PDA

View Full Version : Under 19s v St. Johnstone - went top of the league

oconnors_strip
22-09-2009, 04:36 PM
hibs under 19s take on st johnstone this saturday at east mains, kick off 12noon.

Randerson_4
22-09-2009, 05:17 PM
sounds good, may pop along. spoke to one of the team, hoping to make amends for last week!

oconnors_strip
22-09-2009, 10:28 PM
sounds good, may pop along. spoke to one of the team, hoping to make amends for last week!

oh they are all hoping to make amends! i hope they do cause im missing a first team game to watch them:rolleyes:

Future17
22-09-2009, 10:29 PM
oh they are all hoping to make amends! i hope they do cause im missing a first team game to watch them:rolleyes:

I dunno if "missing" is the right word! :wink:

I think I might take the trip to East Mains this weekend as tonight has sickened me of the first team.....although I'll prob feel different on Friday! :greengrin

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 10:36 PM
hibs under 19s take on st johnstone this saturday at east mains, kick off 12noon.

Can we not send them to Fir Park....?

oconnors_strip
25-09-2009, 06:09 PM
a wee reminder folk!

EVENTUALLY
26-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Any team news, latest score ?

hibs0666
26-09-2009, 01:34 PM
4-2 hibs

frazeHFC
26-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Hibs 4-2 St Johnstone

I was there but don't know some of the players. Bell, Smith and Welch were all great.

Can anyone tell me who:

1- No 9 striker that scored 2 is?
2- No 4 centre back who had yellow boots? (fantastic player)
3- No 5 other centre back?

emmjayfox
26-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Hibs 4-2 St Johnstone

I was there but don't know some of the players. Bell, Smith and Welch were all great.

Can anyone tell me who:

Matty Welch is a great future talent.:agree:

oconnors_strip
26-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Hibs 4-2 St Johnstone

Can anyone tell me who:

team was

1. lewis graham
2. scott taggart
3. callum booth
4. aaron chalmers
5. stuart beveridge
6. scott smith
7. david crawford (sub- keith murray)
8. matty welch
9. david love
10. fergus bell (sub- lewi horner)
11. david gold (sub- dean horribine)

daivd love got a hattrick and keith murray got the other in injury time.

there is a match report in the under 19s forum on hibees bounce:wink:

frazeHFC
26-09-2009, 06:30 PM
team was

1. lewis graham
2. scott taggart
3. callum booth
4. aaron chalmers
5. stuart beveridge
6. scott smith
7. david crawford (sub- keith murray)
8. matty welch
9. david love
10. fergus bell (sub- lewi horner)
11. david gold (sub- dean horribine)

daivd love got a hattrick and keith murray got the other in injury time.

there is a match report in the under 19s forum on hibees bounce:wink:

Cheers :wink:

He is so composed on the ball and his passing is magnificent :agree:

oconnors_strip
26-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Cheers :wink:

He is so composed on the ball and his passing is magnificent :agree:

id hate to see your reaction when matty has a good game!:greengrin

jdships
26-09-2009, 07:48 PM

Didn't see him today but from the two appearances this season I have , he looks to me like the "cream of the new crop"
Not the finished article by a long chalk but has great assurance in all he does

:flag:

berwickhibee
26-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Hibs 4-2 St Johnstone

Can anyone tell me who:

number 4 today was aaron chalmers,superb all day:thumbsup:

SloopJB
26-09-2009, 08:38 PM
It took a half-time lecture from coach Alistair Stevenson to get the Hibernian U-19 started against St Johnstone today - but the youngsters reacted in a positive manner to run out 4-2 winners over the Perth side at the Hibernian Training Centre.
The home side started with much urgency and their dogged pressing game paid off on 26 minutes when rampaging centre-half Aaron Chalmers put Hibernian one-up. But the U-19 league holders began to struggle with the frantic pace of the game, and St Johnstone fought there way back thanks to a goal from striker Darren Kelly.
Stevenson gathered his troops at half-time and let them know in no uncertain terms where they were going wrong, and his anger had the desired effect. Hibernian came out for battle with a renewed determination to use their possession more wisely and the youngsters found themselves two goals to the good after 70 minutes. The visitors managed to pull one back late on, but super-sub Keith Murray sealed the point soon after with a great slotted finish.
After last week's disappointing 5-0 defeat away to Hamilton, Hibernian came out determined to assert their authority on the game in hand, and immediately looked eager to avenge the previous week's defeat. On 12 minutes a great through-ball by David Crawford found the feet of team-mate David Love whose run was thwarted by the linesmans flag. A disappointed Love was slightly too fast away from his marker but the nippy young striker would get his chance later on.
On 26 minutes Hibernian turned their possession into goals with some great wide play. Winger-come-striker David Gold had been a constant thorn in the St Johnstone defence throughout the opening period, and he managed to send a delightful ball across goals for Aaron Chalmers who had little to do but tap the ball into an empty net.
The visitors never looked liked threatening Hibernian keeper Lewis Graham, but surprised everyone with a fantastic solo goal from Darren Kelly. With pace to burn the Saints striker should have never been allowed space to run onto a through ball and thread the ball past Graham, who was furious with his defenders.
HALF-TIME: HIBERNIAN U19 1 ST JOHNSTONE U19 1
Hibernian looked like they needed some serious motivation, and Stevenson's half-time talk done just the trick. It took them a while to get into their stride but on 70 minutes David Love won and converted a clear penalty, sending his team on course for a hard fought 3 points.
Minutes after Love's opener, the striker netted again, but this time he required a bit more effort to find the goals. Burly striker Keith Murray powered his way past his marker and into space on the right, before firing a teasing ball into the opponents box. Love pounced on the chance along with two St Johnstone defenders, who were soon kicking themselves when instead of simply attempting to tap the ball in, the impressive striker showed great technique to take a touch, leave his markers for dead and then poke the ball home.
3-1 down and ten minutes to go, it looked certain St Johnstone would be heading north with nothing to show but tired legs. But the visitors again took advantage of lapse of concentration in the Hibernian defence, when Steven May found himself with all the time in the world to chip the ball over Lewis Graham and into the net.
Game on, or so the visitors thought. but With minutes remaining substitutes Dean Horribine and Keith Murray combined perfectly to put the game beyond doubt. Horridine who had been on the park for a matter of minutes, powered away from 2 defenders before unselfishly slotting the ball through to team-mate Murray. The youngster now had only the keeper to beat and, in an opportunity a lot of players his age would have bottled, he calmly touched the ball past keeper Neil Duff and stroke the ball with ease into the gaping net.
After the game U-19's manager Alistair Stevenson told Hibernian TV: "I'm disappointed with how we reacted when we lost the ball and the manner in which we conceded the two goals today. On the plus side to score four goals is always good, and shows our attacking strength. But for next week I think its vital we need to improve defensively. We have never been a team that concedes silly goals., and I was disappointed with that."
"I don't shout a lot, but I know when they need it and they needed it today. I think it had the desired result and they responded to it with improved endeavour in the second half. It means that after the game I can go into the changing room and congratulate them on the victory."
Hibernian: Graham, Taggart, Booth, Chalmers, Beveridge, Smith, Crawford, Welch, Love, Bell, Gold. Subs: Grant, Murray, Horribine, Doris, Wright, Horner
St Johnstone: Duff, Hemsley, Sullivan, Shields, Alexander, Durnan, Kelly, O'Hear, Caddis, May, McIntosh. Subs: Moffat, Steves, Fisher.

hibs0666
26-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Anyone know the other U19 scores from this weekend?

oconnors_strip
26-09-2009, 11:05 PM
It took a half-time lecture from coach Alistair Stevenson to get the Hibernian U-19 started against St Johnstone today - but the youngsters reacted in a positive manner to run out 4-2 winners over the Perth side at the Hibernian Training Centre.
The home side started with much urgency and their dogged pressing game paid off on 26 minutes when rampaging centre-half Aaron Chalmers put Hibernian one-up. But the U-19 league holders began to struggle with the frantic pace of the game, and St Johnstone fought there way back thanks to a goal from striker Darren Kelly.
Stevenson gathered his troops at half-time and let them know in no uncertain terms where they were going wrong, and his anger had the desired effect. Hibernian came out for battle with a renewed determination to use their possession more wisely and the youngsters found themselves two goals to the good after 70 minutes. The visitors managed to pull one back late on, but super-sub Keith Murray sealed the point soon after with a great slotted finish.
After last week's disappointing 5-0 defeat away to Hamilton, Hibernian came out determined to assert their authority on the game in hand, and immediately looked eager to avenge the previous week's defeat. On 12 minutes a great through-ball by David Crawford found the feet of team-mate David Love whose run was thwarted by the linesmans flag. A disappointed Love was slightly too fast away from his marker but the nippy young striker would get his chance later on.
On 26 minutes Hibernian turned their possession into goals with some great wide play. Winger-come-striker David Gold had been a constant thorn in the St Johnstone defence throughout the opening period, and he managed to send a delightful ball across goals for Aaron Chalmers who had little to do but tap the ball into an empty net.
The visitors never looked liked threatening Hibernian keeper Lewis Graham, but surprised everyone with a fantastic solo goal from Darren Kelly. With pace to burn the Saints striker should have never been allowed space to run onto a through ball and thread the ball past Graham, who was furious with his defenders.
HALF-TIME: HIBERNIAN U19 1 ST JOHNSTONE U19 1
Hibernian looked like they needed some serious motivation, and Stevenson's half-time talk done just the trick. It took them a while to get into their stride but on 70 minutes David Love won and converted a clear penalty, sending his team on course for a hard fought 3 points.
Minutes after Love's opener, the striker netted again, but this time he required a bit more effort to find the goals. Burly striker Keith Murray powered his way past his marker and into space on the right, before firing a teasing ball into the opponents box. Love pounced on the chance along with two St Johnstone defenders, who were soon kicking themselves when instead of simply attempting to tap the ball in, the impressive striker showed great technique to take a touch, leave his markers for dead and then poke the ball home.
3-1 down and ten minutes to go, it looked certain St Johnstone would be heading north with nothing to show but tired legs. But the visitors again took advantage of lapse of concentration in the Hibernian defence, when Steven May found himself with all the time in the world to chip the ball over Lewis Graham and into the net.
Game on, or so the visitors thought. but With minutes remaining substitutes Dean Horribine and Keith Murray combined perfectly to put the game beyond doubt. Horridine who had been on the park for a matter of minutes, powered away from 2 defenders before unselfishly slotting the ball through to team-mate Murray. The youngster now had only the keeper to beat and, in an opportunity a lot of players his age would have bottled, he calmly touched the ball past keeper Neil Duff and stroke the ball with ease into the gaping net.
After the game U-19's manager Alistair Stevenson told Hibernian TV: "I'm disappointed with how we reacted when we lost the ball and the manner in which we conceded the two goals today. On the plus side to score four goals is always good, and shows our attacking strength. But for next week I think its vital we need to improve defensively. We have never been a team that concedes silly goals., and I was disappointed with that."
"I don't shout a lot, but I know when they need it and they needed it today. I think it had the desired result and they responded to it with improved endeavour in the second half. It means that after the game I can go into the changing room and congratulate them on the victory."
Hibernian: Graham, Taggart, Booth, Chalmers, Beveridge, Smith, Crawford, Welch, Love, Bell, Gold. Subs: Grant, Murray, Horribine, Doris, Wright, Horner
St Johnstone: Duff, Hemsley, Sullivan, Shields, Alexander, Durnan, Kelly, O'Hear, Caddis, May, McIntosh. Subs: Moffat, Steves, Fisher.

have you actually read the match report before you copied and pasted from the official website? doesnt make any sense at all, paragraphs are mixed up and the 1st scorer was david love.

hope the report is edited and soon!!!:bitchy:

Anyone know the other U19 scores from this weekend?

aberdeen 0 st mirren 3
hmailton 1 falkirk 1
utd 6 well 3

celtic v hearts and rangers v killie i dont know yet.

matty_f
26-09-2009, 11:52 PM
have you actually read the match report before you copied and pasted from the official website? doesnt make any sense at all, paragraphs are mixed up and the 1st scorer was david love.

hope the report is edited and soon!!!:bitchy:

aberdeen 0 st mirren 3
hmailton 1 falkirk 1
utd 6 well 3

Bit harsh, Nikki, no?

I would think that if folk dissected your reports they could find flaws in them (as they could with a lot of folks, my own included).

I think it's a wee bit out of order slating the report on here, IMHO.

oconnors_strip
27-09-2009, 12:09 AM
Bit harsh, Nikki, no?

I would think that if folk dissected your reports they could find flaws in them (as they could with a lot of folks, my own included).

I think it's a wee bit out of order slating the report on here, IMHO.

not harsh imo matty. im not slagging the content and what he has written, its the mixed up paragraphs that im meaning. the 3rd paragraphs jumps to second half then it goes back to 26th minute in next paragraph. very very confusing to read.

yes there is flaws in my reports and i admit that, but when its as confusing as it is on the official site it makes for bad reading.

sunshine1875
27-09-2009, 07:24 PM
aberdeen 0 st mirren 3
hmailton 1 falkirk 1
utd 6 well 3

Can't be right..........see who is at the bottom of the league. Were they not supposed to be dominating the league this season now that our older players had moved up a level.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s60

fife hfc
27-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Can't be right..........see who is at the bottom of the league. Were they not supposed to be dominating the league this season now that our older players had moved up a level.

Thats because their under 19s are now in the first team squad and have been replaced by their under 10s team, who will dominate the league for the next nine years:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
28-09-2009, 04:38 PM
despite that tanking off Hamilton...

:greengrin

EskbankHibby
28-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Good to see the Hibs youngsters having a decent start to the season.

State of the art training facilities at Riccarton and worldwide scouting network seem to be paying off for the jambos..........

PaulSmith
28-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Is there any truth in this?

http://www.easterroad.com/hearts-wind-up-youth-training/

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2009, 05:09 PM

I hope so. I believe we've already signed the laddie Love that scored at the weekend from them.

graemegyle
29-09-2009, 04:31 AM
I hope so. I believe we've already signed the laddie Love that scored at the weekend from them.

We signed Love from Dunfermline.

oconnors_strip
29-09-2009, 09:33 AM

danderhall hibs is right, lovey was freed by hearts in the summer and we took him on trial during pre season, he impressed and was offered a contract.

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2009, 09:48 AM
danderhall hibs is right,

You should've added always. :wink:

Who and when are the 19s playing this week?

oconnors_strip
29-09-2009, 09:50 AM
You should've added always. :wink:

Who and when are the 19s playing this week?

motherwell away and ive not been in touch with anyone to confirm when and where. will post as soon as i do, or matty fairnie might find out sooner.

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2009, 10:02 AM
motherwell away and ive not been in touch with anyone to confirm when and where. will post as soon as i do, or matty fairnie might find out sooner.

Nah he doesn't know either. Cheers though.

Andy74
29-09-2009, 10:08 AM
despite that tanking off Hamilton...

:greengrin

Hearts proving again why they can claim to be the best in the country for youths.

matty_f
29-09-2009, 10:09 AM
The official site, and the SPL site still have it down as 12pm on Saturday, though the fixtures often change at short notice.

Going to have to be a quick drive back from Shotts or Bathgate (not sure which venue is being used, the SPL site lists both as the home venue for 'Well) to get to ER for kick off!:bitchy:

Mikey
29-09-2009, 10:19 AM

Despite the Hibs U19's winning every competition they entered last season there were still plenty of yams insisting that they have the best youth set up in the country. FACT :wink:

Bottom of the league with 2 points from a possible 12 suggests otherwise.

Still, I'm sure the bit about Hibs training in a barn just outside Newcastle, that's owned by anyone other than Hibs, is perfectly true. FACT :greengrin

Interesting stuff. They have enough trouble attracting the genuinely talented youngsters as the success that Hibs are having with Kids is allowing us to hoover up the really good ones. Parents know where their kids are better off. Time to get the fishing rod out and see what's going on..........

matty_f
29-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Game's 1pm on Friday, at Bathgate.

oconnors_strip
29-09-2009, 03:58 PM
The ground is called creamery park and here is a map and directions

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=creamery%20park%20bathgate&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B2RNFA_enGB261&um=1&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il&start=0

From east (A89): Follow A89 into Bathgate.
The road bypasses the town centre slightly. After passing
the railway station and the road to Whitburn, follow A89
(Glasgow Road) for another 700 yards. Hardhill Road on the
left should be taken. A small lane on the left of the road
after around 50 yards leads to Creamery Park

Love the Green
29-09-2009, 04:18 PM

We signed him from the dogs not the pars mate at work knows hid dad was there for about 4 years..........the boy saw the light.

"keep the faith":wink:

hibs0666
29-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Looks like the kickback crazies have stopped discussing their U19 superstars. Wonder why.

Mikey
29-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Looks like the kickback crazies have stopped discussing their U19 superstars. Wonder why.

There's actually a thread on there about them today. None of them mention the U19's league table though :greengrin

They're looking forward to the quality they'll have in their team in 2 years time. I'm sure they were saying that 2 years ago though :wink:

I'm looking forward to their bottom of the table kids progressing to the first team too. Sooner the better!

PaulSmith
29-09-2009, 06:02 PM
There's actually a thread on there about them today. None of them mention the U19's league table though :greengrin

They're looking forward to the quality they'll have in their team in 2 years time. I'm sure they were saying that 2 years ago though :wink:

I'm looking forward to their bottom of the table kids progressing to the first team too. Sooner the better!

Rapnik, Kostadinov and Copil ring any bells with that lot. All now departed back home with a fair wedge in their tail and made as much impact as the changing room cleaner Wagner.

Coaches are leaving Hearts to go to Hibs, players are leaving Hearts at all levels to go to Hibs, they've cut back on their youth development which is now basically 1 night a week up at Riccarton until half 7 when they have to hand over the facilities to various amateur, over 40 5-a-side players and the guys from the Uni that just fancy a kick about.

hibee lee
29-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I belive Love still had a year of his contract left to but got a chance of a trial and jumped at it

Jonnyboy
29-09-2009, 10:18 PM
I belive Love still had a year of his contract left to but got a chance of a trial and jumped at it

Cheers for that Mr Wallace :wink::greengrin

Ravelston Hibby
02-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Any news from the game at Bathgate today against Motherwell?

States it is a 13:00 kick off on the main site. Is the game actually on, or, been postponed?

(Sorry if posted elsewhere.)

Jonnyboy
02-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Any news from the game at Bathgate today against Motherwell?

States it is a 13:00 kick off on the main site. Is the game actually on, or, been postponed?

(Sorry if posted elsewhere.)

See the other thread R. :agree:

1-0 'Well at half time

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=162900