PDA

View Full Version : Boozy signs for Hamilton Accies

GC
28-09-2009, 07:14 AM
6 month deal.

Beefster
28-09-2009, 07:26 AM
It was predicted on here a month or so ago that Celtic would let him down and he'd end up signing for a lower-SPL club. Nae luck.

IWasThere2016
28-09-2009, 07:28 AM
It was predicted on here a month or so ago that Celtic would let him down and he'd end up signing for a lower-SPL club. Nae luck.

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2009, 07:35 AM

:agree: It was indeed. Can you remember who by?

VegasHibby
28-09-2009, 07:40 AM
6 month deal.

Ya beat me by 6 mins :greengrin

I feel bad for boozy in a way. England kicked him out,Mowbray kicked him out,it's obvious Yogi kicked him out and here he is at Hamilton. Great signing for them. And to be honest the world is a better place watching Boozy play. How things have changed though,not good enough for Hibs now :agree:

Hibs to finish 2nd :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2009, 07:41 AM
So much for those that said we couldn't afford him!

GC
28-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Ya beat me by 6 mins :greengrin

I feel bad for boozy in a way. England kicked him out,Mowbray kicked him out,it's obvious Yogi kicked him out and here he is at Hamilton. Great signing for them. And to be honest the world is a better place watching Boozy play. How things have changed though,not good enough for Hibs now :agree:

Hibs to finish 2nd :agree:

If yer no fast yer last:greengrin

I agree though, good signing for Hamilton but not needed in our midfield.

oconnors_strip
28-09-2009, 07:51 AM

boozy knew celtic wouldnt offer him any sort of deal. he was only training with them to keep his fitness up, mowbray offered him the training facilities.

i think he has signed for a scottish club cause his new wife and family have settled back in edinburgh for the time being.

good luck to him!

GC
28-09-2009, 07:54 AM
boozy knew celtic wouldnt offer him any sort of deal. he was only training with them to keep his fitness up, mowbray offered him the training facilities.

i think he has signed for a scottish club cause his new wife and family have settled back in edinburgh for the time being.

good luck to him!

Not sure about that, I reckon he was holding fire at Celtic in the hope of getting offered some sort of short term deal, it's a hell of a long time to train with a club when you have no chance on getting signed.

Second point is bang on though, think he and his family are settle in Edinburgh and Hamilton will offer a decent chance to either build his name up again and get a move to a bigger club in Scoland(to be honest I don't think he will get a higher placed club) or finish his career at a decent enough level with Accies.

bawheid
28-09-2009, 07:56 AM

It may or may not have been me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-09-2009, 08:08 AM
I don't know if we ever offered him a deal or what the story was, but if him stalling was the reason that we signed Liam Miller, then he could have done us a huge, huge favour.

bigwheel
28-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Good acquisition for them...good luck to Boozy!

hibbie02
28-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Funny sort of deal to sign in late September. Rules him out the transfer window and leaves him out of contract at the end of March next year. :confused:

Beefster
28-09-2009, 08:40 AM

I predicted it by PM in 2006.

greenlex
28-09-2009, 10:09 AM

**COUGH**
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2145959#post2145959

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Has he signed yet, SSN saying he's gone there on trial?

Andy74
28-09-2009, 10:17 AM
a player that played 30 odd games in the Championship last year and has a bit of class about him he'd be a good signing for Hamilton. I still think he'd be a good squad player here.

Good luck to him if this goes through. If he helps them edge Hearts in the relegation fight then even better.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2009, 10:32 AM
a player that played 30 odd games in the Championship last year and has a bit of class about him he'd be a good signing for Hamilton. I still think he'd be a good squad player here.

Good luck to him if this goes through. If he helps them edge Hearts in the relegation fight then even better.

I have always thought he was a fantastic player on his day, and agree he would have been a decent addition to the squad. I'm surprised yogi did not take him for the 6 months like hamilton have. He wont be on much over there, and would be a decent replacement if McBride gets injured or suspended.

greenlex
28-09-2009, 10:37 AM
I have always thought he was a fantastic player on his day, and agree he would have been a decent addition to the squad. I'm surprised yogi did not take him for the 6 months like hamilton have. He wont be on much over there, and would be a decent replacement if McBride gets injured or suspended.

Cregg would step up to the plate G.

Littlest Hobo
28-09-2009, 10:42 AM
I can remember his form just before he moved down south. In all honesty, he was a waste of space. Couldn't pass water, jumped over tackles so not to get injured. Never had a shot at goal. A good nick name for him would have been "THE CRAB" as he only ever went sideways. He was our version of Barry Ferguson minus the passion.

He was a far removed player in the end to what he once was when he first arrived at ER. He was indeed a touch of class but then he got injured and after that he never really showed any real desire in a Hibs jersey in my opinion. Good luck to him! I'm so glad he didn't come back to us though.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Cregg would step up to the plate G.

I dont see Cregg taking the ball from the defenders and dictating play.

Andy74
28-09-2009, 10:47 AM

Me neither, that's why a good quality footballer as back up would have been excellent. Miller could do it but is maybe wasted that far back and we have no-one else of that style of player.

Delboy*
28-09-2009, 10:47 AM

Just wot i was gonna say as i read thru this.
Boozy was class and really would have strengthened the squad tho i suppose there are just too many midfielders. I just so hope we could get in another big centre back.

jgl07
28-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Funny sort of deal to sign in late September. Rules him out the transfer window and leaves him out of contract at the end of March next year. :confused:
More likely a five month deal till the transfer window closes?

greenlex
28-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Strange how different people see different things in players. I think Cregg is too similar to McBride and was puzzled that Yogi signed the two of them. One thing is for sure when they both play in our midfield it is to the detriment of the team.

Delboy*
28-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Strange how different people see different things in players. I think Cregg is too similar to McBride and was puzzled that Yogi signed the two of them. One thing is for sure when they both play in our midfield it is to the detriment of the team.

Na man, Mcbride sits deep n takes in passes trying to open space.
Cregg wants to attack n bombs forward. just the way i see it!

Two good signings tho!

Thecat23
28-09-2009, 11:00 AM

I don't understand as he was never in Celtic's plans to start with. He wanted to stay fit and knows Mowbray so he done him a favour and let him train. Mowbray also said he would not been signing boozy! So i don't think he let him down.

HibbyAndy
28-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Good luck Boozy, will always be remembered for the 1st goal in the Hearts ' we are unbeatable' game.

GC
28-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Good luck Boozy, will always be remembered for the 1st goal in the Hearts ' we are unbeatable' game.

:agree:

Will be afforded a very warm welcome on his return to ER I would imagine.

Andy74
28-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't understand as he was never in Celtic's plans to start with. He wanted to stay fit and knows Mowbray so he done him a favour and let him train. Mowbray also said he would not been signing boozy! So i don't think he let him down.

Strange isn't it, the actual truth of the matter was stated publically from the off, that he was only training with them and that they wouldn't be signing him.

Hibs net then twists it as they suspect something else is afoot and that they might sign him.

Then Hibs net cleverly predict that actually they have no intention of signing him and claim an exclusive over it.

Right, so it was just as Celtic said from the start quite publically then?

Only on here!

ahibby
28-09-2009, 11:47 AM
He will be good for Accies but I'd rather have Miller if it came to a choice. I think if we had taken Boozy he'd only be to happy to pick up the wages while not playing and that isn't always a bad thing considering injuries that can occur in training with players fighting for places.:devil:

Beefster
28-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Strange isn't it, the actual truth of the matter was stated publically from the off, that he was only training with them and that they wouldn't be signing him.

Hibs net then twists it as they suspect something else is afoot and that they might sign him.

Then Hibs net cleverly predict that actually they have no intention of signing him and claim an exclusive over it.

Right, so it was just as Celtic said from the start quite publically then?

Only on here!

A couple of folk who claimed to be friendly / in contact with the player in question said on here a few times that he 'was hoping to get a contract from Celtic'.

Unless you know differently?

Franck is God
28-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm sure he was hoping for a contract just was never likely thats all.

When we signed Miller it happened very suddenly but then it came out that we had been trying to get him for a while. I wonder if Boozy was the back up plan?

He wanted Arfield (playmaker), Miller (playmaker) and maybe Boozy was on that list too.

Liked Boozy at Hibs and wish him all the best at Hamilton however and poor performance against us would be nice....

Allant1981
28-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Seems like hughes is trying to get a bit of youth into the side which is maybe why Boozy wasnt given a trial/contract. IMO would have been a decent squad player but good luck to him anyway

FRes Hibbie
28-09-2009, 02:35 PM
A couple of folk who claimed to be friendly / in contact with the player in question said on here a few times that he 'was hoping to get a contract from Celtic'.

Unless you know differently?

HE was hoping for a contract I'm sure but if Celtic were open (and they were) with the fact that he was just training with them then I can't see how they've "let him down" if anything they've done him a favour letting him use their facilities at (im assuming) no cost.

Broken Gnome
28-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Not perhaps an excuse as such, but remember the side he joined and the side he left were vastly different things. The first half of 2005/06 season (before the injury) and the cup winning team (when he played Celtic off the park in the 2-2 game) he just fitted perfectly into what was around him. I bet Brown, Whittaker, Murphy, Riordan, Sproule and Thomson loved being in the same team as him. By his last game they'd all gone, with a hugely inferior set of players as replacement and a horrible style of football. Yes he wasn't exactly at his best by the time he left for Coventry, but Hibs wasn't exactly a happy place to be at the time.

Caroline Hibby
28-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Boozy training with Hamilton Acc's according to SKY Sports

Littlest Hobo
28-09-2009, 06:20 PM
yes we know. There is a whole thread already on this very subject.:wink: Someone should mibee move this naw?:wink:

Hiber-nation
28-09-2009, 06:20 PM

More here....

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=162506

EasterRoad4Ever
28-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Just signed for them until January :confused:

camhibby1
28-09-2009, 07:27 PM
If Boozy settles in and produces some good performances for Hamilton - watch Craig Levein - always been a fan of Boozy.

rossi
28-09-2009, 08:46 PM
He was never the same after Naismith did him. it was a terrible challenge; right in front off me - one leg above the knee, one below it.

jacomo
28-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Seems like hughes is trying to get a bit of youth into the side which is maybe why Boozy wasnt given a trial/contract. IMO would have been a decent squad player but good luck to him anyway

How old is Miller? 28? He's hardly a young player, whatever his age.

Anyhow, Hughes has made his choice and I'm happy enough. For all I know, Miller showed more enthusiasm for a new challenge at Hibs than Boozy did, or our manager never fancied Boozy at all.

Shaggy
29-09-2009, 06:53 AM
I think everyone has still got fond green tinted glasses on,
he was brilliant on a good day, dire the following week.
One on our most inconsistant players in recent years.
I liked him,but to much of a risk to have taken back at this stage of our development.
Good luck at Hamilton Boozy, time to rise again,(and I dont mean his hormones)

Allant1981
29-09-2009, 10:41 AM
How old is Miller? 28? He's hardly a young player, whatever his age.

Anyhow, Hughes has made his choice and I'm happy enough. For all I know, Miller showed more enthusiasm for a new challenge at Hibs than Boozy did, or our manager never fancied Boozy at all.

Young compared to 30:wink: ,plus he has brought in more than miller to the midfield, galbraith etc are much younger

basehibby
29-09-2009, 12:06 PM
I think it shows how much clubs all over the UK are feeling the pinch if Boozy was struggling to find gainful employment.
Good luck to him with Hamilton (apart from against us obviously) :thumbsup:

Speedway
29-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Does this mean that if we sign him from the Accies next year he'll be 'not Hibs Class' given that he'll have signed from a smaller club?

Gerard
29-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Just signed for them until January :confused:

We have sufficient players in his position. However,..... a good CH and another GK:wink:
G

500miles
29-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Let's Yogi assess him at SPL level.....:wink:

EskbankHibby
30-09-2009, 01:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hamilton_academical/8278179.stm