Baldy Foghorn
23-09-2009, 09:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/table/default.stm

for info.

Out of the Cup (for info)

Hibee_Rab
23-09-2009, 09:15 PM
SO when he says something positive you feel the need to bring up something negative:confused:

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Still in the bigger cup (for info)

noz
23-09-2009, 09:18 PM

for info.

whats your point exactly? False position in my opinion. Weve played the numpty teams (xcept celtic), and weve struggled in all of them. Lets have a look at the position after 11 games.

Irish_Steve
23-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Still in the bigger cup (for info)

but probably not for much longer (just to be negative for the sake of being negative)

California-Hibs
23-09-2009, 09:19 PM
whats your point exactly? False position in my opinion. Weve played the numpty teams (xcept celtic), and weve struggled in all of them. Lets have a look at the position after 11 games.

negative negative negative

Gatecrasher
23-09-2009, 09:22 PM

How many top managers players and coaches say the league doesn't lie, if we are there after 38 games we will have earned it just as we have at the moment

Baldy Foghorn
23-09-2009, 09:25 PM
SO when he says something positive you feel the need to bring up something negative:confused:

FWIW I knew we are 3rd in the league, but have not been playing well all season, and don't feel very positive about the situation at present.....

OK with you???????

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Good!

Usually Hibs struggle against the bottom teams and lose against every single one of them.

Is it not typical for hibs to play poor against bottom 6 teams and lose to them... and play well against the top 6 teams?

The only potential top 6 side we've played this season has been Celtic... and i'm sure everyone will agree that it was our best permormance.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2009, 09:29 PM

Agreed.

Whilst I would rather be 3rd than sitting near the bottom of the league, it will be interesting to see where we are after we have played everyone.

We have yet to play Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen and, with the exception of Rangers, these will be the teams that we will be competing against for 3rd place so, as I say, it will be very interesting to see where we lie in the table after we have met these sides.

If we are still 3rd or within touching distance of 3rd by November then I will be extremely happy.

Cabbage1875
23-09-2009, 09:32 PM
negative negative negative
Realistic realistic realistic.

Long time reader of .net and regular poster over on Pie&Bovril I've decided to register here...

Last night's debacle has been coming for weeks for me, we have not played well at all since the start of the season and it is my view that we are lucky to be where we are.

There are many things wrong at the moment, but I won't air them here in this positive thread :cool2:

California-Hibs
23-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Long time reader of .net and regular poster over on Pie&Bovril I've decided to register here...

Last night's debacle has been coming for weeks for me, we have not played well at all since the start of the season and it is my view that we are lucky to be where we are.

There are many things wrong at the moment, but I won't air them here in this positive thread :cool2:

Realistic? Ok yes we are out the league cup, but on the other hand we are 3rd in the league. Reguardless of folk saying ''oh but its by luck that we find ourselfs there'' etc, it doesnt change the fact that we ARE 3rd in the league. For the record the performances against St Mirren and Falkirk we'rent that bad at all :confused: Especially the Falkirk game. Stokes had a fair few chances in that game and it could have been alot more than 1-3!
Can no one see the positives from those games either? Remembering we came from a goal down in them both and still won??? :confused: :confused:
Some Hibs fans out there, a tell ya... :dizzy:

Hibee_Rab
23-09-2009, 09:39 PM
FWIW I knew we are 3rd in the league, but have not been playing well all season, and don't feel very positive about the situation at present.....

OK with you???????

Yeah fair does but remember try to enjoy yourself watching the hibs:thumbsup: It's only early days with hughes at the moment and some good player have been brought in (the morrocans aswell) so lets just get behind them for the moment and see what they can do.

noz
23-09-2009, 09:41 PM

welcome! Just saying that cos you posted what I was about to say, that Im just being realistic.

HibbyAndy
23-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Hibs in every game this season have been shight....st.midden with 10 men were very unlucky against us.

Falkirk away...why did we not turn up in the 1st half?.

Celtic...OK tad unlucky.

Hamilton..Thats Hibs for you!!!

St.J's...could anyone argue if we werent 3 doon in the 1st ten mins?

St.J again in LC...JH say's they wanted it more?! WTF!!!... your MR motivater..never out the media/paper telling all and sundray that YOUR Hibs team will not be beaten for effort etc...Hibs have not dominated one match this season!!!... I refer to Toaods in a previous post... if Hibs lose to Motherwell on Saturday then IMO the alarm bells will start ringing... followed by Dundee utd to ER the next week..who would be a manager!

Sort it pronto!

IWasThere2016
23-09-2009, 09:42 PM

for info.

The have patience/Yogi's no had enough time line is being used by many but then the we're 3rd after 5 games is rolled out :confused: We cannot win the effing thing! We should focus on the cups .. so far its 100% failure

noz
23-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Good!

Usually Hibs struggle against the bottom teams and lose against every single one of them.

Is it not typical for hibs to play poor against bottom 6 teams and lose to them... and play well against the top 6 teams?

The only potential top 6 side we've played this season has been Celtic... and i'm sure everyone will agree that it was our best permormance.

wot a daft post. So your saying because we dont normally play well against the lesser teams, we should accept that? No, we should be looking to improve surely.

Cabbage1875
23-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Realistic? Ok yes we are out the league cup, but on the other hand we are 3rd in the league. Reguardless of folk saying ''oh but its by luck that we find ourselfs there'' etc, it doesnt change the fact that we ARE 3rd in the league. For the record the performances against St Mirren and Falkirk we'rent that bad at all :confused: Especially the Falkirk game. Stokes had a fair few chances in that game and it could have been alot more than 1-3!
Can no one see the positives from those games either? Remembering we came from a goal down in them both and still won??? :confused: :confused:
Facts are facts mate, we have played some pretty poor teams so far, and have not looked convincing at any point (hmm Falirk was possibly the most comfortable but even then...) in these games for me.

I just feel we can be set up better to dominate these games, we have good players but they arent being utilised to their full potential at the moment.

One example would be Derek Riordan. Gone are the days where he can beat a man with a bit of pace and whip a cross in/get a shot away out on the left hand side. I think its time to get him in the centre as a striker with a striking partner, linking up with people in an area that can hurt teams. Deeks and Stokes have shown small glimpses that a partnership could be forming, but in the current system they arent able to be close enough together often enough. He is being wasted and is visibly getting frustrated by it. Just one example there, there are more I think. :greengrin

It's not unreasonable to think we would beat St Johnstone at home in the cup, is it? In reality we were well and truly brushed aside, and that in tandem with the performance and lack of heart at Hamilton, worries me greatly.:duck:

Cabbage1875
23-09-2009, 09:52 PM
welcome! Just saying that cos you posted what I was about to say, that Im just being realistic.
Cheers for the welcome mate, and HibbyAndy I am in agreement with yourself. :top marks

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 10:04 PM
wot a daft post. So your saying because we dont normally play well against the lesser teams, we should accept that? No, we should be looking to improve surely.

I never said anywhere that we should accept it. :confused:

But its always been the Hibs way.

So I don't see why anyone is jumping on their high horses about it.

Cabbage1875
23-09-2009, 10:07 PM
I never said anywhere that we should accept it. :confused:

But its always been the Hibs way.

So I don't see why anyone is jumping on their high horses about it.
This statement annoys me. Most of our players are new to the club, why should we accept 'it's the Hibs way'. Why can't we expect (and strive) to be better than that?

Mag7
23-09-2009, 10:28 PM
This statement annoys me. Most of our players are new to the club, why should we accept 'it's the Hibs way'. Why can't we expect (and strive) to be better than that?

This does my head in too. Never ceases to amaze me how many fans seem content to react to a pathetic defeat with a shrug of the shoulders and a 'typical Hibs eh?' If the fans are content to regard dismal performances and defeats to sides we should beat as 'the Hibs way' then no wonder the players don't seem to care too much.

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 10:32 PM

Thats the question that goes through the mind of every single Hibs fan.

Hibs always look to be making progress, then there is always a set back.... then we start making progress all over again.

Its frustrating to accept, but thats the way things just are at Hibs.

Gatecrasher
23-09-2009, 10:33 PM

This does my head in too. Never ceases to amaze me how many fans seem content to react to a pathetic defeat with a shrug of the shoulders and a 'typical Hibs eh?' If the fans are content to regard dismal performances and defeats to sides we should beat as 'the Hibs way' then no wonder the players don't seem to care too much.

who says we are happy about it though, i would say most if not all hibs fans were pretty pissed off with what happened last night, it is yogi's job to stop things like last night from happening, but what you have to accept is that hibs have a tendancy to drop points in games against so called lesser opposition, we have no right just to turn up and beat hamilton or st johnstone etc, we have to work at it and hopefully things like that will happen less.

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 10:35 PM

Do you honestly think the players care about what the fans think? :confused:

Some of the players get paid 5k a week ffs.

They would have a right cheek to expect the stadium to be full of fans week in and week out when they are simply not putting the effort in.

If you work for a business and you don't peform, you lose customers.

Mag7
23-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Do you honestly think the players care about what the fans think? :confused:

Some of the players get paid 5k a week ffs.

They would have a right cheek to expect the stadium to be full of fans week in and week out when they are simply not putting the effort in.

If you work for a business and you don't peform, you lose customers.

Yes, voting with your feet and not going to games is one way of showing your displeasure, but what I meant was that if the players know fine well that most of the fans who did turn up last night simply walk away into the night muttering 'ah well, it's the Hibs way', they ain't ever going to worry too much about losing and, more importantly, under-performing. Yes, the manager ultimately carries the can for poor performances but IMHO fans could help him by REALLY letting the players know what they think of them. If, for example, we all stormed round to the players entrance after shocking displays like last night and showered them with pelters as they left the ground it would sure open their eyes a bit! Much as I despise the Old Firm, you can be sure that when Rangers or Celtic hit a downward spiral there will be plenty of fans willing to demonstrate and demand better. Knowing that there's a high level of expectation on their shoulders can surely only help a player focus on turning in a wholly committed peformance. If they know they can get away with mediocrity then most will happily embrace it.

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Yes, voting with your feet and not going to games is one way of showing your displeasure, but what I meant was that if the players know fine well that most of the fans who did turn up last night simply walk away into the night muttering 'ah well, it's the Hibs way', they ain't ever going to worry too much about losing and, more importantly, under-performing. Yes, the manager ultimately carries the can for poor performances but IMHO fans could help him by REALLY letting the players know what they think of them. If, for example, we all stormed round to the players entrance after shocking displays like last night and showered them with pelters as they left the ground it would sure open their eyes a bit! Much as I despise the Old Firm, you can be sure that when Rangers or Celtic hit a downward spiral there will be plenty of fans willing to demonstrate and demand better. Knowing that there's a high level of expectation on their shoulders can surely only help a player focus on turning in a wholly committed peformance. If they know they can get away with mediocrity then most will happily embrace it.

Like every other fan, I want us to do something about it.

But like every other fan, I probably won't do anything about it.

So whats the point saying that we should do this and we should do that, if none of the fans are ever going to stand up and make sure they get their point across?

One thing that really peevs me off is, I see hibby's on here and other hibby's in general talking about making a stand and being heard.... but nobody (not one person) actually bothers to stand up and make their point heard.

I don't usually bother getting into these "stand up and be heard" discussions, because I know they are just a complete waste of time as they never actually go anywhere.

It's a shame, I want them to, but they never will.

Mag7
23-09-2009, 11:25 PM

So whats the point saying that we should do this and we should do that, if none of the fans are ever going to stand up and make sure they get their point across?

One thing that really peevs me off is, I see hibby's on here and other hibby's in general talking about making a stand and being heard.... but nobody (not one person) actually bothers to stand up and make their point heard.

I don't usually bother getting into these "stand up and be heard" discussions, because I know they are just a complete waste of time as they never actually go anywhere.

You're right. And that's why we have to accept that by and large mediocrity will always be the norm. I'm not criticising anyone here, nor urging people to demonstrate every time there's a crap result. I'm just saying if fans COULD motivate themselves to let players know what they REALLY feel I think we'd see a lot fewer poor performances.

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 11:26 PM
You're right. And that's why we have to accept that by and large mediocrity will always be the norm. I'm not criticising anyone here, nor urging people to demonstrate every time there's a crap result. I'm just saying if fans COULD motivate themselves to let players know what they REALLY feel I think we'd see a lot fewer poor performances.

:agree:

Steve20
24-09-2009, 06:02 AM

We were rubbish against Falkirk and only won thanks to Derek Riordan's two bits of magic.

Jim44
24-09-2009, 06:07 AM
We are seriously mediocre, and that's it for me.

marinello59
24-09-2009, 06:51 AM
We were rubbish against Falkirk and only won thanks to Derek Riordan's two bits of magic.

Is that the same Derek Riordan that some think should be dropped immediately?:devil:

Steve20
24-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Is that the same Derek Riordan that some think should be dropped immediately?:devil:

That's the very one. I suppose they are right. Why would we want to play a 20 goal a season player, who can turn a game with a bit of magic? :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
24-09-2009, 07:27 AM

Have a chat with the Aberdeen fans on this might get some pointers in what not to do...

Baldy Foghorn
24-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Yeah fair does but remember try to enjoy yourself watching the hibs:thumbsup: It's only early days with hughes at the moment and some good player have been brought in (the morrocans aswell) so lets just get behind them for the moment and see what they can do.

Hard to enjoy yourself whilst watching performances like at Hamilton, or St Johnstone on Tuesday....... Painful to watch at times.....

Mikeystewart
24-09-2009, 07:43 AM
just to think if we'd won at hamilton and snatahed a point of celtic :boo hoo:

Mikeystewart
24-09-2009, 07:50 AM
First 5 games

The season
W3 D0 L2

Last season
W2 D1 L2

Id call that improvement be it small and last season we didn't play any old firm team in the first 5. For anyone to say we have not improved as a squad or a team is off there head. We have got better just not to everyones expectations.

Mikeystewart
24-09-2009, 07:55 AM
another stat from the first 5 games

This year Scored 8 Conceded 5 Difference 3

Last year Scored 6 Conceded 6 Difference 0

bingo70
24-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Hard to enjoy yourself whilst watching performances like at Hamilton, or St Johnstone on Tuesday....... Painful to watch at times.....

There'll be more games like that ahead as well.

Huge amount of respect for guys like yourself that go every week, wish i could get the time off work and afford to do that, however after watching so much rubbish last season, did you really expect us to have turned it around 6 games into the season?

Mikeystewart
24-09-2009, 08:09 AM

Huge amount of respect for guys like yourself that go every week, wish i could get the time off work and afford to do that, however after watching so much rubbish last season, did you really expect us to have turned it around 6 games into the season?

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
24-09-2009, 08:26 AM

not turned it round no, but certainly to play with more cohesion and more endeavour:confused:

bingo70
24-09-2009, 08:29 AM
not turned it round no, but certainly to play with more cohesion and more endeavour:confused:

I think we're clearly attempting to play better football than last season, i think we're struggling with the new system but being realistic if i was offered this start to the season i'd have probably taken it, although i admit that as the season goes on i'll expect the performances to improve.

Phil MaGlass
24-09-2009, 08:31 AM
FWIW the times I have seen Hibs this year we have been average,to be average and still be third is quite an achievement in itself,lets see where we are after the first round of games.Anyhoos, I cant see us getting any worse than tuesday and I hope we get a bit more beefed up in defence and midfield. We should be playing players in their natural position rather than farting about with players out of position.How about playing the players in their natural position and just put a weeee bit of extra graft in for the areas we are lacking.Why play a player out of position, it then weakens the position he should be playing,if you get my drift and that weakens us over a wider area.