PDA

View Full Version : Diving

sunshine1875
25-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Apologies if posted before, but the Huns and Mini-Huns, both diving on Wednesday.

Boyd - 1:10 mins in http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8268055.stm

Obua - 1:40 mins in http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8268053.stm

I thought our penalty was a bit soft at the time, but a stonewaller compared to the Mini-Huns one.

HibbyAndy
25-09-2009, 09:24 PM
IMHO Kris Boyd IS the biggest cheat there is in the Scottish game..ive watched this man on numerous occasions now and the big twirp never fails to let me down.

Every game against Hibs that ive seen all he wants to do is go to ground.. he's on a par (actually worse) with his team mate Lee Mculloch..Lee Miller and Chris Sutton, you watch this guy off the ball and you will see he's a fraud..everytime the ball gets played to him from a kickout he's not even interested where the ball is, he's more interested in using his elbows and conning the ref by throwing himself to the ground EXACTLY like Lee Miller.

How Steven Whittaker can keep a straight face and come out with this guff in the paper today and stress KB is not a diver/cheat is utterly beyond belief..and as it goes that applys to Mark Hateley to in the same paper!.

KB's dive against QOTS was comical..Eduardo got slaughtered from every angle in every paper and every channel (quite right too!) yet Boyd gets away with ****all..so Gordon Smith i ask you... will KB get hauled infront of UEFA?! ehh thought not you hun twat!.

Rant over..ive seen many many a cheat in the game..even for our beloved team, but KB IMHO is the biggest cheat currently in Scottish fitba..seriously, watch this guy offball and you will understand.

The Beastie Bus
25-09-2009, 09:31 PM
IMHO Kris Boyd IS the biggest cheat there is in the Scottish game..ive watched this man on numerous occasions now and the big twirp never fails to let me down.

Every game against Hibs that ive seen all he wants to do is go to ground.. he's on a par (actually worse) with his team mate Lee Mculloch..Lee Miller and Chris Sutton, you watch this guy off the ball and you will see he's a fraud..everytime the ball gets played to him from a kickout he's not even interested where the ball is, he's more interested in using his elbows and conning the ref by throwing himself to the ground EXACTLY like Lee Miller.

How Steven Whittaker can keep a straight face and come out with this guff in the paper today and stress KB is not a diver/cheat is utterly beyond belief..and as it goes that applys to Mark Hateley to in the same paper!.

KB's dive against QOTS was comical..Eduardo got slaughtered from every angle in every paper and every channel (quite right too!) yet Boyd gets away with ****all..so Gordon Smith i ask you... will KB get hauled infront of UEFA?! ehh thought not you hun twat!.

Rant over..ive seen many many a cheat in the game..even for our beloved team, but KB IMHO is the biggest cheat currently in Scottish fitba..seriously, watch this guy offball and you will understand.

Because his morals went out the window the day he joined that shower.
I echo your sentiments about Boyd

lapsedhibee
25-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Apologies if posted before, but the Huns and Mini-Huns, both diving on Wednesday.

Boyd - 1:10 mins in http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8268055.stm

Obua - 1:40 mins in http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8268053.stm

I thought our penalty was a bit soft at the time, but a stonewaller compared to the Mini-Huns one.

Like the way that the Fat Hun puts his hand up straightaway, as if to acknowledge "I cheated, but I cheated so badly that I'm not really wanting the pen". As for Obua, that's just hilarious. :bitchy:

Hibercelona
25-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Cheating Hearts c**ts!! :grr: :grr: :grr:

Criswell
25-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Thought i'd throw in a bit of controversy here. Once again "diving" has reared it's ugly head (sorry for mangled metaphor!) But can any team honestly say it's players have never resorted to this form of cheating/gamesmanship whatever you want to call it.

The reason I say this is because I am of a vintage that remembers Eric Stevenson in the sixties, who, even to my pre-pubescent eyes, was clearly "at it"

Having said that he is the only player at ER I can remember being a serial offender, and compared to some other clubs (guess who!) our record is not bad.

One Day
25-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Thought The reason I say this is because I am of a vintage that remembers Eric Stevenson in the sixties, who, even to my pre-pubescent eyes, was clearly "at it"

Having said that he is the only player at ER I can remember being a serial offender, and compared to some other clubs (guess who!) our record is not bad.

But he was very, very good at it

gogs_t
26-09-2009, 12:39 AM
But he was very, very good at it

Can just about remember Eric Stevenson playing but can't remember his "falling over" tendencies!

However, one example I remember quite vividly of a Hibs player cheating is Gordon Durie kicking the ground to get his jolt to win us a penalty against Cowdenbeath in a League Cup game at ER. It wasn't as if we were struggling as we were 4 -0 up at the time and even the guys in the cowshed - quite rightly - jeered him.

What bugs me more than the players cheating is some players and ex-players in the TV studios trying to justify it. While I admire their honesty, I find it quite disturbing that they admit they would maybe do the same in similar situations. From memory, I know I've heard Robbie Earl, Steve Staunton and Andy Walker (who cares about his oppinion to be honest) say the stakes are so high they'd probably (and undoubtably have) do the same.

You get the feeling that the players complaining about a guy going down when there's nobody within 5 feet of him should be congratulating him on his superb performance in conning the referee as it's all part of the game.

I'm sorry but cheating's cheating and it makes no difference the club a player plays for - he should be hammered.
But when you have respected figures in the game such as Sir Alex, Arsene Wenger, Saint Tony and Uncle Wattie defending their players when they know damn fine they've taken a tumble when somebody in seat Z5 of the family enclosure has sneezed without covering their mouth, what chance is there?!? :bitchy: