PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

RickyS
28-09-2009, 10:10 PM
anyone know what the song is in the opening sequence?
know I will be kicking maself when you tell me but I just cant remember.

Removed
28-09-2009, 10:13 PM
anyone know what the song is in the opening sequence?
know I will be kicking maself when you tell me but I just cant remember.

Freak Out - Avril Lavigne

Stenhousehibs
28-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Freak Out - Avril Lavigne

The Silencers- I can feel it?

I thought they replaced Avril Levigne last year. She must have been gutted.

Removed
28-09-2009, 10:17 PM

:thumbsup:

I was making toast :greengrin

RickyS
28-09-2009, 10:22 PM

thats the one - thanks a lot m8

Sylar
28-09-2009, 10:39 PM
They used to play Feel It before home games at ER if I recall correctly.

"There's a murmur in the air, and I can hear it,
there's a magic atmosphere...."

So on, so forth.

Cracking song!

Hibster
28-09-2009, 10:42 PM
used to get played at hibs games for a while, season before last I think

why are sportscene's starting sequences always so tacky? don't mind the song they use at the moment, better than that avril lavigne rubbish, but it doesn't really suit a football highlights show, and what's with the woman in the wedding dress and the kids playing computer games?

they should just stick to showing football clips, keep it simple

yogi984
28-09-2009, 10:45 PM

why are sportscene's starting sequences always so tacky? don't mind the song they use at the moment, better than that avril lavigne rubbish, but it doesn't really suit a football highlights show, and what's with the woman in the wedding dress and the kids playing computer games?

Aye gets on my nads too, looks really second rate.

basehibby
29-09-2009, 10:18 AM

I agree - the current song, although not the worst, is almost the definition of MOR and doesn't fill me with anticipation at all.
I suppose (for me anyway) the intro maybe sums up the BBC's attitude to Scottish Football - ie. canny be bothered - the show itself is second rate - no interviews with managers - poor production values at the actual games - sometimes condescending attitude to the lesser teams in the league.
I know some will shoot me down in flames for this but I preferred Scotsport (the Stotty version) which should never have been taken off the air IMO.

Hibee87
29-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I agree - the current song, although not the worst, is almost the definition of MOR and doesn't fill me with anticipation at all.
I suppose (for me anyway) the intro maybe sums up the BBC's attitude to Scottish Football - ie. canny be bothered - the show itself is second rate - no interviews with managers - poor production values at the actual games - sometimes condescending attitude to the lesser teams in the league.
I know some will shoot me down in flames for this but I preferred Scotsport (the Stotty version) which should never have been taken off the air IMO.

The show is pure ***** as is the 'highlights' on sky. We have to sit thorugh goals on sunday watching a simple tap in from a wigan v fulham game or somthing 20 times from every ****ing ****ing angle they get about 10 -15 min highlights for everygame then the spl comes on and its heres the goals quick 5 min for al lthe goals.

scotsport is a 40 min programme with the o/f taking up about 20 - 25 min of that still only 5 min of highlights then re running and talking about one special player or somthing. i mean 5 ****ing mins.

You would think that sky/bbc/espn even could put together a hour-hour and a half dedicated ot the spl show more than just the goals and the ocasional shot on target or somthing :grr:

basehibby
29-09-2009, 12:03 PM
The show is pure ***** as is the 'highlights' on sky. We have to sit thorugh goals on sunday watching a simple tap in from a wigan v fulham game or somthing 20 times from every ****ing ****ing angle they get about 10 -15 min highlights for everygame then the spl comes on and its heres the goals quick 5 min for al lthe goals.

scotsport is a 40 min programme with the o/f taking up about 20 - 25 min of that still only 5 min of highlights then re running and talking about one special player or somthing. i mean 5 ****ing mins.

You would think that sky/bbc/espn even could put together a hour-hour and a half dedicated ot the spl show more than just the goals and the ocasional shot on target or somthing :grr:

:agree: Agreed! Dunno about the Sky/espn effort but Sportscene is an excellent advert for the abolition of the license fee in Scotland :grr: