PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller

shamo9
26-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Though he deserved some acknowledgment for a :top marks

Glad to see he's settling now. He'll be very important for us. He's got genuine quality in him and yet is more controlled and disciplined than the forward players:agree:

Hopefully he proves to be a sound investment.

Anyway, we're joint second now without playing well... what happens when we click:wink: (hopefully against a poor Hearts side:devil:)

Dibben
26-09-2009, 04:19 PM
i reckon he'll be our player of season this year, and signing of the season in the spl!

BH.

500miles
26-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I think you have to compliment Miller AND McBride. Cannot be easy being a midfielder in a team that is playing 4-2-4.

Hibstrooper
26-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I think Miller will be a big player for us this season. Just look at his pedigree, he was playing week in week out in the Premiership with Sunderland.

He's not had a pre-season so it was always going to take him a few games to get up to speed but it's no surprise he's now showing his class.

Quality player!

Ell_Chrisso
26-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Wasnt at Celtic, then Man U for nout. Maybe just needs to be away from the pressure of being in the big leagues down south, to feel comfortable, and play his own football. Has had a good start to being in a Hibs shirt, and long may it continue.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-09-2009, 04:24 PM
hes a better player now than he was at Celtic :agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
26-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Though he deserved some acknowledgment for a :top marks

Glad to see he's settling now. He'll be very important for us. He's got genuine quality in him and yet is more controlled and disciplined than the forward players:agree:

Hopefully he proves to be a sound investment.

Anyway, we're joint second now without playing well... what happens when we click:wink: (hopefully against a poor Hearts side:devil:)

Miller was brilliant today and totally bossed midfield second half. Give it a couple more weeks and similar performance and the OF will come sniffing.

God Petrie
26-09-2009, 05:22 PM
He was outstanding. Sheer class.

If the weegies want him bidding starts at £10m otherwise they can gtf.

Not sure it was a 4-2-4. Zemmama and riordan were playing too deep to qialify as strikers.

California-Hibs
26-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Liam Miller was outstanding today! :top marks

JimBHibees
26-09-2009, 05:35 PM
He was outstanding. Sheer class.

If the weegies want him bidding starts at £10m otherwise they can gtf.

Not sure it was a 4-2-4. Zemmama and riordan were playing too deep to qialify as strikers.

Yep Deek and Zemmama were wide midfield players 442

hibbybob
26-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I think you have to compliment Miller AND McBride. Cannot be easy being a midfielder in a team that is playing 4-2-4.

Can only assume you got 4-2-4 from radio commentry! Certainly wasn't liuke that at the game!!

JimBHibees
26-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Liam Miller looked a quality signing today. Top class and he will only get better.

lucky
26-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Miller was brilliant today but McBride must get a mention for the way he covers and tackles and plays the simple ball. Also like his reaction to wards the Hibs support at the end, it showed he cared.

If Miller and Zemama play like this most weeks until January then we will be up challenging. The RP will sell them on. But Miller is probably the most accomplished player at ER since Sauzee

Baw187
26-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Sheer class today. Challenged for every ball and won most. Didn't misplace a pass and look very comfortable on the ball. Fantastic.

Jim44
26-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Superb game but unlucky to be booked.

Hibby Bairn
26-09-2009, 06:18 PM
What a difference having a bit of experience makes in the team.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I know Zemmama played very well today (excellent in fact) but I thought it was really hard on Miller that he didn't get the man of the match award from Radio Scotland. I would go as far as to say that no-one will play better in the SPL this season, without receiving the man of the match award.

He was simply outstanding today.

Gala Foxes
26-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Absolute stand-out 2nd half - hard, silky, committed, class

forthhibby
26-09-2009, 06:56 PM
What a difference having a bit of experience makes in the team.

my first thought when the team were lining up was, that's the most experienced hibs team i've seen for a while.

Capt Mainwaring
26-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Miller was terriffic today. Covered lots of ground, made ever pass count and bossed the central of the midfield. He's very cool under pressure and worked well with McBride to protect the defence and lainch attacks.

Great pass to Riordan for the second goal and unlucky not to get a penalty when he was charging into the box about to shot.

Maybe it's taken a few games for him to find his feet and game sharpness - but I really enjoyed that performance today. Man of the match for me.

IberianHibernian
26-09-2009, 07:17 PM
He`s in squad for World Cup qualifiers v Italy and Montenegro . Squad is about 27 and squad for finals is 23 so he has an extra incentive to do well this season if Ireland qualify .

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2009, 08:31 PM
He was superb, and pipped Zemamma imho for MOM. Did he give the ball away today?:top marks

el capitano
26-09-2009, 08:45 PM
faultless display, great workrate to get on the 2nd balls and keep possesion

Jonnyboy
26-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Both he and Zemmama were outstanding which prompted Pat Nevin, in his BBC pundit report to say ..........

I really, really wanted to give my MotM award to Liam Miller as he was immense and worth a 9.5 out of 10 but I have to give it to Zemmama who made me cream my pants (ok I made that last bit up :greengrin)

Pat said 9.5 to Miller and 9.95 to Zemmama with the latter being miles ahead of anyone else on the park. If the BBC auditor is reading this it might be worth his/her while checking Pat's mileage claims :greengrin

poolman
26-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Both he and Zemmama were outstanding which prompted Pat Nevin, in his BBC pundit report to say ..........

I really, really wanted to give my MotM award to Liam Miller as he was immense and worth a 9.5 out of 10 but I have to give it to Zemmama who made me cream my pants (ok I made that last bit up :greengrin)
Pat said 9.5 to Miller and 9.95 to Zemmama with the latter being miles ahead of anyone else on the park. If the BBC auditor is reading this it might be worth his/her while checking Pat's mileage claims :greengrin

:faf: Heard that also (no the bit bout creamin yersel)

Just hope that the Hibbys are now beginning to gel and get some consistency in their game

bring on the Arabs :agree:

Winston Ingram
26-09-2009, 09:08 PM
i reckon he'll be our player of season this year, and signing of the season in the spl!

BH.

Agreed, Stil can't believe he's here

yogi984
26-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Agreed, Stil can't believe he's here

Was just about to post the same. What a signing for us. Enjoy him while we can, he wont be hear long I dont think. With him and the wee man we have easily the two best midfielders outside the old firm in the country, very easily in fact.

matty_f
26-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Great to hear the reports coming through about Miller. He's shown glimpses in his first couple of matches and you knew that once his fitness improved his quality would shine through.

What I hope, is that the players around Miller (and Zemmama) take a lead from these guys and rise to that standard. If they can, we are potentially a very good side.