PDA

View Full Version : The Hibs Defence.

Expecting Rain
01-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Great start to the season apart from our exit from the egg cup, excellent signings in Stokes,Miller and McBride, the emergence of Wotherspoon and the re-emergance of Zemmama, the defence is still very iffy though and for me the goalkeeping situation dosen`t look that much better, a right back and another centre back and you might get a 100% positive post from yours truly.

erin go bragh
01-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Great start to the season apart from our exit from the egg cup, excellent signings in Stokes,Miller and McBride, the emergence of Wotherspoon and the re-emergance of Zemmama, the defence is still very iffy though and for me the goalkeeping situation dosen`t look that much better, a right back and another centre back and you might get a 100% positive post from yours truly.
egg cup? and here's me thinking it was called the league cup:grr:
you sound like a yam ,ffs we can only win two cups a season
:confused: cant understand some so called fans

Expecting Rain
01-10-2009, 08:59 AM
egg cup? and here's me thinking it was called the league cup:grr:
you sound like a yam ,ffs we can only win two cups a season
:confused: cant understand some so called fans

Easy Tiger i was joking about the cup but if they win it i might it might have to rethink my honest opinion but just for the record i`d rather be in the group stages of the Champions league than win the League cup.

ahibby
01-10-2009, 09:06 AM
If McCann is 100 percent then we could have enough cover for right back, however I'd like to see someone who can cover right back and centre back come in because as things stand an injury to anyone of Hogg Bamba or Murray will put us in a wee bit trouble.

Expecting Rain
01-10-2009, 09:08 AM
If McCann is 100 percent then we could have enough cover for right back, however I'd like to see someone who can cover right back and centre back come in because as things stand an injury to anyone of Hogg Bamba or Murray will put us in a wee bit trouble.

A fit McCann might be the answer at right back.:agree:

basehibby
01-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Barr of Falkirk is the obvious candidate to fill that hole.

I seriously think that one addition would make a big difference, increasing the options in defence exponentially at a stroke and making our first choice line up pretty strong from front to back.

After that it would simply be a matter of keeping the finger on the pulse to see who becomes available that could strengthen that first choice line up.

Sandy
01-10-2009, 11:20 AM
If we sign Barr in January I would be very happy, but tell me, out of Wotherspoon, Sol or Hoggy who do we drop to accomodate him ?

Chuckie
01-10-2009, 11:22 AM
If we sign Barr in January I would be very happy, but tell me, out of Wotherspoon, Sol or Hoggy who do we drop to accomodate him ?

That will be Hogg.

Steve20
01-10-2009, 11:24 AM

Hogg.

Speedway
01-10-2009, 12:33 PM

McCormack.

Cocaine&Caviar
01-10-2009, 12:41 PM

Bamba into Midfield...

Hogg and Barr CB partnership...

HFC 0-7
01-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I would drop Bamba out of Defence for Barr. For me Bamba is a liability in defence, he seems to get booked all the time which puts pressure on from there after.

I would like to see Bamba back in midfield, but only for certain games that require a physical presence in there. Some games dont require very physical players in midfield. I hate to say it, cause I think Bamba is quite a good player, but if we sign Barr then I think Bamba may find himself on the bench.

basehibby
01-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Assuming all were fit and well, I'd have Barr at RB with Hogg and Bamba in the middle and Murray at LB. That would give us a strong and experienced back 4.
Wotherspoon would have to take his chances getting a pick in the midfield - I'm sure with injuries and suspensions etc. he wouldn't have to wait too long.

ahibby
01-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Assuming all were fit and well, I'd have Barr at RB with Hogg and Bamba in the middle and Murray at LB. That would give us a strong and experienced back 4.
Wotherspoon would have to take his chances getting a pick in the midfield - I'm sure with injuries and suspensions etc. he wouldn't have to wait too long.

:agree: The thing about Wotherspoon is he is still young and shouldn't be depended upon for every game. There will come a time he will need to be rested and that will do him the world of good; as much as playing in the first team has.

Speedway
01-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Ultimately I think, that if we signed a higher quality of defender, we'd probably have a better back four.

Franck is God
02-10-2009, 11:40 AM
I think the defenders we have are more than capable of playing at the higher end of the SPL and most other sides would be happy to pick from our squad.

Bamba and Hogg seem to be our best combination in the middle with back up from Murray, McCormack and Thicot is fine. The fact that all three can cover at full back and defensive midfield gives even more options.

Bamba will be leaving next summer for the Premiership, I think he'll have a great year and a good world cup and I think we'll get loads of money for him so maybe bringing Barr in then would make sense.