PDA

View Full Version : Arsene Wenger Comment

Mikeystewart
25-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I know one day it will happen when I have to live without football but you shouldn't live every day knowing you are going to die - you live knowing that you want to live." - Arsene Wenger

Liked this comment so much i thought id post it. taken from this article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8274019.stm

proud_and_green
25-09-2009, 11:53 AM
The Professor!!! Superb.

One of my favorite quotes is by Bob Marley:

"Football is a part of I, when i play the world wakes up around me".

Baw187
25-09-2009, 02:40 PM
IMO - Arsene Wenger is a complete jockey. Talks more pish than Chuckie.

Phil D. Rolls
25-09-2009, 02:42 PM

Shurely shome mishtake???!!???

Baw187
25-09-2009, 02:46 PM

Seriously ! He's a tool.

Spits out the same old keek season after season about having a young team, learning process, this season they'll step up to the mark.... :blah:

Always disliked him but then again I'm biased given my distain for Arsenal.

Broken Gnome
25-09-2009, 03:00 PM

If he avoids talking about his own team then you could probably listen to him talk about football all day. When he's in his (self-proclaimed) ultra defensive mode then it's a different story.

Haymaker
25-09-2009, 03:03 PM
I would take him at ER any day. The man is a genius.

Baader
25-09-2009, 03:16 PM
The man is a genius.

:agree: The purist's purist.

Haymaker
25-09-2009, 03:26 PM
:agree: The purist's purist.

I will *hopefully* get to meet him sometime this year... I will just shut up and listen to everything he says... :agree:

CB_NO3
25-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Arsene Wenger is a tit and always will be, he is very arrongant and he is the reason Arsenal are in their worst run in over 60 years. He only wants to play one style of football and dont get me wrong his team are great to watch but he cant change it when the going gets tough. Arsenal are miles behind Chelsea and Man Utd because when Man Utd come up against teams like Bolton etc they can grind out a win, same goes to Chelsea. Wenger refuses to change his style trying to walk the ball into the net all the time. He also quouted two years ago that Divers should be banned but when his own player Eduardo dives its a different ball game, make up your mind you tit. Am all for managers sticking up for their team etc but he constantly bigs up Arsenal when infact they aint very good.

As for talking more pish than Chuckie, I wouldn't go that far lol.

Mon Dieu4
25-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Arsene Wenger is a tit and always will be, he is very arrongant and he is the reason Arsenal are in their worst run in over 60 years. He only wants to play one style of football and dont get me wrong his team are great to watch but he cant change it when the going gets tough. Arsenal are miles behind Chelsea and Man Utd because when Man Utd come up against teams like Bolton etc they can grind out a win, same goes to Chelsea. Wenger refuses to change his style trying to walk the ball into the net all the time. He also quouted two years ago that Divers should be banned but when his own player Eduardo dives its a different ball game, make up your mind you tit. Am all for managers sticking up for their team etc but he constantly bigs up Arsenal when infact they aint very good.

Take it you dont like him then :faf:

stubru59
25-09-2009, 03:40 PM

I'll have some of that "aint very good" any day.

Mikeystewart
25-09-2009, 03:44 PM
It funny that only one post has actualy been about the quote rather than Mr Wenger himself. The thread isnt do you like Arsene Wenger i should have put do you like this comment.

banarc7062
25-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Seriously ! He's a tool.

Spits out the same old keek season after season about having a young team, learning process, this season they'll step up to the mark.... :blah:

Can't be all that bad then :greengrin

Perspective
25-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm a huge admirer of Arsene Wenger (sad enough to read two different books on him).

Here's a link to another great interview he gave recently
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1206393/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Yes-I-things-say-I-didnt--protect-players-Welcome-world-Arsene-Wenger.html

Woody1985
25-09-2009, 04:39 PM
The guy is deaf and blind.

I liked him during the Fergie Vs Wenger era but now he's just a slaver.

matty_f
25-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm a huge admirer of Arsene Wenger (sad enough to read two different books on him).

Here's a link to another great interview he gave recently
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1206393/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Yes-I-things-say-I-didnt--protect-players-Welcome-world-Arsene-Wenger.html

:thumbsup: Cracking read, cheers.

lapsedhibee
25-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Am all for managers sticking up for their team etc but he constantly bigs up Arsenal when infact they aint very good.

What colour is the sky in your world? :dunno:

HibbyAndy
25-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Arsene Wenger is an absolute top manager that plays the game the way it should be played.

You either like him or you dont..i could pick faults with every single manager.

The Beastie Bus
25-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I know one day it will happen when I have to live without football but you shouldn't live every day knowing you are going to die - you live knowing that you want to live." - Arsene Wenger

Liked this comment so much i thought id post it. taken from this article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8274019.stm

He's obviously just trying to get himself on a T-Shirt, to be honest it would sit well on a Philosophy Football top, however you canny beat the one from G.Best.
Hope ok to post link?
http://www.philosophyfootball.com/new_win.html

Hibercelona
25-09-2009, 09:06 PM

He's obviously just trying to get himself on a T-Shirt, to be honest it would sit well on a Philosophy Football top, however you canny beat the one from G.Best.
Hope ok to post link?
http://www.philosophyfootball.com/new_win.html

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.... The rest I just squandered"

Legend. :agree:

blackhibee
25-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Well although some on here seem to dislike him, he's always struck me as a very intelligent and highly articulate man who expresses himself well, even if you might not always agree with his interpretation of a particular game. I've always respected Arsene Wenger and I like the style of football Arsenal play. His comments mentioned in the opening post do not surprise me at all.

CB_NO3
25-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Well although some on here seem to dislike him, he's always struck me as a very intelligent and highly articulate man who expresses himself well, even if you might not always agree with his interpretation of a particular game. I've always respected Arsene Wenger and I like the style of football Arsenal play. His comments mentioned in the opening post do not surprise me at all.
Whats the point in playing pretty football, its a results business and Wenger aint had a result in 4 years as Arsenal boss. I know a few Arsenal fans who expect to win something this year, as they do every year and if not they would not be to unhappy if he left. There team is good enough to be challenging for titles and cups but Wengers arrogance and refusal to change tactics is what is holding them back and that is the facts. I can safely say they are already out this years title race. Its a brave thing to say I know but they wont win the league.

P.S I didn't mean to quote you btw.

Elreeko
25-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Can anyone on here question Arsene Wenger's record? I think there is a touch of jealousy with some of the replies as he has achieved a great deal whereas Hibs managers continually talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Hibercelona
25-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Whats the point in playing pretty football, its a results business and Wenger aint had a result in 4 years as Arsenal boss. I know a few Arsenal fans who expect to win something this year, as they do every year and if not they would not be to unhappy if he left. There team is good enough to be challenging for titles and cups but Wengers arrogance and refusal to change tactics is what is holding them back and that is the facts. I can safely say they are already out this years title race. Its a brave thing to say I know but they wont win the league.

Expecting to win something this year....
Good enough to challenge for cups and near top of table finish...
Playing good football most of the time in club history... but not getting results
A manager/managers who refuse to change tactics....
Won't be unhappy if the manager leaves....
Can safely say won't win the title or cups....

Sounds like a certain Scottish team I know. :boo hoo:

Chuckie
25-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Seriously ! He's a tool.

Such a type.. Why would a Hibs fan have anything but indifference towards an English club.. ? H m m m m m m ?

Chuckie
26-09-2009, 01:56 AM

W a a a a a a a a y.

The_Horde
26-09-2009, 04:09 AM
W a a a a a a a a y.

:love ya!:

Green_one
26-09-2009, 07:10 AM
I for one would love to see his methods work. I loath the Real / Man City model and this would take it right back to basics.

However it is unlikely to work and he is liable to either be pressured into changing or given the boot upstairs. A cup might save him. Problem is that fans now want to buy players. Even sides who have quality want the thrill of the big name etc. He needs to recall the unbeaten side of a few years back and remember he bought a lot of those.

Its not all his fault. I think the board think small as well, burdened as they were with the new stadium. Maybe a change of ownership would spark a different approach.

Mikeystewart
26-09-2009, 09:47 AM

P.S I didn't mean to quote you btw.

Is this a hibs forum :confused:

CB_NO3
26-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Is this a hibs forum :confused:
I think so.