PDA

View Full Version : Scotland U21 Squad (MERGED)

HFC 0-7
29-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Wotherspoon and Hanlon called up to scotland U21 squad which is great news for Wotherspoon in particular as his performances are obviously getting noticed.

I also noticed that there are no Hearts players in the squad, which I think doesnt happen very often, perhaps a sign that the problems at the PBS are a bit deeper?

Barney McGrew
29-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Good stuff for Spoony, it's thoroughly deserved on the performances he's put in so far this season :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
29-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Wotherspoon and Hanlon called up to scotland U21 squad which is great news for Wotherspoon in particular as his performances are obviously getting noticed.

I also noticed that there are no Hearts players in the squad, which I think doesnt happen very often, perhaps a sign that the problems at the PBS are a bit deeper?

Indeed.

Hearts used to have many a player in the under 21's, just shows you that they have no ready made youngsters for the breakthrough, chuck in no money to sign players and yes its worrying times for the yams.

Well done to both our lads though :agree:

Cocaine&Caviar
29-09-2009, 06:21 PM
No McCormack or Galbraith, thought they might have done enough

johnrebus
29-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Absolute rubbish!

Didn't you know that the Hearts Academy is producing far more, better quality young players than any other club in Scotland ?

:faf:

MontrealHibs
29-09-2009, 06:38 PM
No McCormack or Galbraith, thought they might have done enough

Are they both under 21?

500miles
29-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Are they both under 21?

Darren turned 21 today, and Danny is 19/20.

BigKev
29-09-2009, 07:11 PM

Think their right back Thomson has a chance - been getting some decent reviews by others outwith the PBS. Surprised their superstar striker Gary Glen isn't included though :wink:

Excellent news for Wotherspoon though. He's well known in the Scotland set up though having performed admirably for the national 19's last season along with Hanlon.

Galbraith hasn't played enough with us to merit a place IMO but could be a shout once he's played a run of games.

jakedance
29-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Think their right back Thomson has a chance - been getting some decent reviews by others outwith the PBS. Surprised their superstar striker Gary Glen isn't included though :wink:

Excellent news for Wotherspoon though. He's well known in the Scotland set up though having performed admirably for the national 19's last season along with Hanlon.

Galbraith hasn't played enough with us to merit a place IMO but could be a shout once he's played a run of games.

I thought the boy Thomson from Hearts would have a shout. What little I've seen he looks like a player.

EDIT: I should add my congratulations to Hanlon and Wotherspoon. Well deserved.

ceecee
29-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Would imagine Wallace might get a full cap v Japan.

YetholmHibee
29-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Absolute rubbish!

Didn't you know that the Hearts Academy is producing far more, better quality young players than any other club in Scotland ?

:faf:

:blah: :blah: :blah:

How many Hibs & Hearts boys are in the squad for Thursdays Scotland (U-16)Victory Shield game against Northern Ireland?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=128&newsID=5075

:duck: :duck: :duck:

kirky hibs
30-09-2009, 06:50 AM
wotherspoon to play for scotland under 21s but great for the young guy:thumbsup: