PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to post on here again?

Pedantic_Hibee
26-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Well? :wink:

I would just like to say that I was horrified by the complete over-reaction following the game on Tuesday night and the days that followed.

Taking the game into isolation, it was clearly a shocking result with, by all accounts, a performance to boot. That, I have no problem with at all and any right-minded Hibbie would be equally annoyed, exasperated and gutted with such an insipid, disjointed, careless performance.

But to have several, and I mean several, posters on here spending the rest of the evening and the next few days questioning nigh on every player, demanding shake-ups, ridiculing Yogi, questioning his tactics, his choices, his substitutions, his interviews and anything else they could beat with a stick was downright awful.

Football is all about opinions and everyone is entitled to their opinion, I respect that. But the fickle nature of some of those posters who will no doubt be on here tonight and the next few days without any hint of embarrassment or shame is what grates me slightly.

On Tuesday afternoon, Yogi was a man-manager, a philosopher, a guru who was the best thing to happen to this club in years. Fast forward one game and suddenly folk were questioning whether he was up to the task or not and harbouring doubt over where he was taking us.

Ludicrously enough, many had come to this decision only 7 competitive games into a new season under Yogi in a campaign where he's come in, rid the club of the majority of players that we were crying out to be emptied and brought in a host of new players. As well as the new recruits, we had half a team promoted from the under 19s plus the return from season-long loans of Benji and Zemmama.

We have been an expectant support for as long as I've been alive but even I was staggered at the reaction following the defeat in midweek.

Anyone who would have noticed the line-up and formation today before the game would have been scratching their head in disbelief, decrying the inclusion of Nish and bemoaning that we've went with a crazy four up front when it seemed three was one too many. End result, 3v1 and pretty comfortable victory away to a team that are in form and full of confidence.

Give the man time, give him time to get things right, get us on the right track and rid this club of the habits which have prevented it from fulfilling the expectations that we, the fans, have.

Today's victory doesn't mean we've turned a corner, as far as I'm concerned we've not even started the car yet never mind negotiating the twists and turns to the straight path of success. 8 competitive games is not enough to judge the man yet.

As far as I'm concerned, we are joint-second in the league, we have signed some good quality players this summer, two of which we could only dreamed of securing before now. Financially, we're strong and ambitious to the extent that we can strengthen the squad further, we have a fully paid-up training centre which is already bearing fruit with the youngsters as well as being a major swing for transfer targets and we have a manager with Hibernian in his blood who will bring the passion, honesty, integrity and most importantly, the ability to the role to get us where we want. Of this, I have never been more sure.

We may go out next week and lose, we might even go on and lose the game after that as well and whilst those games would be hurtful to lose, take them in isolation and see the bigger picture for what it is, a club that at long last, as far as I'm concerned, is on the up. And hey, you never know, we might just go ahead and win them both.

Let's keep our chins up, keep on the straight and narrow and be realistic. Don't get carried away with the wins and similarly, don't get too upset with the defeats so early into a new era with a new regime.

GGTTH.

MyJo
26-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Amen :top marks:

The_Horde
26-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I wish you would stop summing things up so well..

What are we going to debate? :greengrin

PS. :top marks

skipster7
26-09-2009, 04:36 PM

I would just like to say that I was horrified by the complete over-reaction following the game on Tuesday night and the days that followed.

Taking the game into isolation, it was clearly a shocking result with, by all accounts, a performance to boot. That, I have no problem with at all and any right-minded Hibbie would be equally annoyed, exasperated and gutted with such an insipid, disjointed, careless performance.

But to have several, and I mean several, posters on here spending the rest of the evening and the next few days questioning nigh on every player, demanding shake-ups, ridiculing Yogi, questioning his tactics, his choices, his substitutions, his interviews and anything else they could beat with a stick was downright awful.

Football is all about opinions and everyone is entitled to their opinion, I respect that. But the fickle nature of some of those posters who will no doubt be on here tonight and the next few days without any hint of embarrassment or shame is what grates me slightly.

On Tuesday afternoon, Yogi was a man-manager, a philosopher, a guru who was the best thing to happen to this club in years. Fast forward one game and suddenly folk were questioning whether he was up to the task or not and harbouring doubt over where he was taking us.

Ludicrously enough, many had come to this decision only 7 competitive games into a new season under Yogi in a campaign where he's come in, rid the club of the majority of players that we were crying out to be emptied and brought in a host of new players. As well as the new recruits, we had half a team promoted from the under 19s plus the return from season-long loans of Benji and Zemmama.

We have been an expectant support for as long as I've been alive but even I was staggered at the reaction following the defeat in midweek.

Anyone who would have noticed the line-up and formation today before the game would have been scratching their head in disbelief, decrying the inclusion of Nish and bemoaning that we've went with a crazy four up front when it seemed three was one too many. End result, 3v1 and pretty comfortable victory away to a team that are in form and full of confidence.

Give the man time, give him time to get things right, get us on the right track and rid this club of the habits which have prevented it from fulfilling the expectations that we, the fans, have.

Today's victory doesn't mean we've turned a corner, as far as I'm concerned we've not even started the car yet never mind negotiating the twists and turns to the straight path of success. 8 competitive games is not enough to judge the man yet.

As far as I'm concerned, we are joint-second in the league, we have signed some good quality players this summer, two of which we could only dreamed of securing before now. Financially, we're strong and ambitious to the extent that we can strengthen the squad further, we have a fully paid-up training centre which is already bearing fruit with the youngsters as well as being a major swing for transfer targets and we have a manager with Hibernian in his blood who will bring the passion, honesty, integrity and most importantly, the ability to the role to get us where we want. Of this, I have never been more sure.

We may go out next week and lose, we might even go on and lose the game after that as well and whilst those games would be hurtful to lose, take them in isolation and see the bigger picture for what it is, a club that at long last, as far as I'm concerned, is on the up. And hey, you never know, we might just go ahead and win them both.

Let's keep our chins up, keep on the straight and narrow and be realistic. Don't get carried away with the wins and similarly, don't get too upset with the defeats so early into a new era with a new regime.

GGTTH.

lordy , a ray of light in a sometimes dark,dark place.:top marksi'll probably still moan at the next defeat though:devil:

ACLeith
26-09-2009, 04:38 PM
:top marks - if there was an 11/10 smillie I would have used that.

After Tuesday I only plucked up the courage to look in again on the site yesterday evening, as I knew what I would see, summed up perfectly by you, PH.

"We are Hibernian FC" .... that's why the roller-coaster was invented :wink:

HIBERNIALEITH
26-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Well said!!!:thumbsup::top marks

Wembley67
26-09-2009, 04:43 PM
it's times like that when i'm glad of having the haven called the pm board.

BroxburnHibee
26-09-2009, 04:54 PM

GGTTH.

PH not for the first time you've posted something way too positive/level headed for the main board.

Get your erse back on the PM board pronto :grr:

Oh aye and by the way :top marks

hibby hib 69
26-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Well said PH it's time the hibees on here that get on the player's and Yogi's back after a defeat get a reality check yes a defeat ain't great but that's football. You have to take the win's with the defeat's after all we are at the top end of the table not the bottom end of the table.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Happy Clapper ALERT, Happy Clapper ALERT, Happy Clapper ALERT, Happy Clapper ALERT, Happy Clapper ALERT, Happy Clapper ALERT, Happy Clapper ALERT,

:devil:
Top post :wink:

erskine-hibby
26-09-2009, 05:14 PM

GGTTH.

A very good post.
My only worry, and has been since before the start of the season, is that without a proper replacement for Jones we are a one dimensional team i.e. attack, attack, attack and if that fails???????
Ok, it can make for a really exiting game, but it also leads to the kind of results we saw on Tue night...a rollercoaster if you like. I believe we have the makings of a good team, but this is being held up by the shortcomings in defence and so unless this is addressed we run the risk of, perhaps, going on a bad run that we will find hard to get out of. With any luck we may be able to keep the results going, though not playing that well at the moment, up to the next window when we may be able to get a proper centre half in.

lEXO
26-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Great post.Over reaction seems to be the way with a lot of posters on here.We are world beaters when we win, and carpet beaters when we lose.
:top marks

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-09-2009, 05:36 PM
A very good post.
My only worry, and has been since before the start of the season, is that without a proper replacement for Jones we are a one dimensional team i.e. attack, attack, attack and if that fails???????
Ok, it can make for a really exiting game, but it also leads to the kind of results we saw on Tue night...a rollercoaster if you like. I believe we have the makings of a good team, but this is being held up by the shortcomings in defence and so unless this is addressed we run the risk of, perhaps, going on a bad run that we will find hard to get out of. With any luck we may be able to keep the results going, though not playing that well at the moment, up to the next window when we may be able to get a proper centre half in.

Barr was MOM for Falkirk, a replacement perhaps?

erskine-hibby
26-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Barr was MOM for Falkirk, a replacement perhaps?

No doubt a decent player, but i don't think he is the answer. IMHO we need a big centre half in the mould of Jones...but better, I just don't know where we will get one.

Ceebs
26-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Superb post, great result today but we have to be realistic this season, we will win more than we will lose lets just enjoy football and not hoofball.

Personally 3 points less than we have now already I would not have been to disappointed.

ancient hibee
26-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Would have been a more impressive post if posted before today's game:greengrin

hibsbollah
27-09-2009, 07:06 PM
What a great post:top marks Some of the negative nonsense on here last week was beyond belief:bitchy:

--------
27-09-2009, 07:11 PM

GGTTH.

:top marks

Excellent post. My thoughts exactly.

GGTTH. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2009, 07:14 PM
If somone came on here now [ not me!!] and started a Hughes must go post, then surely that would okay as well, cos it is differences of opinion, [ apart from see-through yam wind-ups] that make supporters web pages so much fun.:stirrer:

Viva_Palmeiras
27-09-2009, 07:20 PM

GGTTH.

Has common sense finally broken out?

I agree good summary of the position, unfortunately the way the internet is with everyone pitching in (including Yam interlopers, wind-up merchants, devils advocates, folks just wanting to vent, up for an argument on anything) storms in internet teacups will arise on a periodic basis. This will undoubtedly continue until (if?) we find a bit of consistency. We're not really into streaks so that is unlikely in Yogi's first season but as you allude to we need to consider where he's come from and the MASSIVE changes that he has overseen in a short space of time. He wont be walking on water or turning it into wine any time soon...

BTW I still think your signature needs a bit of correction :wink:

Tricla
27-09-2009, 07:44 PM

GGTTH.

Magical piece of postery

jacomo
27-09-2009, 09:45 PM

:agree:

Spot on.

Scotthibs1875
27-09-2009, 10:13 PM
No doubt a decent player, but i don't think he is the answer. IMHO we need a big centre half in the mould of Jones...but better, I just don't know where we will get one.

Why does everyone want a 'big' centre half. I think Darren Barr is a great prospect and i think he is a better defender or if not will be a better defender than Jones.