PDA

View Full Version : Things that need addressed.

CallumLaidlaw
23-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Yogi quickly needs to address the following -

*Stack aiming every kick to Riordan, who doesnt win ther ball in the air. Surely would be better getting the fullbacks or McBride to come short for it.

*Yes we now pass the ball more than last season, but it is almost robotic. Nobody seems to want to run with the ball. Also, we seem to pass the ball side to side across the back line, run out of options, then punt it forward aimlessly. The passing is so pedestrian. There is no urgency or movement.

*Yogi is so obsessed with playing a 4-3-3 will the fullbacks pushing forward, that we end up playing more like a 3-4-3 with McBride back covering. We need to use a basic 4-4-2 before we cqan start getting fancy.

*He was brave in dropping Hogg, but will he be the same with the likes of Rankin & McBride. I would also say Riordan, but we cant afford to leave someone out who is capable of changing the game in a heartbeat.

*Throw-ins. We have been the same for years, but why cant we keep the ball from our own throw ins? Surely it is not difficult to get a bit of movement at a throw.

Any others?

I certainly ain't saying Yogi isn't the man for us, but he HAS to be man enough to admit when he's got something badly wrong.

He should look at Mixu and see where stubbornness got him.
He may like 4-3-3, but if it isn't working, then it needs changed. 4-4-2 would give us more width in midfield, without having to sacrifice our fullbacks too much.
I would rather see Galbraith taking the ball down the wing, with Hanlon behind him, than Hanlon getting lost up the wing with no cover behind him.
We have 2 VERY capable strikers up front. Lets just get the ball in to good positions, and give them service.

Thoughts?

CraigourHibee
23-09-2009, 12:53 PM

*Stack aiming every kick to Riordan, who doesnt win ther ball in the air. Surely would be better getting the fullbacks or McBride to come short for it.

*Yes we now pass the ball more than last season, but it is almost robotic. Nobody seems to want to run with the ball. Also, we seem to pass the ball side to side across the back line, run out of options, then punt it forward aimlessly. The passing is so pedestrian. There is no urgency or movement.

*Yogi is so obsessed with playing a 4-3-3 will the fullbacks pushing forward, that we end up playing more like a 3-4-3 with McBride back covering. We need to use a basic 4-4-2 before we cqan start getting fancy.

*He was brave in dropping Hogg, but will he be the same with the likes of Rankin & McBride. I would also say Riordan, but we cant afford to leave someone out who is capable of changing the game in a heartbeat.

*Throw-ins. We have been the same for years, but why cant we keep the ball from our own throw ins? Surely it is not difficult to get a bit of movement at a throw.

Any others?

I certainly ain't saying Yogi isn't the man for us, but he HAS to be man enough to admit when he's got something badly wrong.

He may like 4-3-3, but if it isn't working, then it needs changed. 4-4-2 would give us more width in midfield, without having to sacrifice our fullbacks too much.
I would rather see Galbraith taking the ball down the wing, with Hanlon behind him, than Hanlon getting lost up the wing with no cover behind him.
We have 2 VERY capable strikers up front. Lets just get the ball in to good positions, and give them service.

Thoughts?

I'm agreeing with everthing you're saying :agree:

RoscoHibby
23-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Totally agree. Especially re. Stack booting it up to Riordan, he wins about 2 headers a season FFS, what was that all about :bitchy:

ronaldo7
23-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Last night was pretty dire to say the least.

The problems that I saw were Bamba's distribution, or lack of it, and nobody from the Midfield getting forward and running past the opposition into attacking areas of the field.

We could have had McBride holding whilst Wotherspoon and Miller got forward.

It looks like they've all been told to Hold position in the midfield and let the forwards get on with it...Not good enough.

Ant was also making good runs along the line but nobody would pass the ball at the correct time to enable him to spring the offside.

We will have to up our game for Saturday as Motherwell have some good youngsters all running for each other.

Jones28
23-09-2009, 07:20 PM

Any others?

Thoughts?

Hardly think Mcbride has done anything to merrit being dropped :confused:

CraigourHibee
23-09-2009, 09:42 PM

You must be having a laugh:confused: Struggles to win the ball in any tackle and distribution was woeful last night, also caught in possession of the ball several times.

LamontHFC©
23-09-2009, 09:46 PM

Were you at the game last night?

3pm
23-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I think we are badly lacking in genuine pace, natural movement, a couple of genuine leaders as we are no way mentally strong enough, a proper hard man whether it be defensively or in midfield and a bit height and a genuine goal threat from midfield.

It can't all be addressed but some of it should be. We have a better quality of squad but we're lacking direction. As I say a 'leader of men' of would be my first shout follwed by a toughie. Someone to kick a few ***** when the chips are down - when we lose the first goal we're struggling. And I know we beat Falkirk but it appears most are going to beat them.

Jones28
13-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Were you at the game last night?

No, as a matter of fact. but have been to all the games at ER and to the Falkirk away game and Mcbride has performed excellently.

Every player has an off day, just unfortunate for us that most of our players ahd theirs last night.

Sir David Gray
13-10-2009, 03:38 PM
No, as a matter of fact. but have been to all the games at ER and to the Falkirk away game and Mcbride has performed excellently.

Every player has an off day, just unfortunate for us that most of our players ahd theirs last night.

:confused: What happened last night?

greenlex
13-10-2009, 03:39 PM

WTF that is all :confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
13-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Envelopes (unless they are SAE)...

lapsedhibee
13-10-2009, 07:00 PM
:confused: What happened last night?

We lost to St Johnstone. If Zemmama had been on earlier we would have had a better chance. Yogi out :agree:

Hibee_Rab
13-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Why is this on the front page? It was ages ago :confused:

Petrie's Tache
13-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Bump::hnetinq:

hibsitis
13-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Seeing as how this has been raised, you have to agree with some of the OP specifically Stack punting it up. You have to assume that he's doing this because he's been told to but it was pointless against Dundee United, especially minus Nish, not that that's a plea for playing him! We have been predictable and easy to defend when we build from the back every time but some variety is required.

Jones28
13-10-2009, 09:05 PM
WTF that is all :confused:

Yepp, thats pretty much how I see it. Mcbride can pass the ball and can put in good challenges. He has proven this throughout the season and will continue to do so. Hibs were pish against St Johnston and every player has off days, but Mcbride has proven he is a decent player in all games but one.

Jones28
13-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Seeing as how this has been raised, you have to agree with some of the OP specifically Stack punting it up. You have to assume that he's doing this because he's been told to but it was pointless against Dundee United, especially minus Nish, not that that's a plea for playing him! We have been predictable and easy to defend when we build from the back every time but some variety is required.

Otherwise agree 100% with that :agree:

ahibby
14-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I am more concerned now that Yogi doesn't use substitutes as per the Utd game. With them going down to ten men at the end surely fresh legs might have helped put them under more pressure?

RIP
14-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Will this still be the case when we play Motherwell away or Dundee United at home I wonder?

If Zemmama gets a game and Miller is selected in midfield we could try 3 in the middle with McBride at DM. Then we could see a ball-carrying three feeding our strikers and supporting our strike force.

If we remain undefeated after those two games - who knows - we could be sitting third by the time we play Killie on the 17th October?

Speedway
14-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Ultimately, I think, that if we work on these issues and train harder and longer during the week, we'll be better prepared and fitter come Matchday.

Cocaine&Caviar
14-10-2009, 11:16 AM

Thoughts?

Hasnt he done this?

Speedway
14-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Hasnt he done this?

Check the date of the post you're quoting, Rhys.

Cocaine&Caviar
14-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Silly me...