PDA

View Full Version : Yams Kevin Keegan Wins Constructive Dismissal Case

Mikey
02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
£2m compensation. His case was based round Newcastle signing a player he didn't want.

Keegan said.........

"The tribunal has found the conduct of the club in forcing a player on me against my wishes represented a fundamental breach of my contract of employment. I do not believe that there is any manager in football who could have remained at the club in the light of their conduct"

I can think of one :wink:

Now the precedent has been set I wonder if Laszlo will follow suit.

He'd have to grow a pair first though.

HibeeB
02-10-2009, 02:01 PM
It'll be in Shabby's contract that he does as he's bl**dy well told :vladsheep:

Woody1985
02-10-2009, 05:49 PM
That useless **** is lucky he had a job.

Another couple of million taken away from the club who have lost tens of millions over the last few years.

Yes, Ashley got a few things wrong but he wrote off their debt and is now facing a loss of what, 150 million or something along those lines. They should be kissing his arse.

At the same time, who in their right mind would give KK a contract worth 8.5 million! What a tube.

Si_17
02-10-2009, 06:03 PM

Another couple of million taken away from the club who have lost tens of millions over the last few years.

Yes, Ashley got a few things wrong but he wrote off their debt and is now facing a loss of what, 150 million or something along those lines. They should be kissing his arse.

At the same time, who in their right mind would give KK a contract worth 8.5 million! What a tube.

What a lot of utter pish.

hibsbollah
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Geordies choose their messiahs badly. Keegan walks off with £2million of the club he claim to loves' money, and Shearer destabilises the clubs previous managers because it suits his own interests...Their 'legend' status is untarnished, though.

Now Ginola, there was a candidate for legend-hood, but they booed him on his return:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
03-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Geordies choose their messiahs badly. Keegan walks off with £2million of the club he claim to loves' money, and Shearer destabilises the clubs previous managers because it suits his own interests...Their 'legend' status is untarnished, though.

Now Ginola, there was a candidate for legend-hood, but they booed him on his return:confused:

Excellent point about Shearer. I have been disgusted by his behaviour over the past few years. It does appear that he was stirring it in the dressing room as a player. Since retiring, he has not been slow to stick the boot in from his priviledged position on MOTD.

I think the Toon fans should remember this, and also the fact that he did squat to keep them up as a manager, when he comes sniffing round the job the next time it is available.

matty_f
03-10-2009, 08:31 AM
£2m compensation. His case was based round Newcastle signing a player he didn't want.

Keegan said.........

I can think of one :wink:

Now the precedent has been set I wonder if Laszlo will follow suit.

He'd have to grow a pair first though.

It's a pity the numerous managers to have departed the PBS under Vlad had already accepted settlements, as this could have been a very expensive case for the fuds.

heretoday
03-10-2009, 09:22 AM

How dare you! Kevin Keegan is above criticism. Every time I see him I am transported back to the glorious 70s! He's a national treasure - the boyish enthusiasm, the messiah-like turnaround in results, the tantrums, the rumours of unrest and finally the walkout. It's a timeless classic and should be made into an opera.

Seriously, I would doubt the judgement of one who does a favour to agents by buying a player the club does not need while appointing a certain D.Wise as Football Director above his manager's head.

Woody1985
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
How dare you! Kevin Keegan is above criticism. Every time I see him I am transported back to the glorious 70s! He's a national treasure - the boyish enthusiasm, the messiah-like turnaround in results, the tantrums, the rumours of unrest and finally the walkout. It's a timeless classic and should be made into an opera.

Seriously, I would doubt the judgement of one who does a favour to agents by buying a player the club does not need while appointing a certain D.Wise as Football Director above his manager's head.

From what I understand, the club agreed to set up a player so that the agent would give them first choice on any other South American talents.

Good business sense by getting yourself to the front of the queue. However, it would only have been good if KK was interested in the player. TBH I think that KK has just used that as an excuse cos he's ***** and out of touch with modern football.

euro Hibby
03-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Badly run club on and off the field for years.

NAE NOOKIE
03-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Greedy bassa

StevieC
04-10-2009, 12:42 PM

He has lost 150 million because the "few things" he got wrong resulted in the club getting relegated.

He is now trying to squeeze everything he can out of the club (ie selling best players and pocketing the cash whilst making no new player purchases and not forking out for a new manager) and currently looks like he is taking his chances with a quick return to the Premiership so he can up the selling price.

To his credit, he is turning up at every game and taking the fans abuse on the chin.

I agree about Keegan though .. too long out the game .. a serial quitter .. and he should never have been brought back in. It was a knee jerk reaction from an owner that was under pressure and looking for a quick fix to appease the fans.

judas
04-10-2009, 05:52 PM

I agree with your thoughts of Keegan. The boy is a fanny.

Now he is about to take £2m from the club he is supposed to love.

Newcastle fans have never been the most rational.

judas
04-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Excellent point about Shearer. I have been disgusted by his behaviour over the past few years. It does appear that he was stirring it in the dressing room as a player. Since retiring, he has not been slow to stick the boot in from his priviledged position on MOTD.

I think the Toon fans should remember this, and also the fact that he did squat to keep them up as a manager, when he comes sniffing round the job the next time it is available.

I agree.

Shearer is the king of bawbags.

He sits in the studio in the comfy chair with Hansen and Lawrence and pontificates about how the game should be played.

One disaster in management and he folds faster than a deck chair under the weight of Nade.

Ed De Gramo
04-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Think I read that Wise wanted Keegan to sign a South American guy based on two clips from YouTube :faf:

hibsbollah
04-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Think I read that Wise wanted Keegan to sign a South American guy based on two clips from YouTube :faf:

Whats so funny about that?:confused:

...Mixu did that with Zarabi:faf:

Ed De Gramo
04-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Whats so funny about that?:confused:

...Mixu did that with Zarabi:faf:

Wonder if the youtube guy had his own website :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
04-10-2009, 06:56 PM

I believe that is how the Hearts scouting network operates. I know for a fact they do not have any senior scouts on the books.

Ed De Gramo
04-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I believe that is how the Hearts scouting network operates. I know for a fact they do not have any senior scouts on the books.

There was me thinking they used Football Manager :greengrin

judas
04-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Why have scouts when you have the genius of Vlad.

I hear the scouting network works by telephone, a bit like this:

Vlad : It's Vlad here.
Lithuanian 'Scout' : Hail. Don Romanov.
Vlad : I need to wash some more mone . . . erm, I mean sign some world class Lithuanians.
Lithuanian 'Scout' : Erm. We don't have any top class Lithuanians Mr Romanov.
Vlad : Send me anyone over now and make him world class!
Lithuanian 'Scout' : How do I do that?
Vlad : Use Wikipedia, it fools these maroon morons every time.
Lithuanian 'Scout' : He he. I see what you mean. I'll get on to it right way Mr Romanov.