PDA

View Full Version : Yams Witteveen

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 05:52 PM
After just watching the highlights on SS2 is he the worst striker in the SPL?..worse than Nade?.

Nade and Witerveen upfront must have opposition teams qauking in there boots :greengrin.. that truly is one pathetic strikeforce:agree:

Witerveen from what ive seen chooses to take the wrong option everytime in front of goal.

Ill stick my neck on the line here and say they two will muster no more than 10 goals between them this season.

A truly pathetic strikeforce.

Barney McGrew
28-09-2009, 05:53 PM

They're not even good enough to be pathetic.

bingo70
28-09-2009, 05:54 PM
After just watching the highlights on SS2 is he the worst striker in the SPL?..worse than Nade?.

Nade and Witerveen upfront must have opposition teams qauking in there boots :greengrin.. that truly is one pathetic strikeforce:agree:

Witerveen from what ive seen chooses to take the wrong option everytime in front of goal.

Ill stick my neck on the line here and say they two will muster no more than 10 goals between them.

Never seen him play but considering even his manager thinks he's pish probably means he cannae be very good.

Did they not play that Algerian centre half up front at parkhead?

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Never seen him play but considering even his manager thinks he's pish probably means he cannae be very good.

Did they not play that Algerian centre half up front at parkhead?

:agree:

Says alot about shabas strikers at his disposal.

RoYO!
28-09-2009, 06:04 PM
how long does nade have on his contract? at 10k a week....:faf:

WindyMiller
28-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Witteveen.....the white Nade.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Witteveen, the poor man's Rhydian Roberts

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lb/variety_club_dinner_150309/rhydian_roberts_2329707.jpg

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Witteveen, the poor man's Rhydian Roberts

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lb/variety_club_dinner_150309/rhydian_roberts_2329707.jpg

:hilarious

matty_f
28-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Didn't the other Yam players nickname him after Makela when he first arrived, as Makela was rank too, it was only then it dawned on them that Pittenweem is actually worse.

By a distance.

Bayern Bru
28-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Ill stick my neck on the line here and say they two will muster no more than 10 goals between them this season.

Given that Nade's managed six goals since joining Hertz, I'd say your neck should be fine.

But never forget, he scored against Arsenal once............
:nade:

Toaods
28-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I feel we're all going a bit OTT on ade here.

The guy has got ability - how many of us could runfor a bus and catch it if you were carrying what must feel like an extra 6 or 7 stone on a level basis.

Let's lay off the poor bloke, just because he likes his Jaffa Cakes and McVitie's Digestives doubled up with butter doesn;t mean to say he isn;t capable.

Now the other bloke, that Wittenveem(?)...

.........................he's just pure rank rotten, mince.

Bayern Bru
28-09-2009, 06:22 PM
The guy has got ability - how many of us could runfor a bus and catch it if you were carrying what must feel like an extra 6 or 7 stone on a level basis.

Sauce?
:devil:

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Given that Nade's managed six goals since joining Hertz, I'd say your neck should be fine.

But never forget, he scored against Arsenal once............
:nade:

Exactly, thats ALL he's done in his career.

iliveoffthatonegoalagainstarsenal as i like to refer to him.

Pap.

matty_f
28-09-2009, 06:25 PM

Let's lay off the poor bloke, just because he likes his Jaffa Cakes and McVitie's Digestives doubled up with butter doesn;t mean to say he isn;t capable.

To be fair, he only caught that bus because there was a kebab and a cheeseburger left on one of the seats. Had the bus been scranless, he'd have got nowhere near it.:greengrin

hibby hib 69
28-09-2009, 06:49 PM
To be fair, he only caught that bus because there was a kebab and a cheeseburger left on one of the seats. Had the bus been scranless, he'd have got nowhere near it.:greengrin
Stop it my ribs are hurt'in :top marks

BroxburnHibee
28-09-2009, 06:54 PM

Never seen a single minute of this guy Andy - but more than happy to take your word for it.

The guy is mince right enough.

Fuds are welcome to him.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I really, really hope Nade and Witteveen (and, to a lesser extent, Suso) are as garbage as many of us on here are claiming they are, on 7th November.

We could be setting ourselves up for one almighty fall here. :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I really, really hope Nade and Witteveen (and, to a lesser extent, Suso) are as garbage as many of us on here are claiming they are, on 7th November.

Witteveen Nade Susan or Riordan Stokes Zemmama, but i getcha!

On paper we are superiour to hearts but its on the day!

Pedantic_Hibee
28-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Even if they did beat us, I'll console myself with the fact that we're not them.

Mibbes Aye
28-09-2009, 08:35 PM

The problem is he chases buses on the off-chance now.

Like any predatory creature, he associates the scent of a previous 'kill' or 'feast' with the potential for more :agree:

He only has to smell the unmistakeable engine emissions of a Lothian Buses double-decker and he springs into action, like a coiled mammoth. Fortunately so far, he's picked routes with enough discarded chippies to satisfy his hunger.

It's only a matter of time before he boards a foodless bus however and scrans a pensioner or a child.

I think they should put armed guards on all the buses :agree:

bingo70
28-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Not really, they'd still be pish.

If they prove us wrong by going on to scoring loads of goals and our strikers hardly score any then we'd look a bit foolish, cannae see that happening though.

rossi
28-09-2009, 08:36 PM
All very well laughing at them, but they're getting into their anti-football groove and winning games by a single goal. Lets make it 3 in a row before ripping into them too much.

bingo70
28-09-2009, 08:39 PM
All very well laughing at them, but they're getting into their anti-football groove and winning games by a single goal. Lets make it 3 in a row before ripping into them too much.

Why?

they're our rivals, we should be ripping into them whenever possible.

Hibercelona
28-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Why?

they're our rivals, we should be ripping into them whenever possible.

When's it no? :wink:

Sir David Gray
28-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Witteveen Nade Susan or Riordan Stokes Zemmama, but i getcha!

On paper we are superiour to hearts but its on the day!

On paper, the SPL shouldn't even bother playing the match as there is such a gulf in class between the two squads. Riordan, Stokes, Zemmama and Miller are absolutely streets ahead of anything that Hearts have to offer but how often have we played them and had a better team than them 'on paper', only to fall flat on our faces?

I'm quietly confident that we can beat them at TC, and if we play like we did in the second half on Saturday then there could be a thrashing on the cards, but I never like talking them down too much before a derby.

I've learned my lesson from the first derby after the League Cup win in 2007 when, beforehand, we were all asking how many we would be beating them by. :grr:

Even if they did beat us, I'll console myself with the fact that we're not them.

As would I.

I thank God for that every single night before I go to sleep. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 08:46 PM
On paper, the SPL shouldn't even bother playing the match as there is such a gulf in class between the two squads. Riordan, Stokes, Zemmama and Miller are absolutely streets ahead of anything that Hearts have to offer but how often have we played them and had a better team than them 'on paper', only to fall flat on our faces?

I'm quietly confident that we can beat them at TC, and if we play like we did in the second half on Saturday then there could be a thrashing on the cards, but I never like talking them down too much before a derby.

I've learned my lesson from the first derby after the League Cup win in 2007 when, beforehand, we were all asking how many we would be beating them by. :grr:

As would I.

I hear you pal :agree:

bingo70
28-09-2009, 08:46 PM
When's it no? :wink:

Exactly, but according to some (not just people on this thread) we shouldn't take the piss when we're above them in the league, below them in the league, about there debt and now we're not meant to take the piss out of their fat/pish strikers?

Every other football club in the world would love to have the ammunition we have over our neighbours, yet some want to waste it :confused: :wink:

Hibercelona
28-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Exactly, but according to some (not just people on this thread) we shouldn't take the piss when we're above them in the league, below them in the league, about there debt and now we're not meant to take the piss out of their fat/pish strikers?

Every other football club in the world would love to have the ammunition we have over our neighbours, yet some want to waste it :confused: :wink:

We've had so many bullets to fire at them over the years that some people just don't bother about them anymore.

Me personally...

I like to give them a big GIRFUY at every opportunity. :agree:

matty_f
28-09-2009, 08:57 PM

As would I.

A better example is the last derby at the PBS. We had a reserve side, a team that was a shadow of our strongest 11, we were already having a dire season and we had to pitch in a centre half pairing that had never played together, a midfield cobbled together and the Yams were pretty much at full strenght.

Yet, we outfought, outplayed and out-scored the tramps and won one-nil against all the odds.

:top marks It'll be a cold, cold day in Hell before I run out of things to laugh at the Yams about.:agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
28-09-2009, 08:59 PM
They could beat us 8v0 in the next game, we could go the rest of my life without winning the Scottish, we could sit back and watch them win treble after treble and dominate Europe for years to come, we could see them wipe out their debt by a Saudi benefactor, we could watch them parade Messi, Torres and Drogba, we could sit back and watch them tear us a new ersehole derby after derby for years to come, we could watch them in their new 400,000 all seater stadium and we could watch them come to Easter Road and piss all over us.

Whatever may come, I'll still rip into those helmets at every available opportunity. No circumstance will ever change that. Ever.

And right now, with the piss poor state they are in whilst we thrive, milk it for all it's worth and thank your lucky stars that our biggest rivals are the most mismanaged laughing stock in the world.

Hibercelona
28-09-2009, 09:09 PM
They could beat us 8v0 in the next game, we could go the rest of my life without winning the Scottish, we could sit back and watch them win treble after treble and dominate Europe for years to come, we could see them wipe out their debt by a Saudi benefactor, we could watch them parade Messi, Torres and Drogba, we could sit back and watch them tear us a new ersehole derby after derby for years to come, we could watch them in their new 400,000 all seater stadium and we could watch them come to Easter Road and piss all over us.

Whatever may come, I'll still rip into those helmets at every available opportunity. No circumstance will ever change that. Ever.

And right now, with the piss poor state they are in whilst we thrive, milk it for all it's worth and thank your lucky stars that our biggest rivals are the most mismanaged laughing stock in the world.

:top marks

Toaods
28-09-2009, 09:17 PM
any truth in the rumour that am ambulance was passing Tynecastle with it's lights flashing and Nade chased it all the way to Infirmary and when the doors opened he ran up to the driver and asked for a cone with a flake in it?

(old yins are the best :greengrin )

matty_f
28-09-2009, 09:33 PM
any truth in the rumour that am ambulance was passing Tynecastle with it's lights flashing and Nade chased it all the way to Infirmary and when the doors opened he ran up to the driver and asked for a cone with a flake in it?

Nade has been found unconscious, lying in a heap on the floor of an ice cream van, covered in chocolate sauce and hundreds and thousands.

Police think that he had tried to top himself.

BroxburnHibee
28-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Nade has been found unconscious, lying in a heap on the floor of an ice cream van, covered in chocolate sauce and hundreds and thousands.

Police think that he had tried to top himself.

Ancient but hilarious none the less :hilarious

Mikey
28-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Witteveen Nade Susan or Riordan Stokes Zemmama.......

I'd be willing to bet that the yams were stuffed for more in registration fees for their three than we paid for ours in transfer fees.

matty_f
28-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Ancient but hilarious none the less :hilarious

Crime in Gorgie has risen since Nade signed for the Yams, Police say this is not uncommon when dealing with snackheads.

jgl07
29-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Some nutter on Paranoia.com has actually suggested that Witteveen should sue the Daily Record for defamation.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62266

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Disc O'Dave
29-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Some nutter on Paranoia.com has actually suggested that Witteveen should sue the Daily Record for defamation.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62266

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Surely you can only sue for defamation if someone prints something false about you?

bighairyfaeleith
29-09-2009, 07:37 AM
does incestisback only allow registered users to view posts now or has my ip been banned because it's in leith?

mim
29-09-2009, 07:47 AM
The problem is he chases buses on the off-chance now.

Like any predatory creature, he associates the scent of a previous 'kill' or 'feast' with the potential for more :agree:

He only has to smell the unmistakeable engine emissions of a Lothian Buses double-decker and he springs into action, like a coiled mammoth. Fortunately so far, he's picked routes with enough discarded chippies to satisfy his hunger.

It's only a matter of time before he boards a foodless bus however and scrans a pensioner or a child.

I think they should put armed guards on all the buses :agree:

:faf::top marks :faf:
....especially the bit in bold. :greengrin

sadtom
29-09-2009, 08:18 AM

If Wittenveem is mince, then surely playing alongside Nade (in fact being anywhere near him) is an act of extreme folly!

bobbyhibs1983
29-09-2009, 09:12 AM

Now be fair and tell the truth, The bus was parked when he catched it and yes i ve seen the video and can confirm he did chase after it...

for about 10feet:cool2:

The_Todd
29-09-2009, 09:23 AM
You should read the match report in the EEN yesterday, Banderson was hailing him because he won a corner and got fouled so earnt a penalty.

Yes, 10/10 for getting yourself fouled. What a player.

Franck is God
29-09-2009, 11:36 AM

I Agree with this, Nade has already scored against Hibs and although I hope Witteveen is mince and he may well be they always manage to raise their games against us.

One of my worst experiences as a Hibs fan was at Tincastle. We were 4-3 up and it was injury time, they bring on a young striker called Graham Weir to derisory chants of 'Who' by the Hibs support. Two goals in two minutes later we knew who he was.

Gus
29-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Nade & Witteveen make Ali Dia look amazing :cool2:

Dashing Bob S
29-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Yes, Hearts are an ugly side with even uglier supporters, and a stronger version of them failed to beat Mixu's Hibs last season.

However, the Tynecastle pitch will be cutting up nicely after a rainy October and they will be on instructions to kick everything in green that moves and launch countless balls into the box.

They have a decent-by-SPL-standards back four and a bit of bite in the middle, and while their strike force is a joke, our defence isn't known as the best in the country.

So I agree with Falkirk Hibs, we should exercise caution. Hibs fans seem to think that for our penance in putting up with a series of turgid 0-1 and 1-2 defeats, and a rash of terrible draws, we're entitled to the 7-0 or 6-2 against Los Yambolinos every so often.

The truth is, of course, we are entitled to nothing, and that's what we'll get if we go in with a high-and-mighty attitude against our neighbours. See Hamilton (A) and St.Johnstone (LC, H) is you need proof.

BroxburnHibee
29-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I Agree with this, Nade has already scored against Hibs and although I hope Witteveen is mince and he may well be they always manage to raise their games against us.

One of my worst experiences as a Hibs fan was at Tincastle. We were 4-3 up and it was injury time, they bring on a young striker called Graham Weir to derisory chants of 'Who' by the Hibs support. Two goals in two minutes later we knew who he was.

We were 4-2 up............

Hibercelona
29-09-2009, 01:30 PM

That would be the game that finished 4-4 then.

A game that we dominated until the last 5 minutes.

I believe we were actually 4-1 up... and they scored 3 in the last 10 to make it 4-4.

Painful to say... but it still felt like a loss.

No matter how good we are and how bad Hearts are.... I'm never fully confident about a derby.... they have a real knack of pulling a rabbit out of the hat.

HibbyAndy
29-09-2009, 01:42 PM
That game went 2-0 hibs 2-2 4-2 hibs 4-4.

Baader
29-09-2009, 01:45 PM
That would be the game that finished 4-4 then.

A game that we dominated until the last 5 minutes.

I believe we were actually 4-1 up... and they scored 3 in the last 10 to make it 4-4.

Painful to say... but it still felt like a loss.

Remember leaving Tynie absolutely gutted - it did indeed feel like a loss. Was the last game before the winter shutdown and I always feel our season collapsed afterwards as a result of the match. Absolutley criminal to throw that away.

We were never 4-1 up though. 2-0 then 2-2 then 3-2, 4-2 and 4-4

Andy74
29-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Remember leaving Tynie absolutely gutted - it did indeed feel like a loss. Was the last game before the winter shutdown and I always feel our season collapsed afterwards as a result of the match. Absolutley criminal to throw that away.

We were never 4-1 up though. 2-0 then 2-2 then 3-2, 4-2 and 4-4

And Hearts didn't make the comeback in the last ten minutes it was more like the last ten seconds.

We had scored deep, deep into injury time to make it 4-2 and then they scored a couple in the short time that was left.

A total shocker of a finish that was worse than any of the gubbings we've had off them.

Hibercelona
29-09-2009, 02:17 PM
And Hearts didn't make the comeback in the last ten minutes it was more like the last ten seconds.

We had scored deep, deep into injury time to make it 4-2 and then they scored a couple in the short time that was left.

A total shocker of a finish that was worse than any of the gubbings we've had off them.

There must have been about 200 yams left in the stadium when we were 4-2 up! :grr:

Dashing Bob S
29-09-2009, 02:41 PM

The finish was diabolical, but tbh the bigger miracle was how we managed to get four goals. We were never in the game.

jacomo
29-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Hibs fans seem to think that for our penance in putting up with a series of turgid 0-1 and 1-2 defeats, and a rash of terrible draws, we're entitled to the 7-0 or 6-2 against Los Yambolinos every so often.

Damn right we are. Vladimir promised. :wink:

Franck is God
29-09-2009, 09:05 PM

Thats weird as I remembered it being 4-2 then them coming back to 4-4 but when I checked online for the Hearts scorer as i forgot his name they showed the score line going 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, 4-4.

I should have believed my memory!

Franck is God
29-09-2009, 09:07 PM
and i always blamed Mixu for their eventual equaliser, he gave away a stupid free kick at the half way line when he should have been forcing the ball back to their keeper. As a result they mobbed the box and the ball broke to Weir who scored!

yogi984
29-09-2009, 09:15 PM
My worst derby by miles. Tambo and townsley made it two nil they got a dodgy pen for one. Craig james scored for us in 90 then the ref grabbed the ball I thought it was full time but no, pen which mixu missed and brebs smashed in. They scored straight away and I mind after the 3rd screaming to zambernardi to keep the baw...but no punt up to mixu and they got a foul and the rest makes me sick to this day.

bingo70
01-10-2009, 11:41 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-boss-aims-to-spot.5694414.jp

Loved this quote from Shabba today..............."Witteveen is our player but, at the moment, I try to bring players in the field who can score goals"

:faf:

matty_f
01-10-2009, 04:18 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-boss-aims-to-spot.5694414.jp

Loved this quote from Shabba today..............."Witteveen is our player but, at the moment, I try to bring players in the field who can score goals"

:faf:

At the same time ridiculing Pittenweem, and ruling Nade out of a game, too.:greengrin

--------
01-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Yes, Hearts are an ugly side with even uglier supporters, and a stronger version of them failed to beat Mixu's Hibs last season.

However, the Tynecastle pitch will be cutting up nicely after a rainy October and they will be on instructions to kick everything in green that moves and launch countless balls into the box.

They have a decent-by-SPL-standards back four and a bit of bite in the middle, and while their strike force is a joke, our defence isn't known as the best in the country.

So I agree with Falkirk Hibs, we should exercise caution. Hibs fans seem to think that for our penance in putting up with a series of turgid 0-1 and 1-2 defeats, and a rash of terrible draws, we're entitled to the 7-0 or 6-2 against Los Yambolinos every so often.

The truth is, of course, we are entitled to nothing, and that's what we'll get if we go in with a high-and-mighty attitude against our neighbours. See Hamilton (A) and St.Johnstone (LC, H) is you need proof.

SO true, Bob, SOOOO true. :agree:

Went to Tynie the first match of the season 73-74. Previous Tynie match had been THAT one on New Year's Day 1973. Were we gonnae win? 'Course we were. We'd done them 7-0 last time out. Certainties.

Except they hammered us 4-1 and it took us until January 1st 1974 to get our revenge.

High-and-mighty attitude? Yup.

Maybe we SHOULD beat them - whether we do or not depends entirely on which Hibs team turns up - the one that played at Murrawell or the one that played at Hamilton.

bingo70
01-10-2009, 04:54 PM
At the same time ridiculing Pittenweem, and ruling Nade out of a game, too.:greengrin

Certainly explains why he played a centre half up front against celtic :wink:

Bayern Bru
01-10-2009, 05:10 PM
It's interesting how Shabby isn't shy of lambasting his players (in a subtle manner, of course:wink:) in the press. If I was Pittenweem or Nade (God forbid) I'd be feeling pretty hard done by and it would have done for my confidence.

(The fact that Shabby does in fact speak the truth is neither here nor there:greengrin)

Joking aside, surely managers should be encouraging the crap players instead of taking the mick in the press? Or is it all part of an elaborate plan to try and weasel some money out of Vlad?

HibbyAndy
01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
It's interesting how Shabby isn't shy of lambasting his players (in a subtle manner, of course:wink:) in the press. If I was Pittenweem or Nade (God forbid) I'd be feeling pretty hard done by and it would have done for my confidence.

(The fact that Shabby does in fact speak the truth is neither here nor there:greengrin)

Joking aside, surely managers should be encouraging the crap players instead of taking the mick in the press? Or is it all part of an elaborate plan to try and weasel some money out of Vlad?

Im sure shabba is frustrated and lambasting his strikeforce because he never actually sighned Witteveen, IMO ofcourse.

What manager thats right in the head would sign a semi pro football player?.

It all happens at the big Pink chocolate factory.

Remember the Hearts fans creaming themselves at the prospect of winning the CL and big BIG names being attracted to Pinkcastle, look how far and wide there net cast now?

Couldnt really happen to a better team IMO.

And 'IS' is irrelevant.

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2009, 05:19 PM
What manager thats right in the head would sign a semi pro football player?.

Tony Mowbray - Ivan Sproule
Craig Levein - Andy Webster

:duck:

HibbyAndy
01-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Tony Mowbray - Ivan Sproule
Craig Levein - Andy Webster

:duck:

IS is irrelevant:greengrin

AW clearly had potential :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2009, 05:22 PM
IS is irrelevant:greengrin

AW clearly had potential :greengrin

Gordon Strachan - Paddy McCourt. :dunno:

sahib
01-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Has anyone else read this thread and had the horrible feeling that the probability of one, or both, of the ridiculed players scoring against us next derby has just increased greatly.

Danderhall Hibs
01-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Has anyone else read this thread and had the horrible feeling that the probability of one, or both, of the ridiculed players scoring against us next derby has just increased greatly.

:agree: Even before this thread Nade was a banker to score. Now Witteeven will probably get one as well.

matty_f
01-10-2009, 09:14 PM
:agree: Even before this thread Nade was a banker to score. Now Witteeven will probably get one as well.

Should be balanced out by their comments about Stokes, Deek, Nish and Benji, though.:thumbsup: