (http://www.teamtalk.com/football/preview/0,16374,1865_5600984,00.html) I was convinced we were in trouble.

Cadamarteri is their main goal threat...he might be a figure of fun to some but he's proving himself to be a revelation in this league...and he might be out.

Wilkie can't get into the back four and has recently played as a striker. Dodds and Webster have been keeping him out. That means thats a solid back pairing and an additional menace when set peices are against us. I don't think we could cope with the three of them coming up every time a ball was lumped into the box. Who do we have that could control that?

However, Wilkie and webster are doubts so it would be a godsend if they were missing. Even if they did play would they be fully fit and fully effective?

Danny Swanson is another I was worried about but we don't have to worry about him.

United are a great team with their players and their manager but I think fate has dealt us a kind hand here. Even if all the injury doubts do play there's no smoke without fire and these boys won't all be at their 100% best.

Well someone had to jinx it. :boo hoo:

sunshine1875
03-10-2009, 12:02 AM
I have a good feeling:agree:

Big win for us with a few goals banged in without reply.

:bitchy: I hate it when Hibs.net posters are so confident. The Utd game will be a tough game.

That said, before reading this I was a bit scared what Utd height particularly Wilkie would do to our defence.

Utd (similar to Levien's Hertz's sides) have always had a height advantage over us - but hopefully not later today.

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 12:10 AM
:bitchy: I hate it when Hibs.net posters are so confident. The Utd game will be a tough game.

That said, before reading this I was a bit scared what Utd height particularly Wilkie would do to our defence.

Utd (similar to Levien's Hertz's sides) have always had a height advantage over us - but hopefully not later today.

Dinny be bitchy man:boo hoo:
I'm not just a Hibs.net poster ! I am a human being with real feelings and these feelings are welling up inside me ready to burst open and shout to the world....... Glory Glory to the Hibees:greengrin

I need to go to my bed:faf:

Hibercelona
03-10-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm not just a Hibs.net poster ! I am a human being with real feelings and these feelings are welling up inside me ready to burst open and shout to the world....... Glory Glory to the Hibees:greengrin

I hope you wash your sheets more often than your scarfs. :cool2:

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 12:17 AM
I hope you wash your sheets more often than your scarfs. :cool2:
Enough of this nonsense !!
Where are these dirty mingers you promised me :greengrin

Hibercelona
03-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Enough of this nonsense !!
Where are these dirty mingers you promised me :greengrin

I know a place in Edinburgh where you could find 400,000 mingers. :agree:

rainman
03-10-2009, 12:21 AM

Craig Levein's been doing this his entire managerial career. They'll all be in the squad.

Good that Swanson's out though. :agree:

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 12:21 AM
I know a place in Edinburgh where you could find 400,000 mingers. :agree:

I know a place in Dalkeith where they wil take your "wand of light" and , well , better no:greengrin

sunshine1875
03-10-2009, 12:22 AM

As someone who has sung and danced across the Forth Road Bridge (footpath) singing "We are Hibernian FC" I have had those moments too. Maybe tonight, I have not had enough to drink to be so confident.:greengrin

Hibercelona
03-10-2009, 12:23 AM
I know a place in Dalkeith where they wil take your "wand of light" and , well , better no:greengrin

Away tae yer bed! :greengrin

Pete
03-10-2009, 12:24 AM

He's from fife and taking the whack out of Edinburgh.

I'll give him a sorting if I ever meet him!

Unless he's talking about Hearts' new 400,000 seater stadium thats.... pending!:greengrin

Hibercelona
03-10-2009, 12:32 AM
He's from fife and taking the whack out of Edinburgh.

I'll give him a sorting if I ever meet him!

Unless he's talking about Hearts' new 400,000 seater stadium thats.... pending!:greengrin

Proud to say that i'm Edinburgh born. :wink:

Not proud to say that I have to put up with the dross that is Dunfermline Athletics and Raith Rovers! :grr:

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Proud to say that i'm Edinburgh born. :wink:

Not proud to say that I have to put up with the dross that is Dunfermline Athletics and Raith Rovers! :grr:

Nowt wrong wi Fife apart from the Fifers:greengrin

Hibercelona
03-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Nowt wrong wi Fife apart from the Fifers:greengrin

Perhaps so...

But you lot are closer to the weegies. :wink:

.SeventyFive
03-10-2009, 12:41 AM

Ughhhh. That's a 2-0 loss then.

Pete
03-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Ughhhh. That's a 2-0 loss then.

No it's not bro!

We're a good team and there's doubts about them...and I don't believe it's kidology from their manager.

Why can't we believe?

Hibercelona
03-10-2009, 12:57 AM
No it's not bro!

We're a good team and there's doubts about them...and I don't believe it's kidology from their manager.

Why can't we believe?

Theres another team in Edinburgh that does all the "believing" :jamboak:

The only thing I "believe" is that its going to be a tough game, with or without their best players.

Hibs will have to be on top of their game to ensure all 3 points. :agree:

I predict we wont be on top of our game though. :boo hoo:

.SeventyFive
03-10-2009, 01:01 AM
No it's not bro!

Why can't we believe?

I think as much as the next positive man that we can do huge things in this league, but I also think as soon as we start to assume things that we are making a rod for our own backs.

I don't like to make predictions. I'm just going to go tomorrow and give the best support I can and hope that we can come away with a win.

EasterRoad4Ever
03-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Not trying to pour cold water on this, but how often have we seen over the years, Hibs with an opportunity to move into 2nd or above the Yams etc and fall flat on their face? Almost without fail, Hibs lack of character and resolve is revealed and we fall back into our natural place - usually below the OF and Yams. Maybe this time things will be different. Maybe Yogi is the messiah who will defy history. Today's match is as good a test as any and will go a long way to telling us just how much this Hibs team want to succeed, and how much Yogi can get out of them.

Houchy
03-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Not trying to pour cold water on this, but how often have we seen over the years, Hibs with an opportunity to move into 2nd or above the Yams etc and fall flat on their face? Almost without fail, Hibs lack of character and resolve is revealed and we fall back into our natural place - usually below the OF and Yams. Maybe this time things will be different. Maybe Yogi is the messiah who will defy history. Today's match is as good a test as any and will go a long way to telling us just how much this Hibs team want to succeed, and how much Yogi can get out of them.

Hey, you sound like one of they tramps from accross the road. Any chance that you can get this deleted before they jump on it and plaster it all accross brokeback. Bloody "natural place" my arse!!!
Behind the old firm, ok, I give you but no Hibby should think our "natural place" is behind THEM!!! :grr:

HibsNibs
03-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I saw United beat Ross County 2-0 in the CIS a couple of weeks ago but the nippy wee Ross strikers ran rings around their lumbering back 4 and should have bagged a hatful (they hit the woodwork 3 times).
As long as we keep it on the deck we should have no trouble against them - providing we can keep them out at corners etc.

Woody1985
03-10-2009, 09:59 AM
2-1 Hibs.

Think I'll have a fiver on it :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
St Mirren ... did enough, could easily have been a draw. ( was there )

Falkirk ... Could easily have lost. ( on telly )

Celtic ... Decent effort, unlucky to lose ( was there )

Brechin City ... No contest but still looked a bit ropey at the back. ( was there )

Hamilton .... Aaaaarrgh ( on radio )

St Johnstone .... How did it end up 3 - 0 ( was there )

St Johnstone .... Worst Hibs performance for some time ( was there )

Motherwell ... For half hour of first half didnt sound all that promising, but apparently great 2nd half by us. The commentators kept saying we were playing 4 - 2 - 4 But folk who were there say 4-4-2. ( radio )

Never confident when Hibs could do themselves a lot of good by winning a match. Lets hope its the 2nd half Motherwell Hibs who turn up today.