PDA

View Full Version : UEFA probe into alleged match fixing

Golden Bear
26-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Mmmm. Are you thinking what I'm thinking (or hoping!)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mad Vlad's teams have been involved somewhere along the line.

Seriously - the whole credibility of the game has now been called into question. If the allegations are proved then the clubs involved should be banned for a considerable period of time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8275957.stm

StevieC
26-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Are you seriously saying that the hard fought win against an Eastern European team (after being humiliated in the away leg) might have been down to the opposition throwing the match???

:confused:

Golden Bear
26-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Are you seriously saying that the hard fought win against an Eastern European team (after being humiliated in the away leg) might have been down to the opposition throwing the match???

:confused:

Nope - unfortunately!

As far as I can gather, the probe is into certain games from previous seasons involving irregular betting patterns and mainly involving teams of eastern european origin.

Although many will consider that the mighty hawrts are the jewel in mad vlad's crown :wink:, he does have an interest in other teams as well - now don't he?!

jgl07
26-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Nope - unfortunately!

As far as I can gather, the probe is into certain games from previous seasons involving irregular betting patterns and mainly involving teams of eastern european origin.

Well Hearts are certainly of Eastern European origin!

O'Rourke3
26-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Kaunas hardly threw the tie against Rangers - better lines to get into the Jambos than this one.

CalgaryHibs
26-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Mmmm. Are you thinking what I'm thinking (or hoping!)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mad Vlad's teams have been involved somewhere along the line.

Seriously - the whole credibility of the game has now been called into question. If the allegations are proved then the clubs involved should be banned for a considerable period of time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8275957.stm

This subject seams to be the sporting news more and more and since the "Juventus" scandle UEFA have step up there research on ALL FITBA leagues.