PDA

View Full Version : Vlad mark II ? (Merged Pompey threads)

IWasThere2016
01-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Technical hitch re wages .. Another Vlad? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8284936.stm) :cool2:

basehibby
01-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Technical hitch re wages .. Another Vlad? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8284936.stm) :cool2:

Even worse than Vlad I'd say - the Fulham fans have not even had a flash in the pan shot at glory to savour - it's all gone pearshaped straight away - shows just how careful football clubs have to be before they let some supposed international money bags take over ownership.

iwasthere1972

The main difference is that the Pompey fans won't dig a hole and stick their head in it whereas the Yams...............well we know the story so far. :agree:

Feel sorry for David James and co not getting their wages on time (if they get paid at all) and hope that they can make ends meet for the timebeing. :boo hoo:

Branston Baked Beans 4 tins for £1 at Lidl. :wink:

--------

How can yoiu suggest such a thing?

Look at his photo - could anyone distrust a face like that? :cool2:

I think Portsmouth have just dug themselves into a very deep hole .....

iwasthere1972
01-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Even worse than Vlad I'd say - the Fulham fans have not even had a flash in the pan shot at glory to savour - it's all gone pearshaped straight away - shows just how careful football clubs have to be before they let some supposed international money bags take over ownership.

Have I missed something? This is about al Fahim not Al Fahad.

jgl07
01-10-2009, 01:18 PM
That had me puzzled.

Fulham appear to be a well run club having come up from the old Third Division to the Premiership and stayed there for may years.

Exiled Hibby
01-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Branston Baked Beans 4 tins for £1 at Lidl. :wink:

Add 2 loaves of bread, and a dozen cream donuts and you have it.........The Nade Snack

Speedway
01-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Add 2 loaves of bread, and a dozen cream donuts and you have it.........The Nade Snack

The Nade Nibble, surely?

iwasthere1972
01-10-2009, 01:39 PM
The Nade Nibble, surely?

Isn't it strange that no matter what the thread starts of as it always heavily (see how I did that :wink:) consists of Nade's eating habits. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
01-10-2009, 04:53 PM
They say they will get paid tomorrow apparently so the proof will be in whether they do or not.

IIRC - the yams didn't get paid til the following week on the 2 occasions they were missed

hibsdaft
01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
why buy a football club if you can't afford to even pretend to run it for more than three weeks :confused:

H18sry
01-10-2009, 07:46 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8284936.stm :greengrin

Captain Trips
01-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Hmmmmm the Rix and Duff Jimmy connection, maybe so.

surreyhibbie
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Hope not. Haymaker has been helping coach the Youth team recently, but it doesn't look too good when the wages get delayed.

:wink:

basehibby
01-10-2009, 08:25 PM

:blushie::blushie::blushie::slipper:

Sylar
01-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Technically, it would be Vlad Mark III, as Angelo Massone already holds the crown of Vlad Mk. II

Definately worrying times at Fratton Park though...

EskbankHibby
02-10-2009, 07:41 AM
It's about time this happened down Gorgie way again to be honest, been a bit quiet for a week or so and i eagerly await the next crisis/non-story.

They must still have some season ticket money left to pay the gas man (although obviously not the floodlight man), my guess would be wage 'blip' in mid-late November for the pink ones.

Perhaps we should start a sweep.

Beefster
02-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Technically, it would be Vlad Mark III, as Angelo Massone already holds the crown of Vlad Mk. II

Another example of a club that spent big (for them) in the pursuit of glory, won a cup and then it went tits up for them.

I bet they're not as hated in England as the Yams are up here though. Every cloud and all that.

Haymaker
04-10-2009, 12:46 PM
According to SSN the fella is selling the club to a Saudi Billionaire! He's only just bought the club!

jgl07
04-10-2009, 01:17 PM

Where does Brooks Mileson appear in this list?

iwasthere1972
04-10-2009, 01:29 PM
According to SSN the fella is selling the club to a Saudi Billionaire! He's only just bought the club!

I didn't even think that he had bought the club. Thought the funds were kinda forthcoming.

My actual thoughts are that the guy didn't actually have any money but would accept Portmouth's kindness of a free home seat at Fratton Park while he strung them along. They then find out that he's potless and has been living on handouts for years while residing in a wee flat not far from the ground.

Haymaker
04-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I didn't even think that he had bought the club. Thought the funds were kinda forthcoming.

My actual thoughts are that the guy didn't actually have any money but would accept Portmouth's kindness of a free home seat at Fratton Park while he strung them along. They then find out that he's potless and has been living on handouts for years while residing in a wee flat not far from the ground.

Apparenty he has bought the club but doesnt have the money to invest it or something, so he is knocking if off to some saudi billionaire and staying on the board... who knows?