PDA

View Full Version : 5 games in.

cwilliamson85
23-09-2009, 12:35 PM
How do you feel the start of the season has gone?

League - 3rd - Played 5 (WON 3 DRAWN 0 LOST 2 GD 3 POINTS 9)

CIS - Out

Scottish Cup - Does it really exist

I feel the season has gone ok. A few speed bumps with a new manager, few new faces and trying out different formations.

Could be worse.

Could be a Jambo!

The_Todd
23-09-2009, 12:39 PM
5 games in and the only match I've come away from thinking we played well was the Celtic match. Of course, we lost that one in typical Hibs fashion.

RoscoHibby
23-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Must do better.

At least Hughes can see what most people on here can see, just basics of the game and attitude that need looked at.

Some exciting signings, but typical Hibs to build you up then only go and dissapoint :dummytit:

Exiled Hibby
23-09-2009, 01:34 PM
At the risk of sounding like one of those blinkered fans who think we have a god given right to win every game, except the OF where we would expect draws, I dont think we have done any better than we should have.
The 9 league points came from very winnable games, we lost to cellic, and got gubbed by the worst team in the league.
In the cis we beat Brechin and got well gubbed last night.
All in all, thats average at best, and not looking forward to playing the good teams unless things start gelling soon.
Despite my gloom, I really feel we have a decent team (with 1 or 2 weaknesses) and we just need to get the finger out and get guys like Stokes, Deek and the Moroccans working hard and producing

basehibby
23-09-2009, 06:37 PM
How do you feel the start of the season has gone?

League - 3rd - Played 5 (WON 3 DRAWN 0 LOST 2 GD 3 POINTS 9)

CIS - Out

Scottish Cup - Does it really exist

I feel the season has gone ok. A few speed bumps with a new manager, few new faces and trying out different formations.

Could be worse.

Could be a Jambo!

Disappointing to be out of the CIS, but the points total gathered in the league so far is satisfactory.
There's no doubt that general performances need to improve - we've looked a bit shaky in defence and we seem to have been outgrafted by some of our opponents (although this may be down to Hughes picking a 4-3-3 formation in part), but the football being played is a lot more cohesive than this time last year - we seem to have a master plan even if it's not being executed properly yet.
I'm fairly confident we'll see a bit more consistency edging in over the 1st quarter of the season and will go into the next round of games still in a position near the top end of the table.
So - overall - passmarks so far - but only just - improvement expected and needed if this season is to turn out to be a good one for the Hibees.