PDA

View Full Version : New stand and forthcoming matches

Bob Box Fish
27-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Has there been any news on the new stand being built?

When and if it does get built I believe the capacity will be approximately 21k with 3800 - 3900 seats for away fans leaving around 17k + for hibbies.

Given we are third and due to play fourth next weekend (IMO our toughest opponents for third place) what sort of home crowd do we anticipate? My guess is around 13k HIBS fans and 800 utd?

Games like this we should really be selling out the Hibs end and filling a good part of the away end minimum. Same goes for the Aberdeen game in a dew weeks.

What would it take in your opponion to get say 17k hibbies at Utd / Aberdeen matched at ER in the future?

Mikey
27-09-2009, 10:09 AM
What would it take in your opponion to get say 17k hibbies at Utd / Aberdeen matched at ER in the future?

Consistency.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Consistency.

:agree:

RoYO!
27-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Has there been any news on the new stand being built?

When and if it does get built I believe the capacity will be approximately 21k with 3800 - 3900 seats for away fans leaving around 17k + for hibbies.

Given we are third and due to play fourth next weekend (IMO our toughest opponents for third place) what sort of home crowd do we anticipate? My guess is around 13k HIBS fans and 800 utd?

Games like this we should really be selling out the Hibs end and filling a good part of the away end minimum. Same goes for the Aberdeen game in a dew weeks.

plus i prefer 'joint second' :wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Lower prices would help. No point having thousands of empty seats, and more people in the stadium also means more pizzas sold.

Big Frank
27-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Consistency.

Spot on.

andyhibsboy
27-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Lower prices would help. No point having thousands of empty seats, and more people in the stadium also means more pizzas sold.

exactly - if it was cheaper i would go along. plus i do love a pizza

I'm_cabbaged
27-09-2009, 02:43 PM

The theory's good but given the fact that it's an outside catering company that does the pizzas it wouldn't benifit the club. :wink:

Sir David Gray
27-09-2009, 02:44 PM
It will take a while to get the 'extra' fans back who were attracted to ER under Mowbray. Last season's horror show did a lot of damage to the attendance figures and those who have drifted away over the past couple of years will take some persuading to return.

There was a massive crowd at Hamilton two weeks ago and that was a huge opportunity to impress people and get them and their family and friends to come on a more regular basis. Unfortunately the players let them down big time in that match and any of the "floaters" in the Hibs crowd that day won't be coming back any time soon, at least not until they hear that the football is consistently of a high standard.

In short, I think it will take a few months' worth of hard work, good performances and good results before we see crowds of about 14-15,000 at ER again.

If we're still third by the end of the year or, dare I say it, still within touching distance of the Old Firm, we should be able to shift a lot of half season tickets and maybe from January, we might see crowds of that number again.

danhibees1875
27-09-2009, 02:50 PM
The theory's good but given the fact that it's an outside catering company that does the pizzas it wouldn't benifit the club. :wink:

If we were selling more pizzas we could command a bigger fee for letting them sell their food in ER. :agree:

I'm_cabbaged
27-09-2009, 03:01 PM
If we were selling more pizzas we could command a bigger fee for letting them sell their food in ER. :agree:

If only it was that simple, oh to be young again. :greengrin

Hibee-Rocker
27-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Cheaper Tickets and a better standard of Football....

This is my second season without my Season book, and it boils down to nothing other than money....

Simply cant justify spending 1500 + by the time you add travel, food, few pints etc, Just cant justify spending that sort of cash on second rate Football!

NAE NOOKIE
27-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Consistent good results and good football are a major factor, Look at the Mowbray era.

However I always think we miss a trick by not trying to attract tourists and Edinburgh residents who's culture doesn't automatically attract them to ER.

What about a poster at Edinburgh airport and leaflets in hotel rooms, stuff like that. Make it clear that you have to show your passport at the ticket office to get round the database problem and bobs yer uncle.

This is a bit dicy this one, but a few years ago the Scottish government ran a poster campaign that had a Pakistani a black guy and a Chinese guy on it. The blurb read along the lines of ..... " what do you see ? ....... a Paki ?, a Darkie ?, a Chink ?. No, just a Scot. One Scotland, no place for racism.

We could do the same thing along those lines, but instead it could read, No, just a Hibby ...... Hibernian Football club, no place for racism, just football fans ... everybody welcome.

Anyway ... Just a thought.

danhibees1875
27-09-2009, 03:28 PM
If only it was that simple, oh to be young again. :greengrin

Well not during our current contract with the caterers, but when that runs out there is going to be room for negotiation(if sales are up).

We could also be on a commission based thing.

Or we could look into having out own catering team. :dunno:

Gatecrasher
27-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Cheaper Tickets and a better standard of Football....

This is my second season without my Season book, and it boils down to nothing other than money....

Simply cant justify spending 1500 + by the time you add travel, food, few pints etc, Just cant justify spending that sort of cash on second rate Football!Season ticket prices cheaper than last season, and 2nd in the league, I could justify it so far:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-09-2009, 04:15 PM

fair point.

When does their contract run out?