PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama (merged)

EasterRoad4Ever
26-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Zouma was simply immense today and put on a show as good as anything I can remember fromLlatapy in a Hibs strip - so that's saying something. Tha fact that Miller or Murray didn;t get MOTM shows just how well the wee man played.

Great to have him back, and even better than he was when he went away :thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
26-09-2009, 05:16 PM
What do you think he said to the over-officious ref when he was about to be booked for celebrating his goal ? Rarely seen a ref put a card back in his pocket without flashing.

macca70
26-09-2009, 05:18 PM
He was probably just recording the goal and wasn't going to book him

heretoday
26-09-2009, 05:26 PM
He said:"I think you're a wonderful ref who doesn't need to wave cards about to keep control of the players."

God Petrie
26-09-2009, 05:35 PM
What an absolute hero.

The most gifted player at Hibs since Latapy. A true entertainer with some great banter about him. He's the type of player that demonstrates the difference between Hibs and Hearts. Those boring mugs would never have a player like him.

You can tell he really enjoys playing football and it's great to see.

Him and Miller need to start every week.

gstarbry1875
26-09-2009, 05:38 PM
That has to be one of Zouma's best performances in a Hibs shirt, if not THE best performance he has had!

Was different class today! if Galbraith's shot had went in right at the end after Zouma's trickery and pass to him that would have been one of the goals of the season!!

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2009, 06:34 PM
What an absolute hero.

The most gifted player at Hibs since Latapy. A true entertainer with some great banter about him. He's the type of player that demonstrates the difference between Hibs and Hearts. Those boring mugs would never have a player like him.

Did well to talk the ref out of booking him for his goal celebration. Fantastic entertainment from the wee man.

Gala Foxes
26-09-2009, 06:38 PM
OUTSTANDING display from the wee man - worth the trip through on his own

col02
26-09-2009, 06:40 PM
One of the best players on his day in the SPL to my mind if not the best!

RoYO!
26-09-2009, 07:17 PM
and i know this has been said before, but it was hughes that got a lot out of latapy, even when the guy was written off/ getting on a bit.

Hibrandenburg
26-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Yogi also the best out of Latapy in his twilight years :thumbsup:

1875 NO 1
26-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Zouma was simply immense today and put on a show as good as anything I can remember fromLlatapy in a Hibs strip - so that's saying something. Tha fact that Miller or Murray didn;t get MOTM shows just how well the wee man played.

Great to have him back, and even better than he was when he went away :thumbsup:
a great game but still to add a bit more to his game to be as good as Latapy. A free role behind the front two I think would be his best position

Jim44
26-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Yogi also the best out of Latapy in his twilight years :thumbsup:

Some might say that Latapy got the best out of Hughes in his early years of management. :dunno:

davym7062
26-09-2009, 08:05 PM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=377&fid=184&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124439281

love the last 1. dont think he would improve our team:faf:

HibbyAndy
26-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Zouma would walk into any team in the SPL.

Murderwell fans not happy that wee burst there wee unbeaten bubble.

NOT one player from them would get a game for Hibs.

IMO ofcourse.

Sean1875
26-09-2009, 08:10 PM
jealousy.

DaveF
26-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Zouma would walk into any team in the SPL.

Murderwell fans not happy that wee burst there wee unbeaten bubble.

NOT one player from them would get a game for Hibs.

IMO ofcourse.

Disagree Andy - I thought their right back had a decent game and had good touch, strength and speed :agree:

re the 'well forum, I think the poster 'tweed' has it spot on. Fans need to get a life and accept that players will give a bit of stick back. I include us in that as well.

Zemmama dished a bit out today after taking some stick, but we'll be on the end of it at some point this season and I hope we don't start moaning about it like greetin' faced bairns.

HibbyAndy
26-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Disagree Andy - I thought their right back had a decent game and had good touch, strength and speed :agree:

re the 'well forum, I think the poster 'tweed' has it spot on. Fans need to get a life and accept that players will give a bit of stick back. I include us in that as well.

Zemmama dished a bit out today after taking some stick, but we'll be on the end of it at some point this season and I hope we don't start moaning about it like greetin' faced bairns.

Fair doos Spam.

IMO ofcourse.

Bob1875
26-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Would anyone agree that the wee man Is the most skillful player we have seen at Easter Road ever? I remember latapy but IMO he comes no where close to zomuer when it comes to skill.

el capitano
26-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Would anyone agree that the wee man Is the most skillful player we have seen at Easter Road ever? I remember latapy but IMO he comes no where close to zomuer when it comes to skill.
latapy had a consistent final ball and won games for us on his own, i remember a cup game in a very foggy stirling.
the wee man is great at what he does and im glad we have him but when the roseburn bar is shakin with his song then il agree he is on the same level as latapy
he has the years ahead of him to get there tho and ihope he does

judas
26-09-2009, 09:00 PM

I was not there today.

But c'mon eh! You are clearly euphoric and exxagerating (as one does after a great result).

Zouma has the potential, but Latapy was/is untouchable.

poolman
26-09-2009, 09:01 PM
What an absolute hero.

Not quite sure about that :hmmm:

Whit aboot Pittenweem :greengrin

Jonnyboy
26-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I was not there today.

But c'mon eh! You are clearly euphoric and exxagerating (as one does after a great result).

Zouma has the potential, but Latapy was/is untouchable.

No exageration judas as the wee man was absolutely outstanding today and very reminiscent of Latapy at his best :agree:

judas
26-09-2009, 09:04 PM

No I would not.

Stop getting carried away. It's ****uing irritating the hell out of me.

Jonnyboy
26-09-2009, 09:06 PM

Bob, you're 22 and so he might well be the best you've ever seen at ER :wink:

judas
26-09-2009, 09:07 PM
No exageration judas as the wee man was absolutely outstanding today and very reminiscent of Latapy at his best :agree:

OK OK. That's good to hear. I could see him being reminiscent of the magician, but I am not ready to hear about him being as good. Not yet anyway.

Jonnyboy
26-09-2009, 09:09 PM
OK OK. That's good to hear. I could see him being reminiscent of the magician, but I am not ready to hear about him being as good. Not yet anyway.

Nor I buddy, nor I ...... not yet anyway :greengrin

I wish you'd seen him today though. It was a masterclass and the 'Well defenders just couldn't cope with him at all :agree:

brownlies bits
26-09-2009, 09:38 PM
The wee man was buzzin today, think now that ramadan is over we are gonna see somethin special this season from zooma. Readin some of his comments in the press last week and think he really wants to pay the club back for all the help he has received over the last year and a bit. He is settled has his family beside him now and just looks so happy on the park. Things are gonna just get better and better. Just hope he gets a wee bit protection from refs this season because we will meet teams that will try and kick him up and down the park i.e. Yams

Oooooooooooooh Zemamma :top marks

southfieldshibby
26-09-2009, 09:46 PM

If it all the same to you can you please get ready. My Hibees biological clock is ticking. :greengrin

Liberal Hibby
26-09-2009, 09:49 PM
One wonders if it hadn't been for ridiculous pettyfogging bureaucracy from the Home Office that stopped Zemmama playing last year whether Mixu would still be manager?

He (Zemmama) makes the midfield play because people want him to have the ball - which was our problem last year (and seemingly against Hamilton and St Johnstone).

matty_f
26-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Just watched the highlights and I can see why everyone is buzzing about Zemmama - he looked different class.:top marks

Steve20
26-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Quite simply superb. The best individual performance I have seen in a Hibs strip for as long as I can remember.

OOOOOOOH ZEMMAMA

Sir David Gray
26-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Just watched the highlights and I can see why everyone is buzzing about Zemmama - he looked different class.:top marks

Quite simply superb. The best individual performance I have seen in a Hibs strip for as long as I can remember.

OOOOOOOH ZEMMAMA

He WAS excellent but Liam Miller was just as impressive today, in fact I would say that he just shaded it.

The two of them were outstanding and head and shoulders above everyone else.

Steve20
26-09-2009, 10:18 PM
He WAS excellent but Liam Miller was just as impressive today, in fact I would say that he just shaded it.

The two of them were outstanding and head and shoulders above everyone else.

I agree that Liam Miller was outstanding. He would have got MOTM any other game playing like that. Zemmama still MOTM for me, though.

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Thats probably his best game for us, if he can keep that up, he will win us a lot of games this season. Along with Miller it was a joy to see a midfield play with such flair again.

When they equalised, i thought here we go again, and we could have lost this game, but we have fire power up top that no other team has in this league apart from the old firm. And if we give them chances, they will score.

The next transfer windows will be exciting, if Yogi can get more of the same quality in, in the right positions, we can have a very good side by this time next year.

yogi984
26-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Reyonlds hammell and ruddy would walk in our side ar would the right back. Imo of course :)

God Petrie
26-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Just watched the highlights on the official website. Shame they didn't show him noising up the motherwell fans when they threw the lighter at him but the clip when he has about 5 players around him and he nutmegs a couple of them then takes the p!ss and plays it through to galbraith is incredible. Shame he didn't put that away.

He is the moroccan maradona

matty_f
26-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Thats probably his best game for us, if he can keep that up, he will win us a lot of games this season. Along with Miller it was a joy to see a midfield play with such flair again.

When they equalised, i thought here we go again, and we could have lost this game, but we have fire power up top that no other team has in this league apart from the old firm. And if we give them chances, they will score.

The next transfer windows will be exciting, if Yogi can get more of the same quality in, in the right positions, we can have a very good side by this time next year.

:agree:

I think the best of Stokes is still to come, as well.

We do have a lot of quality in the side, and like you say if we can find a way to strengthen another couple of positions with similar quality then we're in for a right good time.

I really hope that today doesn't become like last season's win at Fir Park, where it's held up as the time when it went right.

I want it to be the time when it first went right, where we really saw what the team was capable of and was going to go on and produce week in, week out.

Interestingly, Gannon watched our abysmal display against Hamilton and probably thought he had us sussed. Even in his pre-match interviews yesterday he was talking about how their priority was to stop us playing and getting the ball to Stokes and Riordan.

I think we handled that tactic well today, and much of that was down to Miller and Zemmama. Funnily enough, I had a look at the Steelmen Online forum, and they thought Hibs midfield bullied theirs!

Hiber-nation
26-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Reyonlds hammell and ruddy would walk in our side ar would the right back. Imo of course :)

Hammell instead of Murray - nae chance.

yogi984
26-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Hammell instead of Murray - nae chance.

At left back most definately. I would have miller and murray in the middle of the park.

degenerated
26-09-2009, 10:38 PM

if our keeper had let in a free kick at his near post from an angle as acute as that which zemmama scored from there would be a thread of about 10 pages about how he's the worst keeper in the world ever. FACT.

Dibben
26-09-2009, 10:40 PM
if our keeper had let in a free kick at his near post from an angle as acute as that which zemmama scored from there would be a thread of about 10 pages about how he's the worst keeper in the world ever. FACT.

CallumLaidlaw

Exactly. Look at Adebayor the other week. When you hear what the Arsenal fans were shouting at him, whats wrong with giving them a bit of a GIRUY? He didnt make any gestures, etc
It really is sad how to the letter and by the book the game is becoming. The emotion is being taken out of it.

Bob1875
No I would not.

Stop getting carried away. It's ****uing irritating the hell out of me.

Were u at the ****uing game today?

Im no saying hes Pele, im saying as for SKILL and beating a man he is the best Ive seen.

Part/Time Supporter
26-09-2009, 10:41 PM

Tighter angle than a certain free kick in a certain semi final.

:hide:

yogi984
26-09-2009, 10:43 PM

Couldnt care less how short sighted people react to be honest want whats best for our club. Seen that keeper about 3 times live and highlights and hes been commanding and fantastic. An off day doesnt change that. Much much better prospect than maka and you can see why everton rate him so highly.

patlowe
26-09-2009, 10:45 PM
To say that Zemmama is near Latapy's standard is crazy. I love Zemmama but Latapy produced on a regular basis and if you look back over the years, his end product was second to none. He controlled games in a way that Zemmama has yet to do. Having said that, Zemmama has yet to reach his peak and has every chance of being as influential in the future.

heretoday
26-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Can Hibs hold on to Zemmama?

yogi984
26-09-2009, 11:20 PM

Long term no, but he will be here till the summer, something I didnt expect to see when he left.

ArabHibee
26-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Zemmama love-ins. You just can't beat them.

sahib
26-09-2009, 11:36 PM
To say that Zemmama is near Latapy's standard is crazy. I love Zemmama but Latapy produced on a regular basis and if you look back over the years, his end product was second to none. He controlled games in a way that Zemmama has yet to do. Having said that, Zemmama has yet to reach his peak and has every chance of being as influential in the future.

Slight case of rose tinted specs. I remember games where Latapy was anonymous for us or at least failed to make a significant contribution. This imho is the same for many good players. Boozy is another example of this, players who because of their natural ability are never bad but have games where they are less effective. This could be down to opposition tactics or constipation for all I know.

Toaods
26-09-2009, 11:54 PM

Bob, you're 22 and so he might well be the best you've ever seen at ER :wink:

John...is that you assuming they aren't conjoined again.........:faf:

patlowe
26-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Slight case of rose tinted specs. I remember games where Latapy was anonymous for us or at least failed to make a significant contribuion. This imho is the same for many good players. Boozy is another example of this, players who because of their natural ability are never bad but have games where they are less effective. This could be down to opposition tactics or constipaitaion for all I know.

I don't think that's fair. Boozy was a wildly overrated player for hibs, good ability but limited effect, which has been found out since. I say that with full appreciation of his skill as a footballer (particularly in spreading play). Latapy had games where he was more effective than in others but you could always guarantee composed, intelligent play. I don't think Zemmama is anywhere near that level IMO. He's blatantly a skillful player who I'd have in my team every week but I'm yet to see performances such as the 6-2, 3-0 derbies (and plenty others) that Latapy produced.

Toaods
27-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Latapy had games where he was more effective than in others but you could always guarantee composed, intelligent play. I don't think Zemmama is anywhere near that level IMO. He's blatantly a skillful player who I'd have in my team every week but I'm yet to see performances such as the 6-2, 3-0 derbies (and plenty others) that Latapy produced.

I've yet to see Zemmama in as good a team as Latapy had around him at ER...:wink:

patlowe
27-09-2009, 12:22 AM
I've yet to see Zemmama in as good a team as Latapy had around him at ER...:wink:

Fair enough but Latapy shone in an average Falkirk side. Zemmama is clearly a highly talented player but I just want him to show it on a regular and effective basis!

Www1875hfc
27-09-2009, 12:38 AM
That has to be one of Zouma's best performances in a Hibs shirt, if not THE best performance he has had!

Was different class today! if Galbraith's shot had went in right at the end after Zouma's trickery and pass to him that would have been one of the goals of the season!!

The wee man was in a class of his own, in the second half he ran the show with his quick feet and showboating :greengrin. and as you said,if galbraiths shot went in at the death it would have been some goal.

:top marks for the wee man

heretoday
27-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Love Zemmama.

Ravelston Hibby
27-09-2009, 01:58 AM
For those that did not see Zemmama's performance today at first hand missed an absolutely first class perfomance!!!! End of! (to coin a phrase!) :thumbsup:

Sauzee7062
27-09-2009, 02:08 AM
For those that did not see Zemmama's performance today at first hand missed an absolutely first class perfomance!!!! End of! (to coin a phrase!) :thumbsup:

Agree 100%. If I wasn't at the game today I would have thought some of the comments were a bit far fetched but Zemmama was totally different class today.

tamig
27-09-2009, 07:24 AM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=377&fid=184&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124439281

love the last 1. dont think he would improve our team:faf:

Some laughable comments on there but nice to see some pretty unbiased, sensible views also.

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Zemmama's z'papa.

Bob1875
27-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Latapy had a more talented squad around him?? I don't think so, mixu, john o'neil etc. Plus latapy played alot of games for us in the 1st division.

HibeeJoxy
27-09-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm sure it's a debate that will go on and on "Latapy" or "Zemamma"? But does it really matter who is or will be the best player. :yawn:

For me it's enough that so many of you are even comparing Zemamma to one of the best players in the Green and White in recent years. :agree:

I wasn't at the game, listened on the radio and Neven was creaming his pants over the wee man (and Millar), so I'm egarly awaiting the highlights to see just how good a performance he and the team put in. It sounds like it'll be worth the wait. :greengrin

There is no denying the fact we have some top quality individual SPL players in the team. Yogi just needs to make them into a top quality team. First job sort out a formation (not 443 please), second job get them all fighting for the result for 90+ minutes of every game. Get this done by 7th November and we'll hump the yaks and continue life in 3rd if not 2nd in the table!!!

GGTTH

GreenCastle
27-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Zommer from the highlights looked very good today - must start every game - has the vision we so often lack.

ArabHibee
27-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm sure it's a debate that will go on and on "Latapy" or "Zemamma"? But does it really matter who is or will be the best player. :yawn:

For me it's enough that so many of you are even comparing Zemamma to one of the best players in the Green and White in recent years. :agree:

I wasn't at the game, listened on the radio and Neven was creaming his pants over the wee man (and Millar), so I'm egarly awaiting the highlights to see just how good a performance he and the team put in. It sounds like it'll be worth the wait. :greengrin

There is no denying the fact we have some top quality individual SPL players in the team. Yogi just needs to make them into a top quality team. First job sort out a formation (not 443 please), second job get them all fighting for the result for 90+ minutes of every game. Get this done by 7th November and we'll hump the yaks and continue life in 3rd if not 2nd in the table!!!

GGTTH

Not sure how you worked that out. Nevin and McLean's commentary was about as exciting as watching paint dry. Didn't even realise when Hibs scored their first goal, the commentary was so droll!! :yawn:

Cocaine&Caviar
27-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Get Zemmama and Murray on new deals right away...

Sir David Gray
27-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Get Zemmama and Murray on new deals right away...

Zemmama's contract runs out in 2011 and I really can't see him extending it to be honest. I read in the paper last week that he expects to leave next summer and he wants to give Hibs a massive transfer fee.

I agree about Murray, though. His contract is up in the summer and we really need to see about getting him on a longer deal.

Sammy7nil
27-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Zemamma is a GREAT player and real entertainer.

BUT

Wee Russell did over a number of years he was well in to his thirties at Hibs and was still MAGNIFICENT. In several games he was a standout playing in one of the most entertaing Hibs teams ever.

So Zouma is great but has a bit to go before being anywhere near as good as the wee fella from Trinadad.

Unfortunately I see a bid coming in from one of the uglies sooner rather than later and we will not get to see the best o him at ER

Viva_Palmeiras
27-09-2009, 09:37 PM

Donno You tell us Meg :wink:

Exiled Hibby
28-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Zemmama is brilliant. Latapy was brilliant. Dont care who is better- just delighted we have had Latapy and now have Zouma.

:greengrin:greengrin

hibhib7
28-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Both hugely entertaining players to watch but slightly different styles. Latapy had eyes in the back of his head and could see a pass facing his own goal. Zooma is potentially, I think, the best player in the league but has a tendency to hold on to the ball a bit too long at times and take on the extra man. If he varies his play a bit, with sometimes just playing the pass first time, which Latapy was brilliant at, he will end up playing for a far better team than us.

ahibby
28-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I've seen enough of both Latapy and Zemmama playing for Hibs to say that on Saturday Zemmama performed as well as if not better than Latapy at anytime playing for Hibs (talk about sitting on the fence). That is saying something considering Latapy IMO played better for Hibs than he did for any other SPL side.

(((Fergus)))
28-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Both hugely entertaining players to watch but slightly different styles. Latapy had eyes in the back of his head and could see a pass facing his own goal. Zooma is potentially, I think, the best player in the league but has a tendency to hold on to the ball a bit too long at times and take on the extra man. If he varies his play a bit, with sometimes just playing the pass first time, which Latapy was brilliant at, he will end up playing for a far better team than us.

Think that's a myth to be honest. Certainly on Saturday there was not one instance where he was guilty of hogging the ball - except when he wanted to take that free kick. :wink: Couple of things didn't come off but his decision making in terms of team play is up there with the best.

Benny Brazil
28-09-2009, 04:07 PM

GGTTH

An interesting formation - maybe Yogi should try that one:greengrin

hibsbollah
28-09-2009, 04:10 PM

Yes. You build your team around players like him.

HFC93
28-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Fair enough but Latapy shone in an average Falkirk side. Zemmama is clearly a highly talented player but I just want him to show it on a regular and effective basis!

Spot on mate:top marks

jacomo
28-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Zemamma is a GREAT player and real entertainer.

BUT

Wee Russell did over a number of years he was well in to his thirties at Hibs and was still MAGNIFICENT. In several games he was a standout playing in one of the most entertaing Hibs teams ever.

So Zouma is great but has a bit to go before being anywhere near as good as the wee fella from Trinadad.

Unfortunately I see a bid coming in from one of the uglies sooner rather than later and we will not get to see the best o him at ER

Not sure they can afford him.

CapitalHibs
28-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Bidding starts at five million pounds:greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-09-2009, 08:53 PM

If he has the kind of season that I'm hoping he'll have, we will be asking for around £3.5-4 million for him in the summer.

Unless they get to the latter stages of the Champions League :faf: there is not a chance that Rangers will be able to afford him and without the Champions League money, I don't see Celtic being able, or willing, to shell out that kind of money, either.