same :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toaods
26-09-2009, 02:14 PM
always had faith in the big man :thumbsup:

:faf:

Beefster
26-09-2009, 02:16 PM

Hibs have scored a goal - must be time to have a go at other Hibees.

Chuckie
26-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Hibs have scored a goal - must be time to have a go at other Hibees.

Let's have Stack today.

Ell_Chrisso
26-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Weve missed his presence and work rate against St Johnstone.

bighairyfaeleith
26-09-2009, 03:16 PM
he's still pish:greengrin

HFC 0-7
26-09-2009, 03:25 PM

Glad he scored, Glad Hibs scored, but Nish is still mince. Nade will eventually score a goal, but it doesnt mean he is good!

nonshinyfinish
26-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Nade will eventually score a goal

Will he, though?

Baldy Foghorn
26-09-2009, 06:00 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Big Nish was superb Today link up play was great.....

No doubt will still not be good enough, and be slated by some though

Baldy Foghorn
26-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Glad he scored, Glad Hibs scored, but Nish is still mince. Nade will eventually score a goal, but it doesnt mean he is good!

Obviously never saw his performance today then???:confused:

Sir David Gray
26-09-2009, 06:32 PM

He might not be to your liking but to compare Colin Nish with that useless lump is absolutely ridiculous. In my opinion, of course

Nish has a goal scoring record that Nade can only dream about.

I have consistently backed Colin Nish from the moment we signed him and I stand by that stance. I still maintain that if he plays 30-35 games this season, he will get us between 10-12 goals. It's not bad for someone who's supposedly "mince" and "pish".

Dibben
26-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I think Nish is has shown that he may be a horsesfor courses player for us this year, he will score goals for us this year, i reckon he'll score more than Yams top scorer this year!

Well played today Colin.

BH.

fife hfc
26-09-2009, 06:37 PM
never went to the game and glad Nish had a good game. Maybe Yogi's comments about him sulking over refs decisions rather than getting on with doing his job has sumk in.

I want all Hibs players to do well and we have to remember that all our players have their faults and nish will continue to frustrate and then produce games like today.

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2009, 06:38 PM
He might not be to your liking but to compare Colin Nish with that useless lump is absolutely ridiculous. In my opinion, of course

I have consistently backed Colin Nish from the moment we signed him and I stand by that stance. I still maintain that if he plays 30-35 games this season, he will get us between 10-12 goals. It's not bad for someone who's supposedly "mince" and "pish".

Nish is Nish and is infuriating at times but he certainly made a difference up front today. Great performance.

hibbybrian
26-09-2009, 06:43 PM

:agree: however IMHO Nish is a hot or cold player and predictably so - if he's not doing well after the first 15 minutes, he should be subbed as he doesn't improve as the game goes on as his confidence collapses, hence the negative comments on some of his performances :duck:

Borders Hibby
26-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Correct!:agree:

Russdoorsfan71
26-09-2009, 06:47 PM
The sun shines on a dogs ass sometimes I'm afraid!! Don't get too carried away!

RIP
26-09-2009, 06:53 PM
As a Hibs fan and Hibs squad player we really should support him

It doesn't matter to me if he's not as skillful as Zouma or can't finish as well as Stokes / Riordan or isn't as fast as Galbraith

We have some fine strikers at this club and Nish has an important role to play for the club this season

If he loses form it's at that point we should INCREASE our support - not lose our bottle, start whingeing or get the knives out

bighairyfaeleith
26-09-2009, 07:46 PM

It doesn't matter to me if he's not as skillful as Zouma or can't finish as well as Stokes / Riordan or isn't as fast as Galbraith

We have some fine strikers at this club and Nish has an important role to play for the club this season

If he loses form it's at that point we should INCREASE our support - not lose our bottle, start whingeing or get the knives out

I should agree with what you say it makes a lot of sense, but I can't as he is just ****. Like another poster said, sometimes the sun even shines on a dogs arse, so lets not get too excited. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
26-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I should agree with what you say it makes a lot of sense, but I can't as he is just ****. Like another poster said, sometimes the sun even shines on a dogs arse, so lets not get too excited. :agree:

Sounds like some have already made their minds up on Nish, and he just can't win no matter how well he performs?

