PDA

View Full Version : Team for Saturday

CB_NO3
22-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I think we need big changes for the weekends game. I would go with a simple 4-4-2. I would bring Maka back in for Stack, I think Stacks handling is poor and he does not come for crosses. Am hoping Hogg being dropped has gave him a good kick up the backside he needed, and would like to see him return with Murray going in a left back (Hanlon aint doing it for me) with McCormack and Bamba keeping their places. In midfield I would like Zemmama on the right and Galbraith on the left. Galbraith deserves a chance and looks sharp when he comes on and will provide us with much needed width. In the middle I would play Cregg and Miller. I like the look of McBride but he is playing far too deep and coming far too deep to pick up the ball and I think it is effecting our shape when he gets the ball. Upfront I would play Stokes and Benji. Deek has been poor this season, I know he is capable of getting a goal out of nothing but his movement is poor and looks so slow for a guy who is only 26 year old and Benji deserves a chance.

Thoughts?

Jonnyboy
22-09-2009, 11:50 PM
I think we need big changes for the weekends game. I would go with a simple 4-4-2. I would bring Maka back in for Stack, I think Stacks handling is poor and he does not come for crosses. Am hoping Hogg being dropped has gave him a good kick up the backside he needed, and would like to see him return with Murray going in a left back (Hanlon aint doing it for me) with McCormack and Bamba keeping their places. In midfield I would like Zemmama on the right and Galbraith on the left. Galbraith deserves a chance and looks sharp when he comes on and will provide us with much needed width. In the middle I would play Cregg and Miller. I like the look of McBride but he is playing far too deep and coming far too deep to pick up the ball and I think it is effecting our shape when he gets the ball. Upfront I would play Stokes and Benji. Deek has been poor this season, I know he is capable of getting a goal out of nothing but his movement is poor and looks so slow for a guy who is only 26 year old and Benji deserves a chance.

Thoughts?

Interesting views :agree:

I'd go

Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

NYHibby
22-09-2009, 11:58 PM

I'd go

Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

I'd go with that except I'd have Benji on. It's a toss up if you drop Stokes or Riordan.

Perspective
23-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Maka

Hanlon Hogg Murray Wotherspoon

Zemmama Bamba Miller McBride

Stokes Benji

jakedance
23-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Maka

Hanlon
Murray
Hogg
McCormack

Bamba
Zemmamma
Riordan
McBride

Stokes
Benji

I don't think any particular player deserves to be singled out and dropped but the guys I've brought in deserve a run out. Bamba needs to go back into midfield. I wouldn't be surprised, or disappointed to see more changes though.

Ell_Chrisso
23-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Maka

Murray Hogg Bamba Hanlon

Zemmama Cregg Miller Rankin

Riordan Stokes

Zemmama19
23-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Team should be

Stack
Mccann Hogg Bamba Murray

Zemmama Cregg Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Scooter
23-09-2009, 06:39 AM

I'd go

Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Stevenson

Zemmama
Bamba
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

I liked your team but changed it just a tad. Murray at CH Stevenson atLB bamba at CM.

I posted a team on another thread and got shot down for putting DW at RB cuase he's not a right back, well neither is maccormack and DW looked Berger there last night.

rainman
23-09-2009, 06:42 AM

I'd go

Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

The fact we're losing to teams like Hamilton and St Johnstone when we can put out a team like that is extremely worrying!

Add to that Hughes stating players having egos then saying he knew we'd lose to hamilton on the bus going through, this problem needs to be addressed asap.

Steve20
23-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Zemmama
Bamba
Miller
Riordan

Stokes
Benji

rainman
23-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Zemmama
Bamba
Miller
Riordan

Stokes
Benji

If we'd done what we should've done and signed Rob Jones' replacement, Murray coukld be moved into midfield and Riordan put up front.

How many team would run over a midfield of Zemmama, Bamba, Miller and Murray?

brydekirk
23-09-2009, 07:04 AM
:top marks:agree::agree::agree:

Speedway
23-09-2009, 07:07 AM

Thoughts?

Benji for Deek I agree with but I'd go the wholesale changes route:

Stack

Hogg
Thicot
Bamba
Murray

Zoumer
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Benji
Stokes

Steve20
23-09-2009, 07:23 AM
If we'd done what we should've done and signed Rob Jones' replacement, Murray coukld be moved into midfield and Riordan put up front.

How many team would run over a midfield of Zemmama, Bamba, Miller and Murray?

I agree. The only reason i don't have Murray in midfield is the lack of another centre half.

