PDA

View Full Version : Questions re TV footage from Tuesday night

Alicky Ranks
24-09-2009, 09:28 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8271425.stm

Just seen this for the first time. Having not seen any of our new players in the flesh so far, can somebody answer the following questions as the screen is too wee to make the players out:

Looked like not a bad move for the opening goal. Who fired in the initial shot which was parried by the keeper? And who passes up the chance to knock in the rebound after seemingly getting a shout from Stokes to leave it?

One other thing. If Riordan had scored his penalty does anyone who was there think we might have won? Was the game still an open affair at that stage or did Saints pretty much dominate all night bar the opening minute?

shamo9
24-09-2009, 09:34 PM

Just seen this for the first time. Having not seen any of our new players in the flesh so far, can somebody answer the following questions as the screen is too wee to make the players out:

Looked like not a bad move for the opening goal. Who fired in the initial shot which was parried by the keeper? And who passes up the chance to knock in the rebound after seemingly getting a shout from Stokes to leave it?

One other thing. If Riordan had scored his penalty does anyone who was there think we might have won? Was the game still an open affair at that stage or did Saints pretty much dominate all night bar the opening minute?
After they scored the equaliser they pretty much controlled the game with a few spells for Hibs on occasion.

We would probably have won had Riordan scored, it would have really demoralised them - the only difference from Saturday was that we weren't as ruthless in front of goal.

St Johnstone dominated both games, we just managed to sucker punch them in the first game. In the second we had opportunities but failed to convert (penalty, Stokes through on goal in the second half). It could've easily been 3-1 if you look at it like that.

Still not good enough, not by a long shot.

lapsedhibee
24-09-2009, 09:39 PM

McCormack
Miller

stubru59
24-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I'll answer the last question first. Purely in terms of how we performed on the night, Riordon missing the penalty was irrelevant.

The player leaving the ball for Stokes was (I'm sure) Miller.

The lead-up shot parried by the goalkeeper, was put in by McCormack.

el capitano
24-09-2009, 11:00 PM

the scary thing is that in 2 games against them(at home) we have scored 4 goals, 3 good strikes from outside the box and a goal inside the first minute of the match.
they could have scored 10 goals against us which i cant get my head around as when the chances they created happened we were all over the place as a team. usually at easter road we have a shape about us, goals we lose are usually cheap goals(mistakes from us) but the last 2 games we have been easily opened up and relied on us scoring great goals(not always gonna happen) instead of heaping lots of pressure on their goal.
this scares me