PDA

View Full Version : Mcallister boyd etc etc

franco
25-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Imagine gary mcallister rejecting a scotland job the likes of him boyd of rangers ,mcgregor , theyu should never spout another word about scottish football cos at the end of the day they should be ashamed to say they are scottish let national side down big time -- rant over lol:greengrin

greenlex
25-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Maybe McAlistar is looking for a club job so he can be involved day to day rather tan once in a blue moon when Scotland get together. Bit OTT if you ask me.

franco
25-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Maybe but i have a long memory and remember him slagging off easter rd when we were playing a scotland match there many moons ago maybe im biased but i think he should hane been called richard well short for richard is :wink:

jodjam
25-09-2009, 06:38 PM
don't think McAllister letting Scotland down. Can't say same about that elbow flying halfwit who even gets dropped for big games in Europe by his club side.

If Only
25-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Imagine gary mcallister rejecting a scotland job the likes of him boyd of rangers ,mcgregor , theyu should never spout another word about scottish football cos at the end of the day they should be ashamed to say they are scottish let national side down big time -- rant over lol:greengrin

After the way the Scottish fans treated him its no wonder that McAllister told the powers that be to take a flying .... to themselves

bigwheel
25-09-2009, 06:52 PM

er..maybe he wants to a different job?? do people in football as a career not get a choice these days?

sevenil
25-09-2009, 07:36 PM
He'll maybe come to regret his decision in time, his chances of landing the level of position he seems to expect, are getting slimmer.
What is maybe more relevant is that here is another occasion where Gordon 'big shot' Smith has opened his mouth without needing to. So thanks to him, filling the position now become more difficult because everyone will know that they're only a 2nd or 3rd choice.

The SFA should demand their money back from the Headhunting firm that apparently suggested big mouth as the ideal candidate for Chief Exec. He'd struggle to run a village sweetie shop.

Frazerbob
25-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Maybe but i have a long memory and remember him slagging off easter rd when we were playing a scotland match there many moons ago maybe im biased but i think he should hane been called richard well short for richard is :wink:

He didn't slag off ER, he suggested that the WC qualifier against Lithuania should be moved to Parkhead as it was a win or bust match to get us to France 98. It was moved and we ended up winning infront of a full house at Parkhead and went to the finals so I recon he was spot on.

A great player, better than any of the imposters currently playing and treated very badly by a section of the HOME Scotland support after his penalty miss at Wembeleee. I was also embarassed when his every touch was booed at ER during a pre-season friendly against Coventry IIRC. He was outstanding that day.

He has rejected the offer from the SFA because it is a part time possition and he is looking for a full time post with a club side. How you can compare him to Boyd etc is beyond me.

franco
26-09-2009, 02:39 AM
True enough im going to have to stay off them pints of stella on a friday afternoon :wink:

bobbyhibs1983
26-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Maybe McAlistar is looking for a club job so he can be involved day to day rather tan once in a blue moon when Scotland get together. Bit OTT if you ask me.

I m sure i read somewhere something alone those lines and well burley asked him if he d like to help coach scotland, part time but mcalistar said he was looking for a full time postion at the moment.

Im sure there are alot of good coaches out there though and with all due respect to mcalistar i dont think he is a coach, he is maybe more a manager and im sure there are alot of better coaches out there than him.