Jonnyboy
26-09-2009, 08:00 PM

:top marks

If the big fella can be pish but play as he did today he'll do for me :wink: :agree:

Mibbes Aye
26-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Will he, though?

No, probably not.

Hiber-nation
26-09-2009, 08:04 PM
:top marks

If the big fella can be pish but play as he did today he'll do for me :wink: :agree:

Great performance and well done to Nishy.

Hopefully we'll get the same next week against far more physical centre halves - then we can really sing the big man's praises.

Lang Toun Hibs
26-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I think Nish deserves more credit than he gets. For me, if he plays and doesn't score people tend to knock him however I always think we miss him when he doesn't play and that tells me that he contributes a lot more than some of us realise when he is playing - ask Steven Fletcher who benefited from Nish's efforts on a number of occasions last season.

Without question he deserves our 100% support.

lapsedhibee
26-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I think Nish deserves more credit than he gets. For me, if he plays and doesn't score people tend to knock him however I always think we miss him when he doesn't play and that tells me that he contributes a lot more than some of us realise when he is playing - ask Steven Fletcher who benefited from Nish's efforts on a number of occasions last season.

Unseen work alert! :wink:

brog
26-09-2009, 08:16 PM
never went to the game and glad Nish had a good game. Maybe Yogi's comments about him sulking over refs decisions rather than getting on with doing his job has sumk in.

I want all Hibs players to do well and we have to remember that all our players have their faults and nish will continue to frustrate and then produce games like today.

My goodness, a sensible post on Hibs Net, what's happening? :wink:
Like most posters I think Nish is a rather average SPL player who I'm not over enamoured with but I still expect him to score about 10 goals a season. There's no doubt however we're rather 1 dimensional without him, by including him up top it usually occupies 1 or both central defenders & should allow Deeks, Stokes, Zouma more room in final 1/3 of park. I would however like Benji to be given a go in central striker role, he's more talented & quicker than Nish but I'm uncertain of his attitude in playing in that difficult position. From the subs made today Yogi may be considering same.

HFC 0-7
26-09-2009, 10:49 PM
That will be it from Nish though. He is still not good enough for Hibs. How many bad games does he play before he performs one good one. I dont doubt he had a good game today, but 1 in a blue moon aint good enough.

Next week, he will be jumping up while bending down, falling down at the smallest of touches, being caught offside, and giving away free kicks.

I think he is a good guy, but his ability aint there. He was punching above his weight today. One good game doesnt make him a good player, his goal record shows this. Brian Kerr had one good game for us, scoring against the jambos and a lot of people raved about him, but in the end he was a very average player!

Nish will always split the fans views, but he just aint good enough. The players we have in the squad now can have an average day and it be just as good as Nish on a good day. Nish on an average day is well below par!

Sir David Gray
26-09-2009, 11:13 PM
That will be it from Nish though. He is still not good enough for Hibs. How many bad games does he play before he performs one good one. I dont doubt he had a good game today, but 1 in a blue moon aint good enough.

Next week, he will be jumping up while bending down, falling down at the smallest of touches, being caught offside, and giving away free kicks.

I think he is a good guy, but his ability aint there. He was punching above his weight today. One good game doesnt make him a good player, his goal record shows this. Brian Kerr had one good game for us, scoring against the jambos and a lot of people raved about him, but in the end he was a very average player!

Nish will always split the fans views, but he just aint good enough. The players we have in the squad now can have an average day and it be just as good as Nish on a good day. Nish on an average day is well below par!

Nish has scored 72 goals in 196 career starts, which is better than a goal every three games.

For someone who is constantly labelled a "donkey", "huddy", "Colin Pish" etc etc, that's not a bad record at all. Most teams in the SPL would love to have Colin Nish up front.

I'm really struggling to understand what kind of player some fans would describe as being good enough to play for Hibs, if someone with Nish's goals record is not deemed to be Hibs standard.

el capitano
26-09-2009, 11:19 PM

not his no.1 fan, he might not look the best but he certainly brings other players into the game and creates a lot of chances. he defends from the front also and today him and stokes worked well closing down. if he keeps this up the rest of the team will benefit and that can only be good for hibs
and that is what we want, you mention other players in your post but they all have different qualities and im not sure anyone else can do his job, just like nish cant do someone elses job.
we will prob see more of him away from home but it really helped the team today and if were hard to beat on the road it could be a decent season. i cant remember the last time i was confident going away from home week in week out,im not yet this season, but i feel we have the squad to do so.
we cant go through the season with 11 men, we need them all and colin nish will be important to us.
if i was playing centre half i would be worried playing against any of our forward players.

basehibby
27-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Nish blows hot and cold - on his day he can be pretty silky for a big gadge but when it's not his day - well - less said the better.

Glad to hear he had a great game vs 'well - hopefully with that and getting off the mark he'll get a good run of form going now.

Well done Colin (no pun intended) - now some consistency please!

lyonhibs
27-09-2009, 02:48 AM
For the 6 or 7 games a season that Colin Nish plays well he is indeed a valuable asset to the team.

It's the other 25-30 where he'll spent most of the time with hands on hips blowing out his arse and/or on his backside looking like a lost puppy that are a worry.

For the time being however, well played Colin Nish :agree:

HFC 0-7
27-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Nish has scored 72 goals in 196 career starts, which is better than a goal every three games.

For someone who is constantly labelled a "donkey", "huddy", "Colin Pish" etc etc, that's not a bad record at all. Most teams in the SPL would love to have Colin Nish up front.

I'm really struggling to understand what kind of player some fans would describe as being good enough to play for Hibs, if someone with Nish's goals record is not deemed to be Hibs standard.

If you are going to use stats, lets use the one that applies to Nish. In his hibs career he has scored 13 goals in 51 appearances. Compare that to Riordan, 16 in 38. Nish maybe had a better goal scoring record at other clubs but since he has been at hibs he has failed to shine.

Too many time have I seen him ruin good opportunities going forward because he cant look across the line and keep himself onside. For a big guy, he isnt good in the air, he isnt good at holding the ball up. So, if this is not his qualities then why play him? We have much more skillfull players in the team. Fair enough, hehad a good game yesterday but will probably be followed with a few very very average performances or bag to his usual terrible displays. Nish is not the answer, just to fit into the style Yogi wants us to play, he would need to play a blinder every week.

Barney McGrew
27-09-2009, 10:10 AM

For someone who is constantly labelled a "donkey", "huddy", "Colin Pish" etc etc, that's not a bad record at all. Most teams in the SPL would love to have Colin Nish up front

There's only Kris Boyd and Scott McDonald playing in the SPL that have hugely better goals per game records than him.

His ratio is in line with people like Miller, Novo and Samaras despite not playing for the OF.

Allant1981
27-09-2009, 10:14 AM
]There's only Kris Boyd and Scott McDonald playing in the SPL that have hugely better goals per game records than him.[/B]

His ratio is in line with people like Miller, Novo and Samaras despite not playing for the OF.

Deek?

Toaods
27-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I think Nish does Ok but we could have far better for probably the same cash.

I'd offer Killie £100K plus Nish to take Kevin Kyle off their hands.

Imagine the lay offs for Stokes, Deek, etc. Opposition defences would run scared of those three.

