01-10-2009, 11:51 AM
manager, and player of the month awards :thumbsup:

Well done to both!

pity we're oot the cup and deeks penalties cost dearly

This usually presages disaster.... :rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
01-10-2009, 12:03 PM

:agree: Mixu got the award for March 2009 and the following 4 league matches we only collected 2 points of out a possible 12. :grr: Strange coincidence our first match after Mixu collected the gong was against Dundee United - ended 1-1.

Fingers crossed that history doesn't repeat itself.

3pm
01-10-2009, 12:08 PM
:agree: Mixu got the award for March 2009 and the following 4 league matches we only collected 2 points of out a possible 12. :grr: Strange coincidence our first match after Mixu collected the gong was against Dundee United - ended 1-1.

In keeping with the mood swings on here depending on whether we win or lose, I am going for an 8-0 win on Saturday. :agree:

Sandy
01-10-2009, 12:13 PM

Too true Doddie, but well done to both.

Cocaine&Caviar
01-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Am i right in thinking Riordan could be on 6 Goals in 7 games if he had slotted those two pens?

Hibee87
01-10-2009, 12:26 PM
ok here is a question has any hibs manager in recent history say since 00's ever picked up more than one mom award in a season or alternativly picked up back to back awards? I would assume mogga manged mroe than one but not sure and was thinking if things work out this month say win v utd, win v kille, draw at gers win v dons and would he pick it up again? i would say it would be an impressive month if he did so and would merit it more than he did for sept. :confused:

thoughts

MyJo
01-10-2009, 12:26 PM

If im being honest i wouldn't be dissapointed with a 1-1 scoreline on saturday :agree:

iwasthere1972
01-10-2009, 12:36 PM
ok here is a question has any hibs manager in recent history say since 00's ever picked up more than one mom award in a season or alternativly picked up back to back awards? I would assume mogga manged mroe than one but not sure and was thinking if things work out this month say win v utd, win v kille, draw at gers win v dons and would he pick it up again? i would say it would be an impressive month if he did so and would merit it more than he did for sept. :confused:

thoughts

October 2000
Manager: Alex McLeish (Hibernian)

October 2002
Manager: Bobby Williamson (Hibernian)

December 2004
Manager: Tony Mowbray (Hibernian)

Seasonal winner 2004/05

November 2005

September 2007
Manager: John Collins (Hibernian)

February 2008
Manager: Mixu Paatelainen (Hibernian)

March 2009

September 2009
Manager: Big Yogi :thumbsup: (Hibernian)

--------
01-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Too true Doddie, but well done to both.

I know, I know. I just wish they'd kept it quiet, that's all. :wink:

October 2000
Manager: Alex McLeish (Hibernian)

October 2002
Manager: Bobby Williamson (Hibernian)

December 2004

Seasonal winner 2004/05

November 2005

September 2007
Manager: John Collins (Hibernian)

February 2008

March 2009

September 2009
Manager: Big Yogi :thumbsup: (Hibernian)

How the stiff did Mixu win it two months in a row????????????

:faf:

basehibby
01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Well done to Yogi and Deeks - IMO all this hoodoo voodoo stuff is a complete crock of $h*! - please Deek and Yogi go out on saturday afty and prove me right :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
01-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I know, I know. I just wish they'd kept it quiet, that's all. :wink:

How the stiff did Mixu win it two months in a row????????????

:faf:

They were different years. :wink:

But you're technically still correct. Feb and March. :faf:

ahibby
01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Strangely enough I thought the teams were due a draw and maybe 1-1 possibly 2-2, however my gut instinct is now telling me one will come out on top on Sat, could it be Hibs:greengrin Nah nae chance we always get this optimism after a win.:confused:

jgl07
01-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Obviously the SPL has become another Hobo front organization dedicated to denying Hearts players and managers their due reward.

Deeklipse
01-10-2009, 08:05 PM

thoughtsI think if your aunty had baws, she'd be your uncle.

Speedway
01-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Strangely enough I thought the teams were due a draw and maybe 1-1 possibly 2-2, however my gut instinct is now telling me one will come out on top on Sat, could it be Hibs:greengrin Nah nae chance we always get this optimism after a win.:confused:

Ultimately, I think that if we can stop them from scoring and maybe nick one or two ourselves, we've got a chance of nicking all three points.

greenlex
01-10-2009, 10:09 PM
How did Yogi win this award for September when we were on the whole piss poor bar last week?
How did deeks win his award when he missed two penalties?
Bloody nonsense. :dummytit:

iwasthere1972
01-10-2009, 10:25 PM
How did Yogi win this award for September when we were on the whole piss poor bar last week?How did deeks win his award when he missed two penalties?
Bloody nonsense. :dummytit:

It was a strange decision but I suppose it was really only between Yogi and Tony Mowbray as the rest of the teams in the SPL were gash. Granted the Yams won the same number of games as us (2 out of 3) but nobody likes them so Shabba lost out.

If he can repeat the achievement this month then great stuff.

--------
01-10-2009, 10:28 PM
They were different years. :wink:

But you're technically still correct. Feb and March. :faf:

Oh jings - so they are.

Time passes so quickly when you're enjoying yourself. It must have been all the pulsating, silky football and trophies that took my mind off things.

Or maybe I was drunk for a whole year? :confused:

jacomo
01-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Ultimately, I think that if we can stop them from scoring and maybe nick one or two ourselves, we've got a chance of nicking all three points.

:agree:

Football's all about scoring more goals than the opposition, at this level.

iwasthere1972
01-10-2009, 11:27 PM

By jove I think you could be on to something here. In fact I would go as far as to say it's a masterplan.

:greengrin

--------
01-10-2009, 11:29 PM

By jove I think you could be on to something here. In fact I would go as far as to say it's a masterplan.

:greengrin

The man's a genius.

It's amazing that nobody's thought of this before now. :devil:

sleeping giant
02-10-2009, 09:05 AM

:faf::greengrin