PDA

View Full Version : Young ambition

MB62
29-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Just got told this from my nephew, funny as

My wee 5 year old grand nephew Patrick, was on the bus travelling to school wearing his uniform this morning, when a man starts talking to him:

“You go to St.Cuthbert’s, do you?”

Pat: “Yes”

The Man: “My sons went to St.Cuthbert’s, but that was a long time ago. Are you going to play for St.Cuthbert’s football team?”

Pat just looks at him. Mum then says “Patrick, tell the man; are you going to play for the school football team when you are older?”

Pat looks at the man again and says “No. Hibernian!”

Absolutely brilliant :thumbsup:

It makes it all the better when you realise that Pat's Mum is a Celtic supporter and has been trying hard to turn the wee man's head westwards, but there's not a chance in hell of that ever happening in our family :greengrin

GGTTH

HibbyAndy
29-09-2009, 01:03 PM
:aok:

Hibercelona
29-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Good to know that some young one's out there are on the right track. :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
29-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Always great to hear stories.

Unfortunately it's swimming against the tide these days - easier to go with the lowest common denominator... :grr:

MB62
29-09-2009, 01:24 PM

Unfortunately it's swimming against the tide these days - easier to go with the lowest common denominator... :grr:

Don't understand what you mean by that loko? :confused:

Mind you, I lost a few million more brain cells over the weekend due to alcohol abuse :greengrin

Hibercelona
29-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Don't understand what you mean by that loko? :confused:

Mind you, I lost a few million more brain cells over the weekend due to alcohol abuse :greengrin

It's easier for young one's to turn to the darkside these days.

I was talking to my mates wee cousin... and I asked him what football team he follows...... he never said Celtic... he never said Rangers....

He said Celtic and Rangers! :bitchy:

He's only 10 or something..... but are things really that bad? :bitchy:

bobbyhibs1983
29-09-2009, 01:41 PM
He said Celtic and Rangers! :bitchy:

He's only 10 or something..... but are things really that bad? :bitchy:

canne believe that, does he support celitic one week and rangers the next?

kids these days, guess it could be worse though, can you imagen if he said he supports celtic ,rangers and heartz?:grr:

MrSmith
29-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Rest assured my three boys are all hibees! (4, 6 and 9) even though their papa has tried persuading them to support Celtic!!

My boys just aint interested in the manky mob of cheats as my eldest now calls them!

wonder where he got that from??

Hibercelona
29-09-2009, 01:46 PM
canne believe that, does he support celitic one week and rangers the next?

kids these days, guess it could be worse though, can you imagen if he said he supports celtic ,rangers and heartz?:grr:

I fear they will add Hearts to there glory hunting list when they win the champions league in the next few years...

bobbyhibs1983
29-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I fear they will add Hearts to there glory hunting list when they win the champions league in the next few years...

Now remind me, there are due to win the champions league this season? oh next season?

MB62
29-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Rest assured my three boys are all hibees! (4, 6 and 9) even though their papa has tried persuading them to support Celtic!!

My boys just aint interested in the manky mob of cheats as my eldest now calls them!

wonder where he got that from??

Bairns can be brilliantly funny with what they see as the truth :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
29-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Now remind me, there are due to win the champions league this season? oh next season?

Vlad promises them that they will win the Champions League when Nade gets down to 400lbs. :agree:

KerPlunk
29-09-2009, 02:09 PM

Funnily enough, a mate of mine, who is a dyed-in-the-wool Yam (but a seriously decent bloke) has a 9 yr. old laddie (also Jambo) who is on Hibs books and he has nothing but praise for the way the club run things and look after the boys.
His laddie had the choice of either the Girodome, Riccarton or the Cabbage and after they had been to see each club for themselves, Hibs came up trumps on every criteria. East Mains is the clincher !!!

So well done Hibs, and especially to the guys who run the youth set-up.

:thumbsup:

Allant1981
29-09-2009, 02:31 PM
mu old man is a jambo but think he only ever took me to one hearts game when i was younger. I ended up going with my uncle to watch hibs and got hooked. Think more folk should let their kids decide. That way there might not be as many kids from outside glasgow supporting either side of the old firm. Although i think i might be trying to brainwash the wee lad already and he is only 10 months

Jonnyboy
29-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Just got told this from my nephew, funny as

My wee 5 year old grand nephew Patrick, was on the bus travelling to school wearing his uniform this morning, when a man starts talking to him:

“You go to St.Cuthbert’s, do you?”

Pat: “Yes”

The Man: “My sons went to St.Cuthbert’s, but that was a long time ago. Are you going to play for St.Cuthbert’s football team?”

Pat just looks at him. Mum then says “Patrick, tell the man; are you going to play for the school football team when you are older?”

Pat looks at the man again and says “No. Hibernian!”

Absolutely brilliant :thumbsup:

It makes it all the better when you realise that Pat's Mum is a Celtic supporter and has been trying hard to turn the wee man's head westwards, but there's not a chance in hell of that ever happening in our family :greengrin

GGTTH

:faf:

Nice to see the Burnsie humour will live on MB :greengrin

andyhibs
29-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Good to know that some young one's out there are on the right track. :thumbsup:
proud to say that my 4 kids have been brought up the right way :greengrin and if the wife complains about me going to the game with them, im doing it for the kids:greengrin:greengrin

The Harp
29-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Good stuff Burnsie07. Nice to see my old school, St Cuthbert's getting a mention on Hibs.net. :thumbsup:
It was a great wee school way back when I was a pupil and, although close to Tyn*c*stle, most of the kids back then were Hibees - hope it's still the same.
Hope your grand nephew's ambition is fulfilled.

EH14
30-09-2009, 11:16 AM
mu old man is a jambo but think he only ever took me to one hearts game when i was younger. I ended up going with my uncle to watch hibs and got hooked. Think more folk should let their kids decide. That way there might not be as many kids from outside glasgow supporting either side of the old firm. Although i think i might be trying to brainwash the wee lad already and he is only 10 months

My old man is a hibby but because I grew up in Gorgie I always wanted to go and see Hearts as I could hear the stadium from my bedroom. Being fair to the old guy he took me to Tynie, but never pretended to be a Hearts fan- I can still remember us sitting in the Hearts end and him celebrating a Hibs goal. I don't think there would have been any chance of him letting me grow up as a Rangers or Celtic fan though...

Allant1981
30-09-2009, 11:47 AM
My old man is a hibby but because I grew up in Gorgie I always wanted to go and see Hearts as I could hear the stadium from my bedroom. Being fair to the old guy he took me to Tynie, but never pretended to be a Hearts fan- I can still remember us sitting in the Hearts end and him celebrating a Hibs goal. I don't think there would have been any chance of him letting me grow up as a Rangers or Celtic fan though...

I'm the same, my old man hated rangers and celtic so there is no way i would have went that way. Would have been the easy thing to do as all my mates at the time claimed to "support" rangers

Sprouleflyer
30-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm the same, my old man hated rangers and celtic so there is no way i would have went that way. Would have been the easy thing to do as all my mates at the time claimed to "support" rangers

You would think that the hatred of the OF is a modern day thing with their outright dominance of the league and constantly on the TV, but the OF have been hated by many a generation. My old man (god rest his soul) absolutely hated anything to do with the weegies and he grew up in the 40's and watched Hibs win 3 league titles around the time teams like Dundee, Kilmarnock, Hearts and Aberdeen were winning titles, a time when the OF must not have had such a stranglehold on the other teams. I would assume that in cities like Dundee and Aberdeen the feelings would be the same as in Edinburgh.

MacBean
30-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I went to st Cuthberts, and I too dreamt of playing to the mighty hibees, however that fastly fickled away