PDA

View Full Version : Yogi Has No Defence

smurf
23-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Going forward we have a lot in our locker but i'm not so sure that we have the creativity to ensure that we'll score more than we'll concede.

Our defence is a shambles. Goalkeeper and the entire back four. Individually and collectively.

As usual weak in goals.

No natural right back.

A kid at left back.

In the centre of defence we've already dropped our club captain. Bamba is far too impetuous in defence and would be better suited in the holding midfield role. Murray possibly better in midfield also or at left back.

To have such uncertainty over all 5 defensive positions is a recipe for disaster.

If Yogi is looking to build a side it ought to have been his first priority. All the evidence suggests this isn't the case and for that we're going to yet again face a season of mediocrity despite all the promise and potential.

Speedway
23-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Going forward we have a lot in our locker but i'm not so sure that we have the creativity to ensure that we'll score more than we'll concede.

Our defence is a shambles. Goalkeeper and the entire back four. Individually and collectively.

As usual weak in goals.

No natural right back.

A kid at left back.

In the centre of defence we've already dropped our club captain. Bamba is far too impetuous in defence and would be better suited in the holding midfield role. Murray possibly better in midfield also or at left back.

To have such uncertainty over all 5 defensive positions is a recipe for disaster.

If Yogi is looking to build a side it ought to have been his first priority. All the evidence suggests this isn't the case and for that we're going to yet again face a season of mediocrity despite all the promise and potential.

Agreed and interesting that Yogi and Mowbray, both defenders, have put out such comedy defences.

Big Frank
23-09-2009, 10:27 AM
A ****ing idiot could see that selling Jones would be a disaster. (even with a "replacement"). We spent bloody years waiting for a dominant central defender before we got the cup winning skipper.

We should have broke the bank to keep him. Made him an offer so good he couldn't turn it down. His own wage plus JJs plus obriens, and a hefty sign on.

Hogg for captain. Fraid not.

Hibernian have a good squad and some cracking players. Unfortunately people are being played out of position, and we have no balance.

Hopefully at Hibernian, those who can are scouring the country and beyond looking constantly for a quality keeper and defenders. I would like Hibernian to screw the balance sheet and next years accounts and dig deep to finance a quality keeper and 2 quality experienced defenders.

Hibernian have a large "can't be arsed no more" support out there. The returns to the club could be huge.

Loads of posters on the board keep ramming it home that Hibernian have "no right" to win games. (Supporting Hibernian for 30years, I can honestly put my hand on my h**rt and state that I've NEVER heard a Hibby say that
they have!!), but last night is nothing short of a joke.:agree:

erskine-hibby
23-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Agreed and interesting that Yogi and Mowbray, both defenders, have put out such comedy defences.

What!
You agree with him and not with me???

Bit two faced don't you think:wink:

Twa Cairpets
23-09-2009, 10:37 AM

In light of your other thread, interesting knee jerk reaction Speedway, eh?

J-C
23-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Listening to a couple of punters last night after the game in my cab, they didn't have a good word to say about anyone, patricularly the defence.

I have to agree, we have two young natural CH's playing left and right back, a guy who is a great utility player and our best midfielder last season in the middle and a keeper who's rooted to the ground whenever a cross comes near the box.

This just shows now how much we miss Jones and why we were all a bit disappointed when no one was signed to replace him. Hogg who had a decent season last year has certainly missed someone like Jones, someone who can command their area.

Speedway
23-09-2009, 12:24 PM
In light of your other thread, interesting knee jerk reaction Speedway, eh?

Making comment on Mowbray after 2.5 years? No, not really.

DaveF
23-09-2009, 01:14 PM

That's the most ironic thing about it all :greengrin

It was a major surpirse that Hughes didn't bring in a defender (or two) at the transfer window and we may well pay for that dearly in the months ahead unless he can sort it out.

Littlest Hobo
23-09-2009, 01:22 PM

As usual weak in goals.

No natural right back.

A kid at left back.

:top marks All the best teams build from the back.