PDA

View Full Version : Comparisons...

Monts
22-09-2009, 11:15 PM
To Collins' unbeaten start to the season.

We bundled through some of those games which papered over the cracks which eventually showed.

I hope thats not the case here, but our play so far this season shouldnt really have us sitting third. We're lucky to be there imo...

Thoughts?

number 27
23-09-2009, 08:44 AM
To Collins' unbeaten start to the season.

We bundled through some of those games which papered over the cracks which eventually showed.

I hope thats not the case here, but our play so far this season shouldnt really have us sitting third. We're lucky to be there imo...

Thoughts?

:agree: Thats the comparison we were making last night at the game.

This season could still be a good one but it could descend into a nightmare. Two huge games coming up, we cannot afford to lose them both.

Craig_in_Prague
23-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Yogis not long in the door and his signings even less time at the club.

He's cleared out the crap, has the team playing on the deck and made impressive signings.

Perhaps let's give the guy time to build his team and squad, and understand the players need time to know how each other works, and to play the style we want to see, but successfully. It can't and won't happen overnight.

We showed great spirit to come back and win against St Mirren, good goals to beat Falkirk & St J, were unlucky IMO to lose against Celtic - So I can't see how 9 pts papers over cracks. We could have less, but also more. That's football, little things can change the whole picture.

I for one remain very positive about the bigger picture, and just hope Yogi get's the side performing better in the short term as well, coz frankly the Hibs support is appalling at the moment and it would help the team if they're on his side - but it's clear it's the team that needs to lift the crowd.

HFC 0-7
23-09-2009, 08:54 AM
:agree: Thats the comparison we were making last night at the game.

This season could still be a good one but it could descend into a nightmare. Two huge games coming up, we cannot afford to lose them both.

I thought Collins was OK as a manager, but was trying too much to change the mentality of the game at hibs. Yogi has had to make a lot of changes and this will take time to gel. Losing Jones was a big one, and although I agree we should have brought in a CB, maybe the right one wasnt out there, and there is no point in bringing in another duffer! I think Yogi will sort it out. The only problem there is that he doesnt seem to bow to fan pressure. He seems to like this 4-3-3 and wants it to work, its just how long he takes on it. I think something that has to be taken from this is that we are winning games when playing bad, something that mixu couldnt do, if we were bad we got beat. Its a mixed bag from hibs just now, but the fact we are showing glimpses of good moves etc it is showing what we are capable of. I think the next 4 games, because they are hard will force Yogi's hand into playing i safe with a 4-4-2 and things will turn around.

number 27
23-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Maybe I should say that I am not attacking Hughes. I support him as I did JC but I can see this as a potentially difficult period we must get a grip of or we could be in downward spiral.

I would hate to see Yogis plans strangled at birth by a poor first 6 months.

Monts
23-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Yogis not long in the door and his signings even less time at the club.

He's cleared out the crap, has the team playing on the deck and made impressive signings.

Perhaps let's give the guy time to build his team and squad, and understand the players need time to know how each other works, and to play the style we want to see, but successfully. It can't and won't happen overnight.

We showed great spirit to come back and win against St Mirren, good goals to beat Falkirk & St J, were unlucky IMO to lose against Celtic - So I can't see how 9 pts papers over cracks. We could have less, but also more. That's football, little things can change the whole picture.

I for one remain very positive about the bigger picture, and just hope Yogi get's the side performing better in the short term as well, coz frankly the Hibs support is appalling at the moment and it would help the team if they're on his side - but it's clear it's the team that needs to lift the crowd.

We got a narrow win over 10 man St Mirren at home, were out played for most of the game at falkirk and in both games against St J, we were just lucky they didnt hit the target in the first game. Celtic i'll grant you we played better, but still lost to 10 men. I dont think i even need to mention hamilton.

I think there are some big cracks at the moment. Lets hope Hughes can repair them properly.

stubru59
23-09-2009, 10:26 AM
One of the tactical changes required is to do our talking on the pitch.

Franck is God
23-09-2009, 11:46 AM
for all I am a big fan of Yogi and hoep he succeeds at ER there are no comparisons with JC's first real season in charge.

Yogi arrived and lost Fletch & Jones but was able to spend quite a lot of money to bring in the payers he wanted with only sensible restrictions on wages.

JC lost almost every player that won us the CIS Cup was able to spend.....nothing and could only sign free transfers at the same time dealing with a player revolt because they didn't like being told to live like the proffessional athletes that they were supposed to be.

This season is still only a handfull of games old, we may have been fortunate to win so comfortably on Saturday but the wins against St Mirren & Falkirk weren't exactly lucky and if it hadn't been for Boruc we would have gotten something against Celtic maybe even a win.

Last night was hugely disappointing and I wasn't happy when I saw we were starting with the same line up as Saturday but that is the managers decision and he has to live with that.