PDA

View Full Version : Scarves

sleeping giant
02-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Right , off the bat , i know this is not a very intellectual thread:greengrin

Do you still take a Hibs scarf to the match ?

I do but i don't wear it:confused:
It sits by the handbrake in the motor then gets carried , folded in HALF , up St Clair st and into ER.

Still folded in HALF it gets laid on the wall while we watch the warm up.

During the match its folded 4 times into a square and sits on whatever knee my elbow is leaning on.
Its then carried , dangling down and folder in HALF , down St Clair to and away to the motor.

Ive also never washed it in years as it would bring bad luck:greengrin

Hibercelona
02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
You better wash it soon....

It might turn maroon. :devil: :duck:

sleeping giant
02-10-2009, 11:37 PM
You better wash it soon....

It might turn maroon. :devil: :duck:

Hush yourself young man !!:greengrin

Does anyone still wear scarfs with the metal badges attached ?
They were deadly weapons:greengrin

chrisski33
02-10-2009, 11:38 PM
wot beer are u on?

sleeping giant
02-10-2009, 11:39 PM
wot beer are u on?

:greengrin

Dont do drugs:greengrin

matty_f
02-10-2009, 11:42 PM
I still take a scarf. Mainly because if I accidentally ran into a bunch of opposing casuals they would not even contemplate banjoing me, as my scarf clearly identifies me as a well-meaning supporter.:greengrin:greengrin

Seriously, I do take a scarf and put it on for the walk down to the ground, and I usually keep it on through the game and until I'm back in my car.

sleeping giant
02-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I still take a scarf. Mainly because if I accidentally ran into a bunch of opposing casuals they would not even contemplate banjoing me, as my scarf clearly identifies me as a well-meaning supporter.:greengrin:greengrin

Seriously, I do take a scarf and put it on for the walk down to the ground, and I usually keep it on through the game and until I'm back in my car.

Is it proudly presented across the dashboard to ensure you get let out at the juction ?

matty_f
02-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Is it proudly presented across the dashboard to ensure you get let out at the juction ?

No, I never thought of that!

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2009, 12:01 AM

Oh, that's all right then. :rolleyes: We're all so grateful for all the good luck Hibs have had over the years. :wink:

Your name's not Howard Hughes is it?

(if it is, gie's some money)

Hibercelona
03-10-2009, 12:03 AM

You need to go out and find yourself a girl mate. :devil:

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2009, 12:05 AM

No chance if he's wearing (sorry, CARRYING) a mockit scarf. :wink:

Removed
03-10-2009, 12:05 AM

I do :greengrin

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 12:06 AM
No chance if he's wearing (sorry, CARRYING) a mockit scarf. :wink:
Not a stain on it and it gets kept is the shoe cupboard:agree:
This is interesting eh:greengrin

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 12:07 AM

I would love to:cool2: Oh yes:cool2:

You know any ?

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Not a stain on it and it gets kept is the shoe cupboard:agree:
This is interesting eh:greengrin

Not a stain on it? REAL fans would use it to..... nah, no going there, even this late.:devil:

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 12:08 AM
I do :greengrin
Out you go son , just you :greengrin
Mon the Hibs:faf:

Hibercelona
03-10-2009, 12:12 AM
I would love to:cool2: Oh yes:cool2:

You know any ?

Sorry.... I only know ladies that are into "clean" men. :wink:

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Sorry.... I only know ladies that are into "clean" men. :wink:

Do they take it up the **** ?:greengrin

edit , thought the sweary filter would have picked it up

Lucius Apuleius
03-10-2009, 05:31 AM
I still take mine although it has never been the same since I lost my Centenary scarf in a taxi from Waverley to the Iona on derby day a few years ago. It was covered in cloth badges.

I always take a scarf, nice weather it is in my back pooch, winter it is on.

martin63
03-10-2009, 08:09 AM
I always take my scarf to the games and wear it with pide. It also keeps my neck warm as it can get damn cold on the front row of the east.
Remember years ago when it used to be 2 scarves. One for the neck and one for the wrist a la Bay City Rollers style.

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

andyhibs
03-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Hush yourself young man !!:greengrin

Does anyone still wear scarfs with the metal badges attached ?
They were deadly weapons:greengrin
they still are:cool2:,anyway i do take the scarf and is presented as it should , tied around the neck almost like a tie, not wrapped around the neck:grr:

hibsbollah
03-10-2009, 08:36 AM
My wife has taken up knitting and has offered to knit me one:dizzy:
So you'll know who I am if I turn up to games wearing a 9 foot long green and white woolen dishcloth.

sahib
03-10-2009, 09:05 AM
My wife has taken up knitting and has offered to knit me one:dizzy:
So you'll know who I am if I turn up to games wearing a 9 foot long green and white woolen dishcloth.

The old home knit scarf eh! Takes me back.

Removed
03-10-2009, 09:09 AM
The old home knit scarf eh! Takes me back.

:agree: and the home knitted bobble hats. Canny believe I actually wore one when I was about 10 :faf:

basehibby
03-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I'll be taking my scarf today cos it's bloody freezing :grr:

ArabHibee
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I'd take my football scarf with me but don't think tangerine and black would go down well in the lower FF! :duck:

danhibees1875
03-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Good point actually. :agree: I don't take mine anymore.

I would bring it today, but if we got beat it would be my fault. :boo hoo:

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I'd take my football scarf with me but don't think tangerine and black would go down well in the lower FF! :duck:
Whurs aboots in the FF lower are you today ?

Aubenas
03-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Still wear the one I bought from a gents outfitters :cool2:in Easter Rd when I returned to Edinburgh in 1970. It has Hibernian Supporters, a football and a harp on it :thumbsup:. I always wear it though it's rarely visible under my jacket - brings good luck:rolleyes: though it has attended 3 League Cup victories and the 0-7 game! Only difficult bit is on rare days when not wearing a jacket, it feels a bit ridiculous round my neck as it's quite short - my premier argument against summer football :wink:

May give it an iron for its 40th birthday next year:partyhibb

PS - Thought Pedantic Hibee might have changed thread title to SCARVES????

weecounty hibby
03-10-2009, 10:25 AM
I have a silk scarf with that badge on it, is yours a silk one too. I have never seen any others like it

Aubenas
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
I have a silk scarf with that badge on it, is yours a silk one too. I have never seen any others like it

Nah - just cotton. Was a poor student when I bought it.

Have I seen you in the West with a top hat and a dinner jacket??????:faf:

PS It does have a fetching silver tassly fringe though!:cool2:

Keith_M
03-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Dear sleeping Giant,

Get some therapy!!

weecounty hibby
03-10-2009, 10:35 AM
More likely to see me wearing some kind of heavy metal T shirt and a leather jacket:rockin:, but I do have good taste in scarves! Mine has fancy white tassles at the end too.:scarf:

Aubenas
03-10-2009, 10:36 AM
but I do have good taste in scarves! Mine has fancy white tassles at the end too.

We are clearly a cut above!!!!!!:thumbsup::agree:

Keith_M
03-10-2009, 10:37 AM
On the subject of scarves with badges on them, I remember years ago taking the p*ss out of some wee guy fae Inverkeithing who used to go to games with the biggest scarf I'd ever seen, absolutely COVERED in badges.

His name was Andy.... Blank, Bland or something like that. I wonder whatever happened to the wee pr*ck

sleeping giant
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
On the subject of scarves with badges on them, I remember years ago taking the p*ss out of some wee guy fae Inverkeithing who used to go to games with the biggest scarf I'd ever seen, absolutely COVERED in badges.

His name was Andy.... Blank, Bland or something like that. I wonder whatever happened to the wee pr*ck

:faf:

There is a dark green silk Hibs scarf somewhere in my parents house:agree:
I used to have it up on the wall.

One Day Soon
03-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Good thread. Scarf to game around neck from car to game to car. Never washed - the scarf that is, not me. Two previous scarves relegated to drawer storage and never worn now for being too unlucky. They were just too flimsy and, well, unlucky.

This will seem ridiculous but the poor atmosphere at ER has been discussed often elsewhere and my view is that if everyone at least wore a scarf there would be a much better splash of colour in the ground which in turn might raise everyone's expectations just that wee bit.

I don't know how we get people to be more noisy - winning a lot is the easiest way I suppose - but absolutely anything that makes a contribution no matter how small is to be encouraged.

Like the scarf on dashboard tactic - will try it today.