PDA

View Full Version : Yogi's Attitude.

Thecat23
24-09-2009, 08:57 AM
I sit just behind the away dugout and for most of the games Yogi has been screaming at players to be here, there and everywhere. I was told that Mcbride has said to him "i'm 28 years old, i know how to play the game so how about you stop shouting and let us get on with it".

I'm all in favour of a manager trying to pump up the players but is Yogi putting the players off? I for one would be a bit put off if my manager was screaming the whole way through the game. I also think alot of players don't really know were they are meant to be playing? You see him screaming get in here! Then they look at him in a very confused way!

Maybe it's just me! :duck:

persevere1875
24-09-2009, 09:08 AM
So would we all be impressed if Yogi stood there hands in pockets looking non plussed based on what we've seen so far ?? Personally I'd be pulling McBride aside and suggesting he learns to shut the F*** up till the team starts to deliver then he can spout of all he wants.. only my opinion though.

matty_f
24-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I sit just behind the away dugout and for most of the games Yogi has been screaming at players to be here, there and everywhere. I was told that Mcbride has said to him "i'm 28 years old, i know how to play the game so how about you stop shouting and let us get on with it".

I'm all in favour of a manager trying to pump up the players but is Yogi putting the players off? I for one would be a bit put off if my manager was screaming the whole way through the game. I also think alot of players don't really know were they are meant to be playing? You see him screaming get in here! Then they look at him in a very confused way!

Maybe it's just me! :duck:

I think it's just you.:agree:

Thecat23
24-09-2009, 09:36 AM
So would we all be impressed if Yogi stood there hands in pockets looking non plussed based on what we've seen so far ?? Personally I'd be pulling McBride aside and suggesting he learns to shut the F*** up till the team starts to deliver then he can spout of all he wants.. only my opinion though.

Not at all, I think it's good to see a manager trying to get his team playing well. But for 90 mins i think is a bit much to be screaming. Sometimes it's better to sit back take in where it's not working and then either have a word or change it. I would not have played the same team that won on sat, I would have had Galbriath, Zemmama, and Benji. Because we got lucky on sat. When they came on it brought pace to the side. Like you though, just my opinion.

bobbyhibs1983
24-09-2009, 09:47 AM
i think it is wrong for any manager to be in the dug out and shouting and screaming.I think the best managers sorta like encourage there players.If the layers need a boot up the you know where then its best either at h/t or after the match

Thecat23
24-09-2009, 09:56 AM
i think it is wrong for any manager to be in the dug out and shouting and screaming.I think the best managers sorta like encourage there players.If the layers need a boot up the you know where then its best either at h/t or after the match

Exactly what i think, HT or FT that's when you can rant and rave but maybe if he was trying to encourage rather than shout abuse the players would respond better.

Andy74
24-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Exactly what i think, HT or FT that's when you can rant and rave but maybe if he was trying to encourage rather than shout abuse the players would respond better.

And we know what it is he is saying do we?? :yawn:

Woody1985
24-09-2009, 10:08 AM
This was discussed on here a month or so back and they were both meant to be having a banter.

If you sit right behind him then surely you would have heard it rather than being told.

Thecat23
24-09-2009, 10:13 AM
And we know what it is he is saying do we?? :yawn:

What do you mean? At HT or During the game? Beacuse it's very clear it's abuse from where i sit. I'm 100% behind the manager don't get me wrong, all i'm saying is i think he could maybe go about it a wee bit better.

Thecat23
24-09-2009, 10:16 AM
This was discussed on here a month or so back and they were both meant to be having a banter.

If you sit right behind him then surely you would have heard it rather than being told.

As i said i don't sit right behind him it's the away dugout i sit, but do hear Yogi fairly well. I never heard it myself it was a player who told me this. If it's banter that's fair enough!

Woody1985
24-09-2009, 10:25 AM
As i said i don't sit right behind him it's the away dugout i sit, but do hear Yogi fairly well. I never heard it myself it was a player who told me this. If it's banter that's fair enough!

Sorry, skimming at work. :LOL:

Have a search. Was quite recent so you should be able to find it.

Certainly that thread came across as a more of a friendly / good relationship banter. I think you're correct in saying the reply Yogi got was along to the lines of STFU. :LOL:

givescotlandfreedom
24-09-2009, 10:31 AM
I sit behind the home dugout and have seen McBride and Riordan launch off at Yogi more than once - it's not banter. I've seen McBride go off at his team mates too which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Thecat23
24-09-2009, 10:37 AM
I sit behind the home dugout and have seen McBride and Riordan launch off at Yogi more than once - it's not banter. I've seen McBride go off at his team mates too which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

We need a leader on the park who will do the shouting and someone who can get stuck in. If we had that maybe Yogi can chill a bit! Like you said not a bad thing that Mcbride is having a go at other players. :agree:

stubru59
24-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Having watched nearly all the games so far I can see where Hughes is coming from.

We have played well in patches, no more than that. My own frustration has centred around players not knowing what to do when not in possession of the ball.

Passes made to players covered, or passes hit in the general direction of no-one in particular.

Not putting opposition players under pressure. Creating pressure for ourselves by needlessly giving the ball away.

Could go on and on and I don't doubt Hughes has spelt this out to the players.

Nothing wrong in shouting at players to get the basics right. But sooner or later, if the message fails to get through, changes have to be made.

Phil D. Rolls
24-09-2009, 12:33 PM

Might fit in with Yogi's behaviour, but it sounds like a crock to me.