PDA

View Full Version : Which Hibs Do You Think Will Turn Up Tomorrow?

Speedway
02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Will the Hibs who turned up last week turn up again this week or will the Hibs that didn't turn up at Hamilton turn up and therefore we won't turn up?

Ultimately I think, that if we can nullify the Arab's ariel and physical threats, they'll have to find another way to beat us.

ahibby
02-10-2009, 08:07 AM
I think they will give 100% tomorrow and barring injuries we will see the same eleven starting. No guarantee that we will win but we will see another good game IMO.

Mikey
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM
It needs to be last week's team, and last week's team has to turn up most weeks. They've shown what they can do and it's all about consistency now.

Consistency will get us third and that will leave us one tie away from entering the Europa League next season. That has to be the target.

It also has to be last week's formation and that's down to the manager.

bingo70
02-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know who's likely to play left wing for Dundee utd tomorrow?

My only concern about playing the same team as last week is Wotherspoon at right back, i'm not saying DW cannae handle it, just a bit concerned that he's untested in that position and Utd rely heavily on there wingers getting crosses into the box, for what Mccormack lacks going forward i feel he'd be a lot more steady defending and in this game that might be whats required.

That said i'd have no complaints if the same team started as last week, just something that maybe Yogi needs to think about.

Craig_in_Prague
02-10-2009, 08:26 AM
I have a good feeling about tomorrow.
I didn't see the Motherwell game, but I have heard and read, that we worked very hard throughout the team. End result was a good performance, great win and now are joint 2nd in the league.
I can only hope the players therefore see what working very hard can bring.... and if we do work hard as a team, we have better quality than other sides, therefore big chance to win games.

I also trust Yogi is finally getting into players minds and slowly but surely we'll start to see the best of the players.

Leith Green
02-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Well one thing is for sure, it's definetly going to be a contrast of styles.
I just hope that we play to our potential, if we do then I reckon our ball players will win us the match, however you do have to seriously worry about our defending of set pieces and balls into the box..

IWasThere2016
02-10-2009, 08:57 AM
I have a good feeling about tomorrow.
I didn't see the Motherwell game, but I have heard and read, that we worked very hard throughout the team. End result was a good performance, great win and now are joint 2nd in the league.
I can only hope the players therefore see what working very hard can bring.... and if we do work hard as a team, we have better quality than other sides, therefore big chance to win games.

I also trust Yogi is finally getting into players minds and slowly but surely we'll start to see the best of the players.

I don't - we're no consistent enough

greenlex
02-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Same ten outfield players with Maka for Stack and we will win. Mn the Hibs.

Craig_in_Prague
02-10-2009, 09:02 AM

you'll probably be right.

but i suppose that's Hibs for you - Never know what we'll get :grr:

I would be gutted if it's another poorer performance.

Dashing Bob S
02-10-2009, 09:02 AM
I'd like to see the Hamilton/StJ League Cup Hibs to pop along to ER tomorrow, just to keep us on our toes. Consistency = predictablity = boredom. Let's mix it up a wee bitty.

ahibby
02-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know who's likely to play left wing for Dundee utd tomorrow?

My only concern about playing the same team as last week is Wotherspoon at right back, i'm not saying DW cannae handle it, just a bit concerned that he's untested in that position and Utd rely heavily on there wingers getting crosses into the box, for what Mccormack lacks going forward i feel he'd be a lot more steady defending and in this game that might be whats required.

That said i'd have no complaints if the same team started as last week, just something that maybe Yogi needs to think about.

Motherwell had good wingers last week, and both IM and DW needed help at times from the centre backs and midfield. Deeks was tasked with stopping MWells number 2 coming down the right wing and he did a good job, not always succeeding but you can't expect them to stop everything in a game. The same again tomorrow should see us do okay. Neither unduly worried nor confident. DW was skinned a couple of times by the Well left winger in the second half but when he was the winger was good enough to skip by both DW and one other Hibs player from midfield so wasn't all down to DW.

bingo70
02-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Motherwell had good wingers last week, and both IM and DW needed help at times from the centre backs and midfield. Deeks was tasked with stopping MWells number 2 coming down the right wing and he did a good job, not always succeeding but you can't expect them to stop everything in a game. The same again tomorrow should see us do okay. Neither unduly worried nor confident. DW was skinned a couple of times by the Well left winger in the second half but when he was the winger was good enough to skip by both DW and one other Hibs player from midfield so wasn't all down to DW.

Cheers

Wasn't there lsat week and only heard positive reports about him going forward so wasn't sure about his defensive display.

RIP
02-10-2009, 09:13 AM
If I was an Arabs fan I'd be bullish about tomorrow

Levein's a master of tactics - best in the SPL IMO

Stack's OK along the ground but a liability in the box. They will pump crosses in all day long and with their physicality he won't get anywhere near them

With big Jonesy away this will be our biggest test.

Falkirk, Saints and Well all had the beating of us in the box

I'd play Maka

matty_f
02-10-2009, 09:19 AM

Utd or Hibs?:devil:

Just kidding TQM!

I think it's worth pointing out that Utd, whilst more than capable of beating us, aren't some super-team that never has an off day.

They suffer as much from inconsistency as we do, in fact - probably more so this season. Utd have been found wanting in matches already.

Ultimately, I think that if we score more goals than we conceded then we'll win.

bingo70
02-10-2009, 09:20 AM
If I was an Arabs fan I'd be bullish about tomorrow

Levein's a master of tactics - best in the SPL IMO

Stack's OK along the ground but a liability in the box. They will pump crosses in all day long and with their physicality he won't get anywhere near them

With big Jonesy away this will be our biggest test.

Falkirk, Saints and Well all had the beating of us in the box

I'd play Maka

He's over rated on here IMO, the SPL was pish last season and he only managed 5th place behind a rank aberdeen team, a hearts team that couldn't score and only a few points ahead of us and we were awful last year, with the players he had they should have run away with 3rd place.

Previous to that i think he failed at Leicester and did a steady job at hearts, nothing to warrant the great reputation he's built up though IMO.

TornadoHibby
02-10-2009, 09:25 AM

:top marks :agree:

erskine-hibby
02-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I'd keep the same team.
If we can keep the ball and play the way we can, then the arial threat will be nullified anyhoo. It will be a tough game, no doubt, but I go for 2-1 Hibs:thumbsup:

smurf
02-10-2009, 10:39 AM

:agree:

Yogi has to make that big but yet obvious decision.

Hibs Spain
02-10-2009, 11:11 AM
It would be sheer lunacy not to change the keeper...

RIP
02-10-2009, 11:23 AM
He's over rated on here IMO, the SPL was pish last season and he only managed 5th place behind a rank aberdeen team, a hearts team that couldn't score and only a few points ahead of us and we were awful last year, with the players he had they should have run away with 3rd place.

Previous to that i think he failed at Leicester and did a steady job at hearts, nothing to warrant the great reputation he's built up though IMO.

Wee bit harsh

Levein took Hearts to two successive third places at a time when their player pool didn't merit it. He then got tempted to Leicester who had only just recovered from going into administration. There was no youth policy at the club and he had to slash the wage bill.

It's true that after a poor run of results he got the bullet. But he put in a lot of infrastucture that served the club well to this day.

Personally I think he has had United punching above their weight for years. And as Yogi said recently on the tactics front - CL always pulls a few surprises.

Franck is God
02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I do fear for Stack a bit tomorrow, ever since the Celtic game where he stuck to his line all match every side we have played since has used the same tactics to varying levels of success.

I think we are all expecting every free kick and corner to be fired into the six yard box with as much pace as they can manage, they will also crowd around him at every opportunity. Keepers are protected heavily by referees but only when they actually come for the ball and get hands on it, just don't see Stack doing this I'm afraid.

God Petrie
02-10-2009, 11:33 AM
No time for Levein or his hammer throwing teams. Maybe he'll play Wilkie up front again - pathetic.

bingo70
02-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Wee bit harsh

Levein took Hearts to two successive third places at a time when their player pool didn't merit it. He then got tempted to Leicester who had only just recovered from going into administration. There was no youth policy at the club and he had to slash the wage bill.

It's true that after a poor run of results he got the bullet. But he put in a lot of infrastucture that served the club well to this day.

Personally I think he has had United punching above their weight for years. And as Yogi said recently on the tactics front - CL always pulls a few surprises.

If we can't be a wee bit harsh about former hearts captains who can we be harsh about? :greengrin

My memory of his time at hearts is a bit different from yours, i was under the impression he was in charge when every club was making cut backs except hearts who continued to spend more than they could afford, did he not also inherit a pretty decent squd from Jefferies :dunno:

No idea about his time with Leicester, so will take your word for it but with Utd, he took over a team that should have been doing much better with the players they had, he stopped the slide but hasn't really achieved much since, stopped them fighting relegation but they should never have been there in the first place and as the SPL was so poor last season for the players he had at his disposal finishing 5th really has to go down as a failure.

Hibs Spain
02-10-2009, 11:51 AM
No time for Levein or his hammer throwing teams. Maybe he'll play Wilkie up front again - pathetic.
You can't stop him playing wilkie up front.Hughes worried me when he said he wasn't worried as Bamba and HOGG could handle anything the Utd could throw at us in the air :rolleyes:

3pm
02-10-2009, 11:54 AM

Either are United.

ahibby
02-10-2009, 11:57 AM
I hope that our inconsistency was due to us using too many different players and too many young players. If Yogi more or less sticks with the same eleven as last week we should see a much more consistent Hibs. I'm not getting carried away with last week because although we were the better side we still needed a break to get our noses in front. However, I did see an improvement from previous weeks. The centre backs helped the full backs as did the midfield at times so the threat from the wide positions was reduced to a few scary moments.

erskine-hibby
02-10-2009, 12:07 PM

Any good ones out of contract then???:wink:

Hibercelona
02-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Motherwell were poor IMO.

I think Dundee Utd will be much more of a test for us... even if it is at home.

Hibs Spain
02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Any good ones out of contract then???:wink:Hamburgers and steaks come to mind:greengrin

Mikeystewart
02-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Good going forward, pish at the back 3-2 hibs

Speedway
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM

Are we back to wanting to give teams goal starts then?

erskine-hibby
02-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Hamburgers and steaks come to mind:greengrin

Mmmmm:drool:

Hibercelona
02-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Are we back to wanting to give teams goal starts then?

Aye... Stacks doesne conceed goals right enough. :rolleyes:

Funny how its ok for other goalies around the world to conceed goals.

But when its a Hibs goalie, they must save everything, otherwise its their fault. :yawn:

Speedway
02-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Well okay, if it's not Stack in nets from the choice that leaves us, let's give Flynn his chance.

Mikey
02-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Motherwell were poor IMO.

I think Dundee Utd will be much more of a test for us... even if it is at home.

Bear in mind that Motherwell won at Tannadice the week before we turned them over 3-1 at home. If the players put in a performance we'll win.

brydekirk
02-10-2009, 12:59 PM
maka & 4 4 2. hibs 3 utd 1 :thumbsup::agree:

Hibs Spain
02-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Bear in mind that Motherwell won at Tannadice the week before we turned them over 3-1 at home. If the players put in a performance we'll win.
We should win..There would be no shame in fielding our international keeper though..Just to facilitate that win.It's might consider it an unfair advantage but it's within the rules :greengrin

Hibercelona
02-10-2009, 01:08 PM

But could that not be down to the fact that Motherwell are just as inconsistent as Dundee Utd and Hibs?

The fact that we beat Motherwell who beat Dundee Utd the week before means nothing.

If we turn up expecting to just get the 3 points handed over to us, we'll be in for some humping.

If we want to beat Dundee Utd, we're going to have to play even better than we did against Motherwell.

Speedway
02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
We should win..There would be no shame in fielding our international keeper though..Just to facilitate that win.It's might consider it an unfair advantage but it's within the rules :greengrin

International keeper is right, we should send him abroad.

HibbyAndy
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Reading that Webster Cadamarteri and Wilkie are doubts :hmmm:

If the same team that turnt up against Murrawell Hibs will win.

Hibercelona
02-10-2009, 01:21 PM
If the same team that turnt up against Murrawell Hibs will win.

No.

We need to play even better.

We played "ok" against Motherwell.... and Motherwell were quite poor that day. (Lets be honest about it)

We can't rely on Dundee Utd being as poor as Motherwell was.

If Hibs are serious about picking up all 3 points tomorrow, they'll have to put on their best performance of the season.

Hainan Hibs
02-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Going forward I have no worries but UTD will be creaming themselves about putting crosses into our box. Maka has to go in and told not to be a fairy.

Both teams will score i think, I'll go for a 3-2 Hibs prediction.

Mon the Hibs.

erskine-hibby
02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Well okay, if it's not Stack in nets from the choice that leaves us, let's give Flynn his chance.

In like Flynn...Is that not a film?:wink: