PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to next season

RIP
23-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Where do you think we will be by the start of next season?

Experience has shown us it is tantamount to a disaster constantly turning over the playing squad. You cannot hope to create a settled team when replacing half the players from last season

I'm hoping the following will happen

Maka recovers his place and is an ever present. His decision-making is better thanks to Scott Thompson's coaching
McCormack, McCann and Hanlon have a lot more experience and have bulked up their physique
Hogg is back to his player of the year best
Bamba has more confidence in his full backs and doesn't rush about trying to cover the whole box. More confident with Maka behind him
Murray is back to his midfield best
Zemmama and Benji are firing on all cylinders
Miller and Wotherspoon have built up a great understanding with Zemmama. All three are running at defences
Stokes and Riordan are playing for each other and the team
Sean Welsh, Lee Currie and Kurtis have all broken into the team

Oh and Rod is happy with our recent Scottish Cup run

The_Horde
23-09-2009, 01:54 PM

Experience has shown us it is tantamount to a disaster constantly turning over the playing squad. You cannot hope to create a settled team when replacing half the players from last season

I'm hoping the following will happen

Maka recovers his place and is an ever present. His decision-making is better thanks to Scott Thompson's coaching
McCormack, McCann and Hanlon have a lot more experience and have bulked up their physique
Hogg is back to his player of the year best
Bamba has more confidence in his full backs and doesn't rush about trying to cover the whole box. More confident with Maka behind him
Murray is back to his midfield best
Zemmama and Benji are firing on all cylinders
Miller and Wotherspoon have built up a great understanding with Zemmama. All three are running at defences
Stokes and Riordan are playing for each other and the team
Sean Welsh, Lee Currie and Curtis have all broken into the team

Oh and Rod is happy with our recent Scottish Cup run

Is this not the last year of his contract?

sesoim
23-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I'd hope we'll have signed a quality GK and released Maka. I also hope we've signed 2 or 3 defenders, allowing everybody who is currently in defence to play in their best positions.

I would also expect the likes of Rankin, Nish, Stevenson, the Falkirk duo and one or two others (Thicot, Benji) to be heading out the door to pay for the new signings.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I'd hope we'll have signed a quality GK and released Maka. I also hope we've signed 2 or 3 defenders, allowing everybody who is currently in defence to play in their best positions.

I would also expect the likes of Rankin, Nish, Stevenson, the Falkirk duo and one or two others (Thicot, Benji) to be heading out the door to pay for the new signings.

Then they will need time to bed in, and probably giving us another transitional season while we wait for it.:greengrin

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 02:40 PM

6th place?

Maybe 5th, if Falkirk get relegated. :cool2:

sesoim
23-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Then they will need time to bed in, and probably giving us another transitional season while we wait for it.:greengrin

Probably. Unless Hughes can sort the team out in January, which would mean paying more players to leave early (again!)

HibeeB
23-09-2009, 02:51 PM
6th place?

Maybe 5th, if Falkirk get relegated. :cool2:

What if Dundee get promoted :cool2: