PDA

View Full Version : NHC New Scotland kit

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2009, 06:25 AM
With Diadora going bust, has anyone else heard that Adidas wil be the producers of the new Scotland kit?

:thumbsup: if true.

Could get some real class tops

Steve-O
29-09-2009, 06:30 AM
With Diadora going bust, has anyone else heard that Adidas wil be the producers of the new Scotland kit?

Definitely true, was in the papers a couple of months ago :agree:

Thecat23
29-09-2009, 06:30 AM

I've heard it's defo going to be adidas, much better than the dross we have had.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2009, 06:46 AM
I've heard it's defo going to be adidas, much better than the dross we have had.

Agreed.

Some of the diadora efforts were shocking......maroon anyone:wink:?

Must be for soonish release? For the game against Japan?

Sylar
29-09-2009, 07:32 AM
I was watching the Real Madrid vs CD Tenerife game the other night and wouldn't be surprised if we end up with something which looks like this (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3537/3847989180_7f5d3cfc9d.jpg) (one on the left) in the near future.

It actually looked nicer than that photo gives credit.

.SeventyFive
29-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I was watching the Real Madrid vs CD Tenerife game the other night and wouldn't be surprised if we end up with something which looks like this (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3537/3847989180_7f5d3cfc9d.jpg) (one on the left) in the near future.

Luckily I can't see them going down that route and I really hope not. I have a friend who mentioned seeing a design and said it looked very nice indeed.

I read that the deal is worth 5 million over 5 years I think which is apparently the biggest kit deal ever for Scotland.

pritchie
29-09-2009, 08:10 AM
i read in the sun that the top would be navy blue with thin white stripes running down it sounds ok

hibby4ever
29-09-2009, 08:17 AM
the whole point is that it does not matter what top scotland wear they will always be pants so who really cares

and i would not show myself up by putting on a scotland top it would make me :sick:

Worcester Hibby
29-09-2009, 08:23 AM
the whole point is that it does not matter what top scotland wear they will always be pants so who really cares

and i would not show myself up by putting on a scotland top it would make me :sick:

Terrible attitude and quite illogical. Hibs have been mostly Pish for most seasons in the last 20 years...did you refuse to wear a Hibs top?

I wear my Hibs top with pride because they're my club even though they are often pish

Fior the same reason I wear my Scotland top with pride even though they are often pish because it is my country.

Hainan Hibs
29-09-2009, 08:40 AM

Another ice cold cool guy who's just too cool to support Scotland.

sambajustice
29-09-2009, 09:09 AM
I think it'll have the Originals motif on it as opposed to the Equipment one. Nice and retro - tremendous!

cwilliamson85
29-09-2009, 10:22 AM
I deal with Adidas on a daily business and there marketing knows nothing of the sort about a Scotland deal. I did hear there was a possibility of it being Puma though.

Keith_M
29-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I have it on good authority that the new Scotland strip is to be produced by Lyle & Scott.

...or was it Colin and Justin? :greengrin

archiebald
29-09-2009, 10:51 AM
What paper was that the new zealand farmers post :faf::faf::faf:

sambajustice
29-09-2009, 12:16 PM
I deal with Adidas on a daily business and there marketing knows nothing of the sort about a Scotland deal. I did hear there was a possibility of it being Puma though.

SCOTLAND are set to pull off a major coup by sealing a £6million sponsorship deal with adidas.

The SFA will today hold talks with the sportswear giant aimed at replacing Diadora as their official kit supplier after the Italian firm's UK brand went bust this summer.

Record Sport understands the bumper package will be worth £6m over the next four years and dwarf the previous £4m deal.

Several other sportswear firms are in contention to compete for the rights but are unlikely to be able to match adidas' financial clout.

jacques_b
29-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Definitely true, was in the papers a couple of months ago :agree:

Fantastic! Next it'll definitely be true because it was on hibs.net !!!!

cwilliamson85
29-09-2009, 02:40 PM
SCOTLAND are set to pull off a major coup by sealing a £6million sponsorship deal with adidas.

The SFA will today hold talks with the sportswear giant aimed at replacing Diadora as their official kit supplier after the Italian firm's UK brand went bust this summer.

Record Sport understands the bumper package will be worth £6m over the next four years and dwarf the previous £4m deal.

Several other sportswear firms are in contention to compete for the rights but are unlikely to be able to match adidas' financial clout.

So it must be true and a done deal then :rolleyes:

Tomsk
29-09-2009, 02:40 PM

I doubt it. Anything with a saltire on it can only look absolutely woeful. What next? Tartan?

Phil MaGlass
29-09-2009, 02:44 PM

The whole point was not about good or bad Scotland are its about a kit deal. And basically you have shown yourself up, as a p1onker.

heretoday
29-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Do you remember the strip they had with a sort of blue band round the top of the shorts? That was weird.
Anything would be better than the current blue and grey Scotland rugby jersey which makes the guys look like Robocops without helmets.

Speedway
29-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I doubt it. Anything with a saltire on it can only look absolutely woeful. What next? Tartan?

Umbro did that one in the 90's

ScottB
29-09-2009, 05:17 PM

I disagree, as long as it's done right.

As for it being in the Record, it's hardly the bastian or truth and honesty is it...

Frazerbob
29-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Umbro did that one in the 90's

The Euro 96 strip was dark blue tartan and the best strip since Spain 82 IMO. The recent Diadora efforts have been very poor.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Has anyone heard of a launch date?

Cocaine&Caviar
29-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Do you remember the strip they had with a sort of blue band round the top of the shorts? That was weird.
Anything would be better than the current blue and grey Scotland rugby jersey which makes the guys look like Robocops without helmets.

new one is alot better

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/shop-by-team-scotland-national-rugby-team-scotland-pro-2010-ss-home-rugby-jersey.html

heretoday
29-09-2009, 06:17 PM
new one is alot better

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/shop-by-team-scotland-national-rugby-team-scotland-pro-2010-ss-home-rugby-jersey.html

You're right. I'd almost forgotten Scotland played in dark blue!

sambajustice
29-09-2009, 06:19 PM
So it must be true and a done deal then :rolleyes:

That was just the first article I came across...

Sorry, I forgot you were a direct descendant of Adi Dassler himself and what you don't know isn't worth knowing...

I bow down before you...