PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg ?

hibernian36
22-09-2009, 10:06 PM
What's up with Hoggy ? I heard there may have been a bust up at training and he was involved. This was just prior to Hughes's interview when he was talking about players egos etc. Anyone heard about this or is it just a load of Hearts ?:confused:

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 10:09 PM
What's up with Hoggy ? I heard there may have been a bust up at training and he was involved. This was just prior to Hughes's interview when he was talking about players egos etc. Anyone heard about this or is it just a load of Hearts ?:confused:

He got dropped on Saturday for poor performance. After Bamba and Murray both had good games on Saturday he never regained his place tonight. I would expect him back in against Motherwell.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 10:13 PM
He got dropped on Saturday for poor performance. After Bamba and Murray both had good games on Saturday he never regained his place tonight. I would expect him back in against Motherwell.

I missed this.
St Johnstone created at least 7 or 8 good chances does not strike me as a solid centre defensive partnership.

Judas Iscariot
22-09-2009, 10:22 PM
If anyone thinks Hogg would've done any better tonight than Bamba or Murray they defo need to lay of the crack..

Future17
22-09-2009, 10:28 PM

Why would you expect him to return on Saturday? Do you think Murray or Bamba were worse tonight than at the weekend or do you think Bamba might get a midfield role?

lyonhibs
22-09-2009, 10:30 PM
If anyone thinks Hogg would've done any better tonight than Bamba or Murray they defo need to lay of the crack..

Could he have done worse than Bamba??

I appreciate the point you're making though - we have serious issues at CB that should have been addressed over the summer, or we could play McCormack in his preferred poistion, or even give Thicot a sniff of a 1st team game.

Regarding Bamba at CB, as per my previous thread, I hope Yogi has learnt his lesson. Play him to add some bite and height to the CM area or bench him.

Playing him at CB as things stand is like lining up 3 decent chances for the oppostion before the 1st whistle.

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Why would you expect him to return on Saturday? Do you think Murray or Bamba were worse tonight than at the weekend or do you think Bamba might get a midfield role?

Bamba was terrible tonight which is a shame because I really like him but I would drop him on Saturday.

RickyS
22-09-2009, 10:53 PM

I appreciate the point you're making though - we have serious issues at CB that should have been addressed over the summer, or we could play McCormack in his preferred poistion, or even give Thicot a sniff of a 1st team game.

Regarding Bamba at CB, as per my previous thread, I hope Yogi has learnt his lesson. Play him to add some bite and height to the CM area or bench him.

Playing him at CB as things stand is like lining up 3 decent chances for the oppostion before the 1st whistle.

Like Bamba, but he is defo better in the middle. but who would Yogi drop to make way? at the back he seems to head fresh air a lot, maybe Yogi could teach him how to jump?

MussyHibby
22-09-2009, 11:00 PM

In the way that some of you numpties had a go at Jones a couple of times, this criticism of Bamba is totally OTT. He was poor tonight, granted, but he has been Hibs best player this season by a country mile!!!:agree:

He will not be dropped for Saturday. Other than tonight, tell me one bad game he has had for Hibs? In fact, I'd go as far as to say I think we'll hear that the big man was poorly tonight - as in unwell!:wink:

Franck is God
22-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I hope Hoggy is back at the weekend, he has had a drop in form at the beginning of this season but we are missing his voice and organisation at the back and I said that to my mate when we left ER on Saturday.

We were lucky not to concede on Saturday and probably lucky to only lose 3 tonight.

Perspective
22-09-2009, 11:34 PM
I'd have Hogg back in beside Murray on tonight's showing.

I'm a Bamba fan, but he's far more effective in the midfield - in short, a complete liability at the back. He can't jump and is so clumsy challenging in the air, though I thought the ironic cheer when he did finally connect was a wee bit uncalled for.

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 11:43 PM

Well, I must be on crack then as that performance tonight by Bamba was hilarious.

Midfield's where he belongs.

andrew70
23-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Well, I must be on crack then as that performance tonight by Bamba was hilarious.

Midfield's where he belongs.

I'm on the crack as well then, Bamba was absolutely useless and for a tall guy he can't jump for toffee. Hogg and Murray together at the back please.

