PDA

View Full Version : Youth under 12 players wanted

Pac Man
24-09-2009, 07:22 AM
I coach for a Musselburgh based team (not Windsor) and this year is a "progressive" season where the boys make the transition from 7's to 11's. We currently have two 7 a side squads which, at present doesnt give us enough players for two 11 a side teams but too many for just one so we are looking to recruit players with a view to going 11 a side. We give all the boys a fair chance and consider ourselves a family club.

If anyone is interested drop me a PM.

Cheers, Paul

number 27
24-09-2009, 10:28 AM
If that is "Youngstars" you are talking about then I would recommend them to any parent. They are a really nicely run wee club :agree:

Pac Man
24-09-2009, 11:41 AM
If that is "Youngstars" you are talking about then I would recommend them to any parent. They are a really nicely run wee club :agree:

It is and thanks for that m8.

:thumbsup:

bruno
24-09-2009, 11:49 AM
It is and thanks for that m8.

:thumbsup:

Perhaps a well run team but when my sons team played them recently no knowledge of fair play by a coach and random parent alledgedly running the line, and quite honestly the worst, laziest referee that I have ever seen.

Compunded to make the game a complete nonsense which no boys from either side could have enjoyed despite the fact that the two teams were evenly matched in terms of ability and could have been an enjoyable game.

Pac Man
24-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Matter of opinion of course.

Please do not drag a thread offering young players an opportunity to play football onto another subject alltogether.

scotia44
24-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Perhaps a well run team but when my sons team played them recently no knowledge of fair play by a coach and random parent alledgedly running the line, and quite honestly the worst, laziest referee that I have ever seen.

Compunded to make the game a complete nonsense which no boys from either side could have enjoyed despite the fact that the two teams were evenly matched in terms of ability and could have been an enjoyable game.

Have a go at the ref, the opposition, the coaches :blah:

:dummytit:

Andy74
24-09-2009, 12:21 PM

You Jambos can't get enough of that sort of stuff can you?

number 27
24-09-2009, 12:28 PM

I'm sure that is not true, the ref was not lazy at all. It was in fact a GFA conspiracy to stop your sons team from marching on to global domination.:blah::blah:

bruno
24-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Matter of opinion of course.

Please do not drag a thread offering young players an opportunity to play football onto another subject alltogether.

Of course matter of opinion which I am entitled to.

Nothing to do with the team I support in senior football more so the team I support in my son's league.

I would advise a parent to watch how a team's coaches and parents conduct themselves at a match before letting him play for them that is all.
And in my opinion, obviously my own opinion I would not wish my son to play for a team that displayed those qualities that day.

marinello59
24-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Nothing to do with the team I support in senior football more so the team I support in my son's league.

I would advise a parent to watch how a team's coaches and parents conduct themselves at a match before letting him play for them that is all.
And in my opinion, obviously my own opinion I would not wish my son to play for a team that displayed those qualities that day.

People taking the time to organise kids fitba or any youth activites for that matter should get encouragement , not sniping from the sidelines. Perhaps you could take up Reffing to replace the lazy guy whose partcipation ensured that there was a match for your son to play in at all?

Pac Man
24-09-2009, 04:37 PM
People taking the time to organise kids fitba or any youth activites for that matter should get encouragement , not sniping from the sidelines. Perhaps you could take up Reffing to replace the lazy guy whose partcipation ensured that there was a match for your son to play in at all?

Thank you.

Not sure why this generated into an anti Hearts thread at one point I never made any reference to them, presumably because this was my first post?

number 27
25-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Thank you.

Not sure why this generated into an anti Hearts thread at one point I never made any reference to them, presumably because this was my first post?

That was not directed at you but rather at the ungracious poster who saw fit to take a pop at a smashing little boys team on the basis of one incident. He is identified as a Hearts fan as you could probably guess from the tone of his post. Whether you are a hibs fan or not I think most of us wish you well with your team.:agree:

in-me-pocket
25-09-2009, 11:36 AM
That was not directed at you but rather at the ungracious poster who saw fit to take a pop at a smashing little boys team on the basis of one incident. He is identified as a Hearts fan as you could probably guess from the tone of his post. Whether you are a hibs fan or not I think most of us wish you well with your team.:agree:

rubbish.

Why would most of us wish his son's team well when most of us will no doubt be like Bruno and support another team ?

absolute garbage

in-me-pocket
25-09-2009, 11:37 AM

oh aye. come on then, who ? Hutchie ? Tynie ? Salvie ? AC Oxgangs 4th Team ? who ?

Pac Man
25-09-2009, 11:51 AM
rubbish.

Why would most of us wish his son's team well when most of us will no doubt be like Bruno and support another team ?

absolute garbage

Regardless of being associated with a club I would wish any youth team well, as one poster said earlier, anyone who gives up there own time to coach one of these teams deserves credit. Maybe I'm not as small minded as some though.

in-me-pocket
25-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Regardless of being associated with a club I would wish any youth team well, as one poster said earlier, anyone who gives up there own time to coach one of these teams deserves credit. Maybe I'm not as small minded as some though.

Not if they're cheats as Bruno suggests surely

Hibercelona
25-09-2009, 12:13 PM

How can you accuse an under 12's team of cheating? :confused:

EH6 Hibby
25-09-2009, 12:16 PM
rubbish.

absolute garbage

oh aye. come on then, who ? Hutchie ? Tynie ? Salvie ? AC Oxgangs 4th Team ? who ?

:wtf:

This is youth football we're talking about here isn't it? :confused:

Isaac_Refvik
25-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Thank you.

Quite agree, going way off topic.....however there is a Paul who trains that age group, who is a Jambo, is there not?

Phil D. Rolls
25-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Before you know it you'll need Disclosure Scotland's permission before you post on Hibs.net. It's PC gone mad!

marinello59
25-09-2009, 03:06 PM
How on earth does a thread designed to attract KIDS to play Fitba end up in a snipefest?:confused:
Thread closed, anybody interested please PM the Opening Poster.