I have noticed some saying drop Deek. Seriously, I still can't believe anyone would do such a silly thing.

johnrebus
23-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Zemmama
Bamba
Miller
Riordan

Stokes
Benji

Apart from Cregg for Miller and I would go with that.

:agree:

Craig_in_Prague
23-09-2009, 08:40 AM

I'd go

Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Exactly what I would go for. :agree:

Zemmama needs to start, and although the midfield tries to be all neat and tidy, I noticed last night how St J could be pressing us quite high up the park, as we had no turn of pace when attacking, so Zemmama and Galbraith will certainly give us that.

I think too many are getting their knickers in a twist over last night, there's plenty room for improvement, but the signs still look promising, Miller & Stokes are quality and still finding there feet, whilst Zemmama and Benji both look interested again and have to feature more.

BTW the crowd was once again Pathetic last night.
IMO the crowd could have helped the side at times but once again it was shocking.

Ritchie
23-09-2009, 08:40 AM

Thoughts?

i've been saying the same for a good few weeks now..... it wont happen though.

4-4-2 is a bad word at easter road/east mains dont you know!! :agree:

archiebald
23-09-2009, 10:45 AM
all wrong because we play 4-3-3 :agree:

Benny Brazil
23-09-2009, 10:55 AM
What about 3-5-2? I know hardly anyone plays this way but it may suit our players more.

Maka

McCormack
Hogg - acts as a Sweeper
Thicot

Wotherspoon - RWB
Miller
Zouma
Bamba - holding midfielder
Murray - LWB

Riordan
Stokes

Franck is God
23-09-2009, 11:32 AM
We need organisation and a shouter at the back so Hogg must come back in, we also miss the bite that Cregg gave us in the first few matches of the season so he should be back in too. Zemmama is our best creator so he should be in and Riordan needs to be dropped because although he has scored a couple of goals this season he hasn't tried his arse the rest of the time.

Don't even get me started about Stack, he is a reserve keeper and alway will be.

My Team would be.

Maka

McCann----Hogg----Bamba----Murray

McBride
Cregg----------Miller

Zemmama----------------------------
---------------Benji
Stokes

With Maka back in goals he will command his area and push the defence out, Hogg can hold a good high line and can talk Bamba through the game which he clearly needs.

In the midfield we will have a player to win it, one to hold it and one to find someone with a pass.

Zemmama and Benji can work together just behind Stokes and all three are clever enough to work out each others games and link well.

PISTOL1875
23-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Stack

W'Spoon Hogg Murray Hanlon

Zemmama BAMBA Miller Stevenson

Stokes Riordan

HibbyScott
23-09-2009, 11:49 AM
What about 3-5-2? I know hardly anyone plays this way but it may suit our players more.

Maka

McCormack
Hogg - acts as a Sweeper
Thicot

Wotherspoon - RWB
Miller
Zouma
Bamba - holding midfielder
Murray - LWB

Riordan
Stokes

A 3-5-2 maybe would work, but IMO Murray doesn't have the pace to be a WB

I think a 4-4-2 would be best for Saturday

Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Stevenson

Zemmama
Bamba
Miller
Galbraith

Benji
Stokes

With Riordan able to come on in the second half if we're needing a bit of magic from somewhere. Might also give him a wee bit of time to get out of his huff. Definately think Bamba needs to move back into the midfield, he lost far too many high balls last night for someone of his size.

HibeeUnderwood
23-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I'd go with

GK Stack

RB McCormack
CB Hogg
CB Murray
LB Stevenson

RM Zemmama
CM Miller
CM Cregg
LM Galbraith

ST Stokes
ST Benji

Subs
Ma-Kalambay
Thicot
Hanlon
Wotherspoon
Rankin
Riordan
Byrne

The_Horde
23-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Team should be

Stack
Mccann Hogg Bamba Murray

Zemmama Cregg Miller Galbraith

Stokes Benji

Just made one change to that one. :agree:

MyJo
23-09-2009, 01:26 PM
______________maka

mccormack___hogg___bamba___murray

_____zouma___mcbride___miller
wotherspoon_______________riordan

_____________stokes

Judas Iscariot
23-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon Thicot Murray Hanlon

Zemamma Bamba Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Speedway
23-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Perhaps if we played the best player we've got for each position, that could help.

Hibees07
23-09-2009, 02:07 PM
A bit more radical 3-1-3-3 Formation:

Maka

McCormack Hogg Murray

Bamba

Wotherspoon Miller McBride

Zooma Stokes Deeks

I'm sure Barcelona play a similar formation.

Judas Iscariot
23-09-2009, 02:48 PM
A bit more radical 3-1-3-3 Formation:

Maka

McCormack Hogg Murray

Bamba

Wotherspoon Miller McBride

Zooma Stokes Deeks

I'm sure Barcelona play a similar formation.

Spot the difference :rolleyes:

Stenhousehibs
23-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Stack

McCormack Hogg Bamba Stevenson

Zemmama Miller Murray Rankin

Stokes Riordan

Our best run of wins recently came at the beginning of Mixu's reign when Murray produced some outstanding midfield displays. While I thought Bamba was outstanding in this position last year his distribution is often suspect as shown last night.

Last night was poor but on the whole most our given up possession came from Hanlon, McBride and Bamba. For me Zemmama, Miller and Stokes were the only decent players last night and should all be allowed to express their undoubted talent. The key is finding the best balance in midfield and if we do then we can still do well this season but for now it is trial and error.

gstarbry1875
23-09-2009, 03:37 PM
What i would like to see us play (4-4-2)

(gk) Maka

(lb) Murray
(rb) Wotherspoon
(cb) Hogg
(cb) Bamba

(lm) Galbraith
(rm) Zemmama
(cm) Cregg
(cm) Miller

(str) Riordan
(str) Stokes

Subs: Stack, Hanlon, McCormack, McBride, Rankin, Benji, Byrne

I know we won't play a 4-4-2 but that's what i would like to see us go with!

Sloppy
23-09-2009, 03:45 PM
maka

wotherspoon murray hogg hanlon
rankin bamba miller cregg
stokes nish:wink:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

500miles
23-09-2009, 04:57 PM
....................Maka
.McCann.Bamba....Hogg.Murray
..................McBride
.Wotherspoon.Miller.Zemmama
.............Stokes..Nish

Makalamby back in. We're playing too high a line to play a Keeper who doesn't come off his line.

I really hope McCann is fit, i've always rated him, and he is our only real rightback.

Hogg comes back in, because, without him, I feel we lack shape at the back.

Murray gets forward better than Hanlon.

I had a lot of sympathy for McBride last night. The men in front of him struggled to break loose, after 70minutes especially, and that was when his passes started to go astrey and get intercepted. However, another week of training, and another game under his belt, and Miller will be closer to full fitness and offer more movement, along with Wotherspoon and Zemmama.

Wotherspoon is a very young player with a lot of talent. We need to show faith in him, especially after a couple of great performances.

Zemmama came on and was beating players, holding the ball, and passing very well. Get him in the team.

The forward pairing is Nish and Stokes or Riordan. As much as he can look like a huddie, and "doesn't win as much as he should in the air" (allegedly - IMO people say that like he's battling in the air with the 7 dwarfs) he still knocks the ball down far better than both Riordan and Stokes combined. He adds an extra dimension to our game, when we need to get the ball forward quicker. For me Stokes is first choice to play next to Nish, because he has that extra bit of aggression, and it is ABSOLUTELY unnacceptable for someone like Riordan to miss 2 penalties in 2 weeks like he has done - if you're someone who is, singularly, a goalscorer, you CANNOT pass up chances like he has done. Put him on the bench - at the very least, he offers a real goal threat from the bench when the opposition is tiring.

225-EasterRd
23-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Stevenson or Hanlon

Zoumma
Millar
Bamba
Riordan or Galbraith

Stokes
Benji

Well guys we all know things have too change, Stack no better than Maka, Maka just shades it for me, i would like to see hogg and murray try to strike up an understanding.
Big bamba was good in midfield last season and we need someone big in there to brake things up
Deek scored some great goals coming from the left side in the past :agree:, give Benji a chance?

shamo9
23-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Our defence is poor whichever way you look at it. We can minimise this by playing as few as posssible:greengrin
..............................Maka

........... McCormack....Hogg....Murray

.Wotherspoon..........Bamba..............Galbraith

...................Zemmama........Miller

..................Stokes.............Riordan

I'd be tempted to play Benji instead of Riordan, I suppose it depends on his attitude in training this week; he could be well up for it... or not.

It's harsh on Hanlon but Galbraith offers more running up and down the wing. Alternatively you could take out McCormack and put in Hanlon although that means shuffling Hogg and Murray along. While McBride has been good he looked very lethargic yesterday, it's time to freshen things up.

Wotherspiniesta
23-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I'd be tempted to going 4-2-3-1 against Motherwell to be honest.

.........................Maka..................

McCormack.....Hogg.....Murray.....Hanlon

...................Bamba.....Miller...........

Wotherspoon....Zemmama.......Galbraith

........................Stokes....................

Hanlon will have his work cut out against Jim O'Brien, so will need to be on his game. Harsh on Riordan aswell, but I think Galbraith will offer a little bit more protection to Hanlon. Zemmama can have the free role, supporting Stokes when we go forward.

lumbo_hfc
23-09-2009, 05:39 PM
_____________Maka

McCann___Hogg___Murray___Hanlon

_____McBride___Bamba___Miller

Zemmama_______________Riordan

_____________Stokes

For me and most people Bamba needs to be put back into midfield as we have no height or anyone there who can win a tackle, for me this is our strongest possible team, still think we are a RB and a CB short or having a team that will challenge for 3rd place and have a serious run in any cups!!

Thoughts?

ancient hibee
23-09-2009, 05:42 PM
It doesn't matter who we have but what we need is--

a centre half who can head the ball

a midfielder who can tackle

a midfielder who can use the ball and not just make the obvious pass

a manager who stops playing Riordan wide and puts him beside Stokes so that they can play off each other.

fife hfc
23-09-2009, 06:29 PM
........................Maka...................... ...
Wotherspoon.........................stevenson
................Hogg...........Murray............. .
........................Bamba..................... ...
................cregg...........Miller............ ...
......................Zemmama.....................
................Stokes..........Benjelloun........

Hainan Hibs
23-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Maka
McCormack Hogg Murray
Wotherspoon Bamba Miller
Zemmama
Stokes Benji Galbraith

woody47
23-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm assuming all those picking Stack in goals have not been to recent games. He is murder.:grr:

Mine for Sat:

Maka

_____________Stokes

Ronaldo9
23-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Benji for Deek I agree with but I'd go the wholesale changes route:

Stack

Hogg
Thicot
Bamba
Murray

Zoumer
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Benji
Stokes

Yep coz that will help! Last night is the first time yogis played the same XI to games in a row! The team needs time to gel together.

Also dont think McCormack has done anything worth bein dropped for, Id drop Bamba before him and stick Hoggy back in beside Murray

Jones28
23-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Maka

McCormack Hogg Bamba Hanlon

Wotherspoon Miller Murray Galbraith

Riordan Stokes

DaveF
23-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I'd go

Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

I like the look of that team but I'd worry about the defensive duties of the wide midfield men......

Give it a go and outscore them :greengrin

Sir David Gray
23-09-2009, 09:12 PM
This is my first time on here since the match last night so I've not had a chance to read any of the other threads on the game.

However, this is the team that I would play on Saturday, based purely on last night;

Makalambay

Hanlon
Murray
Hogg
McCormack

Cregg
Galbraith
Zemmama
Miller

Stokes
Riordan

SUBS

Stack
Bamba
Rankin
Wotherspoon
McBride
Nish
Benjelloun

Hibee_Rab
23-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Makalambay

Hanlon
Murray
Hogg
McCormack

Galbriath
Bamba
Miller
Zemmama

Stokes
Riodarn

SUBS

Stack
Cregg (goes on if midfield needs more bite)
Rankin
Wotherspoon (goes on if midfield needs more composure)
McBride
Nish
Benjelloun (goes on if our strikers aren't performing, needs a chance so early on if he does appear, say 50mins in)[/QUOTE]

smurf
24-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Been thinking about this and have changed my mind several times on the team and indeed the formation....

But i think i'd be tempted by a 3-5-2 as we just don't have IMHO the players for a flat back 4.

Maka (We need a keeper with our current defence that can take high balls. Not a keeper that who does finally leave his line looks to punch...)

Hogg (on right of back 3)
Bamba (in effect sweeper)
McCormack (on left of back 3)

Wotherspoon (right wing back)
Cregg
Millar
Zemamma
Murray (left wing back)

Stokes (just gets the nod over Deeks as he's scored more in last 2 games - Controversial from a poster who rates Deeks as our best player!!!)

Benji (gets a place as he deserves a start. Has to work and contribute as does Stokes as a pissed off Deeks is on the bench desparate to prove a point)

I think there's good balance in that side. On paper we ought to be reasonably tight defensively. Very good wing back attacking threat from two who ought to provide reasonable defensive cover (Yogi thinks both can play full back).

Midfield has work rate, defensive and creativity. Goalthreat.

Up front there are goals galore with possibly more on the bench...

Subs.

Stack
Stevenson
McBride
Riordan
Hanlon
Galbraith
Nish

Steve20
24-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Been thinking about this and have changed my mind several times on the team and indeed the formation....

But i think i'd be tempted by a 3-5-2 as we just don't have IMHO the players for a flat back 4.

Maka (We need a keeper with our current defence that can take high balls. Not a keeper that who does finally leave his line looks to punch...)

Hogg (on right of back 3)
Bamba (in effect sweeper)
McCormack (on left of back 3)

Wotherspoon (right wing back)
Cregg
Millar
Zemamma
Murray (left wing back)

Stokes (just gets the nod over Deeks as he's scored more in last 2 games - Controversial from a poster who rates Deeks as our best player!!!)

Benji (gets a place as he deserves a start. Has to work and contribute as does Stokes as a pissed off Deeks is on the bench desparate to prove a point)

I think there's good balance in that side. On paper we ought to be reasonably tight defensively. Very good wing back attacking threat from two who ought to provide reasonable defensive cover (Yogi thinks both can play full back).

Midfield has work rate, defensive and creativity. Goalthreat.

Up front there are goals galore with possibly more on the bench...

Subs.

Stack
Stevenson
McBride
Riordan
Hanlon
Galbraith
Nish

I see where you are coming from with most of that, but putting Deek on the bench is still madness to me. I don't get where folk seem to think he is not playing well from. He also scored last weekend and without him, we would never have took 3 points from Falkirk.

smurf
24-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I see where you are coming from with most of that, but putting Deek on the bench is still madness to me. I don't get where folk seem to think he is not playing well from. He also scored last weekend and without him, we would never have took 3 points from Falkirk.

Deek is IMO playing well but Benji deserves a start.

So one of either Deeks or Stokes should be benched.

It's a tough call.

gstarbry1875
24-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Deek is IMO playing well but Benji deserves a start.

So one of either Deeks or Stokes should be benched.

It's a tough call.

Drop Rankin and put Deeks wide left then play Stokes and Benji up top. Yogi won't see it like that anyway because as much as we all go on about a 4-4-2 formation, it will be 4-3-3 regardless :grr:

Franck is God
24-09-2009, 11:56 AM
we played a lot of good football in a 3-5-2 under Mcleish when we had God and Latapy in the team.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying it again, Zemmama certainly is a very similar player to Latapy and if we were to find a formation to allow him to give us his best he could be a real matchwinner for us this year.

How about?

Maka

Bamba
Hogg----------------Murray

Cregg------Miller

Wotherspoon-----------Zemmama----------Galbraith

Stokes---------Benji

The reason I would have Bamba as the deepest player is that I think he has the ability to be quite calm on the ball (which he showed last year when playing in midfield) and probably the most pace of the three.

lumbo_hfc
24-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Yep coz that will help! Last night is the first time yogis played the same XI to games in a row! The team needs time to gel together.

Also dont think McCormack has done anything worth bein dropped for, Id drop Bamba before him and stick Hoggy back in beside Murray

Good one!! Bamba has been one of our best player this season, barring tuesdays game off course.

Broken Gnome
24-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Stack (Hibs are losing games for reasons other than Graham Stack to be honest....)

McCormack
Bamba (second chance after Tuesday)
Murray
Hanlon

Wotherspoon
Cregg
Miller
Galbraith

Zemmama

Stokes/Riordan

Bit more defensive than others, but anything to keep a shape that at least allows us to play football. Gives width and stability, with more than enough attacking options to win a game. Zemmama's a bit wasted on a wing, hence being a central playmaker behind one out and out striker.

Hibby Kay-Yay
24-09-2009, 07:31 PM
..........................Maka.................... .....

...................Hogg..........Murray........... ...

...........Mcbride.........Cregg..........Wothersp oon

Zemamma........................................... .....Galbraith

.....................Stokes.................Deeks. ...................

................................Benji............. .......................

:hyper: CHARGE..........:take that:flag::flag::flag:

Cropley10
24-09-2009, 07:37 PM
4-3-3

Stack
McCormack
Murray
Bamba
Hanlon
Wotherspoon
Miller
McBride
Rankin
Stokes
Riordan

Subs
Maka
Hogg
Zemmama
Galbraith
Benji
Stevenson

wandering_hibby
24-09-2009, 07:52 PM
___________________MAKA_____________________

Wotherspoon____Hogg____McCormack________Murray

__________________Bamba_______________________

Zemmamma_________Miller________________Galbraith

______________Benji______Stokes________________

Feed McGraw
24-09-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm assuming all those picking Stack in goals have not been to recent games. He is murder.:grr:

Mine for Sat:

Maka

_____________Stokes

I`m assuming you`ve never seen Maka. I know, let`s have a POLL ! :greengrin

Toaods
24-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Makalambay

Wotherspoon Thicot Murray Hanlon

Zemmama Bamba Miller Riordan

Benji Stokes

Love the Green
24-09-2009, 09:49 PM
What have I missed in the 2 games against the saints..............I know he has just arrived but what has miller done to deserve his place in all your teams........we have brought in cregg and miller and both seem to play at the head of the diamond midfield......why has he brought in 2 new players who appear to play the same position when we are so short in many other areas.
"keep the faith" :wink:

Dr_Regal
24-09-2009, 10:11 PM
we played a lot of good football in a 3-5-2 under Mcleish when we had God and Latapy in the team.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying it again, Zemmama certainly is a very similar player to Latapy and if we were to find a formation to allow him to give us his best he could be a real matchwinner for us this year.

How about?

Maka

Bamba

Cregg------Miller

Stokes---------Benji

The reason I would have Bamba as the deepest player is that I think he has the ability to be quite calm on the ball (which he showed last year when playing in midfield) and probably the most pace of the three.

Like this team !!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Our best player playing in his best position.

ahibby
25-09-2009, 08:58 AM
I am getting to the stage that I am not sure how we should line up. I do feel that Maka, Hogg and Nish should be brought back in to the side and I'd probably play Nish and Stokes up front. In defence well Hogg Bamba and Murray would do me and you pick the right back because I haven't got a clue. In midfield I think Zemmama, McBride and Miller should be first on the team sheet but who else I haven't a scooby maybe JR or LS (PC hasn't done it for me) although Galbraith puts himself about a bit I'd rather go for as much experience as poss.

Scotsman
25-09-2009, 09:06 AM
MAKA

MCCORMACK
HANLON
HOGG
BAMBA

MURRAY
ZEMAMMA
MILLER
RIORDAN

STOKES
BENJI

I would bring back Hogg and push Murray into a midfield holding role- we need a little more grit in there.

This would allow Liam Miller an opportunity to play further forward, linking with the wide players and strikers

Zemamma and Riordan on the flanks, but with the ability to create

Full backs should be playing as high as possible, moving wide midfield players high up the park

Benji and Stokes up front- this combination would have a lot of movement and energy

Thoughts?

18Craig75
25-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Maka

Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray

Mcbride

Zemamma Miller Galbraith

Stokes Deeks

A rigid 4-4-2, or 4-1-3-2 as shown. Out & out wingers provide more width thus giving the defence, McBride & Miller more options for an out ball! Galbraith to stick to the touch line & deeks to stay up top, hopefully he wont be covering back on the LW so much as Galbraith is an actual winger, unlike Rankin who drift's in far too much for my liking!

Also Benji to get a good run out.

andrew70
25-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Stack

McCormack
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Wotherspoon
Bamba
Miller
Galbraith

Deek
Stokes

Straight 442

BT58
25-09-2009, 09:40 AM
maka
wotherspoon ----mccormack-- --------------murray---stevenson

bamba [dm]

zouma----cregg---------------miller-----deeks

stokes

personally against the likes of motherwell and teams away from ER this formation could work
maccormack should play there as HE is a centre half
for some reason JH is gonna persist with 4-3-3 :confused::confused:
whatever the team on saturday methinks its gonna be tough
hb

BT58
25-09-2009, 09:43 AM
hey how come it came out like that,,,,,,,,,it looks like im playing awbody to the side,,,,,,,:wink::wink::wink:
is there a slope at fir park?????:wink::wink:
hb

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Stack (Hibs are losing games for reasons other than Graham Stack to be honest....)

McCormack
Bamba (second chance after Tuesday)
Murray
Hanlon

Wotherspoon
Cregg
Miller
Galbraith

Zemmama

Stokes/Riordan

Bit more defensive than others, but anything to keep a shape that at least allows us to play football. Gives width and stability, with more than enough attacking options to win a game. Zemmama's a bit wasted on a wing, hence being a central playmaker behind one out and out striker.

Totally agree mate - we are too easy to beat, esp away from home and IMO we have to first and foremost be more difficult to beat - let the opposition worry about playing football and entertaining, let them come on to us and leave gaps, let their fans get on their backs, and fore their manager to make changes and gambles - at least for first hour

So

Stack

McCormack
Murray
Bamba
Hanlon

McBride
Cregg
Miller (all central)
Galbraith
Zemmama (both wide, with counter attacking brief)

Stokes up front

I like Riordan, but we need to be solid away from home, and better to brig him on once game has opened out etc

Once we start to build confidence, get a feel for a game and take the inital attacks that home teams usually have, then we can start to think about trying to win games

NAE NOOKIE
25-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Maka

Wotherspoon Hogg Thicot Murray

Zemmama Bamba Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

At least that gives us some hight at the back for corners and a bit of muscle in midfield.

Wotherspoon and Murray both decent going forward.

From what I saw on Tuesday we need a midfield that will take a pass and turn and run with the ball or make room for a forward pass. The trouble is we build too slow which allows teams to put men behind the ball.

I lost count on Saturday and Tuesday of the number of times McBride passed the ball into midfield and got it straight back again without having moved more than a foot from where he was when he made the pass. He then holds it for another 5 seconds and plays the same pass again and 2 times out of 3 gets it back again.

Mind you, our lack of movement all over the pitch is shocking so half the time you can understand why McBride cant find a decent pass.

St Johnstone played man for man for the most part in both games and I can hardly remember stokes or Riordan making a run which would open up space for the likes of Miller to exploit.

A total lack of width doesnt help either, hence the need for Zemmama and Galbraith.

:confused:

Cocaine&Caviar
25-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Stack

McCormack___Hogg___Murray___Hanlon

_______________Bamba
__________Miller___Stevenson
Zemmama_________________Riordan
____________Stokes

Bamba has done his best work for Hibs in the middle, and Stevenson should get a chance to see if he can out do the mediocre performances of Ranking in the left sided central midfield role...

Cabbage1875
25-09-2009, 06:02 PM
_____________Stack______________

McCormack__Hogg_____Murray____Hanlon

Zemamma___Bamba___Miller______Galbraith

___________Stokes____Riordan______

Would be my choice for tomorrow...:agree:

silverhibee
25-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Don't know what the team is tomorrow, well i do but i am no telling.:greengrin
But it will be a 4-3-3 formation from Yogi.:yawn:

el capitano
25-09-2009, 11:29 PM

any changes from tuesday?

basehibby
26-09-2009, 03:00 AM
What i would like to see us play (4-4-2)

(gk) Maka

(lb) Murray
(rb) Wotherspoon
(cb) Hogg
(cb) Bamba

(lm) Galbraith
(rm) Zemmama
(cm) Cregg
(cm) Miller

(str) Riordan
(str) Stokes

Subs: Stack, Hanlon, McCormack, McBride, Rankin, Benji, Byrne

I know we won't play a 4-4-2 but that's what i would like to see us go with!

:top marksI was looking for this one to save me typing it :greengrin

I'd see Stack/Maka, Cregg/McBride and Galbraith/Rankin as interchangeable but otherwise that's essentially the strongest line up as I see it as well.

I haven't seen much of Wotherspoon at RB but he'll bomb up the park and get involved - he's an exciting talent who deserves to be in the side.

The experience and presence that Hogg, Bamba and Murray bring should hopefully solidify things elsewhere at the back.

Zemama, Miller, Stokes and Riordan are our strongest options on the creative side of things and should all be certain starts when fit IMO.

M8UDB
26-09-2009, 07:20 AM

How about?

Maka

Bamba

Cregg------Miller

Stokes---------Benji

Wouldnt mind seeing this team today, cant see Yogi ever giving it a try but it looks good to me. Only thing i would change tho is Benji for Deek, we no he can bang them in so get him on from the start and give benji a run out for the lat 30-35 mins. Not made up my mind if im going up today or not after Tuesday but if this was the formation i would be up there in a minute coz i think that team has a lot of goals in it.
c'mon the Hibees :flag::flag:

Petrie's Tache
26-09-2009, 08:41 AM

**** me is the guy as stubborn as Mixup?

sean
26-09-2009, 09:02 AM
having seen graeme stack against celtic and st johnstone i thought he looked pretty assured.

few flaps the other night against saints,but nothing new from hibs goalies.are we judging him as crap already?

i thought his distrabution against celtic was tip top.
against st johnstone midweek he was very brave in making a few saves.

number9dream
26-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Maka

Wotherspoon Hogg Thicot Murray

Zemmama Bamba Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

At least that gives us some hight at the back for corners and a bit of muscle in midfield.

Wotherspoon and Murray both decent going forward.

From what I saw on Tuesday we need a midfield that will take a pass and turn and run with the ball or make room for a forward pass. The trouble is we build too slow which allows teams to put men behind the ball.

I lost count on Saturday and Tuesday of the number of times McBride passed the ball into midfield and got it straight back again without having moved more than a foot from where he was when he made the pass. He then holds it for another 5 seconds and plays the same pass again and 2 times out of 3 gets it back again.

Mind you, our lack of movement all over the pitch is shocking so half the time you can understand why McBride cant find a decent pass.

St Johnstone played man for man for the most part in both games and I can hardly remember stokes or Riordan making a run which would open up space for the likes of Miller to exploit.

A total lack of width doesnt help either, hence the need for Zemmama and Galbraith.

:confused:

While I wouldn't necessarily go for that team at Fir Park, I agree with the points made.
Our build up is played at glacial pace, with no variation from a short pass out to McBride, who then hums and haws as the rest of the team stand around scratching their *****.
Often the pass he picks could have been played by the defender feeding him, thus wasting time and allowing opponents to re-group. This was painfully evident against the 10 men of St Mirren on the opening day.
We don't have much pace in the team at all. Riordan and Stokes are slow but worth sticking with since they are both good finishers, although maybe not from 12 yards right in front of the goal!
Galbraith looks quick but he's still raw and maybe best used as an impact player from the bench.
Without any real speed merchants in the team, the need for guile is even greater, which means Zemmama should be involved every time.
Right-back remains the glaring issue it's been since Whittaker was sold!

For today's game...

Maka
McCormack Hogg Bamba Hanlon
Cregg Miller Murray
Zemmama
Riordan Stokes

500miles
26-09-2009, 09:09 AM
**** me is the guy as stubborn as Mixup?

It's a question of personel. While i do favour 4-4-2, Hughes is perfectly entitled to hold on to a belief in a 4-3-3 formation. We could feild a team like the following...

..................Maka
.McCann.Hogg....Bamba.Murray
..................Cregg
........Zemmama.Miller
...Wotherspoon.....Stokes
.................Nish

brydekirk
26-09-2009, 09:40 AM
........................................maka...... ......................................

...........Mc cormack..............hogg.................murry... ................

.........................................bamba.... .....................................

wotherspoon............zemmama............... miller...............galbraith

.............................stokes............... ..deeks.............................

end off.:thumbsup:

fife hfc
26-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Looking at a few coments from Well fans and they feel we could exploit them down the left as their right back likes to attack all the time. surely yogi has the tactical knowledge to spot this and expliot it. If what they say is correct then I would have Galbraith wide left in a 4-4-2 formation.

....................Maka......................
McCormack.....................Stevenson
...........Hogg.............Murray...........
..........Bamba............Miller.............
Zemmama..........................Galbraith
...........Stokes.......Benjelloun...........

IWasThere2016
26-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Looking at a few coments from Well fans and they feel we could exploit them down the left as their right back likes to attack all the time. surely yogi has the tactical knowledge to spot this and expliot it. If what they say is correct then I would have Galbraith wide left in a 4-4-2 formation.

....................Maka......................
McCormack.....................Stevenson
...........Hogg.............Murray...........
..........Bamba............Miller.............
Zemmama..........................Galbraith
...........Stokes.......Benjelloun...........

And our top scorer doesn't start because ???

500miles
26-09-2009, 10:56 AM
And our top scorer doesn't start because ???

Riordan doesn't dictate games like our other forwards can. Too often he is on the periphery of games, and pops up. Stokes is more likely to be central to the game because he is more aggressive and stronger, and still pop up with a goal.

Riordan can then come on, give us fresh legs, run at tiring defenders and take advantage with 20 minutes to go.

fife hfc
26-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm still mad with him for missing the penalty:greengrin I feel we need somebody who will hold the ball up better and I feel benji does this better than Deek.

Deek is much improved this season in terms of workrate and he can always stick one in the net (as long as its not from the spot). But sometimes certain games require different players as I would have had him wide left until I read that their right back is pacey and likes to attack. galbraith is faster and would suit this type of opponet better. Anyway he can come of the bench hit a hat trick (two from the spot:greengrin) and I'll think he's the greatest again.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-09-2009, 11:34 AM
..........................Maka.................... .....

...................Hogg..........Murray........... ...

...........Mcbride.........Cregg..........Wothersp oon

Zemamma........................................... .....Galbraith

.....................Stokes.................Deeks. ...................

................................Benji............. .......................

:hyper: CHARGE..........:take that:flag::flag::flag:

Seeing as we're going 4-3-3 I will change my squad to look like this

Maka

McCormack Hogg Murray Hanlon

Miller
Bamba
Zemmama

Galbraith
Deeks
Stokes