Only problem being I don't think Yogi will drop Bamba because he is one of our sellable assets :wink:

Too many of our players think they're better than what they are. Absolutely gutted after last night!!

persevere1875
23-09-2009, 09:30 AM

And me , Mon the crack, as i said in the Bamba/Rankin post, get Hoggy back in beside Murray and let Bamba do what he does in midfield in front of the back four

CentreLine
23-09-2009, 09:31 AM

I would like to see Bamba alongside Hogg in the centre and Murray to left back. Then we might see a bit of solidity and understanding in there. I have nothing against Hanlon who I think has a lot of potential and, like McCormack on the other side, puts in great crosses but I just feel we need to get a bit of experience at the back to steady the ship. Most of all, next transfer window has to see some attention in that area.

Judas Iscariot
23-09-2009, 09:34 AM
:smokin

How many more headers would Hogg have won than Bamba?

Captain Trips
23-09-2009, 09:37 AM
None of those 3 together please, a new CB is needed at least 1, there is no point in East Mains etc to be getting it wrong in the heart of defence.

Bamba in midfield, I would not have Murray and Hogg as a pair not strong enough IMO.

andrew70
23-09-2009, 09:38 AM
:smokin

How many more headers would Hogg have won than Bamba?

Lets not kid ourselves here the headers were not hard ones to win especially for a man of Bamba's size and stature, too often he jumps too early or just doesn't jump at all. Very poor performance from the big man last night and if he keeps his place for Saturday we should be worried because big John Sutton will have no problems against him. So in answer to your question Hoggy would've won them all!

persevere1875
23-09-2009, 09:40 AM
None of those 3 together please, a new CB is needed at least 1, there is no point in East Mains etc to be getting it wrong in the heart of defence.

Bamba in midfield, I would not have Murray and Hogg as a pair not strong enough IMO.

Thats unlikely to happen until January though and we still have to sort it in the meantime because January's too late

zlatan
23-09-2009, 09:41 AM
In the way that some of you numpties had a go at Jones a couple of times, this criticism of Bamba is totally OTT. He was poor tonight, granted, but he has been Hibs best player this season by a country mile!!!:agree:

He will not be dropped for Saturday. Other than tonight, tell me one bad game he has had for Hibs? In fact, I'd go as far as to say I think we'll hear that the big man was poorly tonight - as in unwell!:wink:

:agree:

He was Motm on Saturday by a country mile and now all of a sudden he's Colin Murdock oot his nut, it's crazy.

Littlest Hobo
23-09-2009, 09:55 AM
You reap what you sow as they. Can't help think us not bringing in at least a couple of decent proven centre halves has come back to bite us in the arse.

All the best teams are built from the back.

When Yogi came to ER, the first thing he done was look for a quality keeper. I thought "YES" Well at least he has an idea of what needs done and how it should be done.The jury is still out on that one but I have to say the signs aint looking too good as far as Stack is concerned.

Also, the right back berth has been a major headache for us for as long as I can remember. We have tried everyman and his dog and still we haven't found a solution.
Before bringing in guys like Stokes, we should have been getting our defence sorted.

We then go and sell our Captain,something we had all been expecting for quite some time and still we have failed to replace him? This should have been a "priority" before any glamour buys.

Not only that we are reliant on Bamba at the back who let's face it is a bombscare at times. The guy has the potential to be a real quality player but for me he's much better suited to playing just infront of the back four.

We seem to be sitting pretty in the league at the moment but to be fair, we have had one of the easiest starts I can remember fixture wise.
If we had shown any kind of form at all in our first few games, I fancy we'd be sitting top of the S.P.L, as it is we now have quite a few of the "better" teams let's say coming up and I fear if we don't get our act together we might end up nearer the bottom half of the league.:rolleyes:

1875er
23-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I believe the deal to take Rusell Anderson to Dundee fell through so he is still a free agent... maybe just what we need...

J-C
23-09-2009, 11:18 AM

Bamba was outsatanding in midfield last season and remember what happened when he moved to defence, he got sent off. Get him back in midfield asap to put his boot in and win some balls for us.

Murray is a good utility playr but he's never a central defender, bit slow on the deck and not great in the air, again get him in mf or back to left back.

Hanlon is young and unfortunately making a lot of mistakes right now, maybe time to give Stevenson another shot, a bit more solid.

McCormack is a natural ch and although it's good to see him getting a game he seems fairly sound, maybe he might look more sound at ch where he belongs, hopefully have Mccann back soon.

Thicot seems to not be in Yogi's plans, not even on the bench last week, looked good against the Jambo's at the end of the season and always looks compsed and competent on the ball, worth a shout.