HibbyAndy
02-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Evens to leave spurs.

Some sort of scandal apparently

Where you hearing this ?

Hank Schrader
02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Where you hearing this ?

Rumours circulating London that he has been arrested. Read that on the Tottenham Hotspur Mad message board.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the agent scandal from a couple of years back, the one where Willie McSpiv was also arrested? Thats if it is indeed true!!!

Speedy
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/tottenham/6254522/Harry-Redknapp-betting-surge-mystifies-bookmakers.html

Someone on the sunderland board reckons it's something to do with Amdy Faye.

All just rumours at the moment

HibbyAndy
02-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Rumours circulating London that he has been arrested. Read that on the Tottenham Hotspur Mad message board.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the agent scandal from a couple of years back, the one where Willie McSpiv was also arrested?

:hmmm:

Interesting, need to keep a wee eye on this.

oconnors_strip
02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=52640

a couple of reasons on this forum. will be interesting to see his pre-match interview on sky sports news

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2009/10/02/is-harry-redknapp-about-to-leave-tottenham

paddy power have stopped taking bets. talk is of corruption with faye transfer

Jonnyboy
02-10-2009, 01:41 PM

a couple of reasons on this forum. will be interesting to see his pre-match interview on sky sports news

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2009/10/02/is-harry-redknapp-about-to-leave-tottenham

Anyone know who Amdy Faye's agent was/is?

andrew70
02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Anyone know who Amdy Faye's agent was/is?

was it not willie mckay??

Billychaotic182
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
What :confused::confused::confused:

oconnors_strip
02-10-2009, 01:54 PM

aye it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amdy_Faye

Jonnyboy
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM

aye it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amdy_Faye

Maybe there is a God after all :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
was just about to put a bet on spurs tomorrow, might wait now :wink:

KeithTheHibby
02-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Redknapp is on SSN at the moment, doesn't look like a man who has just been arrested!

Phil D. Rolls
02-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Redknapp is on SSN at the moment, doesn't look like a man who has just been arrested!

No stripey jersey and bag with "swag" written on it then? Bailiffs free that man, he has done nothing wrong"

Graham Law
02-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Guys take this opportunity to lump on Brown (Hull City) being next to get the bullet as all this Rednapp gossip has seen him drift out in the betting and if Hull get beat tomorrow the feeling is that he will be sacked!

You heard it hear - Brown next premiership manager to get the bullet

easty
02-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Guys take this opportunity to lump on Brown (Hull City) being next to get the bullet as all this Rednapp gossip has seen him drift out in the betting and if Hull get beat tomorrow the feeling is that he will be sacked!

I'll second that.....Brown will be next to go.....

Danderhall Hibs
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I'll second that.....Brown will be next to go.....

:agree: did you hear him pinning the pumping from Liverpool on his players this week? He said he got his game plan right - he saw Fiorentina employ the same game plan and it worked! The guy's all about self-preservation.

Winston Ingram
02-10-2009, 05:41 PM
it's all bollocks

Danderhall Hibs
02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
it's all bollocks

I'll believe it when Jamie pulls out of the golf tournament he's playing this weekend.

Wonder if Harry has any cash on Phil Brown to be next to go since his odds creeped back up?

PISTOL1875
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM

Brown 3 games left to save his job.. He lost the dressing room last Boxing Day when he sat the players down on the pitch at HT against Manchester City and gave them a HT '' team talk ''........

surreyhibbie
02-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Shame if it's true - I like the guy, even though (or maybe because) he seems a wee bit dodgy! :greengrin

the.wee.man.
03-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Brown 3 games left to save his job.. He lost the dressing room last Boxing Day when he sat the players down on the pitch at HT against Manchester City and gave them a HT '' team talk ''........
Shame really, as I thought this was one of the most inspiring examples of football management I had ever witnessed.

Watched a wonderful interview, where Phil Brown explained the reason for making such a stance.

Pete
03-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Shame really, as I thought this was one of the most inspiring examples of football management I had ever witnessed.

Watched a wonderful interview, where Phil Brown explained the reason for making such a stance.

If Phil Brown still managed in the championship then it might have been...however, if you look at his results since that incident then you can't deny it done Hull City more harm than good.

He'll learn, and he will get used to managing egos as well as footballers and I see him beingg in the premiership for a while to come...regardless of what team it is.

Might be going off on a tangent but I want to see Neil Warnock in the premiership. So close with Sheffield United on so many times and eventually gets them up...only to be (unfaily)demoted. If Palace had this transfer imbargo lifted they would be in the mix. So unfair and one of the most consistent, underrated managers in England!

the.wee.man.
03-10-2009, 02:47 AM
If Phil Brown still managed in the championship then it might have been...however, if you look at his results since that incident then you can't deny it done Hull City more harm than good.

He'll learn, and he will get used to managing egos as well as footballers and I see him beingg in the premiership for a while to come...regardless of what team it is.

Might be going off on a tangent but I want to see Neil Warnock in the premiership. So close with Sheffield United on so many times and eventually gets them up...only to be (unfaily)demoted. If Palace had this transfer imbargo lifted they would be in the mix. So unfair and one of the most consistent, underrated managers in England!

I know this is splitting hairs but my interpretation was that something may have happened in the lead up to the Man City match and the slump in form started there. Hull played mince, going down 3-0 at half-time, prompting Phil Brown to take such a stand.
It all seemed a bit tit for tat !

Agree with your thoughts on Warnock - a very resourceful manager and a cheeky bugger too.

Found a couple of his quotes:

He was asked what he thought about taking on Jose Mourinho in the Sheffield United against Chelsea game. “My wife will be glad about Mourinho coming to Bramall Lane because he’s a good looking swine, isn’t he?”

After a defeat Warnock was quoted as saying, “Somebody’s just given me a video of the game. I don’t know why they handed it to me because there’s no way I’m going to watch that again.”

Read more: http://soccerlens.com/neil-warnock-the-marmite-man-of-english-football-love-him-or-hate-him/7057/#ixzz0SpwBpnQo

PISTOL1875
03-10-2009, 10:45 AM

The thinking behind it was good but the players will have taken the hump towards it... You forget that players rule the game and if they don't want to play for you then they won't..........

Danderhall Hibs
03-10-2009, 10:58 AM

I think a lot of folk did think that at the time. I remember being in a minority on here when I said I thought he'd made an arse off it. I'd be cringing if Yogi pulled a stunt like that.

I think it's his own ego that's the problem mate.

the.wee.man.
03-10-2009, 12:58 PM
I think a lot of folk did think that at the time. I remember being in a minority on here when I said I thought he'd made an arse off it. I'd be cringing if Yogi pulled a stunt like that.

Why would you be cringing?

Personally, that would be the last of my emotions after standing in the snow for 45 minutes or more on Boxing Day watching us being pumped 3-0 at half time.

Lucky they never got Mourinho !:wink:

HibbyAndy
03-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I dont think its rocket science to think that Brown will be the next PM to go.

--------
03-10-2009, 01:06 PM

Absolutely. I heard that there had been trouble between him and some of the players before that game; my take on it was that the on=pitch team-talk was his way of getting back at them.

Not a good sign when a manager makes a habit of blaming the players in the media, however badly they're playing.

:agree: Mourinho's got a big idea of himself, all right; the difference is that Mourinho also knows what he's doing. I don't think Brown does.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Lucky they never got Mourinho !:wink:

I'd be cringing 'cos I'd know the manager was trying to make sure we all know that the players are to blame and it was nothing to do with him. I'd also know that the players wouldn't have much, if any, respect for the manager after that.

I'd also think the manager was the c word. :greengrin

3pm
04-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Big Eck might 'pip' Brown..

Graham Law
05-10-2009, 07:31 AM
I dont think its rocket science to think that Brown will be the next PM to go.

Nobody said it was - just stating that Brown is a better bet than harry!!

rainman
05-10-2009, 07:37 AM

I started a thread saying the same thin at the time.

Then last season when they stayed up, it was the Phil Brown show with him in the centre circle seranading the fans while the players who kept the club up were long gone down the tunnel.

1875er
05-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I read at the weekend that big Phil Scolari is now managing in Uzbekistan and is the highest paid manager inthe world and is on £12.5m a year!!!

The club is obvioulsy bankrolled by some Billionaire...

The world has finally gone mad!!

:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

1875er
05-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Oh aye and it would give me great pleasure to see Phil Brown emptied as I think he is an arrogant self loving erse!!

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I started a thread saying the same thin at the time.

Then last season when they stayed up, it was the Phil Brown show with him in the centre circle seranading the fans while the players who kept the club up were long gone down the tunnel.

I forgot about that! More evidence that he's a knob.

rainman
05-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I forgot about that! More evidence that he's a knob.

You can add his perma-tan as evidence number 3. :agree: