PDA

View Full Version : Yogi (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 09:47 PM
4 midfielders brought in, a striker and a goalie - no defenders.

We already had Murray and Bamba for the midfield, why get McBride and Gregg?

Jones needed replacing but Yogi didn't think we had to or couldn't get anybody, big mistake.

RB had to be addressed but wasn't.

Yogi's not a newcomer so why the basic mistakes?

Jones28
22-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Perhaps thought that he had a few decent defenders in Hogg, Murray and Bamba? FWIW I think that Yogi has brought in some quality players, but on tonights eveidence he is still looking for the right combination at the back.

archiebald
22-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh how we need a center half to control the defence or it will happen every week,Hughes should at least admit we need one and he cant find one.THIS IS BAD :cool2:

Alicky Ranks
22-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I wonder if Rod Petrie is starting to worry about the cash he freed up for Yogi to use on players. Seems we've cleared a lot of dead wood and replaced it with new wood - of the lightweight balsa variety. How can a manager who constantly preaches passion for the game and will talk Hibs from dusk till dawn put a side on the pitch which seems to care not a jot for the game or the club?

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Behave yourself.

Speedway

Because we had no right sided players. Who is Gregg?

Jones needed replacing but Yogi didn't think we had to or couldn't get anybody, big mistake.

That's right, the money offered for Livesey wasn't enough for Carlisle to part with him.

Still being addressed.

Because buying a whole new team is not as easy as you make it out to be.

Hiber-nation
I wonder if Rod Petrie is starting to worry about the cash he freed up for Yogi to use on players. Seems we've cleared a lot of dead wood and replaced it with new wood - of the lightweight balsa variety. How can a manager who constantly preaches passion for the game and will talk Hibs from dusk till dawn put a side on the pitch which seems to care not a jot for the game or the club?

FFS he's had half a dozen games. We need stability at the club and I am sure he'll sort all this out if he's given the time he deserves. We've been pish for 2 years - it can't be turned around overnight.

Speedway
22-09-2009, 10:14 PM

Yes, he took his last club to the brink of relegation and this time, he won't make the same mistake. We'll go down for definite and when we do, it will be exactly what the fans deserve.

:bitchy:

Hibs90

Sniff.

Sammy7nil
far too early to judge

GC

Jesus Christ!

Wonder how this place would react if we ever had REAL problems at the club.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2009, 10:15 PM

Not you again - never give up do you?

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Because buying a whole new team is not as easy as you make it out to be.

It's all about priorities non?

zlatan
22-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Whilst it's still far to early for this kind of chat it is a genuine concern that he's not been able to get a decent performance, bar Celtic in spells, out of what I honestly think is the 3rd best squad in the league by some distance.

He's had more than enough time to come up with a system to suit but appears to have picked a rotten one and is reluctant to change it, I'm sure he will see the error of his ways soon though...

Davy Mac
22-09-2009, 10:17 PM

Aberdeen fans might be asking the same about Mark McGhee.

Nah, John Hughes will be fine but I would like to see a bit more talking and passion from somebody in the middle of the park.

Still think we need an experienced head somewhere in the team who can chivvy up the players etc when the going gets tough.

Mag7
22-09-2009, 10:19 PM

Exactly. The lack of passion in the second half of Collins' reign and for most of Mixu's tenure was depressing but this lot look like they couldn't care less.

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Mixu was inexperienced, Yogi isn't and claims to know what needs done.

Speedway
22-09-2009, 10:23 PM
It's all about priorities non?

Oui and we buy our new players according to the new manager's priorities coupled with who he can actually get and we take to the field with new players and new manager and are still crap.

What does this tell you?

Mag7
22-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Jesus Christ!

REAL problems will come soon enough on current evidence. We'll get beat on Saturday (by a side put together on a couple of brass buttons but by a manager who looks a lot more clued up than Yogi about how to get the best out of his players) and then watch us slide quickly into lowly Hearts territory.

borders.cabbage
22-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Aberdeen fans might be asking the same about Mark McGhee.

Nah, John Hughes will be fine but I would like to see a bit more talking and passion from somebody in the middle of the park.

Still think we need an experienced head somewhere in the team who can chivvy up the players etc when the going gets tough.
Ian Murray should be doing this, he was wearing the captains armband tonight wasn't he ?
Total lack of leadership tonight.

Alicky Ranks
22-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Jesus Christ!

We've had real problems ever since we won the cup in 2007 yet a lot on here seem to think finishing sixth three seasons running (in addition to crashing out of the CIS three seasons running to teams you'd expect to beat at home) is nothing to get bothered about. Folk also bemoan the lack of atmosphere at ER these days. Well if most the fans ain't really that bothered then why should the players be?

And yes, I know things have been much worse, but these days we have an infrastructure in place that should make this club more than capable of finishing best of the rest on a regular basis. It ain't happening and that to me is a real problem.

GC
22-09-2009, 10:32 PM
REAL problems will come soon enough on current evidence. We'll get beat on Saturday (by a side put together on a couple of brass buttons but by a manager who looks a lot more clued up than Yogi about how to get the best out of his players) and then watch us slide quickly into lowly Hearts territory.

Can you give me the lottery number for Saturday, seeing as you already know we will get beat by Motherwell.

This place is beyond belief, I'm pissed off with tonight's result and the performances I have witnessed at times this season aswell but I'm realistic enough to know we're at the start of a road to building a squad at Hibs.

No REAL problems at Hibs at the moment Mag, none on the horizon either.

Speedway
22-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Can you give me the lottery number for Saturday, seeing as you already know we will get beat by Motherwell.

This place is beyond belief, I'm pissed off with tonight's result and the performances I have witnessed at times this season aswell but I'm realistic enough to know we're at the start of a road to building a squad at Hibs.

Except perhaps a third consecutive operating loss requiring the selling of players or eating into of banked capital?

GC
22-09-2009, 10:35 PM
We've had real problems ever since we won the cup in 2007 yet a lot on here seem to think finishing sixth three seasons running (in addition to crashing out of the CIS three seasons running to teams you'd expect to beat at home) is nothing to get bothered about. Folk also bemoan the lack of atmosphere at ER these days. Well if most the fans ain't really that bothered then why should the players be?

And yes, I know things have been much worse, but these days we have an infrastructure in place that should make this club more than capable of finishing best of the rest on a regular basis. It ain't happening and that to me is a real problem.

I would suggest some form of mood control pill for you if this is the reaction to a defeat in the cup, no matter how bad the result/performance is it does not equate to real problems at the club.

Davy Mac
22-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Ian Murray should be doing this, he was wearing the captains armband tonight wasn't he ?
Total lack of leadership tonight.

That's partly my point, I don't think we have a motivational type player on the park who booms out instructions and kicks asses whenever it's required.

Murray likes to lead by example granted, but for me Hibs need a player who is a right pain in the arse, somebody who constantly needles his own players.

Don't know about you but all the amateur teams I've played for I can think of at least 2 or 3 guys per team which I wouldnae have wanted to be the one to let these guys down.

GC
22-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Except perhaps a third consecutive operating loss requiring the selling of players or eating into of banked capital?

I don't know how the season will pan out, I still believe we can get into Europe, we may reach a semi final in the Scottish(we may also go out in the 3rd round) that would result in more finances for the club obviously and counter the loss that this defeat will cost us, I said on an earlier thread that this defeat would be horrendous and is it but not on the scale that some are pointing at.

So until that happens I'll go with the flow and address issues as and when they arrive.

I think I'm on my own with this one but all the way I feel.

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Riordan will be sold sooner rather than later, shame about the penalties.

Riordans Boots
22-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't know how the season will pan out, I still believe we can get into Europe, we may reach a semi final in the Scottish(we may also go out in the 3rd round) that would result in more finances for the club obviously and counter the loss that this defeat will cost us, I said on an earlier thread that this defeat would be horrendous and is it but not on the scale that some are pointing at.

So until that happens I'll go with the flow and address issues as and when they arrive.

I think I'm on my own with this one but all the way I feel.

No your not G :agree:

RickyS
22-09-2009, 10:44 PM
That's partly my point, I don't think we have a motivational type player on the park who booms out instructions and kicks asses whenever it's required.

Murray likes to lead by example granted, but for me Hibs need a player who is a right pain in the arse, somebody who constantly needles his own players.

Don't know about you but all the amateur teams I've played for I can think of at least 2 or 3 guys per team which I wouldnae have wanted to be the one to let these guys down.

Like Jody Morris did tonight:agree:

GC
22-09-2009, 10:49 PM
No your not G :agree:

:thumbsup:

We might be in the minority here Susan:greengrin

King Paddy
22-09-2009, 10:50 PM
For all the critisim that befell Mixu i just wonder after watching the last two performances that at the very least he could organise a defence. Yogi you are the one to shape up or ship out my friend. The basics are apparently beyound your managerial knowledge, players should be able to head the ball?, clear their lines and defend when needed, all the 11 players that i saw tonight were lacking in this department. Unless Yogi sorts this out we will be in freefall just like Falkirk last season. Rant over.

MussyHibby
22-09-2009, 10:51 PM
For all the critisim that befell Mixu i just wonder after watching the last two performances that at the very least he could organise a defence. Yogi you are the one to shape up or ship out my friend. The basics are apparently beyound your managerial knowledge, players should be able to head the ball?, clear their lines and defend when needed, all the 11 players that i saw tonight were lacking in this department. Unless Yogi sorts this out we will be in freefall just like Falkirk last season. Rant over.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................go to bed then!

6 games ffs!:grr:

Riordans Boots
22-09-2009, 10:52 PM
:thumbsup:

We might be in the minority here Susan:greengrin

I think there will be several 'closet' minorities :agree:

Speedway
Worse than Satan, worse than death, worse than Malofeev.

Mag7

I hope you're right, but how many times can you put dire results down to squad building? Most were prepared to put the Hamilton result down to a 'bad day at the office' but when you're handed an almost equally inept display 10 days later you're entitled to fear there are problems afoot.

magnificent_seven
22-09-2009, 10:54 PM

Jeeesus, give the guy a chance. The majority of this team is till Mixu's. Yogi has been here for a few months and you are saying that if he doesn't buck up his ideas he should leave!?

We are 3rd in the league FFS! :bitchy:

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Another who should be behaving himself.

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Riordan will be sold sooner rather than later, shame about the penalties.

How the **** have you no been launched yet? :faf:

GC
22-09-2009, 11:01 PM
I hope you're right, but how many times can you put dire results down to squad building? Most were prepared to put the Hamilton result down to a 'bad day at the office' but when you're handed an almost equally inept display 10 days later you're entitled to fear there are problems afoot.

If it were to carry on and we were speaking about this come say xmas then you would have to wonder what is going on.

At the moment though I'm more than prepared to bide my time and wait for the outcome, which I believe will be fine.

jakedance
22-09-2009, 11:09 PM

And the award for the biggest overreaction of the night goes to........

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 11:52 PM
How the **** have you no been launched yet? :faf:

Language, my son, language tut, tut.

silverhibee
23-09-2009, 12:08 AM

Derek Riordan is not shy at giving the players pelters if they dont make the right decisions in the game, he is a pain in the arse at times but gets his point across each time.:cool2:

Toaods
23-09-2009, 12:27 AM
dinnae want him now. All image. Tactics murder from the off. Quite simply he picked the wrong team. They oever performed + he was incapacle of fixing it. Stack is mince,. Stokes needs 2 take his head out his erse. 2 put Zemamma on the right wing was a hanging offence. 2 trail + not play Benji but put Deek in the middle was a joke. No stremgth just like hes weakened the midfield. Take the suit off Yogi - do what u do best + kick some ***** or you wont last long.

Iain G
23-09-2009, 12:40 AM
dinnae want him now. All image. Tactics murder from the off. Quite simply he picked the wrong team. They oever performed + he was incapacle of fixing it. Stack is mince,. Stokes needs 2 take his head out his erse. 2 put Zemamma on the right wing was a hanging offence. 2 trail + not play Benji but put Deek in the middle was a joke. No stremgth just like hes weakened the midfield. Take the suit off Yogi - do what u do best + kick some ***** or you wont last long.

Actually the best thing he could do is put his boots on and play in the next game :greengrin

monktonharp
23-09-2009, 12:40 AM
had a few drinky-poos tonight auld Toad:wink:? I wish he'd keep his gob shut at times though,and forget drivel about we want to win this/that cup etc,but I do think he's the best option for HFC.

Toaods
23-09-2009, 12:54 AM
had a few drinky-poos tonight auld Toad:wink:? I wish he'd keep his gob shut at times though,and forget drivel about we want to win this/that cup etc,but I do think he's the best option for HFC.

needed a drink after that shanbles. Texted my Saintees mate 2 wish them all the best then went 4 a beer.pub as quiet as us Hibbys. I defy anyone 2 pick a positive from that mess.

Toaods
23-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Derek Riordan is not shy at giving the players pelters if they dont make the right decisions in the game, he is a pain in the arse at times but gets his point across each time.:cool2:

I would say he voices his displeasure but not sure manyteam mates give a tossg

Speedy
23-09-2009, 01:37 AM
needed a drink after that shanbles. Texted my Saintees mate 2 wish them all the best then went 4 a beer.pub as quiet as us Hibbys. I defy anyone 2 pick a positive from that mess.

It's a mickey mouse cup anyway and it gives us the chance to concentrate on the league :duck::greengrin

IWasThere2016
23-09-2009, 06:14 AM
I'm wi you Toaods.

I backed Ryehill in his support of Gannon and I stick by that.

IMHO, RP's gone for the cheap - and what he thought was the safe - option again .. And what do you know

Beefster
23-09-2009, 06:48 AM
IMHO, RP's gone for the cheap - and what he thought was the safe - option again .. And what do you know

While I had, and still have, reservations about Hughes (I wish he'd shut the **** up in the press, for a start), that statement doesn't stack up.

Yogi - compensation for Hughes and Rice along with decent wages, pay-off for Marshall.

Gannon - no compensation needed and if Motherwell can afford him, I'd bet that Yogi is being paid more.

Baldy Foghorn
23-09-2009, 07:05 AM

Made my feelings clear when he was appointed, thought is was the wrong choice..... After the games this season my thoughts have not altered, and last night was abysmal. Hamilton was abysmal, saturday at home to Saints was not great, and Yogi never learned from it or made any changes......

Very very poor indeed

sean
23-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Made my feelings clear when he was appointed, thought is was the wrong choice..... After the games this season my thoughts have not altered, and last night was abysmal. Hamilton was abysmal, saturday at home to Saints was not great, and Yogi never learned from it or made any changes......

Very very poor indeed

from what i seen last night delabooze i reckon you could have been better than sol bamba last night:wink:

IWasThere2016
23-09-2009, 08:51 AM
While I had, and still have, reservations about Hughes (I wish he'd shut the **** up in the press, for a start), that statement doesn't stack up.

Yogi - compensation for Hughes and Rice along with decent wages, pay-off for Marshall.

Gannon - no compensation needed and if Motherwell can afford him, I'd bet that Yogi is being paid more.

I didn't compare Yogi and Gannon on cost. Gannon would have been cheap - but perhaps not 'safe'

Speedway
23-09-2009, 09:17 AM
We have such a high quality hindsight brigade on here, they should be minted by playing the lottery/pools.

FWIW I said in 1902 that we'd go 108 without winning the Scottish Cup :yawn:

Yogi is no more a failure after 3 defeats than he is a success after 4 victories.

Very early days.

Future17
23-09-2009, 09:35 AM
We have such a high quality hindsight brigade on here, they should be minted by playing the lottery/pools.

Yogi is no more a failure after 3 defeats than he is a success after 4 victories.

Very early days.

So you're saying we'll win it this year?!? :thumbsup:

Speedway
23-09-2009, 09:39 AM
So you're saying we'll win it this year?!? :thumbsup:

Well, I can't hold on much longer if we don't.

smurf
23-09-2009, 09:39 AM
The performances have been poor and the results probably fairly typical underachieving Hibs standard.

However, Yogi is just in the door. He needs to time to shape the squad. He's got rid of a lot of dead wood and hopefully his signings will come good.

FWIW i feel confident about them all enhancing the squad apart from Stack...

It's the defence that concerns me...

Biggie
23-09-2009, 11:57 AM
The performances have been poor and the results probably fairly typical underachieving Hibs standard.

However, Yogi is just in the door. He needs to time to shape the squad. He's got rid of a lot of dead wood and hopefully his signings will come good.

FWIW i feel confident about them all enhancing the squad apart from Stack...

It's the defence that concerns me...
Smurf, I don't mind giving him time to "shape the squad" as you say, but what's worrying is he can't see the obvious. (Well obvious to us lot)...Stack ?..Riordan thru the middle ?...Zemmama right wing..no centre back ?....Cregg & McBride, no better than average...if he'd brought in much better quality, yes we will be patient....his tactical nuance is questionable....lack of subbies....and the one that really gets me, is he is always saying the right things after games...show us yogi !. We have his latest signing out on the lash - wtf ?....we've got bullet proof riordan throwing his arms up in the air cos he didn't get the ball - wtf ?....I could go on..but I'm getting depressed.

rubber mal
23-09-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm wi you Toaods.

Yes, I too had my mind made up before Yogi had even been in charge for one match, but then we won a couple of games and I thought he was the next Alex Ferguson, but then we lost at Hamilton and I wasn't so sure, but then the win at the weekend was enough to convince me that he was the man for the job, but now we've lost again and I would like everyone to congratulate me on being right from the start. :yawn:

And another thing. "safe option again"? Mowbray, Collins, Mixu... safe options?

hibsbollah
23-09-2009, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=rubber mal;2185456]Yes, I too had my mind made up before Yogi had even been in charge for one match, but then we won a couple of games and I thought he was the next Alex Ferguson, but then we lost at Hamilton and I wasn't so sure, but then the win at the weekend was enough to convince me that he was the man for the job, but now we've lost again and I would like everyone to congratulate me on being right from the start. :yawn:

QUOTE]

:faf::top marks

I must remember not to log on there the day after a defeat, the hysteria is deafening:bye:

sahib
23-09-2009, 12:31 PM

We have had a string of managers over the last few years and things have been much of a muchness. Only Mowbray and McLeish were successful enough to move on to more lucrative deals. One of them inherited a good crop of young players, the other spent a relative fortune on a huge squad. Chopping and changing managers can't go on, we have got to give Hughes a fair crack at things.

Hibs On Tour
23-09-2009, 12:35 PM
FFS people, chill the **** oot!

IMHO Yogi was the best option at the time for Hibs. Had Falkirk punching above their weight pretty much all of the time he was there, barring last season. Good record in terms of bringing through youth and also for spotting the odd player to bring in on loan to strengthen side. Got his sides playing the game 'the Hibs way'. Ticked a lot of boxes for me.

Start to season has IMHO been far more good than bad. We have IMHO strengthened the team and Yogi has made an effort to both clear out some dead wood from the squad and also to put some depth to the squad. He has also shown he won't shy away from difficult decisions such as dropping Hoggy [who will be back, as he'll take it the right way]

Its still VERY early days in terms of getting all the squad to gel both in terms of formation/tactics/full 1st 11 and we were always going to be a little up-and-down in this early period. For me, we're probably very slightly ahead of the curve thus far. A defeat against Hamilton in the league then a defeat [admittedly a shocker] last night in the Cup against St J [particularly when we got the warning signs from them on Sat anyway] while disappointing, are not the end of the world either for any of us nor should they be for Yogi's tenure.

For one, I am backing him to come good.

<sticks oneself squarely in the firing line smilie*>

*to be fair, had to as I said JC was the wrong choice from day 1 :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
23-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Not sure I agree with the hysteria of the OP but I do agree that Stack is mince. Him combined with Bamba's seeming inability to head the ball (ideal technical deficiency for a CH) are the 2 crucial areas that need sorting. Unfortunately last night this "spine" was exposed even more by McBride's toothless display in front of them.

FWIW I think Bamba is the principal outfield problem that Hughes needs to change.

Hibs90
23-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Language, my son, language tut, tut.

How are Hearts doing this year?

basehibby
23-09-2009, 05:02 PM

Very early days.

:top marksThe told you so brigade are taking jumping the gun to a fine art here. FWIW I backed Yogi's appointment to the hilt and I have also been disappointed with the general level of performances so far.
BUT - I have NOT been disappointed with the signings he's made, the way he's shown last season's underperformers the door, the style of football he's TRYING to implement or the much improved communication with the fans through HI and the press.
I think he'll pull it together sooner rather than later and many of the contributors on this thread will be eating their hats - here's hoping anyway - wise before/after the event style told-you-so comments are always irritating and I'd take great pleasure in seeing hefty portions of humble pie dished out to those concerned.

lumbo_hfc
23-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I agree we have not had the best performances this season but we are still sitting 3rd in the league just now and are playing 4th place on saturday, if we could get a good result i for one am willing to forget last nights game/performance as i see anything u get in the cup as a bonus!! I think Yogi should be given alot more than 6 games before we can judge him, the teams of the last 2 years are not going to be fixed overnight and there are some fans out there who have there expectations far too high!

Alex Trager
23-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Why is it that we have become more and more like yams? Why can't we forget all this nonesence and gives hughes a chance. We have played 7 competetive games and lost three. We may be out the cup but we still have one more to focuss upon.Please will anyone who is on hughes' back give him a break this is pathetic and childish, we at least need to wait one and a half to two seasons to give him time to bring in his players and hopefully install his footballing ways and a team that wants to play together as a team and for the jersey. We need to give him alot of time before judging him.

Thoughts?

ancienthibby
23-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Why is it that we have become more and more like yams? Why can't we forget all this nonesence and gives hughes a chance. We have played 7 competetive games and lost three. We may be out the cup but we still have one more to focuss upon.Please will anyone who is on hughes' back give him a break this is pathetic and childish, we at least need to wait one and a half to two seasons to give him time to bring in his players and hopefully install his footballing ways and a team that wants to play together as a team and for the jersey. We need to give him alot of time before judging him.

Thoughts?

I agree - the game turned on a missed penalty!!

That could have happened to any other penalty taker - so don't blame Deeks!!

The commentary I listened to suggested we were in the game all the way (albeit with some ropey performances) and what was a great cup-tie to which we contributed fully!! That's what the Cup's all about!

We now need the Y-man to get the defense sorted (Bamba into midfield and Hoggy/Murray until January) Maka in goals, and Zouma starting and we will be a different team!:greengrin

Toaods
23-09-2009, 05:50 PM

Thoughts?

Sean

Time we don't have in the ever changing world of modern day football.

There are a million guys out there on a coaching badge course who would jump at the chance to manage a club like Hibs.

Simply coming from Leith or a former player has been found out to be useless when push comes to shove.

'Football is a results business' as we are constantly told but you have to add performance and attractiveness to the floating public to that.

As Joe Harper so bluntly put today when talking of the desperation Aberdeen find themselves in thesedays "we have a team of athletes but sadly no footballers.The level the club has fallen to now is frightening"

The first bit sounds very familiar and the second bit is only a terrible season away. So far I see IMHO bad decisions and team formations and I had a bleeding gut full of that garbage with Mixu at the helm. It needs addressed and very quickly or numbers at ER will crash.

For those who prattle on about the hindsight brigade et al....you'll find that historically many of the comments were made by more than the odd punter long before Yogi was appointed, so hindsight it most certainly isn't.

Anyone see Yogi lose the rag at a guy to the left of the bench who slammed him for not taking Stack off for Maka? The guy was talking garbage at 1-1- in a cup tie but for Yogi to lose the plot was plain stupid.

Plenty people were calling for Benjelloun to come on to have someone who could hold the ball up in the middle but pig -headedness ruled the day as benji was left clicking his heals.

Last night's embarrassing display will cost Motherwell plenty of cash as many will have scrubbed any thoughts of heading through. I'll be very interested to see what Yogi does now though...these are the times when we will see if he's got the ability to manage or not.

Alex Trager
23-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Well you have got to accept hughes is still trying to find his feet and his best team available along with the tatics going along with the team he has picked. Our team -if you want to call them that - were made up of many men feeling they were a one man team, this gets us or any team nowhere , hughes needs more of a chance and the team need to become a team which will allow our stars to shine

Toaods
23-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Well you have got to accept hughes is still trying to find his feet and his best team available along with the tatics going along with the team he has picked. Our team -if you want to call them that - were made up of many men feeling they were a one man team, this gets us or any team nowhere , hughes needs more of a chance and the team need to become a team which will allow our stars to shine

I do accept it's early doors of course but tell me, how long do think his tenure will last at ER? 1 year, 2-4 years or 5 or more years?

on the basis he'll be doing very well to make 5, we ain't got time to give him a couple a seasons to sort himself out - bearing in mind sorting himself out means sorting us out.

Turning out rubbish like we have in the last three games will only reduce the tenure. Defeat at Motherwell willsend alarm bells ringing in teh Hughes/Rice households as with D.Utd looming thereafter, all of sudden we' be heading for a backs to the wall situation like they endured all last season at Falkirk.

Alex Trager
23-09-2009, 06:26 PM
At falkirk you obviously have a lack of quality in comparison but if we sort ourselves out by trying to become a well organised, welll prepared, good looking, team playing side we have the potential to win our upincoming games

heidtheba
23-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Didn't want him - wanted Gannon BUT, last night aside, I think he will do the business for us. Great signings IMHO and his heart is in it.

Not a dig, just a question, how long would it take the survivors of Mixu's style of football to readjust to what Yogi seems to want? I expect it would take longer than even where we are now in the season. I just hope we 'get there'.

sauzee
23-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Didn't want him - wanted Gannon BUT, last night aside, I think he will do the business for us. Great signings IMHO and his heart is in it.

Not a dig, just a question, how long would it take the survivors of Mixu's style of football to readjust to what Yogi seems to want? I expect it would take longer than even where we are now in the season. I just hope we 'get there'.

what style ! what formation ! is it that yogi is trying to play, because before you get tactically advanced,you have to get the basics right first,and we aint got the basics right!and you have to have the right personel !!

Davy Mac
23-09-2009, 07:43 PM

Aye maybe, but I personally don't think a striker can be that influencial on the whole team due to his position - just look at Jody Morris, right in the middle anklebiting at every opportunity and geeing up the players.

Deeks seems to get frustrated and quite rightly so as the service to the front has been so poor over the last couple of seasons.

You know, we've spent months wishing on his return and sadly there are an awful lot of posters shooting the guy down, jeezo we need to keep Deeks not drive him away and hopefully he will start by scoring a goal or two at the weekend.

I said on another thread that Deeks mumps and moans because he does care and I think he is a bit misunderstood at times but for me he is still our most talented player by a long way and I for one want to keep him.

Roll on the weekend and I would put a couple of quid on it as well:agree:

judas
23-09-2009, 07:48 PM

I have said it since day one and been criticised for it, but will say it again.

The signing of Mcbride (in particular) and Cregg was a big mistake by Yogi.

His failure to redress the balance in Hibs defence has been his other big mistake.

I am concerned about Hibs under Yogi. Sorry.

Hibs Spain
23-09-2009, 08:01 PM
So far anyway.He told the world that the perfomance against Hamilton was unacceptable..Heads would roll,there would be no hiding places, :blah::blah: The same thing happend on Saturday except we won(luckily),it was basically the same team that were lucky to beat Falkirk,he played just about the same team last night with all the heads that should have rolled still playing..In short I think his tactics have been bemusing,the passing game we were looking forward to has nowhere nearly happened,the same lack of fight has been there all the time..It's just that we've luckily won a few of the games by default almost if you ask me.

lyonhibs
23-09-2009, 08:03 PM
So far anyway.He told the world that the perfomance against Hamilton was unacceptable..Heads would roll,there would be no hiding places, :blah::blah: The same thing happend on Saturday except we won(luckily),it was basically the same team that were lucky to beat Falkirk,he played just about the same team last night with all the heads that should have rolled still playing..In short I think his tactics have been bemusing,the passing game we were looking forward to has nowhere nearly happened,the same lack of fight has been there all the time..It's just that we've luckily won a few of the games by default almost if you ask me.

You can't blame it ALL on Stack can you??

Maka's passing game is pretty gantin' as well :agree::agree::greengrin

shamo9
23-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Unfortunately Hughes does not posses a magic wand. We're just going to have to persevere till he buys a few decent defenders I'm afraid.

ronaldo7
23-09-2009, 08:12 PM

Aye, we'd be better wi the Fax machine eh:yawn:

Hibs Spain
23-09-2009, 08:14 PM
You can't blame it ALL on Stack can you??

Maka's passing game is pretty gantin' as well :agree::agree::greengrinSorry .. I should have mentioned that Maka is exempt from critisism :wink:

vahibbie
23-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Sorry .. I should have mentioned that Maka is exempt from critisism :wink:

Only while he's on the bench. Wait and see what happens if/when he gets a start:devil:

The Harp Awakes
23-09-2009, 08:26 PM

We've played 5 league games under Yogi and although the performances haven't been great, I think he's improved the quality of players in the team with every signing he's made. It will be a good few weeks before Stokes and Miller will be fully fit. I also think we'll strengthen again at the next transfer window with possibly Barr and a few others coming in. You can't expect a new Manager to come in and wave a magic wand after 5 games, especially given the dross served up last season.

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 08:30 PM
We've played 5 league games under Yogi and although the performances haven't been great, I think he's improved the quality of players in the team with every signing he's made. It will be a good few weeks before Stokes and Miller will be fully fit. I also think we'll strengthen again at the next transfer window with possibly Barr and a few others coming in. You can't expect a new Manager to come in and wave a magic wand after 5 games, especially given the dross served up last season.

Exactly. :agree:

All this Yogi bashing drivel is just getting plain daft. :yawn:

The man is just in the door and already some people want him out.

What do people expect a man to do with such little time?

I really believe Yogi is the man to turn things around... he will turn things around. :agree:

Just give the guy a chance.

We were all complaining about fans not giving Scotland managers a chance... well why should club managers be any different? :confused:

FranckSuzy
23-09-2009, 08:35 PM
FFS, we lost our first game of the season, at home, under Mowbray and his tenure didn't turn out too bad. Gie him a chance :rolleyes:

BEEJ
23-09-2009, 08:40 PM
You can't expect a new Manager to come in and wave a magic wand after 5 games, especially given the dross served up last season.
This is where the trip to Fir Park on Saturday will be very interesting in terms of comparison.

By all accounts Gannon has had a tougher challenge at 'Well where he has had to deal with losing a host of key players from last season with little or no money to replace them. Early days yet, but relying heavily on youngsters he has managed to get his team to perform to a consistently high standard so far against tougher league opposition than we have faced.

His magic wand seems to have worked well ...... so far.

IWasThere2016
23-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Unfortunately Hughes does not posses a magic wand. We're just going to have to persevere till he buys a few decent defenders I'm afraid.

He's over promised and under delivered IMHO. He knew Jones would leave and he'd weeks to replace him.

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 08:42 PM
He's over promised and under delivered IMHO. He knew Jones would leave and he'd weeks to replace him.

But did Yogi not say that he was waiting for someone decent and that he wasnt just going to bring in anyone?

SON OF PADDY
23-09-2009, 08:44 PM

Spot on mate:top marks

Davy Mac
23-09-2009, 08:45 PM

Difficult one TQM.

Hard for Hughes not to get caught up in the euphoria of being Manager of Hibs.........

Still think there was no better candidate for the job at the time and still think he's da man - time will tell of course.

IWasThere2016
23-09-2009, 08:46 PM
But did Yogi not say that he was waiting for someone decent and that he wasnt just going to bring in anyone?

Dunno - I've kinda stopped listening to be honest. Actions speak louder and all that ..

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Dunno - I've kinda stopped listening to be honest. Actions speak louder and all that ..

I'm glad he has just not went out and signed any old dross, i'm sure you will agree. Were i am struggling to understand him, is his continued use of a system we dont have the players for.:confused:

IWasThere2016
23-09-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm glad he has just not went out and signed any old dross, i'm sure you will agree. Were i am struggling to understand him, is his continued use of a system we dont have the players for.:confused:

I haven't seen or read that we've played well either ..

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 08:52 PM

But he said it when he first became manager.

He said he wouldnt bring in just anyone for the sake of it.

I think Yogi has the right attitude for the job, but he has no easy job on his hands.

To try and get players in good enough to challenge near the top of the table, but on the budget that Hibs have to offer is no easy task.

I'd much rather have a patient manager like Yogi, over another Mixu, who just brings anyone through the door because no other club wants them. :agree:

We all agree that we want quality at the club.

But quality takes time... a lot of time.

Franck is God
23-09-2009, 08:54 PM
the only thing i want Yogi to do is pick players on form rather than reputation.

since the first game of the season he has mixed it up a bit, he's left out Maka, Hogg, Cregg & Nish and allowed DVZ to leave the club completely so to say he is all talk isn't exactly true.

I was annoyed that he played the same team last night as Saturday but only because I thought we were a bit lucky to win at the weekend and hadn't played that well. I can see why he did though, we did win and he clearly hoped for better in the next game and gave the side a chance to improve.

We have now played pretty poorly in the last three games, won one and lost two, I think we all expect changes on Saturday and lets hope that he finds the right combination sooner rather than later.

On a personal note I hope that Maka, Hogg and Cregg are restored to the first team on Saturday and in case anyone is interested they would come in for Stack, Hanlon & Rankin. I would also be looking for Zemmama to start and maybe even Benji too.

Hibs Spain
23-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Exactly. :agree:

All this Yogi bashing drivel is just getting plain daft. :yawn:

The man is just in the door and already some people want him out.

What do people expect a man to do with such little time?

I really believe Yogi is the man to turn things around... he will turn things around. :agree:

Just give the guy a chance.

We were all complaining about fans not giving Scotland managers a chance... well why should club managers be any different? :confused:I was ecstatic when Yogi got the job and still really hope he hacks it. All I'm saying is that his tactics,team formations are bewildering to the point that i'm nervous that he's not what I thought he was going to be. And to threaten/promise to be ruthless in the dropping of players who aren't performing and then to all intents and purposes keep playing them must make him lose a bit of credibility with the players and us! Can you imagine Alex Ferguson mucking about in training so everyone has a laugh and feels good or jumping out from behind corners at the training ground with practical jokes every day? Maybe Hughes should grow up a bit and get serious. Because so far he's not walking the walk :confused:

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2009, 08:58 PM
I haven't seen or read that we've played well either ..

I think a hell of a lot of that is down to the formation we play. The game we play is too narrow, slow and ponderous, we have no width, very easy to shut down by the opposition. I do like the last 2 signings, i do think they will do well. If that means we have to wait for the same type of quality in defenders, well we will just have to wait.

If he wants the fans to get behind the team, and off his and the players back, he has to set them up in a system they will be more suited with. If not, and he is a s stubborn as mixu was, with a system that was clearly not working, well hell mend him.

shamo9
23-09-2009, 09:03 PM

Maybe, as a result of being just in the door, he naively thought our defence was decent enough to cope for the immediate future (until next year for Barr?). It certainly wasn't the glaring problem last year (midfield, midfield, midfield!) He might have also been waiting to see what became of Bamba, and hoping someone would actually want DVZ. The slump in Hogg's form hasn't helped either.

Anyway, we've replaced Fletcher with arguably a better player and now have something that at least resembles a midfield. The additions of Zemmama, Miller, Wotherspoon and Galbraith add to what had been a pretty toothless midfield.

That being said, he really needs to forgot about Arfield for the moment and focus on, in his own words, 'the basics'. We needs good defenders and we need to scrap the 4-3-3.

Hibercelona
23-09-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm sure Yogi is more than well aware that he needs to bring in good defenders.

But where about is he going to find these good defenders? :confused:

down the slope
23-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Arfield and Barr, that will be half the Falkirk team that were nearly relegated,
i'm more concerned how he cannot get the team to match the oppositions commitment or change tactics when things are going wrong.

Cropley10
23-09-2009, 10:39 PM
I do accept it's early doors of course but tell me, how long do think his tenure will last at ER? 1 year, 2-4 years or 5 or more years?

on the basis he'll be doing very well to make 5, we ain't got time to give him a couple a seasons to sort himself out - bearing in mind sorting himself out means sorting us out.

Turning out rubbish like we have in the last three games will only reduce the tenure. Defeat at Motherwell willsend alarm bells ringing in teh Hughes/Rice households as with D.Utd looming thereafter, all of sudden we' be heading for a backs to the wall situation like they endured all last season at Falkirk.

The thing that I find strangest is that after a very lucky win on Saturday he sticks with the same team and the same formation.

Not only does this ignore the facts (of that last game), play directly into the oppositions hands, send the wrong message to Benji, Galbraith, Zouma and so on but just looks INCREDIBLY NAIVE...

For these reasons alone we have to expect some changes at Fir Park, but too many and he looks desperate and out of control. Gannon will know that if he presses our midfield then they'll soon be creating chances.

There's much work to be done, so he'll need to earn his money. I honestly thought (after all the talk) that he would have done better, so far but he's been a disappointment - 7 games, 3 defeats and we've played one top 6 side so far.

sahib
23-09-2009, 10:47 PM
The thing that I find strangest is that after a very lucky win on Saturday he sticks with the same team and the same formation.

Not only does this ignore the facts (of that last game), play directly into the oppositions hands, send the wrong message to Benji, Galbraith, Zouma and so on but just looks INCREDIBLY NAIVE...

For these reasons alone we have to expect some changes at Fir Park, but too many and he looks desperate and out of control. Gannon will know that if he presses our midfield then they'll soon be creating chances.

There's much work to be done, so he'll need to earn his money. I honestly thought (after all the talk) that he would have done better, so far but he's been a disappointment - 7 games, 3 defeats and we've played one top 6 side so far.

Gannon was on radio Scotland for the Hamilton game and I thought his analysis, of the problems Hibs were having then, seemed pretty astute. I suspect that if we use the same formation he will know exactly what to do.
Personally I would put on as many flair players as I could muster if I was Yogi.:wink:

matty_f
24-09-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm wi you Toaods.

FFS! Have you seen the accounts? How much more could the club have spent? We had an operating loss as it was!

There would have been plenty other cheaper options than Yogi - Gannon being one of them.

With the greatest respect, TQM, your Petrie-bashing has almost zero credibility against the facts these days.

Shrekko
24-09-2009, 12:46 AM
.. And what do you know

errrrm.... what 'do we know' after a whole 6 games?

Anyone who thinks you can make a judgement on a managers overall worth after 6 games is talking utter mince IMO.

rainman
24-09-2009, 12:48 AM
FFS! Have you seen the accounts? How much more could the club have spent? We had an operating loss as it was!

There would have been plenty other cheaper options than Yogi - Gannon being one of them.

With the greatest respect, TQM, your Petrie-bashing has almost zero credibility against the facts these days.

:agree:

There was a time when us "happy clappers" were in the minority on here. To be fair to a lot of the guys who were against Petrie's methods, they have held their hands up and admitted they were wrong.

There are others who won't let it go. Jumping on every bad result and thumbing their nose to everybody. As you said, almost zero credibility against what's really happening down ER these days.

Toaods
24-09-2009, 01:56 AM

Anyone who thinks you can make a judgement on a managers overall worth after 6 games is talking utter mince IMO.

are people basing their opinions solely on 6 games though....:wink:

IWasThere2016
24-09-2009, 06:00 AM

:faf: What an absolutely ridiculous statement!

We've not spent money - we've MIS-SPENT!

Poor managerial appointments - especially JC and Mixu and their dreadful signings - have unpicked the growth under TM. Down have gone STs sales, crowds and atmosphere at ER AND created the operating losses!

FTR, who appointed these managers and sactioned their 'spending'?

matty_f
24-09-2009, 07:17 AM

Poor managerial appointments - especially JC and Mixu and their dreadful signings - have unpicked the growth under TM. Down have gone STs sales, crowds and atmosphere at ER AND created the operating losses!

FTR, who appointed these managers and sactioned their 'spending'?

The board. Dunno if you noticed, but in Collins, the board appointed a manager that brought back some silverwear to Easter Road.

Mixu never worked out, but at the time a lot of fans were happy with his appointment (and some of his signings). The board aren't Mystic Meg, any appointment that they (or any club) make is a gamble to an extent.

As for sanctioning the spending, how would you have backed the manager? Would you have picked the players for them, or would you have trusted their judgement?

Baldy Foghorn
24-09-2009, 07:42 AM

So you are not looking objectively at his Falkirk record then???

IWasThere2016
24-09-2009, 07:43 AM
The board. Dunno if you noticed, but in Collins, the board appointed a manager that brought back some silverwear to Easter Road.

Mixu never worked out, but at the time a lot of fans were happy with his appointment (and some of his signings). The board aren't Mystic Meg, any appointment that they (or any club) make is a gamble to an extent.

As for sanctioning the spending, how would you have backed the manager? Would you have picked the players for them, or would you have trusted their judgement?

Matty - any clown can spend money .. the key is spending it wisely. We have NOT done so.

The Board did not appoint JC or Mixu - we both know who had responsibility for this and who made the decision - RP.

And I am aware JC won silverware .. Did any of his signings played a role in the winning of the cup? :devil: And does this mean that those who didn't return silverware were not successes?

With regard to "As for sanctioning the spending, how would you have backed the manager? Would you have picked the players for them, or would you have trusted their judgement?"

It is clear that RP 'stopped digging' and realised that both JC and Mixu had wasted funds - hence JC being refused the funds for Hammell and a striker, and Mixu being told (publicly) that his budget was being cut. The man who's judgement he should have trusted and invested in walked out - TM - and the lack of funds was a (perhaps the) primary reason.

If Yogi turns out to be another JC/Mixu type appointment, how many more chances is RP going to get to get it right? I recall a very ardent fan of RP's - Andy74 - saying that if Mixu's replacement floundered then RP should walk .. I cannot disagree with that.

I do not have the feeling that the club are on the up Matty .. quite the opposite. It must be right on the pitch and it isn't - far from it and it hasn't been for far far too long.

euro Hibby
24-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Don't know how much being a fan of the club help the manager. Maybe he gets caught up like us and this effects his descion making. I expected changes from Saturday because there were signs that we could easily be beaten with the same personnel. Yogi has mentioned playing horses for courses and if he saw that he got lucky saturday, changes might have been best ? Football can be about missed opportunities and if riordon had scored from the penalty we probably would have won. In the end he will need time which to be fair he has said from day one. Will he do it I am not sure.

TornadoHibby
24-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Maka's passing game is pretty gantin' as well :agree::agree::greengrin

You're clearly not getting to the matches early enough to see Maka doing his "outfield player" ball skill tricks whilst he's "excused" from the goalkeeper warm up when Stack is getting his turn with the coach! :wink:

I defy anyone to watch that, including his passing and trickery in "beating" players with the ball at his feet etc, and then say that his "passing game is "pretty gantin' "!! :cool2:

If he's on the bench we sometimes get "treated" to the same at half time! Watch out for it in future! :agree:

persevere1875
24-09-2009, 08:56 AM
This is where the trip to Fir Park on Saturday will be very interesting in terms of comparison.

By all accounts Gannon has had a tougher challenge at 'Well where he has had to deal with losing a host of key players from last season with little or no money to replace them. Early days yet, but relying heavily on youngsters he has managed to get his team to perform to a consistently high standard so far against tougher league opposition than we have faced.

His magic wand seems to have worked well ...... so far.

To be fair though He's had longer to smash his magic wand around players heads, seem to remember that the Wells early forays into europe were less than impressive and Gannon was pulling his hair out although granted he seems to have settled on a team that go out and battle now, IMHO we've got to be patient for a bit longer.

RIP
24-09-2009, 09:08 AM

FTR, who appointed these managers and sanctioned their 'spending'?

:faf::faf::faf:

Oh yeh TQM. You were the biggest critics of those managerial appointments!

Beggars belief!

Not only do you keep us amused with your crystal ball, betting prowess and insider knowledge are you now rewriting history?

basehibby
24-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Yes, he took his last club to the brink of relegation and this time, he won't make the same mistake. We'll go down for definite and when we do, it will be exactly what the fans deserve.

:bitchy:

FFS - criticism is one thing but this is just pathetic -

LTYF :bitchy:

basehibby
24-09-2009, 09:27 AM

So you reckon Stokes and Miller are poor signings then?!?

Rome wasn't built in a day - away and grow a spine FFS :bitchy:

basehibby
24-09-2009, 09:39 AM

Ever considered the notion that he wants to bring in players for these positions that are better than we currently have???
I don't see the point in bringing in players for the sake of making up the numbers - we suffered plenty enough with that syndrome under Mixu and Collins - or have you forgotten already???

And re McBride and Cregg - Yogi clearly explained his thinking when he signed these guys - but since you clearly canny be ersed keeping up with things I'll enlighten you: we were playing the likes of AOB (a left winger) at right midfield last season due to a dearth of right sided midfielders. Additionally we were playing Bamba (a centre half) as a holding midfielder (although he did turn out to be a revelation there). Cregg and McBride were available on frees, and as known quantities to Hughes, resolved this inbalance in midfield personnel at a stroke.

I think Hughes has made some tactical/selection errors over the last few games, but some of the slavering that is passing for criticism on here is frankly pathetic :bitchy:

basehibby
24-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I think a hell of a lot of that is down to the formation we play. The game we play is too narrow, slow and ponderous, we have no width, very easy to shut down by the opposition. I do like the last 2 signings, i do think they will do well. If that means we have to wait for the same type of quality in defenders, well we will just have to wait.

If he wants the fans to get behind the team, and off his and the players back, he has to set them up in a system they will be more suited with. If not, and he is a s stubborn as mixu was, with a system that was clearly not working, well hell mend him.

At last some sensible criticism - I'd tend to agree that Hughes made a mistake not changing things from the team on Saturday. A straight 4-4-2 would have done it - maybe with Zemama on from the start.
I'll be very interested to see what happens on Saturday at Motherwell - would love to see a Hibees win to shut up some of the tedious Gannonites on here :blah: :yawn:

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Ever considered the notion that he wants to bring in players for these positions that are better than we currently have???
I don't see the point in bringing in players for the sake of making up the numbers - we suffered plenty enough with that syndrome under Mixu and Collins - or have you forgotten already???

And re McBride and Cregg - Yogi clearly explained his thinking when he signed these guys - but since you clearly canny be ersed keeping up with things I'll enlighten you: we were playing the likes of AOB (a left winger) at right midfield last season due to a dearth of right sided midfielders. Additionally we were playing Bamba (a centre half) as a holding midfielder (although he did turn out to be a revelation there). Cregg and McBride were available on frees, and as known quantities to Hughes, resolved this inbalance in midfield personnel at a stroke.

I think Hughes has made some tactical/selection errors over the last few games, but some of the slavering that is passing for criticism on here is frankly pathetic :bitchy:

I agree, like it or not, we have quite a few players in this squad who are not up to the job, some of the kids could be in time, but we have some older players who imho will never be good enough. We will get better players in, but we are hampered as we can only get them in twice a year.

Yogi will get better players in, although it will take time, and i am happy he did not go down the route of just getting any old player because they were available. He has not helped himself though imho with the system we are playing, he has to sort this out first, the players will come later.

IWasThere2016
24-09-2009, 10:02 AM

Beggars belief!

Not only do you keep us amused with your crystal ball, betting prowess and insider knowledge are you now rewriting history?

I did not want JC (wanted Proctor) and had high hopes for Mixu :boo hoo: but wanted him out pronto but :faf: - you're having a tin baff

hibsbollah
24-09-2009, 10:08 AM

Great post. I think people forget the ruins of a squad that Yogi inherited. There was, and still is, work to be done.

matty_f
24-09-2009, 10:22 AM

I've said this on the PM board, we need players in the midfield who can either pass around their opponents, or who can beat their man and drive forward with the ball. Without either of these, we'll struggle whenever we face a team that defends against us by marking up man for man as St Johnstone and Hamilton did.

Luckily we've got Zemmama and Galbraith who offer at least one of those options, and Miller who is a good passer of the ball and can take a man on. I do think it needs 4 of them in midfield though.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2009, 10:39 AM
I've said this on the PM board, we need players in the midfield who can either pass around their opponents, or who can beat their man and drive forward with the ball. Without either of these, we'll struggle whenever we face a team that defends against us by marking up man for man as St Johnstone and Hamilton did.

Luckily we've got Zemmama and Galbraith who offer at least one of those options, and Miller who is a good passer of the ball and can take a man on. I do think it needs 4 of them in midfield though.

:top marks:agree:

JimBHibees
24-09-2009, 10:44 AM

Wasnt at either Saints game however were we not playing Wotherspoon, McBride, Miller and Rankin as a 4 ?

matty_f
24-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Wasnt at either Saints game however were we not playing Wotherspoon, McBride, Miller and Rankin as a 4 ?

Depends on who you ask.:greengrin

I was at both Saints games, and I thought they lined up as a 4 as well, however other people have said they were definitely a 3.

Ironically, we looked better when Zemmama came on, because all of a sudden we were getting space in the middle as he took players on. I say it's ironic, because it was after him coming on that we lost the 2 goals.

RIP
24-09-2009, 10:51 AM
:faf: What an absolutely ridiculous statement! We've not spent money - we've MIS-SPENT! Poor managerial appointments - especially JC and Mixu have unpicked the growth under TM. Down have gone STs sales, crowds and atmosphere at ER AND created the operating losses! FTR, who appointed these managers and sactioned their 'spending'?

Oh yeh TQM. You were the biggest critics of those managerial appointments! Beggars belief! Not only do you keep us amused with your crystal ball, betting prowess and insider knowledge are you now rewriting history?

I did not want JC (wanted Proctor) and had high hopes for Mixu but wanted him out pronto

Exactly. You were right behind these guys at the time and did not think they were poor managerial appointments. Are you forgetting they both resigned with no job to go to. I don't know what that tells you. What it tells me is that the working relationship between Rod and the manager had broken down,

At the time of their appointments, Collins, Mixu and Hughes were the right choice - for ticket sales and club morale.

Whatever else they were - they were no more poor appointments any more than Mowbray was a good appointment.

Give Collins, Mixu or Hughes the nucleus of a team with Caldwell, Riordan. O'Connor, Brown, Whittaker and Thomson in it and you may find they would all have been cited as being good appointments?

Craig_in_Prague
24-09-2009, 11:15 AM

Wotherspoon seemed very advanced in the 1st half, and Rankin - you wouldn't have known he was playing.
It certainly was not a flat 4, width was lacking on either side - partly coz our full backs are not strong getting forward and Rankin / Wotherspoon didn't give much width either,

I would very much hope Yogi just sticks to a simple 4-4-2, We had that against St Mirren in the 1st game, ok, they went down to 10 men which gave us more space but I had optimism that finally we'd have a proper formation - then the week after Yogi messes it all up and plays 3 up front.
I didn't expect him to do the type of guff Mixu done, with diamonds or 3 up. :grr:

Yogi goes on about "winning the battles" 1st.... Well for a start, haven players in the right position would help achieve this!

Hibby 2005
24-09-2009, 11:23 AM

Given that we had Wotherspoon emerging as well as the possibility of Zemmama coming back and the fact Bamba is a better midfielder than CH no I don't think BOTH McBride and Cregg were needed. McBride has been good but would probably not be playing if Bamba was in there. Cregg has just been dropped by Yogi.

Defenders, RB and CH, were the prorities in the summer but for whatever reason we didn't get them and we're suffering now.

There is an imbalance in the team at the moment, partly it has to be said by Yogi's refusal to play fast, wide players, but the real problems won't be rectified until we get defenders in and move Murray and Bamba back into midfield.

IWasThere2016
24-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Exactly. You were right behind these guys at the time and did not think they were poor managerial appointments.

I'd hope every Hibs fan was 'right behind these guys at the time' .. that's NOT to say I would have preferred others. FTR, I only wanted Mixu of the 3 - I had preferences for others in the cases of JC and Yogi.

bawheid
24-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm wi you Toaods.

You backed Ryehill did you? Well here's Ryehill's marathon thread on Jim Gannon. Perhaps you could point out the posts in which you backed him?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=151985

My guess is you didn't back Gannon at all, but you're quite happy sitting back waiting (praying?) for it all to go wrong so that you can continue with your out-dated, disproven and somewhat tiresome theory that Petrie is a tightwad.

Correct.

I do not have the feeling that the club are on the up Matty .. quite the opposite. It must be right on the pitch and it isn't - far from it and it hasn't been for far far too long.

How would you know when you go to Dens Park on a night Hibs are playing at home? Maybe that was the only free hospy going? :bitchy: :stirrer:

Beggars belief!

I did not want JC (wanted Proctor)

Aye, ok then. Unfortunately the threads don't go back that far, but I'll bet you were cursing JC's appointment in March 2007? And before this drifts off into another tiresome "it wasn't his team" debate...it bloody well was. He managed the team through a thumping victory over Hearts and then a tense semi-final against St Johnstone (a stage of cup competitions those players had not coped with under previous management). That's before you mention the 5-1 demolition of Kilmarnock in the final.

Honestly man, we're 6 games in and the malaise started over two years ago. Rather than jumping on Hughes how about we give the guy a little time to implement the changes he wants to make? You clearly have an agenda against RP...maybe he banned you from the hospy or something? I dunno, but most of your arguments against him flounder when the facts are presented.

Greenway
24-09-2009, 11:32 AM
It's a good title for this thread ("He's all talk"), as he sends lots of messages out there, and contradict many his own points in the same interview. He's a man who likes to talk when perhaps he should keep his powder a little more dry.

In his last interview on HI he talks about all the players coming in with "smiles on their faces" and having a "great attitude" in training. He later goes on to say that some players lacking the right attitude and needing to manage them until the next transfer window.

He goes on and on about instilling his message of fighting until the last minute and the "boys taking it all on board". However it's difficult to see how this apparent passion is being transferred onto the the pitch. I do wonder whether so many messages might actually be diluting his points.

JH likes to talk (and talk), but he's in danger of building a wall too high for himself to get over. I think we will all give him the time he needs to deliver his vision, but if he keeps repeating his long "My Football Philosophy" speech, we'll soon switch start switching off. He needs to say a little less and do a little more.

I watched "The Dammed United" the other day and mad as he was, Brian Clough was the type of man most fans would love as a manager. All that "Young man, you're only good when I tell you you're good, and not before", followed by a clip round the ear (magic).

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Exactly. Are you forgetting they both resigned with no job to go to. I don't know what that tells you. What it tells me is that the working relationship between Rod and the manager had broken down,

It tells me the managers who walked away, could do so easily in the thought they were well paid before and during their tenure as manager, and could live easily in the knowledge they wouldn't have to work again if they did not want to. A little like Strachan did with celtic, Calderwood did with Aberdeen, and many many others who do so today.

IWasThere2016
24-09-2009, 11:36 AM
You backed Ryehill did you? Well here's Ryehill's marathon thread on Jim Gannon. Perhaps you could point out the posts in which you backed him?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=151985

There must be others threads B - I'll search and revert.

How would you know when you go to Dens Park on a night Hibs are playing at home? Maybe that was the only free hospy going? :bitchy: :stirrer:

Me and 4 from firm we're about to sign multi-million pound contract with .. it's work as I was representing my employer

Aye, ok then. Unfortunately the threads don't go back that far, but I'll bet you were cursing JC's appointment in March 2007? And before this drifts off into another tiresome "it wasn't his team" debate...it bloody well was. He managed the team through a thumping victory over Hearts and then a tense semi-final against St Johnstone (a stage of cup competitions those players had not coped with under previous management). That's before you mention the 5-1 demolition of Kilmarnock in the final.

Honestly man, we're 6 games in and the malaise started over two years ago. Rather than jumping on Hughes how about we give the guy a little time to implement the changes he wants to make? You clearly have an agenda against RP...maybe he banned you from the hospy or something? I dunno, but most of your arguments against him flounder when the facts are presented.

My view(s) of Yogi goes back a lot longer than his appointment at Hibs.

Franck is God
24-09-2009, 11:37 AM
We actually finished the game in a 4-4-2, Galbraith was wide left, Zemmama wide right with Miller and McBride in the middle. Riordan joined Stokes up front.

Wotherspoon started wide right as part of a front three then switched to right back when McCormack was taken off.

Craig_in_Prague
24-09-2009, 11:38 AM
We actually finished the game in a 4-4-2, Galbraith was wide left, Zemmama wide right with Miller and McBride in the middle. Riordan joined Stokes up front.

Wotherspoon started wide right as part of a front three then switched to right back when McCormack was taken off.

yep, and that's what I'd like him to start with from now.

bawheid
24-09-2009, 11:41 AM
There must be others threads B - I'll search and revert.

Good luck.

Me and 4 from firm we're about to sign multi-million pound contract with .. it's work as I was representing my employer

Next time, take them to Easter Road. It's better.

My view(s) of Yogi goes back a lot longer than his appointment at Hibs.

That may well be the case, but does he not deserve more than a month or so to try and get things right before we all start branding him a failure and bringing out the "I told you so's"?

sleeping giant
24-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Juicy thread with many looking in :take that

:gun:

:dj:

smurf
24-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I do think it needs 4 of them in midfield though.

And without Rankin.

IWasThere2016
24-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Good luck.

The search is a booger .. still here's a snippet fae a Social Group (Mikey, ScoopyBoy, Speedway, DerekHFC can confirm it's legit) posted on 2 June:

TQM - I'm told Ling has been advising RP on better younger managers dann saff. His main recommendation is Gannon. Ling's made no comment re Hughes - so any support for Yogi must be from within the Board. Having read about Gannon, I would be happy and excited about that appointment. I don't want Hughes personally.

I will find my posts :wink: Interesting what you find when searching though:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=152081

And Dens was an invite - I wasnae inviting.

FTR, I want Yogi to be a SUCCESS! I'm just perplexed at the guff he's coming out with and here's evidence of that BEFORE a baw was kicked in the SPL:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2126518&postcount=16

weonlywon6-2
24-09-2009, 11:58 AM

Very early days.

agree, hughes for me is the correct choice.i believe the players are largely to blame.stokes will come good,liam miller is a brilliant signing,wotherspoon has great potential.
yes we are hurt at what has gone on but i think mixu was to soft and we are paying for that now.
it will change i have no doubt.

teams like st johnstone have a great work rate,better than ours.
we have to work harder,esp riordan

GreenPJ
24-09-2009, 12:07 PM
We started both St J games as 4-4-2, the problem being that neither Rankin or Wotherspoon stuck to their respective wings and came inside making it very tight in the middle, no attacking threats down the lines and no defensive covers for the centre halfs, sorry full backs.

Whoever he deploys in that position needs to stay out there.

i would still like to try a 3-5-2 with a proper holding midfielder with a lot of bite and have Wotherspoon and Stevenson as the wingbacks.

bawheid
24-09-2009, 12:14 PM
The search is a booger .. still here's a snippet fae a Social Group (Mikey, ScoopyBoy, Speedway, DerekHFC can confirm it's legit) posted on 2 June:

TQM - I'm told Ling has been advising RP on better younger managers dann saff. His main recommendation is Gannon. Ling's made no comment re Hughes - so any support for Yogi must be from within the Board. Having read about Gannon, I would be happy and excited about that appointment. I don't want Hughes personally.

I will find my posts :wink: Interesting what you find when searching though:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=152081

And Dens was an invite - I wasnae inviting.

FTR, I want Yogi to be a SUCCESS! I'm just perplexed at the guff he's coming out with and here's evidence of that BEFORE a baw was kicked in the SPL:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2126518&postcount=16

Bloody Hibs.net cliques! The one I'm in gets all the good stories though, what with me and Danderhall Hibs being in there. :greengrin

I would have been happy with Gannon too, and he seems to be doing a decent job at Motherwell so far. Mind you so was McGhee at the beginning.

Tony Mowbray had a slightly shakey start to his management career with Hibs (oot vs Vetra, losing at home to Killie). That turned out not too bad in the end.

My point is it's far too early to be judging Hughes. When we win a game his interviews on HI etc are "refreshing" or "incisive". Then when we lose he's a gabbering fool who sends out mixed messages. This place does my head in sometimes.

So far he's got rid of a lot of dross, and made a clutch of very decent signings. With such a squad turnover it might take more than a month to determine what works best. As Blackpool Hibs will tell us....patience!

Also, tell any potential business partners the deal's off until they chose Hibs.

GGTTH.

IWasThere2016
24-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Bloody Hibs.net cliques! The one I'm in gets all the good stories though, what with me and Danderhall Hibs being in there. :greengrin

I would have been happy with Gannon too, and he seems to be doing a decent job at Motherwell so far. Mind you so was McGhee at the beginning.

Tony Mowbray had a slightly shakey start to his management career with Hibs (oot vs Vetra, losing at home to Killie). That turned out not too bad in the end.

My point is it's far too early to be judging Hughes. When we win a game his interviews on HI etc are "refreshing" or "incisive". Then when we lose he's a gabbering fool who sends out mixed messages. This place does my head in sometimes.

So far he's got rid of a lot of dross, and made a clutch of very decent signings. With such a squad turnover it might take more than a month to determine what works best. As Blackpool Hibs will tell us....patience!

Also, tell any potential business partners the deal's off until they chose Hibs.

GGTTH.

B - Here's a post .. sadly cannae go back my posts before 27/7 without going through thread after thread.

Via the latter route here's my thoughts - backing Ryehill - on Gannon from late June.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2081499&postcount=71

I also shared PMs with Ryehill (as he's in Durham - where my family originate from) and believe me there were other posts.

All that said, I want Yogi to get it right - starting from the back! Less talk more action will help too.

IWasThere2016
24-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Juicy thread with many looking in :take that

:gun:

:dj:

You'll be disappointed a stirring s h ! t :wink: :greengrin

chrisski33
24-09-2009, 12:42 PM
hes just like everyone on here all talk. Cud u do any better after 4 or 5 games? Like myself probably not! Give it to xmas and i think things will lôok better.

sleeping giant
24-09-2009, 01:14 PM
You'll be disappointed a stirring s h ! t :wink: :greengrin

I had your back TQM:agree:

bawheid
24-09-2009, 01:50 PM

That's not what your PM to me said. :greengrin

bawheid
24-09-2009, 01:52 PM
B - Here's a post .. sadly cannae go back my posts before 27/7 without going through thread after thread.

Via the latter route here's my thoughts - backing Ryehill - on Gannon from late June.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2081499&postcount=71

I also shared PMs with Ryehill (as he's in Durham - where my family originate from) and believe me there were other posts.

All that said, I want Yogi to get it right - starting from the back! Less talk more action will help too.

Fair play TQM. I make that 7-1 to me now. :wink:

I welcome the chase...

IWasThere2016
24-09-2009, 02:16 PM

:faf:

Fair play TQM. I make that 7-1 to me now. :wink:

I welcome the chase...

7-1 :cool2:

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-09-2009, 02:38 PM
I think that it is far too early to start making any real judgements about the team. One thing is for sure though. We can't have too many more games like the last three. Somone else has posted that Mowbray lost his first game? That is true. But what is also true, is that a lot of us went home after that 0-1 defeat to Kilmarnock really looking forward to the season because you could see in the manner of play that we were not far from a good side. Can't say I have felt that in the last two weeks. As for other players coming in? Not sure how much more money the board will release if this lot don't shape up [ my money says they will eventually]. Barr and Arfield would not arrive for sweeties and that includes wages. Remember JC and Stevie Hammell? We are not even approaching that yet though.

JimBHibees
24-09-2009, 02:48 PM
It's a good title for this thread ("He's all talk"), as he sends lots of messages out there, and contradict many his own points in the same interview. He's a man who likes to talk when perhaps he should keep his powder a little more dry.

In his last interview on HI he talks about all the players coming in with "smiles on their faces" and having a "great attitude" in training. He later goes on to say that some players lacking the right attitude and needing to manage them until the next transfer window.

He goes on and on about instilling his message of fighting until the last minute and the "boys taking it all on board". However it's difficult to see how this apparent passion is being transferred onto the the pitch. I do wonder whether so many messages might actually be diluting his points.

JH likes to talk (and talk), but he's in danger of building a wall too high for himself to get over. I think we will all give him the time he needs to deliver his vision, but if he keeps repeating his long "My Football Philosophy" speech, we'll soon switch start switching off. He needs to say a little less and do a little more.

I watched "The Dammed United" the other day and mad as he was, Brian Clough was the type of man most fans would love as a manager. All that "Young man, you're only good when I tell you you're good, and not before", followed by a clip round the ear (magic).

Wouldnt disagree with that to be honest. Watched an interview with HI just after the Hamilton game and it was all shape up or ship out sort of talk which IMO seemed a very extreme reaction to what was the first poor result of the season. Personally thought he should have been much more measured in what was said in public after that game.

sleeping giant
24-09-2009, 02:58 PM

:faf:

ahibby
24-09-2009, 03:46 PM
FWIW, Yogi didn't sign the two we have playing at centre half. IMO neither of them are centre halfs but if I was Yogi and Hogg was playing badly I would go with them but only because we don't really have recognised centre halfs at the club. That is one of our problems. We all (or atleast I think we all) rate Eddie Turnbull highly and he gave us and Aberdeen a much needed boost in his day as a manager. A quote from Eddie then "all good teams are built from the back". It looks to me that Bamba was brought in when he was to take over from Jones in time, I said it at the time and didn't agree with that move (but I'm happy enough that he is a Hibs player). For all his failings Jones is a centre half(back call it what you like) Bamba isn't. Murray is a left back or midfield player. From what I have seen of Stack he is on par with Simon Brown, if even that. We have young lads who can play left back or right back. Our defence is makeshift and mince. Not all Yogis fault and I am sure he tried to bolster the defence before the window closed but what he wanted would have been priced out.
Basically still most of what we have he inherited. Therefore he needs a chance to show us what he can do with our defence. Having said that I have reservations about his over all ability to out fox other managers which will play a large part in the SPL considering how often they play each other and the closeness of the teams. I was asked by Hibs why I hadn't renewed my ST and I replied it was because we hadn't addressed our centre half situation and neither had we a tough midfielder. I have been to all our home games bar the Celtic game, including pre seasons and I don't see an improvement and in fact I think some aspects of our game have gotten worse. Yogi does need time but how much are the directors calling shots up stairs and are they the right people to direct us in football? Financially sound in football terms maybe no where near sound.

ancient hibee
24-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Please no more Falkirk players.We are playing lke them enough as it is with ball being passed slowly around the midfield and the defence while the opponents regroup and mark tightly.This was why Falkirk couldn't score-the ball was taking far tool long to get in the danger areas.This doesn't mean hoofball but quick forwardpasses through a retreating defence.

Slightly off post-favourite Clough moment-

Martin O'Neill "Why am I in the second team boss?"

BC "Because we don't have a third team."

ancient hibee
24-09-2009, 03:52 PM
The Directors aren't coaching the team.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2009, 03:55 PM
FWIW, Yogi didn't sign the two we have playing at centre half. IMO neither of them are centre halfs but if I was Yogi and Hogg was playing badly I would go with them but only because we don't really have recognised centre halfs at the club. That is one of our problems. We all (or atleast I think we all) rate Eddie Turnbull highly and he gave us and Aberdeen a much needed boost in his day as a manager. A quote from Eddie then "all good teams are built from the back". It looks to me that Bamba was brought in when he was to take over from Jones in time, I said it at the time and didn't agree with that move (but I'm happy enough that he is a Hibs player). For all his failings Jones is a centre half(back call it what you like) Bamba isn't. Murray is a left back or midfield player. From what I have seen of Stack he is on par with Simon Brown, if even that. We have young lads who can play left back or right back. Our defence is makeshift and mince. Not all Yogis fault and I am sure he tried to bolster the defence before the window closed but what he wanted would have been priced out.
Basically still most of what we have he inherited. Therefore he needs a chance to show us what he can do with our defence. Having said that I have reservations about his over all ability to out fox other managers which will play a large part in the SPL considering how often they play each other and the closeness of the teams. I was asked by Hibs why I hadn't renewed my ST and I replied it was because we hadn't addressed our centre half situation and neither had we a tough midfielder. I have been to all our home games bar the Celtic game, including pre seasons and I don't see an improvement and in fact I think some aspects of our game have gotten worse. Yogi does need time but how much are the directors calling shots up stairs and are they the right people to direct us in football? Financially sound in football terms maybe no where near sound.

Bamba is a centre half, he's played 99% of his footbal career there, and also plays there for the ivory coast.:confused:

Gatecrasher
24-09-2009, 04:07 PM
It's funny how quickly folk change their minds, it wasn't that long ago folk were saying " these john Hughes interviews are great" now folk are saying " I wish he would stop talking *****"

Typical :hnet: eh

Brizo
24-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Can I be the first to start the bring back Jocky Scott campaign :duck: :devil:

Hes doing a good job in the first division and for those complaining about Yogis verbosity , the Jockster would be a barry appointment. Hes a dour monosyllabic miserabilist who makes Alex Miller appear like one of the Chuckle Brothers :wink:

cjhibee1
24-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I can't believe the over-reaction of people. The guy has played 7 competitive games. Won 4 and lost 3. That's not bad is it? Especially for someone who is inheriting a bad team from Mixu and who is still in the process of building a team. I'd say his signings have been great. Liam Miller and Anthony Stokes are two players you would not have expected to be Hibs players 6 months ago. Lay off Yogi. If we, the supporters, stay positive and let Yogi do his job we will do a hell of a lot better than when we are moaning and getting at the players. It's beggars belief the attitude of some on here, changes in football don't happen overnight so be patient.

Part/Time Supporter
24-09-2009, 05:08 PM
This thread will be getting bumped every time Hibs have a good performance / result.

:wink:

down the slope
24-09-2009, 05:47 PM
He's just been on STV again !, methinks he should be concentrating on sorting out our team instead of praising referee's.
I think a period of time keeping the head below the parapet would do him no harm.

GodisaHibee
24-09-2009, 06:00 PM

Perfect :top marks

Jim44
24-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I really don't know what to make of Hughes. A few years ago I thought he was a blethering idiot and didn't pay much attention to him. Then I began to think that he was making a bit of sense now and again. When he came to Hibs I started to really listen to him and thought that behind the gruff exterior he was making a lot of sense. However I'm beginning to think he likes the sound of his own voice and uses ten words when three would do.

Rasta_Hibs
24-09-2009, 06:03 PM
He's just been on STV again !, methinks he should be concentrating on sorting out our team instead of praising referee's.
I think a period of time keeping the head below the parapet would do him no harm.

I agree!

Down to business now Mr Hughes please and get your team performing then do the talking!

GodisaHibee
24-09-2009, 06:04 PM

Unfortunately; having convinced the board and the press that these guys are the best signings we could possibly make; we're stuck with them and; less importantly; Hughes has to justify their existense.........absolute crap.

This team needs changing from inside out.

Hibs Spain
24-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Wouldnt disagree with that to be honest. Watched an interview with HI just after the Hamilton game and it was all shape up or ship out sort of talk which IMO seemed a very extreme reaction to what was the first poor result of the season. Personally thought he should have been much more measured in what was said in public after that game.
I don't think the point of being more measured is the point.The point is that he hasn't done what he said he was going to do. We were as bad last Saturday as we were against Hamilton with basically the same bunch.For some reason best known to him,he ignored the warning signs and played exactly the same team and what should have happened on Saturday happened on Tuesday. Simple! He MUST have known the ins and outs of the Stokes thing before Saturday's game but played him anyway.Now that he's admitting that he's received the info..?? Bet he plays him this weekend. What kind of message does that send out to all :bitchy:

Toaods
24-09-2009, 07:00 PM
This thread will be getting bumped every time Hibs have a good performance / result.

that's why it's at the top now too...:wink:

Toaods
24-09-2009, 07:09 PM

good post IMHO. Faairly similar views to myself, so what one are you? hysterical or bevvied...:greengrin

matty_f
24-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't think the point of being more measured is the point.The point is that he hasn't done what he said he was going to do. We were as bad last Saturday as we were against Hamilton with basically the same bunch.For some reason best known to him,he ignored the warning signs and played exactly the same team and what should have happened on Saturday happened on Tuesday. Simple! He MUST have known the ins and outs of the Stokes thing before Saturday's game but played him anyway.Now that he's admitting that he's received the info..?? Bet he plays him this weekend. What kind of message does that send out to all :bitchy:

That when you hear both sides of the story you're better placed to decide how to deal with it than if you've just read sensationalised pish in the Sun?:dunno:

shamo9
24-09-2009, 07:18 PM

He was asked a question; he simply answered said question with his opinion on the matter:rolleyes:

That's what generally happens in a press conference.

hibsbollah
24-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Bamba is a centre half, he's played 99% of his footbal career there, and also plays there for the ivory coast.:confused:

Absolutely. I dont know where this 'hes not a centre half' comes from. People get used to what they know, I suppose.

Hibs Spain
24-09-2009, 07:28 PM
That when you hear both sides of the story you're better placed to decide how to deal with it than if you've just read sensationalised pish in the Sun?:dunno:You REALLY think he didn't know the story before that? Almost a whole week had gone by and Yogi didn't get a snif of any gossip true or otherwise? I don't think you've thought that through :confused:

Toaods
24-09-2009, 07:34 PM
He was asked a question; he simply answered said question with his opinion on the matter:rolleyes:

That's what generally happens in a press conference.

but he tells us Steve Conroy is the best referee in Scotland because he phoned the morning after a Falkirk game to admit he'd made a mistake in the day before's game. He also talks nicely to you off the park.

Sorry, I prefer to guage a good referee when the game goes by without noticing him and there is rarely a 3 minute finger wagging session, which Conroy's not exactly a stranger to.

Why didn't he simply answer that he doesn't have an opinion on referees - he expects fairness and common sense from them all*

*ludicrously stupid in essence but the way out of a daft story in the next chip wrapper.

Rasta_Hibs
24-09-2009, 07:36 PM
You REALLY think he didn't know the story before that? Almost a whole week had gone by and Yogi didn't get a snif of any gossip true or otherwise? I don't think you've thought that through :confused:

How to make a bad situation worse?

Flame the media fire by dropping Stokes, or deal with it internally, show some support and let him make the headlines for scoring 3 in two games?

shamo9
24-09-2009, 07:38 PM
but he tells us Steve Conroy is the best referee in Scotland because he phoned the morning after a Falkirk game to admit he'd made a mistake in the day before's game. He also talks nicely to you off the park.

Sorry, I prefer to guage a good referee when the game goes by without noticing him and there is rarely a 3 minute finger wagging session , which Conroy's not exactly a stranger to.

Why didn't he simply answer that he doesn't have an opinion on referees - he expectes fairness and common sense from them all*

*ludicrously stupid in essence but the way out of a daft story in the next chip wrapper.

Maybe he's hoping to 'encourage' the ref in regards to Saturday:wink:

Toaods
24-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Absolutely. I dont know where this 'hes not a centre half' comes from. People get used to what they know, I suppose.

it's hard to differenciate between defence or midfield as he's equally sublime or woeful in both (although I believe him to be a defender)

Toaods
24-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Maybe he's hoping to 'encourage' the ref in regards to Saturday:wink:

the only encouragement that will bring will be any opposition manager when we get a dodgy decision going our way next time Conroy's in charge.

Worse still a stonewaller is refused because Conroy wouldn't want to be seen to favouring.

Just keep your big gob shut - the best policy for a manager.

bingo70
24-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Sorry, I prefer to guage a good referee when the game goes by without noticing him and there is rarely a 3 minute finger wagging session , which Conroy's not exactly a stranger to.

Why didn't he simply answer that he doesn't have an opinion on referees - he expectes fairness and common sense from them all*

Probably because he does have an opinion on referees, he was only asked about the one we've got on saturday and he obviously feels he's a good one.

I'm all for criticising the team when they deserve it but some of the pish that Yogi's getting stick for is a nonsense.

He should stop speaking to the media and improve hibs??? WTF? Do people really believe he's neglecting his role by speaking to the media, a conference that probably took less than half an hour out his day?

The hysteria since Tuesday has been incredible and more over the top than I can ever remember.

matty_f
24-09-2009, 07:47 PM
You REALLY think he didn't know the story before that? Almost a whole week had gone by and Yogi didn't get a snif of any gossip true or otherwise? I don't think you've thought that through :confused:

The boy's hit 3 goals in 2 games. Hughes called it right, IMHO.

FWIW, given the comments that Hughes made on Saturday after seeing the headlines, I'm willing to accept that was when he knew about it. There was nothing in the article with any comment (even to say 'no comment') from Hibs.

As for not having thought it through, I am comfortable that Hughes will have weighed up what Stokes had to say for himself, against what was in the paper and acted accordingly.

I'm guessing that you know one side of the story, and you've made your mind up on it from that. Fair enough, but I don't think you've thought it through.

Toaods
24-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Probably because he does have an opinion on referees, he was only asked about the one we've got on saturday and he obviously feels he's a good one.

I'm all for criticising the team when they deserve it but some of the pish that Yogi's getting stick for is a nonsense.

He should stop speaking to the media and improve hibs??? WTF? Do people really believe he's neglecting his role by speaking to the media, a conference that probably took less than half an hour out his day?

The hysteria since Tuesday has been incredible and more over the top than I can ever remember.

I don't recall saying he shouldn't speak to the media - I'm suggesting he plays the media game in the correct manner. It's not like he's only been a manager for 5 games.

These 'good guys' willl be the first to hang him out to dry when it suits them.

lapsedhibee
24-09-2009, 07:50 PM

FWIW, given the comments that Hughes made on Saturday after seeing the headlines, I'm willing to accept that was when he knew about it. There was nothing in the article with any comment (even to say 'no comment') from Hibs.

As for not having thought it through, I am comfortable that Hughes will have weighed up what Stokes had to say for himself, against what was in the paper and acted accordingly.

I'm guessing that you know one side of the story, and you've made your mind up on it from that. Fair enough, but I don't think you've thought it through.

This is beginning to sound like the start of a Haven't Thought It Through clique.

matty_f
24-09-2009, 07:51 PM

:top marks

matty_f
24-09-2009, 07:51 PM
This is beginning to sound like the start of a Haven't Thought It Through clique.

:tee hee:

Hibs Spain
24-09-2009, 07:55 PM

I'm guessing that you know one side of the story, and you've made your mind up on it from that. Fair enough, but I don't think you've thought it through.If the story had come out on the Monday or Tuesday, do you think he should have dropped Stokes for the Saturday game bearing in mind the hard line he had taken on the indiscipline off the pitch stuff?

bingo70
24-09-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't recall saying he shouldn't speak to the media - I'm suggesting he plays the media game in the correct manner. It's not like he's only been a manager for 5 games.

These 'good guys' willl be the first to hang him out to dry when it suits them.

That wasn't just directed at you, apologies, i probably should have used the muti-quote thingy.

Point still stands though, it's comparable to when Mixu was hear towards the end of the season, people waiting to read what the manager says so they can find fault with it and use it as a stick to beat him with.

Under Mixu i could understand it though, cos he generally did speak pish, had a pish team and had had long enough for it to be clear it wasn't working. Yogi's just in the door though, we're 3rd in the league and pre tuesday everyone was praising how well he came across in the media, why the sudden need to find faults with him?

matty_f
24-09-2009, 08:01 PM
If the story had come out on the Monday or Tuesday, do you think he should have dropped Stokes for the Saturday game bearing in mind the hard line he had taken on the indiscipline off the pitch stuff?

When the story came out makes no difference to me. I only know one side of it. How can I reasonably make a judgement on what action Yogi should have taken without knowing the whole situation?

Toaods
24-09-2009, 08:02 PM
That wasn't just directed at you, apologies, i probably should have used the muti-quote thingy.

Point still stands though, it's comparable to when Mixu was hear towards the end of the season, people waiting to read what the manager says so they can find fault with it and use it as a stick to beat him with.

Under Mixu i could understand it though, cos he generally did speak pish, had a pish team and had had long enough for it to be clear it wasn't working. Yogi's just in the door though, we're 3rd in the league and pre tuesday everyone was praising how well he came across in the media, why the sudden need to find faults with him?

can't recall seeing a more self-contradictory post for a long time.... :cool2:

Hibs Spain
24-09-2009, 08:08 PM
When the story came out makes no difference to me. I only know one side of it. How can I reasonably make a judgement on what action Yogi should have taken without knowing the whole situation?OK .. If the story had come out on Mon or Tue and by the end of Wednesday Yogi knew both sides of the story,do you think he should have played Stokes on Saturday?

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2009, 08:08 PM
When the story came out makes no difference to me. I only know one side of it. How can I reasonably make a judgement on what action Yogi should have taken without knowing the whole situation?

Spot on Matty.:agree:

bingo70
24-09-2009, 08:11 PM
can't recall seeing a more self-contradictory post for a long time.... :cool2:

Hows that then? :cool2:

Toaods
24-09-2009, 08:11 PM

the same way Yogi will have based his actions on only hearing one side of the story...:greengrin

Toaods
24-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Hows that then? :cool2:

see my earlier post #53

I don't have an opinion on your post - I expects fairness and common sense from them all

:greengrin

matty_f
24-09-2009, 08:21 PM
OK .. If the story had come out on Mon or Tue and by the end of Wednesday Yogi knew both sides of the story,do you think he should have played Stokes on Saturday?

I don't know if you're being obtuse or just deliberately missing the point - how can I make a judgement on what Yogi should have done when I don't know the whole story?

matty_f
24-09-2009, 08:22 PM
the same way Yogi will have based his actions on only hearing one side of the story...:greengrin

Well, he'd have seen one version of events in the paper, and then got Stokes' version of events. Not quite the same.

pepe
24-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I think we really miss Rob Jones. It took Hibs a long long time to find a CH in his mould, It could be a long long time before we find another.

Toaods
24-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, he'd have seen one version of events in the paper, and then got Stokes' version of events. Not quite the same.

exactly....and when faced with the headmaster/teacher...I never played football in the playground ever...:faf:

Hughes has hinted he is disappointed in Stokes actions therefore we can safely assume Stokes has as good as put his hand up for a skelp on the wrist and a 'don't let it happen again' reprimand. Interesting to see if a non-Yogi signing gets the same leeway, which is not the type of management Yogi spoke so openly about only a week or so before.

I think that is the underlying point Hibs Spain is trying to emphasise.

Toaods
24-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I think we really miss Rob Jones. It took Hibs a long long time to find a CH in his mould, It could be a long long time before we find another.

:agree:...especially if our net only stretches as far as Falkirk.

Hibs Spain
24-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't know if you're being obtuse or just deliberately missing the point - how can I make a judgement on what Yogi should have done when I don't know the whole story?All right ... Lets try and cover all your exits.. If you and Yogi sat down on the Monday morning and had a meeting with Stokes,the staff of the bar where the incident took place and it was agreed to eveyone's satisfaction that Stokes was involved in a drunken brawl that caused chaos,caused the bar staff to eject him,caused serious embarrassment to other Hibs players who were there and generally acted in a way that Hughes had already said publicly would not be tolerated by the club..Do you personally think Stokes should have been picked for the Saturday game?

Danderhall Hibs
24-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Which it doesn't, so we should be alright.

Hamish
24-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Far too sensible a post for this thread.

matty_f
24-09-2009, 08:42 PM
exactly....and when faced with the headmaster/teacher...I never played football in the playground ever...:faf:

Hughes has hinted he is disappointed in Stokes actions therefore we can safely assume Stokes has as good as put his hand up for a skelp on the wrist and a 'don't let it happen again' reprimand. Interesting to see if a non-Yogi signing gets the same leeway, which is not the type of management Yogi spoke so openly about only a week or so before.

I think that is the underlying point Hibs Spain is trying to emphasise.

Well it's all conjecture then. Regardless, it's not always appropriate to discipline people in exactly the same manner for seemingly similar 'offences'.

Without knowing the circumstances around it all, it's impossible to say what should or shouldn't have been done, and similarly you can't say that Yogi has set a precedent because the next time something happens it'll likely be different.

Yogi has to take each thing he comes across on its own merits. In this case, he publicly criticised Stokes, and left him to play on the Saturday. I'm happy with that.

Hamish
24-09-2009, 08:46 PM
He could see when at Falkirk that we were soft touches so he bought players he knew and trusted and who he thinks will change the mentality of the squad

We are not even in October - it might be next year before we see a difference.

FWIW JH wouldn't have been my choice. Facts are that he is. He deserves some time and patience which I realise most football fans do not have a great abundance of.

matty_f
24-09-2009, 08:47 PM
All right ... Lets try and cover all your exits.. If you and Yogi sat down on the Monday morning and had a meeting with Stokes,the staff of the bar where the incident took place and it was agreed to eveyone's satisfaction that Stokes was involved in a drunken brawl that caused chaos,caused the bar staff to eject him,caused serious embarrassment to other Hibs players who were there and generally acted in a way that Hughes had already said publicly would not be tolerated by the club..Do you personally think Stokes should have been picked for the Saturday game?

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

In the unlikely event that those circumstances came up, and that's how the conversation went, and all of us ignored how contrived it was to back up what you want me to say, then I'll play along and say yes, Stokes should have been dropped for that game.

However, back in the real world I'll stick to my original point which is to say that because I know nothing of the circumstances surrounding the alleged incident, it is impossible for me to give a reasoned and informed judgement on what action should or should not have been taken.

matty_f
24-09-2009, 09:04 PM

:agree:

Toaods
24-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Without knowing the circumstances around it all, it's impossible to say what should or shouldn't have been done,.

absolutely. no more football, scandal, accusations or complaints.

No discussing our friends on the other side of town and dodgy money.

brrrr...it was cold at ER the other night wasn't it...:cool2:

jdships
24-09-2009, 09:12 PM

Seems the "right take" to me :thumbsup:

Overall I wasn't convinced JH was the right man for the job and must say the "jury's still out" at this moment in time.

:flag:

matty_f
24-09-2009, 09:13 PM
absolutely. no more football, scandal, accusations or complaints.

No discussing our friends on the other side of town and dodgy money.

brrrr...it was cold at ER the other night wasn't it...:cool2:

depends where you were sitting.:cool2:

FWIW, I will happily chuck my tuppenceworth in when it's to noise up the Yams, however I am usually careful not to wade in and jump on the sensationalist, knee-jerk reaction when it comes to scandals, accusations, and complaints.

Particularly so when the 'scandal' involves a player at the club I support, where I would have thought more people would have refused to boot the boy without knowing the whole story, but there you go.

Edit: anyway, this debate came about in response to a question about what message playing Stokes on Saturday gave to the other players, which pretty much renders your point there irrelevant.

Hibs Spain
24-09-2009, 09:24 PM
:faf::faf::faf::faf:

In the unlikely event that those circumstances came up, and that's how the conversation went, and all of us ignored how contrived it was to back up what you want me to say, then I'll play along and say yes, Stokes should have been dropped for that game.

However, back in the real world I'll stick to my original point which is to say that because I know nothing of the circumstances surrounding the alleged incident, it is impossible for me to give a reasoned and informed judgement on what action should or should not have been taken.Christ .. That was a struggle .. You must be in politics :greengrin I'll stay in the world of fantasy if that's ok with you because that's what happened :thumbsup:

Toaods
24-09-2009, 09:28 PM

nearly reached Falkirk after that Jody Morris piledriver though...:greengrin.

matty_f
24-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Christ .. That was a struggle .. You must be in politics :greengrin I'll stay in the world of fantasy if that's ok with you because that's what happened :thumbsup:

'course it was :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
24-09-2009, 09:31 PM
I'll stay in the world of fantasy

Indeed. :cool2:

Toaods
24-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Particularly so when the 'scandal' involves a player at the club I support, where I would have thought more people would have refused to boot the boy without knowing the whole story, but there you go.

understandable loyalty there Matty - thing is it takes all sorts in a club to attain an even keel - for as much as a wayward star might have plenty people prepared to listen to his sob stories and tales of woe or mistaken identity, there are just as many who will call for some ounishment to be metted out.

A good manager will know how to apply the right balance and ensure the punishment fits the crime, although as in football , perhaps a caution before a red card isn't so bad after all.

One thing we all know though...Stokes better think a bit harder about what he gets up to when living it up. I actually wanted Stokes to play anyway as I like to get the 'no goals' nonsense cast adrift ASAP.......another reason why I couldn't understand why Liam Miller never got to take the spot kick v St Johnstone....:grr:

Hibs Spain
24-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Indeed. :cool2:Chortle chortle.. You know I'm right.:wink:

matty_f
24-09-2009, 09:46 PM
understandable loyalty there Matty - thing is it takes all sorts in a club to attain an even keel - for as much as a wayward star might have plenty people prepared to listen to his sob stories and tales of woe or mistaken identity, there are just as many who will call for some ounishment to be metted out.

A good manager will know how to apply the right balance and ensure the punishment fits the crime, although as in football , perhaps a caution before a red card isn't so bad after all.

One thing we all know though...Stokes better think a bit harder about what he gets up to when living it up. I actually wanted Stokes to play anyway as I like to get the 'no goals' nonsense cast adrift ASAP.......another reason why I couldn't understand why Liam Miller never got to take the spot kick v St Johnstone....:grr:

A good manager will make a judgement based on the facts as he sees them.:agree:

Toaods
24-09-2009, 09:52 PM
A good manager will make a judgement based on the facts as he sees them.:agree:

or believes should be seen
(to avoid cutting off his nose to spite his face.)

Danderhall Hibs
24-09-2009, 09:58 PM
or believes should be seen
(to avoid cutting off his nose to spite his face.)

No - because a manager that done that wouldn't be a good manager.

Hibs Spain
24-09-2009, 09:59 PM
A good manager will make a judgement based on the facts as he sees them.:agree:By my rules,I HAD to get rid of someone a couple of weeks ago. I didn't because it would have created a load of problems for me logistically.true story... Still intent on getting rid of this person but in the meantime I know that my authority has been comprimised and that others will see it as having been weak.It's not easy and Hughes on a bigger scale has done a similar thing.

matty_f
24-09-2009, 10:01 PM
By my rules,I HAD to get rid of someone a couple of weeks ago. I didn't because it would have created a load of problems for me logistically.true story... Still intent on getting rid of this person but in the meantime I know that my authority has been comprimised and that others will see it as having been weak.It's not easy and Hughes on a bigger scale has done a similar thing.

In your opinion.

Toaods
24-09-2009, 10:10 PM
No - because a manager that done that wouldn't be a good manager.

ahibby
25-09-2009, 08:30 AM

Maybe so but he played 99% of his games in midfield during his first season with Hibs and only plays centre half now because Jones left. Maybe I should have said he isn't my idea of a centre half, atleast in the current set up he isn't. His problems are mainly positional IMO and that may be caused by having an inexperienced left back in Hanlon playing along side. I think it's a bit much to ask Bamba to carry young players in this way, especially as he wasn't playing centre half in his first season for us. I'm sure the board expect Yogi to play our youngsters in the left and right back positions which isn't good enough in my view as Hogg and Bamba aren't all that experienced at a high level in league football.

basehibby
25-09-2009, 09:49 AM
He could see when at Falkirk that we were soft touches so he bought players he knew and trusted and who he thinks will change the mentality of the squad

We are not even in October - it might be next year before we see a difference.

FWIW JH wouldn't have been my choice. Facts are that he is. He deserves some time and patience which I realise most football fans do not have a great abundance of.

:top marksI DID want Hughes and was delighted at his arrival, but if someone else had been appointed I would still be right behind whoever it was and wishing him success - I certainly would not be dishing out pelters in a told-you-so manner at the first sign of difficulty.

WindyMiller
25-09-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm wi you Toaods.

Not on this thread you didn't.

yogi984
25-09-2009, 07:58 PM

When did Liam Miller play for Falkirk :confused:

Yogi is bringing in players he has seen play and think can do a job for us! Far better this way than your Keenans, gatheussi etc of the world.

Danderhall Hibs
25-09-2009, 08:01 PM
When did Liam Miller play for Falkirk :confused:

Yogi is bringing in players he has seen play and think can do a job for us! Far better this way than your Keenans, gatheussi etc of the world.

I think it must've been a trial game. It was the same game that Galbraith and Stack played as well.

yogi984
25-09-2009, 08:01 PM
:top marksI DID want Hughes and was delighted at his arrival, but if someone else had been appointed I would still be right behind whoever it was and wishing him success - I certainly would not be dishing out pelters in a told-you-so manner at the first sign of difficulty.

Exactly, he's two months in ffs. We have no centre halfs granted, but finally we are waiting for quality (Barr) rather than silly signings for the sake of it. Now Ramadam is over Zemmama and Benji will give us extra :cool2:

Patience is the word, not just with the manager but the players coming through and the team shape taking place. I know we have had a crappy couple of years but things will get better.

yogi984
25-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I think it must've been a trial game. It was the same game that Galbraith and Stack played as well.

:greengrin :top marks

Oh aye, and Stokes signed because Yogi was his manager at Falkirk, not because Stokes played for Falkirk if that makes sense. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
25-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Not on this thread you didn't.

You need to read the rest if this thread :wink: and not just part of it as this was dealt with further on.

Toaods
25-09-2009, 09:07 PM

dont take it so literal. with Barr + Arfield on the hitlist the point is plain to see. Not that it matters too much but IIRC Stack was injured when on trial at Falkirk?

yogi984
25-09-2009, 09:48 PM
I wanted Hughes in too, still do but that's it, it's down to opinions at this stage.
My opinion is we will improve greatly this season as I feel we have some cracking players and a decent depth of squad, I feel the youngsters that stepped up will feed into the team through the season and aquit themselves very well.
There's no one I want to see leave ER but I want them all to improve.

Not saying any one else is wrong, just my opinion.

We are comparing Yogi with Tonys start too much to be honest. TM when he came in hadthe young players and the team that had started playing together under BW to bring on and it worked a treat, minus Smurph they were the same players a the season before.

Yogi is brining through younger lads, bringing his own players in and trying to getwhat he has to take shape, nowhere near the tallent Tony had at his disposal but we will get there :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
26-09-2009, 03:59 PM
bump

Mixu won 4-1 there last season

Pedantic_Hibee
26-09-2009, 04:07 PM
bump

Collins won 6v1 the season before :greengrin

Kato
26-09-2009, 04:07 PM
bump

No he didn't. Donald Park and Gareth Evans did. Mixu was away that whole week and for once that season Hibs looked like a football team.

Davy Mac
26-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Aye maybe, but I personally don't think a striker can be that influencial on the whole team due to his position - just look at Jody Morris, right in the middle anklebiting at every opportunity and geeing up the players.

Deeks seems to get frustrated and quite rightly so as the service to the front has been so poor over the last couple of seasons.

You know, we've spent months wishing on his return and sadly there are an awful lot of posters shooting the guy down, jeezo we need to keep Deeks not drive him away and hopefully he will start by scoring a goal or two at the weekend.

I said on another thread that Deeks mumps and moans because he does care and I think he is a bit misunderstood at times but for me he is still our most talented player by a long way and I for one want to keep him.

Roll on the weekend and I would put a couple of quid on it as well:agree:

Ya beauty..........:greengrin

basehibby
26-09-2009, 06:55 PM
After last Tuesday's admittedly pish result and performance vs St Johnstone there were a number of posters on here calling for Yogi's head, claiming stuff like I always knew he was gash and the we should have got thon Gannon gadge in - who is far superior. One, to my utter astonishment posted with great certainty that we are a stick on for relegation :bitchy:

Anyway - any of you out there (you know who you are :wink:) had a change of heart at all after today's result and performance???

Toaods
26-09-2009, 07:12 PM
After last Tuesday's admittedly pish result and performance vs St Johnstone there were a number of posters on here calling for Yogi's head, claiming stuff like I always knew he was gash and the we should have got thon Gannon gadge in - who is far superior. One, to my utter astonishment posted with great certainty that we are a stick on for relegation :bitchy:

Anyway - any of you out there (you know who you are :wink:) had a change of heart at all after today's result and performance???

Can you actually show any of the posts that called for his head.....:confused:

I recall plenty people saying it was a relegation typoe performance but don't recall anyone saying with 'great certainty' we would get relegated.

I think maybe you've got yourself a but carried away with today's result:greengrin

Cropley10
26-09-2009, 07:17 PM
one swallow doesn't give your burd two bushes,
he who laughs last, lasts the last laugh lastly and never count your chickens unless your sure the kettle isn't black.

Correct:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
26-09-2009, 07:19 PM

I recall plenty people saying it was a relegation typoe performance but don't recall anyone saying with 'great certainty' we would get relegated.

I think maybe you've got yourself a but carried away with today's result:greengrin

dinnae want him now

Toaods
26-09-2009, 07:36 PM

thats my opinion.

I didn't say he should be emptied.

if you want to get involved, at least get it right...:wink:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Think Toaods was slightly peshed when making that remark PTS :greengrin:drunk:

Toaods
26-09-2009, 07:42 PM

Oi you...:devil:

Hiber-nation
26-09-2009, 07:43 PM

What did you think about the way Yogi had the team set up today then?

:hmmm:

Alex Trager
26-09-2009, 07:45 PM
toads ,i was arguing with you and others about wanting his head allready on wedensday

Rasta_Hibs
26-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Mon Yogi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great result today my man! Thanks for putting a smile on our faces and slapping big massive skelpings of egg on all your doubters faces! :bye:

Keep up the good work and i love the look of our squad! Just wait till we get the defence sorted out!:thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
26-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I'd never have guessed

Toaods
26-09-2009, 08:14 PM
toads ,i was arguing with you and others about wanting his head allready on wedensday

here's my original post.....

I said if he didn't improve(after that shambles) he wouldn't last long. That is vastly different from stating he should be sacked as was suggested.

nb. For those that thought I might have been bevvied when posting that, i can confirm my daughter had messed around and switched some of the buttons the keyboard...:fibber:

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2009, 08:21 PM
here's my original post.....

I said if he didn't improve(after that shambles) he wouldn't last long. That is vastly different from stating he should be sacked as was suggested.

nb. For those that thought I might have been bevvied when posting that, i can confirm my daughter had messed around and switched some of the buttons the keyboard...:fibber:

I do think saying you did not want him from the start, and dont want him now, is really not giving him the best support you could be though. I mean, he's only been in the job 5 minutes, and he's done ok so far. The quality of his last 2 signings are good, and i'm sure if he's given time, the next ones will be similar, and hopefully defenders.

He also seemed to be better today than the other manager who was up for the job, and some people's choice over yogi.:wink:

basehibby
26-09-2009, 08:24 PM

OK - maybe I was paraphrasing a wee bit - but posts 8, 31, 34, 43, 49 on this thread show that some of the disappointment was almost bordering on hysteria .

More to the point your own post 69 stated at the end "this game could show whether he’s got the ability to manage.." (once again paraphrasing)

So what I'm asking is whether today's performance has allayed anyones fears at all???

Hibby 2005
26-09-2009, 10:01 PM
What did you think about the way Yogi had the team set up today then?

:hmmm:

Excellent line-up today, full of ball players, playing a passing game.

Defence looked better with Hogg back and Hanlon rested although Stack is obviously not comfortable with crosses.

The same line-up and result next week and we can start to look forward, dare I say it, with optimism.

Well done Yogi today on some brave changes and a positive attitude away from home.

Hiber-nation
26-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Excellent line-up today, full of ball players, playing a passing game.

Defence looked better with Hogg back and Hanlon rested although Stack is obviously not comfortable with crosses.

The same line-up and result next week and we can start to look forward, dare I say it, with optimism.

Well done Yogi today on some brave changes and a positive attitude away from home.

yogi984
26-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Parallels today with the mixu match at well last season. We have a long long way to go but it will happen. Miller and the wee man were fantastic today and we looked better. We still need a centre half and a right back and dare I say it a new keeper. Maka and stack aint the answer. Makas a bombscare who rarely plays well and stacks not commanding enough. A bit of nick colgan in him! Joint second come oct though, I can live with that. Although not being in that draw on thurs was gutting.