PDA

View Full Version : Start of season/Now - How do you feel?

Mag7
23-09-2009, 08:51 AM
This board is a very different place now compared to the day we signed Anthony Stokes. But overall, do we remain optimistic?

Keith_M
23-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I voted that I was never optimistic so I should clarify it.

I didn't buy into the hype, mostly from some of the fans, that Yogi was some kind of messiah that would have us playing unbelievably silky football whilst brushing the lesser lights aside. We've seen it all before, ridiculous expectation followed by abject dissapointment.

My expectations were, and still are, at the level of hoping that the team would have some structure, play as a team and at least be competing for a European place at the end of the season. That when they lose, we can at least leave the stadium knowing that the players had done their best, the manger had set out a good formation and made substitutions at the right time.

However, my lack of optimism is based on the fact that my expectations are the same every season, but I almost always end up dissapointed.

The_Todd
23-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Put it this way, it's only September and I'm already grateful that the Ice Hockey season has started.

The Capitals don't always win, but they but in a proper shift from beginning to end in every match without fail. As others have said, it's not the results but the performances which is hard to take - and at least the Capitals put in the effort to earn their money. Sometimes when I watch Hibs I get the distinct impression they don't care.

Steve20
23-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I didn't think Yogi was the messiah or anything, but I was optimistic we would do better and put in a challenge for a place in europe. i no longer think we will.

I know we are third at the moment, but we have played four teams that will be bottom six and we have played very poor. 6th at best, unless the defence/midfield get sorted out asap.

joe breezy
23-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm very optimistic, this will of course turn to dissapointment if we don't win the Champions League within 5 years

Ryan91
23-09-2009, 02:25 PM
As an eternal optimist when it comes to pretty much everything except foregone conclusions in football. I voted that i'm perhaps not as optomistic as i was but hopefully Yogi gave them an earful last night about how poor we were and that will serve as a kick up the arse.

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I was optimistic and still am.

We all agreed that Yogi would need time to sort this squad out.

5 games in is not a lot of time.

I think we'll still finish in the top 6 this season. (although not 3rd)

And I think we'll be pushing for 3rd next season.

IWasThere2016
23-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I am not optimistic about Yogi and tbh the football - given the fact the quality of the squad has improved - is way off the mark.

There have also been numerous posts about no/poor atmosphere and wrong formations etc. The manager has also failed to address the replacement of Jones at CH. The latter point will cost us.

Andy74
23-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I am not optimistic about Yogi and tbh the football - given the fact the quality of the squad has improved - is way off the mark.

There have also been numerous posts about no/poor atmosphere and wrong formations etc. The manager has also failed to address the replacement of Jones at CH. The latter point will cost us.

Aye, my big worry is the work ethic and transalting their ability to the pitch.

We can have all the good players we want and all the great chat from the manager, but the simplest thing in the world, going out and applying yourself, is missing.

The other stuff you can work on, the defence, the passing and all that but if they simply are not producing the application that the manager has been banging on about since arriving it is a very bad sign.

The Hamilton game was a big wake up for me that this team might not be capable of listening to the manager or the manager is not up to implementing his ideas. Either way there's a problem of the most diffcult kind to sort.

I can't say that we are a poor team in terms of plaers, but we appear to be a poor TEAM.

gstarbry1875
23-09-2009, 04:00 PM
I voted for less optimistic but not panicking as yet!

We have the players to mount a serious challenge i feel but we are just not performing!

We never seem to be able to dominate teams, create chance after chance and play at a fast pace!

PISTOL1875
23-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I voted for less optimistic but not panicking as yet!

I knew it would take time for Yogi to get rid of the keek that Mixu left him and for Yogi to bring his own players in and play the way he wants to play with the players he wants...

The first season was always going to full of ups and downs..