PDA

View Full Version : If you were yogi........

AK86
22-09-2009, 11:19 PM
what would you say to the squad tomorrow

"If any of you lot think your too good for this club, here,s your papers and there,s the door"

"If any of you don't want to train your guts out everyday, papers and door"

"If any of you aren,t prepared to live your life along the the life of a pro fitba player,............."

"If any you lot think you are under payed, please inform the fans of your current wage , before you leave the city with your papers"

That tonight was sukin fight :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

GreenPJ
22-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Sadly based on his comments on the BBC website it does not sound as if he is going to tear into them nearly as much as he should. :bitchy::grr:

Jonnyboy
22-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Sadly based on his comments on the BBC website it does not sound as if he is going to tear into them nearly as much as he should. :bitchy::grr:

May have done that already. Players never got out of the dressing room for ages after the game. Saints had showered, changed and were away on their bus before any home players appeared

GreenPJ
22-09-2009, 11:34 PM
May have done that already. Players never got out of the dressing room for ages after the game. Saints had showered, changed and were away on their bus before any home players appeared

Still not long enough if you ask me.

AK86
22-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Players lounge maybe?:wink:

borders.cabbage
22-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Players lounge maybe?:wink:
The Opal Lounge more likely.

RIP
23-09-2009, 05:58 AM
I don't think the players are listening to Yogi any more than they were listening to Mixu

Aldo
23-09-2009, 06:06 AM
This season we are going to have a lot of ups and downs (more downs me thinks) and Sat will be an even bigger test against a Well side who have gelled pretty much straight away.

This is a season of transition and IMHO will take Hughes a few seasons to get us going. We need the stability and TBH this is what its like being a Hibs supporter. Lets not be too hasty and from what I have heard we were lucky on Sat before we scored.

Its going to be a long hard season guys.

BSEJVT
23-09-2009, 06:55 AM
If I were Yogi I would stop playing to the Cameras and the Fans and do the job I was paid for.

All this crap about train like a champion and his celebrity signings are 2 guys who got booted from Sunderland for attitude?

Talk about mixed messages.

Give up the "flair" crap until you have got 11 guys who can work and compete, know their jobs and win their individual battles (another yogiism)

Dont pick physically weak teams dominated by their opponents and then compund the error by bringing on yet more powder puff players.

Phil D. Rolls
23-09-2009, 07:05 AM
My feeling is that man mangement is more complex than just bullying and shouting at people.

I think most of us have come across the type that think all they have to do is threaten you to get you to work. It doesn't take long before they totally p*ss you off and they lose all respect they might have had.

Beats me why people who wouldn't accept that treatment in their own workplace think it will be useful against a group of athletes. In much the same way, I wonder what affect people who barrack their own players from the terracing actually have.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-09-2009, 07:59 AM
I would tell them that he is going to need to take a reality check both for himself and for the chairman and the board. All the rhetoric about what it means to play for Hibs has kinda backfired as the current squad have shown him what it means to them. So much for a cup run. Top end of the league and challenging for europe is still maybe a good bit beyond us.

Phil D. Rolls
23-09-2009, 08:15 AM
I would tell them that he is going to need to take a reality check both for himself and for the chairman and the board. All the rhetoric about what it means to play for Hibs has kinda backfired as the current squad have shown him what it means to them. So much for a cup run. Top end of the league and challenging for europe is still maybe a good bit beyond us.

To turn the quote on its head, if you were the players, you'd be sitting waiting for the next manager to come along. Especially if you read Hibs.net

truehibernian
23-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Maybe he should also pop along to Homebase or Dobbies and buy some grow bags..........pop Rankin, Miller and McBride in each one, water and weed regularly, and if we are lucky and the weather isn't too bad we may have grown one fully grown midfielder by Christmas.

Ritchie
23-09-2009, 08:36 AM
if i were yogi i'd start by looking in the 'football formations for dummies' handbook.

is he the only one who can't see the formation/tactics he is using (which didnt work for mixu either) isnt working???

hibsbollah
23-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Maybe he should also pop along to Homebase or Dobbies and buy some grow bags..........pop Rankin, Miller and McBride in each one, water and weed regularly, and if we are lucky and the weather isn't too bad we may have grown one fully grown midfielder by Christmas.

Don't think that would work, growbags tend to work for tomatoes and similar crops, not human beings. Plus the season has just finished.

Not much worse than many of the other constructive suggestions on kneejerkreaction.net though:yawn:

Judas Iscariot
23-09-2009, 08:43 AM
If i were Yogi i'd take a swatch in the mirror 1st before i had a go at my players..

archiebald
23-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh my god thats frightning :faf:

Captain Trips
23-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Maka and Stack you go with Deeks as he will be taking penalties in at you for a while.

Midfielders we play in green please try and find another player who has on same top, I will be looking to replace people in next window.

Defenders your just getting replaced.

Keepers whoever saves the most pens is in goals next.

I away to watch barca good day.