PDA

View Full Version : Praise for St Johnstone

Spike Mandela
22-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Excellent side .

Pressed us the whole game, never gave our players a minute and when they had the ball fast, slick forward passing movements.

They made Hibs look slow and laboured, made our midfield look powder puff and showed the deficiencies of our midget defence (and that incudes Bamba who seemed to be unable to win a header)

Stack seems as erratic as Maka as well.

Deeks has got casual with his pens, time to pass the baton.

Good luck in the comp St J.

Perspective
22-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Yip, credit where credit is due.

I think they're a refreshing addition to the SPL and hope they can keep it up for the rest of the season.

They have a really honest group of players who work so hard for each other it's unreal. There's no shortage of football either. Think Murray Davidson must be the steal of the season at £25,000 - he complements Morris brilliantly - and Grainger has been a good addition at left-back.

monktonharp
23-09-2009, 12:46 AM
no credit from me,we made them look better than they are with an insipid performance,missed a penalty that gee'd them up and certainly handed them their first goal on a plate.:grr:

Toaods
23-09-2009, 01:17 AM
Full credit to them. Battled for their lives. Well organised + 4 me were well worthy of their win.McInnes is no mug + can go far in management. davidson is what we are screaming out 4 - a tall rangy player with a bit of rwaker

truehibernian
23-09-2009, 01:24 AM
They deserved both the league game and the game tonight. Poor tactics, poor performance, and a lazy lazy showing. Galbraith, Benji and Zemmama should have been on from the start, given they changed the game on Saturday and gave St Johnstone problems. Rankin did hee-haw, Riordan was lazier than that dole-ite bird off Wife Swap, and Hanlon pretended to be a Hibs footballer tonight an Easter Road version of "Stars In Your Eyes". Yogi just stood with his ill fitting suit looking bemused and waiting for the ground to open up.

Sergey
23-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Reading recent reports, they seem to have started the season well.

By all accounts, they could have been out of sight after 45 minutes against Hertz and we're unlucky not to pick-up all 3 points.

down the slope
23-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Excellent side .

Pressed us the whole game, never gave our players a minute and when they had the ball fast, slick forward passing movements.

They made Hibs look slow and laboured, made our midfield look powder puff and showed the deficiencies of our midget defence (and that incudes Bamba who seemed to be unable to win a header)

Stack seems as erratic as Maka as well.

Deeks has got casual with his pens, time to pass the baton.

Good luck in the comp St J.

So why did we not press them and never give their players a minute in return ?, the same effect would apply or are we to good for that ?. I seem to recall Hughes making a statement about us not being easy touches as he always thought in the past we let teams play-well he sure got that one wrong big time .

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-09-2009, 02:12 PM
In both games I though that Jody Morris was the star player. Never too far up the pitch so that he could not contribute defensively, and equally never too deep so that he could not join in the attack. Sometimes with limited resources you can get a bonus in that everyone knows their job and what role they should play. Over the last two games, we have better players, but they are a better team. TBH, even if we had taken that penalty, I still think they would have won.