PDA

View Full Version : Name change?

James70
02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8286672.stm

Would any of you die-hard Hibs fans consider doing anything like this and if so what would your new name be?

Something like "Joe Baker" would sound good without being as silly as what this guy has done!

Speedy
02-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Derek Riordan. It would save me a fortune on nights out

Jonnyboy
02-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Ridiculous thing to do IMO

signed

Mr Smith Johnstone Reilly Turnbull Ormond

:greengrin

Hibercelona
02-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Christian Nade

I'd have an excuse for being unfit.

James Connolly
02-10-2009, 02:02 PM
The boy's obviously bonkers; fair play to him though!!!:faf:

Bishop Hibee
02-10-2009, 02:34 PM
A cousin of mine gave one of his sons the first name 'Reilly' and middle name 'Ormond' :thumbsup: A jambo former work mate named his son Cameron Adam after their '98 final goalscorers :jamboak:

Reminds me of the old 'Mason Boyne' character played by Robbie Coltrane whose daughter was called Orangina.

You can take things too far.....

Pedantic_Hibee
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Pat McGroin.

Killiehibbie
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM

Would any of you die-hard Hibs fans consider doing anything like this and if so what would your new name be?

Something like "Joe Baker" would sound good without being as silly as what this guy has done!
He admits to being daft since he was 9. No arguing with that.

Chuckie
02-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Shight inbred team with shight inbred supporters (see picture and story)

ancient hibee
02-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Don't like these stupid names.

Ivor Bolokov.

GlesgaeHibby
02-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Report was just on Rep Scotland. When speaking to his mum they had her title as;

Hazel Boyle
Motherwell Football Club's Mum
:faf:

ancient hibee
02-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Pity they didn't have John Boyle on as he would be Motherwell Football Club's Owner.

KiddA
02-10-2009, 06:33 PM

Maybe a player name but to be called Motherwell is daft to say the least. Maybe once he matures he will realize it was not the brightest thing to do. I guess he can change it back though.

lapsedhibee
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Maybe a player name but to be called Motherwell is daft to say the least. Maybe once he matures he will realize it was not the brightest thing to do. I guess he can change it back though.

Justin Edinburgh flourished ok as a fitballer, and wasn't there an international eggchaser called Ron Glasgow, or similar? Or maybe I'm thinking of Ken Scotland.

Anyway, nought wrong with being named after a place.

Singed,
Joe Northern Lights Of Old Aberdeen

KiddA
02-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Justin Edinburgh flourished ok as a fitballer, and wasn't there an international eggchaser called Ron Glasgow, or similar? Or maybe I'm thinking of Ken Scotland.

Anyway, nought wrong with being named after a place.

Singed,
Joe Northern Lights Of Old Aberdeen

:top marks

iwasthere1972
02-10-2009, 08:26 PM

Not after a football club or a player but after red indian (or is it native)

Big Chief Sitting Bull.

I decided against it as at the time as I had my reservations. :redindian:

jacques_b
02-10-2009, 08:32 PM

Big Chief Sitting Bull.

Straight Red!

iwasthere1972
02-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Straight Red!

HOW. :redindian:

RickyS
02-10-2009, 08:35 PM

had a cat called Chico and failed to get my way when wanting to name my first born "Franck"

hibsfan7
02-10-2009, 08:40 PM
i would change it to maybe my loggin name hibsfan7

or hearts0hibs7

or 7up
:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

sleeping giant
02-10-2009, 08:42 PM

Joe Baker is right infront of me now on my calendar:greengrin

Three pictures...

A young Joe Baker , one after he had scored and one where he is kissing the turf at Easter Road during the Hands off Hibs Rally (which i attended and bought the t-shirt:greengrin).

137 Appearances and 114 Goals:not worth

I listened to many a drunken tale about him when i was growing up:agree:

RIP Joe Baker:flag::not worth

Sorry to go on a tangent:greengrin

cockneymike
02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Well my actual name is Michael O'Neill - my Dad once met him at a supporter's do, and got me the autograph of my namesake with the note 'To Michael from the 'real' Michael O'Neill' - I was well chuffed. :greengrin

heidtheba
02-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Came on here to see the reaction as soon as I watched that cringeworthy segment on BBC news.

My wife and I were discussing how many wee sengas would be wanting to go home with him after being told that name on a noisy nightclub floor...

PS Can you imagine the conversation with her mates the night after 'scoring' with such a wonderful guy...

Mate 1 "Ah got a braw snog last night aff big Davey"

Wee senga "I scored wi Motherwell Football Club..."

hmmm

NAE NOOKIE
03-10-2009, 09:51 AM
HIBERNIAN

Berni, Ian, Erni,

Erin. Nan, Rena, Ribena, Hernia .... OK this is just getting silly.

:duck:

Sprouleflyer
03-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Christian Nade

I'd have an excuse for being unfit.

With that name, you would be guaranteed a table at any restaurant if you phoned to book.

jae
03-10-2009, 12:43 PM
"Its for a good cause" He says.

Too right it is.

Nothing in the report about the grand He's getting from Real Radio.

This was a thing done on the phone in to see who would do the most outrageous thing to show how loyal they were to their team.

Grand in the bank and then right back to the old name perhaps.

Thank you very much

Bayern Bru
03-10-2009, 01:14 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7522952.stm

Related link.
:faf:

--------
03-10-2009, 01:41 PM

Big Chief Sitting Bull.

Native American children were named after the first thing they saw after they were born.

Which is why my Native American name is Big Fat Midwife Washing Hands.....

--------
03-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Joe Baker is right infront of me now on my calendar:greengrin

Three pictures...

A young Joe Baker , one after he had scored and one where he is kissing the turf at Easter Road during the Hands off Hibs Rally (which i attended and bought the t-shirt:greengrin).

137 Appearances and 114 Goals:not worth

I listened to many a drunken tale about him when i was growing up:agree:

RIP Joe Baker:flag::not worth

Sorry to go on a tangent:greengrin

:agree: Changing your name to 'Joe Baker' or 'Pat Stanton' would be much too much like sacrilege or blasphemy.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-10-2009, 01:48 PM
If Anthony Stokes hits a hat-trick today, I will stump up the cash and officially rename myself "Marty McRandy-Pants II" :agree:

hibsdaft
03-10-2009, 01:59 PM
If Anthony Stokes hits a hat-trick today, I will stump up the cash and officially rename myself "Marty McRandy-Pants II" :agree:

just in case you try and edit that :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
03-10-2009, 02:05 PM
A cousin of mine gave one of his sons the first name 'Reilly' and middle name 'Ormond' :thumbsup: A jambo former work mate named his son Cameron Adam after their '98 final goalscorers :jamboak:

Reminds me of the old 'Mason Boyne' character played by Robbie Coltrane whose daughter was called Orangina.

You can take things too far.....

I remember a friend of a friend called his first born Craig Paterson _________ .
I think it was about six months before Craigy was transferred. :bitchy:

--------
03-10-2009, 02:08 PM

Gonnae hold you to that, PH. :devil: