Wembley67
29-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Shocking. It's all about Scottish teams in europe :hnet:

CapitalHibs
29-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Novo - row ZZ:faf:

magpie1892
29-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't normally like sports, such as basketball, where the ball repeatedly hits the net, but I'll make an exception in this case.

Row H
29-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Im loving this. Lets see if Sevilla can get a couple more before full time.......

James70
29-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Thrashed by a bunch of orange men, LOL :greengrin

MSK
29-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Thrashed by a bunch of orange men, LOL :greengrinBut made tae look like a bunch o plums ..:greengrin

s.a.m
29-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Gosh....they're really in a jam now, aren't they?

HibsNibs
29-09-2009, 08:36 PM
It's the diddy teams fault for not being competitive doncha know :faf::faf:

steviehfc
29-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Huns now bottom of their group.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

matty_f
29-09-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't see what is so funny about the Huns taking a pumping at home.

Oh aye - see it now!! :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

James Connolly
29-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Jim White absolutely gutted!:greengrin

Sylar
29-09-2009, 08:51 PM
What a boggin' advert for Scottish football :bitchy:

WarringtonHibee
29-09-2009, 08:52 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

:faf:

lapsedhibee
29-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Feel a bit sorry for Rangers. Must be a while since they shipped four at home in a Yooropean tie, is it? :dunno:

PISTOL1875
29-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Another perfect example of why Scottish teams are only in Europe to make up the numbers.. What a great advert for the Scottish game...

Captain Trips
29-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Giruy Thomson, and the rest of yer mob.

Tomsk
29-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Feel a bit sorry for Rangers. Must be a while since they shipped four at home in a Yooropean tie, is it? :dunno:

So do I ...

... in a horse's ass.

fife hfc
29-09-2009, 09:07 PM
They'll moan about the penalty incident, but it would not have made a difference. Anyway now they know what it's like for us diddy teams when officials fail to give stonewallers at ibrox.

Brilliant result and I hope rapid make it a double.

Mike777
29-09-2009, 09:08 PM
A Loss on sunday and thats some start to a season for walter, if it continues i reckon he will be away by january and probably end up down south.

1two
29-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Classic quote on Sky Sports News

"Novo scored late on but all that achieved was a slightly improved Goal Difference"

IWasThere2016
29-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Get it right ****n up them! :thumbsup:

Jamesie
29-09-2009, 09:11 PM
They'll moan about the penalty incident, but it would not have made a difference. Anyway now they know what it's like for us diddy teams when officials fail to give stonewallers at ibrox.

Brilliant result and I hope rapid make it a double.

That makes it even better. Shame they didn't have a goal chopped off too.

jgl07
29-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes you would never see Rangers losing at home by a three goal margin in a domestic match would you?

madabouthibs
29-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Yes you would never see Rangers losing at home by a three goal margin in a domestic match would you?

:faf: Yeah, I sent my DVD back, its got a typo! :faf:

I love the way they're doing bloody algebra on the radio to figure how Rankers can now qualify! :faf:

Bostonhibby
29-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Classic quote on Sky Sports News

"Novo scored late on but all that achieved was a slightly improved Goal Difference"

accentuate the positive :faf: can get it back to zero if they win by 3 next time, all part of the plan.

Winston Ingram
29-09-2009, 09:30 PM
:thumbsup::faf::bye:

I think we need some OF smilies :hmmm:

iwasthere1972
29-09-2009, 09:32 PM

Well if it happened once they surely wouldn't let history repeat itself. Not to the same team either. No way. :greengrin

Anyway back to the subject in hand.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

HibeeUnderwood
29-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Words can't sum this up! :greengrin

Unfortunately only this can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM

:duck: :thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
29-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Jim White absolutely gutted!:greengrin

There's something hilarious about seeing Jim White or Jim Delahunt in tears when the huns get beat :agree::faf:

Jonnyboy
29-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Hadn't seen the score until I logged on here and I have to say I am totally stunned. It's simply unbelievable I tell you. I mean ........... Rangers scored a goal :greengrin

iwasthere1972
29-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Hadn't seen the score until I logged on here and I have to say I am totally stunned. It's simply unbelievable I tell you. I mean ........... Rangers scored a goal :greengrin

The huns goal was a fluke. A tap in from about 20 yards. :greengrin

The_Horde
29-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Where is blueisthecolour tonight? :greengrin

lapsedhibee
29-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Was Tel Butcher commentating or summarising on this game at all, and if so was the expression "Bang the ball's in the back of the net" much in evidence? :dunno:

Austinho
30-09-2009, 12:20 AM

Brilliant result and I hope rapid make it a double.Of course it would have made a difference — the decision changed the entire game.

If the ref had got it right, Sevilla would have been down to 10 men, Rangers would have probably have been 1-0 up, and the guy who scored Sevilla's 1st goal wouldn't have been on the pitch.

Makes it all the funnier! :tee hee:

GhostofBolivar
30-09-2009, 05:43 AM

I think Ajax put 4 past them in 96/97, but that might have been in Amsterdam. Juve beat them - in back to back games - 4-1 in Turin and 4-0 at Ibrox in 1995/96.

GhostofBolivar
30-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Of course it would have made a difference — the decision changed the entire game.

If the ref had got it right, Sevilla would have been down to 10 men, Rangers would have probably have been 1-0 up, and the guy who scored Sevilla's 1st goal wouldn't have been on the pitch.

Makes it all the funnier! :tee hee:

Cos it's not like Rangers have ever benefited from dodgy refereeing, is it?

:angeldevi

hibsfan7
30-09-2009, 08:06 AM
OME PEOPLE ARE ON THE PITCH THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER IT IS NOW ITS 4 :faf::faf::faf::faf:

lapsedhibee
30-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I think Ajax put 4 past them in 96/97, but that might have been in Amsterdam.
Yep, that was in Hollandland.

Juve beat them - in back to back games - 4-1 in Turin and 4-0 at Ibrox in 1995/96.
Worst humping at home for 14 years then. Such a shame.

Joe Baker II
30-09-2009, 09:22 AM
What a great advert for the Scottish game...

Unfortuantely that is how it will be seen elsewhere though in fact 4-1 probably did not reflect flow of the game and penalty decision was a shocker which may (and I emphasise may) have been crucial. Consolation can be taken from fact it certainly was far from the worse Scottish performance I have seen in Europe (and there have been far worse in last 2 seasons).

No desire to gloat, given we have won one tie in European competition in the last 31 years doing so just makes Hibs fans looks pathetic to others.

jazthehibby
30-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Cos it's not like Rangers have ever benefited from dodgy refereeing, is it?

:angeldevi

Said exactly the same thing last night. It was so funny watching & listening to Uncle Wattie last night on the pen incident, moaning like the bad loser when they get beat.

That;s how it feels when when the other teams get stonewallers and the ref plays on. Bet Craig Levien was wetting himself last night as he seems to have been on the wrong end the most over the past couple of seasons.

Tomsk
30-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Unfortuantely that is how it will be seen elsewhere though in fact 4-1 probably did not reflect flow of the game and penalty decision was a shocker which may (and I emphasise may) have been crucial. Consolation can be taken from fact it certainly was far from the worse Scottish performance I have seen in Europe (and there have been far worse in last 2 seasons).

No desire to gloat, given we have won one tie in European competition in the last 31 years doing so just makes Hibs fans looks pathetic to others.

They say time's a great healer. You'll get over it.

JackRegan
30-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Got a mate with a grand on Seville at even money. :thumbsup:

Keith_M
30-09-2009, 11:28 AM

Really!! How how much did he win?

:greengrin

hibs1875aye
30-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Ha. Get it right up ye rangers ya dirty cheating getts. "no penalty" - welcome to the club.

Its great they were done - they should try being the rest of the SPL against them.

As for the result :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No harm to Scottish football - who'd want the huns representing us in Europe anyway with their sectarian *****.

And finally, where is that wee hun guy that was posting on here not so long ago? :bye:

Ha Ha.

hibs1875aye
30-09-2009, 11:36 AM
"penalty decision was a shocker"

Sweet. Delighted. Couldnt have happened to a bigger bunch of *******s, well maybe celtic and hearts too :greengrin

"No desire to gloat, given we have won one tie in European competition in the last 31 years doing so just makes Hibs fans looks pathetic to others.

Really? And you think the huns didnt laugh at us DUE to our crappy European record? Im filling my boots slagging every hun I know and if that's pathetic, then I'll have to admit to being REALLY pathetic today. Hehehehe :thumbsup:

3pm
30-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Really!! You have a mate?

:greengrin

Fixed it. :wink:

Cabbage East
30-09-2009, 12:03 PM

Mag7
30-09-2009, 12:11 PM
You know what? I used to love seeing Rangers humbled in Europe, particularly back in the 90s by the likes of Juventus. But in those days Rangers were actually a decent side with the arrogance to boot. These days they are a nothing team and it's a sad indictment of the standard of the SPL that this mob are the champions. They certainly ain't a team to fear and rather than finding last night's result funny I actually find it pretty sad as it sums up how low Scottish football has sunk in European terms, from the national team downwards. As somebody else said, we as Hibs fans are hardly in a position to gloat.

Alicky Ranks
30-09-2009, 12:25 PM
You know what? I used to love seeing Rangers humbled in Europe, particularly back in the 90s by the likes of Juventus. But in those days Rangers were actually a decent side with the arrogance to boot. These days they are a nothing team and it's a sad indictment of the standard of the SPL that this mob are the champions. They certainly ain't a team to fear and rather than finding last night's result funny I actually find it pretty sad as it sums up how low Scottish football has sunk in European terms, from the national team downwards. As somebody else said, we as Hibs fans are hardly in a position to gloat.

Gotta agree. It might be funny if it had meant anything but the huns were never going to qualify from that group. They're just there to pick up as much cash as possible while trying not to make Scottish football look any more embarrassing than it already is. Can they still parachute into the Europa League, or does that not happen any more?

plhibs
30-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Gotta agree. It might be funny if it had meant anything but the huns were never going to qualify from that group. They're just there to pick up as much cash as possible while trying not to make Scottish football look any more embarrassing than it already is. Can they still parachute into the Europa League, or does that not happen any more?

The third place teams go into the Europa cup.

khib70
30-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Hope he's got it in a double with Rapid Vienna :devil:

Hibercelona
30-09-2009, 02:11 PM

There will be an appeal by Rangers about match fixing over the penalty incident.... and all bets on that game will become void. :devil:

iwasthere1972
30-09-2009, 02:25 PM

:hmmm: Is his first name Walter?

ancient hibee
30-09-2009, 04:28 PM
What is really dispiriting is that 30 years ago we could have given teams like Sevilla a game.Now we would struggle to stop them getting double figures.It's ok to laugh at Rangers but we are streets behind them and would have been massacred last night.

--------
30-09-2009, 04:37 PM
What is really dispiriting is that 30 years ago we could have given teams like Sevilla a game.Now we would struggle to stop them getting double figures.It's ok to laugh at Rangers but we are streets behind them and would have been massacred last night.

:agree:

Joe Baker II
01-10-2009, 08:35 AM
They say time's a great healer. You'll get over it.

31 years is a long time as you say but given I was pretty young when we actually won European games and often outlasted clubs like Rangers in Europe, hardly feel in position to gloat at other Scottish teams struggling.