Thing is, Kyle is fairly unusual in Scotland but there are plenty others like him that play in the lower leagues down sarf.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Not sure that a tap in from zero yards would would either confirm or dispell any opinions about Nish. In a 4-2-4 set up though, the forwards are always going to see more of the ball and on a day where we can say there were no failures, an " i have always said" deabate is maybe a side issue.:scarf:

el capitano
27-09-2009, 11:35 AM

Imagine the lay offs for Stokes, Deek, etc. Opposition defences would run scared of those three.

Thing is, Kyle is fairly unusual in Scotland but there are plenty others like him that play in the lower leagues down sarf.
on whay basis do you rate kyle?
and why would you want another striker coming to the club when kurtis byrne is waiting for a chance?
i honestly feel kyle is one of the most overated players in scotland, cant believe he gets involved with scotland squads.
kurtis byrne could be, given a seaon or two a great player for us, nish probably wont be here any longer than that so imo £100k would not replace what nish would give us and it would hinder byrnes chances of 1st team match time.
we have a very good squad, good options that vary the way we play so no need for any changes.

Toaods
27-09-2009, 11:42 AM
on whay basis do you rate kyle?
and why would you want another striker coming to the club when kurtis byrne is waiting for a chance?
i honestly feel kyle is one of the most overated players in scotland, cant believe he gets involved with scotland squads.
kurtis byrne could be, given a seaon or two a great player for us, nish probably wont be here any longer than that so imo £100k would not replace what nish would give us and it would hinder byrnes chances of 1st team match time.
we have a very good squad, good options that vary the way we play so no need for any changes.

on the basis he is big, powerfull, has played at a far better level than Nish, wins most balls in the air that is able to, can lay it off better and would make more goals for the team than Nish does.

That should be plenty.

What's Byrne got to do with the comparison? he's a pacy front man so is not even an alternative - his targets for a first team start would be Deeks, Stokes in the first instance and any other forward thereafter. From what I've seen of Kurtis in the first team, he will be lucky to start any game this season.

Would agree we have lots of options attacking wise but sadly, only Nish as the 'big holding it up front' type and even then that is probably not how he sees his own role.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2009, 11:45 AM
on the basis he is big, powerfull, has played at a far better level than Nish, wins most balls in the air that is able to, can lay it off better and would make more goals for the team than Nish does.

That should be plenty.

What's Byrne got to do with the comparison? he's a pacy front man so is not even an alternative - his targets for a first team start would be Deeks, Stokes in the first instance and any other forward thereafter. From what I've seen of Kurtis in the first team, he will be lucky to start any game this season.

Would agree we have lots of options attacking wise but sadly, only Nish as the 'big holding it up front' type and even then that is probably not how he sees his own role.
:top marks:agree:

Just Jimmy
27-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Nish is a victim of having a surname like Nish, it's ready made flack.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Nish is a victim of having a surname like Nish, it's ready made flack.

You could be right, celtic fans never took to Sheite, and that arce fella is poop too.:faf: As for Kuntz????

el capitano
27-09-2009, 12:03 PM
have you seen as much of kyle as your opinion of him makes out? if so i take your word for it. from what iv seen (and its not much) he seems useless. if he is as good as you make out,we will not get him.
only mentioned byrne for the simple reason that he would be more involved(whether you think hes ready or not) if we were one forward player lighter in the size of our squad, never meant as a similar type of player.

not looking for an argument as you have obviously made your mind up, i would love to swap players with other players who imo would be better than we have but we have to be happy with our options as a squad at this moment in time.

Franck is God
27-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Colin Nish is a good SPL striker and we are better having him as part of the squad as not.

He has positive and negative aspects to his game like all players do but you know exactly what you're going to get and I'm pretty sure that the other strikers at the club enjoy playing alongside him.

basehibby
27-09-2009, 12:45 PM
From what I've seen, Kyle is certainly a stronger player who plays the target man role much more convincingly than Nish.
Also, like Nish, he's got a bit more to his game but is no Maradona.

So, on balance I'd agree that Kyle would be a slightly stronger option - but I'm not so sure that Killie would be quite as easy to deal with as some are making out. I thnk they'd be amenable to such a swap deal but might hold out for a bit more compensation than the 100K quoted elsewhere.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2009, 12:51 PM
If you are going to use stats, lets use the one that applies to Nish. In his hibs career he has scored 13 goals in 51 appearances. Compare that to Riordan, 16 in 38. Nish maybe had a better goal scoring record at other clubs but since he has been at hibs he has failed to shine.

Too many time have I seen him ruin good opportunities going forward because he cant look across the line and keep himself onside. For a big guy, he isnt good in the air, he isnt good at holding the ball up. So, if this is not his qualities then why play him? We have much more skillfull players in the team. Fair enough, hehad a good game yesterday but will probably be followed with a few very very average performances or bag to his usual terrible displays. Nish is not the answer, just to fit into the style Yogi wants us to play, he would need to play a blinder every week.

So Colin Nish's goals per game ratio over his whole career isn't a stat that applies to Colin Nish? :confused:

That's a new one.

I would rather have Nish. I certainly wouldn't say Kyle was a "far better" option.

el capitano
27-09-2009, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=hibs13681;2190182]If you are going to use stats, lets use the one that applies to Nish. In his hibs career he has scored 13 goals in 51 appearances. Compare that to Riordan, 16 in 38. Nish maybe had a better goal scoring record at other clubs but since he has been at hibs he has failed to shine.

take away dereks penaltys/free kicks im sure the averages would be a fairer arguement, as nish doesnt get these opportunities to score. but imo there should be no arguement as we have a great selection of options and they will all have the chance to help us throughout the season.
when was the last time we had the chance of a possible 20,15,and maybe a 12 goal a season set of strikers. all they goals could be the makings of a great season.

HFC 0-7
27-09-2009, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;2190344]So Colin Nish's goals per game ratio over his whole career isn't a stat that applies to Colin Nish? :confused:

That's a new one.

His goal scoring record at hibs is the only one that counts. If a player average a goal a game at another club but came to hibs, fell on his ass throughout the game and never score, would you include him because of what he had done at other clubs. His recnt form, apart from yesterday has been terrible. Last season I never rated him. Nish in recent times hasnt really had an OK game. He has been terrible with the odd good game. Right now Nish has far too many bad games to good games. You can maybe take riordan being like that because even when he has a bad game he can still score goals, as has been proven recently. Although Yogi's formation worked yesterday, it wont for long. Hibs will need to go back to playing 1 or 2 up front as the midfield is not strong enough. When that happens I cant see a place for Nish. I think Kyle has far more ability than Nish, he is strong, good finisher and unlike Nish he can compete in the air, like a tall forward should do!

Allant1981
27-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Nish is a decent enough player for the spl, im not his biggest fan but if he keeps scoring then thats fine for me, personally i'd rather see benji and stokes up front but hughes is clearly a fan of nish so will probably keep his place in the team

el capitano
27-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Although Yogi's formation worked yesterday, it wont for long. Hibs will need to go back to playing 1 or 2 up front as the midfield is not strong enough. When that happens I cant see a place for Nish. I think Kyle has far more ability than Nish, he is strong, good finisher and unlike Nish he can compete in the air, like a tall forward should do![/QUOTE]

we should be happy after yesterday,
you dont think the formation was the makings of a good season?

would you play stokes as 1 up instead of nish? i ask only because i havent seen stokes challenge for a high ball that often. and before anyone starts i know this is not what hes good at but if plying one up he will have to.

have you seen a lot of kyle to back up your claim?

are you hoping yogis formation gets found out?

Toaods
27-09-2009, 02:22 PM
have you seen a lot of kyle to back up your claim?

I can only surmise you know little of Kyle.

Very much a favourite at every club he's been at speaks volumes.

el capitano
27-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I can only surmise you know little of Kyle.

Very much a favourite at every club he's been at speaks volumes.
tbh that is why im asking, i thought he got chased from coventry before being out the game and then kilmarnock took a chance with him. i always thought he wasnt a fans favourite but i dont know for sure

have you seen a lot of him?

Sir David Gray
27-09-2009, 02:30 PM
His goal scoring record at hibs is the only one that counts. If a player average a goal a game at another club but came to hibs, fell on his ass throughout the game and never score, would you include him because of what he had done at other clubs. His recnt form, apart from yesterday has been terrible. Last season I never rated him. Nish in recent times hasnt really had an OK game. He has been terrible with the odd good game. Right now Nish has far too many bad games to good games. You can maybe take riordan being like that because even when he has a bad game he can still score goals, as has been proven recently. Although Yogi's formation worked yesterday, it wont for long. Hibs will need to go back to playing 1 or 2 up front as the midfield is not strong enough. When that happens I cant see a place for Nish. I think Kyle has far more ability than Nish, he is strong, good finisher and unlike Nish he can compete in the air, like a tall forward should do!

His goals per game ratio at Hibs (13 goals in 46 starts) is slightly worse than a goal every three matches, and that is only slightly worse than his overall career record.

I'm not saying that he's the best striker I've ever seen at Hibs, he's not even the best striker that we have just now. But he is a good option for us and is nowhere near as bad as some people on here think he is.

Like I said before, most teams in Scotland would love to have Colin Nish playing up front for them.

Toaods
27-09-2009, 02:36 PM
tbh that is why im asking, i thought he got chased from coventry before being out the game and then kilmarnock took a chance with him. i always thought he wasnt a fans favourite but i dont know for sure

have you seen a lot of him?

he picked up a bad hip injury injury at Coventry and lost his place when regaining fitness as management changes had taken place.

A few loan deals and a mutual agreement saw his contract terminated.

Killie were in right away, although they didn't expect to get him but he wanted to have a run of games.

On the depressing side, he was rated by Berto Vogts enough to be capped against the Faroes in that infamous shambles of a game played on the edge of a windy cliff somewhere near the North Pole.

I'm not saying he's a world beater but he's better than Nish.

In terms of me having seen Kyle playing personally, I would think only a couple of times but then I've never seen KAKA but have confidence enough to tell you he is good, if out of our price range. :greengrin

el capitano
27-09-2009, 02:40 PM
he picked up a bad hip injury injury at Coventry and lost his place when regaining fitness as managenement changes had taken place.

A few loan deals and a mutual agreement saw his contract terminated.

Killie were in right away, although they didn't expect to get him but he wanted to have a run of games.

On the depressing side, he was rated by Berto Vogts enough to be capped against the Faroes in that infamous shambles of a game played on the edge of a windy cliff somewhere near the North Pole.

I'm not saying he's a world beater but he's better than Nish.

In terms of me having seen Kyle playing personally, I would think only a couple of times but then I've never seen KAKA but have confidence enough to tell you he is good, if out of our price range. :greengrin
haha fair enough
im still not sure about his qualities, im sure the coventry fans and i think the sunderland fans hated him so possibly not a favourite as you say.

Hibs Spain
27-09-2009, 02:44 PM
always had faith in the big man :thumbsup:I never rated him and still don't although every now and again he comes up trumps:cool2:

brog
27-09-2009, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=hibs13681;2190182]If you are going to use stats, lets use the one that applies to Nish. In his hibs career he has scored 13 goals in 51 appearances. Compare that to Riordan, 16 in 38. Nish maybe had a better goal scoring record at other clubs but since he has been at hibs he has failed to shine.

take away dereks penaltys/free kicks im sure the averages would be a fairer arguement, as nish doesnt get these opportunities to score. but imo there should be no arguement as we have a great selection of options and they will all have the chance to help us throughout the season.
when was the last time we had the chance of a possible 20,15,and maybe a 12 goal a season set of strikers. all they goals could be the makings of a great season.

Nish scored plenty of penalties at Killie, you can't start being selective. having sad that, he gets my 100% support every time he pulls on the jersey.