PDA

View Full Version : Champions League winner?

Expecting Rain
01-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Difficult to predict the winners of this years Champions league, Madrid,Barcelona,Sevilla and the usual suspects from England must all be in witha shout, i think we can rule out Rangers though unless they get a penalty in their next game.

greenlex
01-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Difficult to predict the winners of this years Champions league, Madrid,Barcelona,Sevilla and the usual suspects from England must all be in witha shout, i think we can rule out Rangers though unless they get a penalty in their next game.

Hearts?

Expecting Rain
01-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Hearts?

Unless they spend £500,000,000 in the near future i`d rule them out.

Zimmy
01-10-2009, 09:58 AM
You cannot rule Glasgow Rangers out, with their proud history and spending power do not be surprised if they make a late charge and win the CL.
:greengrin

hibsdaft
01-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Chelsea Liverpool or Barcelona imo

still not seen RM play so not too sure about them yet.

RoslinInstHibby
01-10-2009, 10:42 AM

watched RM 3 times now, they seem to be gelling quite nicely, defo the team to beat this year.:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
01-10-2009, 10:54 AM

:confused:

The Glasgow press informed me yesterday that Rangers had been, and I quote, "robbed" against Sevilla. Surely they didn't give a misleading impression of that match?

:greengrin

Hibercelona
01-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Unless they spend £500,000,000 in the near future i`d rule them out.

Thats chicken feed to them don't you know. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo...

I'll go for Real Madrid

Lmc2105
01-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Thats chicken feed to them don't you know. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo...

I'll go for Real Madrid

Barcelona all the way:thumbsup:

Steve20
01-10-2009, 11:18 AM
watched RM 3 times now, they seem to be gelling quite nicely, defo the team to beat this year.:agree:

They are doing really well. However, Barcelona are the team to beat. Still the best team in Europe.

CB_NO3
01-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I think it will be between Barcelona and Real Madrid with Chelsea being very close. I think Man Utd and Liverpool will just be a bit short this year.

HibbyAndy
01-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Inter Milan could be sneeky wee dark horses :agree:

Sylar
01-10-2009, 03:45 PM
I'd absolutely love to see a Real Madrid vs Barcelona final, with half of the Bernabau cheering Barca to victory :thumbsup:

bingo70
01-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Inter Milan could be sneeky wee dark horses :agree:

:agree:

Always like teams that don't start the season too strongly, much better to peak when it comes to the latter stages of the tournament. (i've no idea how this theory stacks up against previous winners?)

jacques_b
01-10-2009, 04:22 PM

liverpool nae chance. i'd stick arsenal in there. bayern could be a good outside bet...

Hibs90
01-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Anyone of Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca or Man Utd:agree:

NAE NOOKIE
02-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Its NOT going to be one of the thousands of European teams who will never get a look in at the Champions? League junket including us.

A rich mans club IMO and about as far removed from my football reality as it gets, played in a seeded league system to make sure there are no slip ups for the elite.

Benfica, Ajax, Feyenoord, St Ettienne, Malmo, Celtic, Nottingham Forest all finalists or winners in my lifetime are nowhere now and with the notable exception of Porto have not been replaced.

Its the same clubs every year now and though I will watch games coz you do get to see the great players I personally couldn'd give a rats ar*e who wins it.

:dummytit:

wazoo1875
02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Its NOT going to be one of the thousands of European teams who will never get a look in at the Champions? League junket including us.

A rich mans club IMO and about as far removed from my football reality as it gets, played in a seeded league system to make sure there are no slip ups for the elite.

Benfica, Ajax, Feyenoord, St Ettienne, Malmo, Celtic, Nottingham Forest all finalists or winners in my lifetime are nowhere now and with the notable exception of Porto have not been replaced.

Its the same clubs every year now and though I will watch games coz you do get to see the great players I personally couldn'd give a rats ar*e who wins it.

:dummytit:

Great post mate , so true and the gap between the elite and the rest grows each year . It's a closed shop and uefa can stick it up their @rse . I like you watch it to see great players but it's so elitist now it's getting embarrassing .

That said i think it will be between Barca , Chelsea and Man Utd again with Real in there this year :agree:

CalgaryHibs
03-10-2009, 11:05 AM

============
I'm huge Barca fan and i'm thinking it will be a repeat from last season with both Barca and Man U in the final, probally the two best teams in europe right now.

Hainan Hibs
03-10-2009, 11:08 AM
I'll go for a Barcelona win. Can't be arsed with the Champions League these days, not like how it used to be.

Marty-Hibee
03-10-2009, 11:15 AM
I've stuck a cheeky wee E/W bet on Wolfsburg, very organised side and look like they could cause a few upsets.

CalgaryHibs
03-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I've stuck a cheeky wee E/W bet on Wolfsburg, very organised side and look like they could cause a few upsets.

agree Wolfsburg is one team nobody is watching

weecounty hibby
03-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Have lost all interest in the CL. It is a money making excercise for the, already, richest teams in Europe. The word champions should be removed and replaced with the word greed. The percentage of actual champions in it is small compared with the number of competitors

Expecting Rain
03-10-2009, 11:21 AM
I`d like too see Arsenal win it but i don`t think their defence is up to it, Barcelona are brilliant to watch and play the game the way it should be played but i`ve a feeling that Madrid will win it, unless of course Rangers start getting cut a bit of slack from the refs who obviously don`t know the rules in Europe.

CalgaryHibs
03-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Have lost all interest in the CL. It is a money making excercise for the, already, richest teams in Europe. The word champions should be removed and replaced with the word greed. The percentage of actual champions in it is small compared with the number of competitors

my only beef aboot the CL is it should the "champions" of each league, not 5 teams from each league, like England and Italy .

Expecting Rain
03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
my only beef aboot the CL is it should the "champions" of each league, not 5 teams from each league, like England and Italy .

Agree unless Hibs finished 2nd.

Hainan Hibs
03-10-2009, 11:31 AM

Agreed:agree:.

Woody1985
03-10-2009, 12:14 PM
The problem with the CL now is there is so much money that if they put all of the top teams in the competition you would destroy the smaller domestic leagues.

Can you imagine having the NI, Welsh and other small league winners in there. One team would dominate the league forever with their new found wealth.

Although the need to get away from this seeding system. Can you imagine a group with Inter, Man U, Barca and Bayern at the 1st group stage. Now that would be a CL!

Richard Scott
03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Another all-english final? :grr: