PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish

GodisaHibee
22-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Rubbish full stop.

There is nothing that can be taken from that display.

Nonsense of a midfield; nonsense of a defence and a stirke force that; on paper; should be great; but in actual fact, couldn't find each others arse's with both hands.

I really don't care what anyone else says; that 'display' was an embarrassment to anyone involved with the club; trainee; player; trainer; manager; board member; fan; share holder; anyone....an absolute disgrace.

Jim44
22-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Rubbish full stop.

Nonsense of a midfield; nonsense of a defence and a stirke force that; on paper; should be great; but in actual fact, couldn't find each others arse's with both hands.

I really don't care what anyone else says; that 'display' was an embarrassment to anyone involved with the club; trainee; player; trainer; manager; board member; fan; share holder; anyone....an absolute disgrace.

Consistency's our strongest attribute at the moment.:greengrin

Riordans Boots
22-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Rubbish full stop.

I'm not doing cartwheels but ... a wee tad OTT there :rolleyes:

Jamesie
22-09-2009, 09:30 PM
At one point in the second half McCormack was beaten to a ball that was about three feet from him by a St Johnstone player coming in from about nine feet away.

That summed up our lethargy tonight for me.

hibee_girl
22-09-2009, 09:30 PM

It really isn't.

Jamesie
22-09-2009, 09:31 PM

The bottom line is that given our squad we should never be losing 1-3 at home to a team just promoted from the First Division, especially when we've beaten them 3-0 four days earlier.

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Rubbish full stop.

Yogi never learned anything from Saturday, and we were second to everything.... Woeful, inept, abysmal...... Call it want you want, but Yogi is clueless when it comes to tactics and subs..... And the messiah Riordan, waste of space..........:grr:

GodisaHibee
22-09-2009, 09:33 PM

No it's not.

Gerard
22-09-2009, 09:34 PM
We have no right to win games and getting beaten by Saint J is a disaster. I shudder to think how much the club has lost financially because of this disaster.
Gerard

Jim44
22-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Yogi never learned anything from Saturday, and we were second to everything.... Woeful, inept, abysmal...... Call it want you want, but Yogi is clueless when it comes to tactics and subs..... And the messiah Riordan, waste of space..........:grr:

I wouldn't quite say a waste of space, but he's definitely over-rated as a 90 minute player. I hope he is on the bench against Motherwell.

mcfly
22-09-2009, 09:39 PM
it was a very poor performance by all but we are only 6 games into the season, yogi inherited a lot of rubbish players which he has shipped out. we were all glad of that.

there are a lot of new players who will need time & games so lets not get too carried away. we need a leader and a dominant centre half.

I'm sure there will be a few butts getting kicked !!

the worrying thing for me was a crowd of less than 7000 for a cup game.

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 09:40 PM
it was a very poor performance by all but we are only 6 games into the season, yogi inherited a lot of rubbish players which he has shipped out. we were all glad of that.

there are a lot of new players who will need time & games so lets not get too carried away. we need a leader and a dominant centre half.

I'm sure there will be a few butts getting kicked !!

the worrying thing for me was a crowd of less than 7000 for a cup game.

The crowd was 7078.

LamontHFC©
22-09-2009, 09:44 PM
The crowd was 7078.

Oh sorry. That makes it alot better.

Hibhibhooray
22-09-2009, 09:44 PM
No urgency what so ever, very disapointed with what was displayed tonight. Even when st J changed there formation we looked second to everything. :grr:

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Yogi failing to read the warning signs on Saturday and playing the same team and formation was an act of supreme clownery IMO.

Stokes scored and thought he could walk the game. Spoon was mediocre. Bamba was unmitigated pish.

I could go on and on, but mainly I feel that the team was far too complacent and thought they could stroll the game - which is worrying in itself as they certainly didn't on Saturday and the 3-0 flattered them.

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Oh sorry. That makes it alot better.

Well he said he was worried about it so he might feel a bit better now that it was over 7000.

GodisaHibee
22-09-2009, 09:55 PM
At the risk of being controversial:

PLAY THE YOUNGSTERS

I would MUCH rather watch them play their hearts out than watch that rubbish ever again.

The club has lost it's way again with bringing in second rate journey man players.

.....get rid of the hanger ons and promote the young guys.

Hibby70
22-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Stokes scored and thought he could walk the game.

Agree with most things said tonight but I felt that Stokes worked his socks off tonight (although he made a few greedy choices at times). Stokes won more tackles in our midfield and was always having to come back to get the ball.

Rankin was actually our best midfielder tonight and he was awful.

We need Murray or Bamba in the midfield but that means having Hogg back alongside the remaining one and that doesnt fill me with much confidence.

Getting a good centre half in will give us a bit more flexibility - that must be the priority in January - its going to be a long wait I feel though.

Jamesie
22-09-2009, 09:59 PM
The club has lost it's way again with bringing in second rate journey man players.

Stack, McCormack, Hanlon, McBride, Bamba, Murray, Wotherspoon, Miller, Stokes, Riordan, Rankin

Who are you referring to?

On paper, the talent in that side should be doing a lot better than it did this evening.

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Agree with most things said tonight but I felt that Stokes worked his socks off tonight (although he made a few greedy choices at times). Stokes won more tackles in our midfield and was always having to come back to get the ball.

I felt he wasn't half as good as he was on Saturday - then again, it was difficult to really see any positives from tonight so perhaps I'm being a little harsh on him...

woody47
22-09-2009, 10:05 PM

Rankin was actually our best midfielder tonight and he was awful.

We need Murray or Bamba in the midfield but that means having Hogg back alongside the remaining one and that doesnt fill me with much confidence.

Getting a good centre half in will give us a bit more flexibility - that must be the priority in January - its going to be a long wait I feel though.

No he wasn't. rankin was absolute garbage and I really don't know what Yogi sees in this guy.:grr:

jakedance
22-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I can't really be bothered reading through dozens of threads when the title of this one seemed to sum the game up so succinctly.

That was gash.

The team have to learn to compete. Rangers, Celtic, Man Utd, Barcelona they all compete for every ball, chase things, close players down. If you put nothing in to the game you get nothing out of it.

We can only get better at least. Zemmamma needs a run in the team now.

GodisaHibee
22-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Stack, McCormack, Hanlon, McBride, Bamba, Murray, Wotherspoon, Miller, Stokes, Riordan, Rankin

Who are you referring to?

On paper, the talent in that side should be doing a lot better than it did this evening.

You know, it's soooo wearysome it's almost apathy that kicks in; NO player on that pitch tonight got pass marks; but, look at the players you mention; I would say: Stack; McBride; Bamba; Murray; Miller; Stokes; Riordan and Rankin qualify now as journey men.

NOT that they should all be dismissed; but it's hardly bringing on new talent ; is it?

GodisaHibee
22-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I can't really be bothered reading through dozens of threads when the title of this one seemed to sum the game up so succinctly.

That was gash.

The team have to learn to compete. Rangers, Celtic, Man Utd, Barcelona they all compete for every ball, chase things, close players down. If you put nothing in to the game you get nothing out of it.

:top marks

18/03/07
22-09-2009, 10:10 PM
The title of thread says it all,end of

Si_17
22-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Paul Hanlon is ****ing gash.

GodisaHibee
22-09-2009, 10:19 PM
And to clarify; it's not the fact we lost; it's the manner in which we lost......i.e. rubbish.

PPZPOL
22-09-2009, 10:28 PM
You need to play a killer pass (with movement from forward players - even Riordan!!!!!) or at least beat a player in the last third for things to happen. We just play in front of teams and let them get back in and set themselves up. We play too many lethargic boring little passes which gives the opposition time to set themselves up. It's fine keeping the ball for a bit at the back and in midfield but you need to move forward at some point. You can't do this any other way than with pace and some conviction - tonight there was neither of them 2 ingredients.

Zemmana picking up the ball and running at them trough the middle when he released Stokes was one of the only times this happened and we almost scored from it.

It's like you are told when you're a lad......if nothing is going right for you then dig in and give it some, close down and pester your opponent (they done it no problem). Appetite of the players tonight was awful. They had guys cramping up all over the place......we had guys strolling about all over the place, it told a story of the work rate of both sides.

Main didn't need to make a save tonight.

Speedway
22-09-2009, 10:29 PM
Yogi failing to read the warning signs on Saturday and playing the same team and formation was an act of supreme clownery IMO.
Stokes scored and thought he could walk the game. Spoon was mediocre. Bamba was unmitigated pish.

I could go on and on, but mainly I feel that the team was far too complacent and thought they could stroll the game - which is worrying in itself as they certainly didn't on Saturday and the 3-0 flattered them.

Or if he'd changed it and we'd got beat this would read:

'Yogi failing to heed what works and change a winning side was an act of supreme clownery IMO'

Jonnyboy
22-09-2009, 11:14 PM
A few points to ponder

Stack is no better than Maka and the big fella should be back in for Saturday. I know Stack made a couple of decent saves but his blocked kick out and total misreading of a high ball into the box (it sailed over his head FFS) would have been funny if it wasn't so worrying.

Why, when Alan Main hit the ball long at goal kicks, was John freakin Rankin marking Kenny Deuchar? Needless to say Deuchar won every ball and headed it into our box where we struggled to clear it.

Liam Miller is not a defensive midfielder. Too often he found himself competing for the ball deep in the Hibs half when he's much better suited to attacking play.

Why did Stokes, on two obvious occasions, elect to shoot from difficult angles when a square pass into the feet of Riordan would almost certainly have resulted in a goal. I'm all for the strikers trying to outscore each other but they need to work as a unit, not individuals.

Why does Riordan get to take every free kick and penalty?

Why do we play tippy tappy football in a forlorn attempt to retain possession only to give the ball away eventually by hoofing it into no-mans land?

Why is there no pace to our attacks?

RickyS
22-09-2009, 11:15 PM

That was gash.

did we win a 2nd ball at all tonight. Started to worry about the game when the headline in the news was, Yogi - we can go all the way! uh oh I thought, thats us ****ed then!
but on another note (and it might be green tinted glassed) im getting sick to the back teeth about how easily teams come to ER and play like the home team. they chase, stay close, win 1st and 2nd balls etc but we never do the same when we visit other grounds. are we that easy to predict?:boo hoo:

Jonnyboy
22-09-2009, 11:19 PM

That was gash.

Folk gush about the attacking qualities of these two sides and rightly so. What rarely seems to get a mention is how hard they work when they don't have the ball

Good teams don't just happen and hard work is as important as skill on a football pitch. Tonight's eleven should have a good long look at themselves and ask if they put enough effort in

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 11:22 PM
It's ironic really, Yogi would bust a gut for Hibs when he was playing just as Collins did and how does he/they get repaid?

Bunch of prima donnas, overpaid and overhyped and outclassed by St Johnstone.

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Or if he'd changed it and we'd got beat this would read:

'Yogi failing to heed what works and change a winning side was an act of supreme clownery IMO'

:yawn:

There were clear warning signs on Saturday. If St J had been more clinical, there's every chance they could have beaten us on Saturday as well.

Yes we won, but it was hardly a walkover was it?

Hence why I, and many others, felt that changes were needed.

Jonnyboy
22-09-2009, 11:25 PM
:yawn:

There were clear warning signs on Saturday. If St J had been more clinical, there's every chance they could have beaten us on Saturday as well.

Yes we won, but it was hardly a walkover was it?

There were, which is why McInnes started with Deuchar in attack. Neither Bamba nor Murray could handle him. On Saturday watch out for John Hutton doing a similar job. Big Sol needs to use his physique more IMO

Davy Mac
22-09-2009, 11:27 PM
It's ironic really, Yogi would bust a gut for Hibs when he was playing just as Collins did and how does he/they get repaid?

Bunch of prima donnas, overpaid and overhyped and outclassed by St Johnstone.

It happens, not just at Hibs..............

Hibby Riki
22-09-2009, 11:44 PM
HONKING:grr:

jakedance
22-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Folk gush about the attacking qualities of these two sides and rightly so. What rarely seems to get a mention is how hard they work when they don't have the ball

Good teams don't just happen and hard work is as important as skill on a football pitch. Tonight's eleven should have a good long look at themselves and ask if they put enough effort in

You watch guys like Scholes and Giggs and they've won everything going but they still have that desire to win. Our boys will raise their game against the old firm or hearts but against so called lesser teams we sit back and expect it to just happen for us. We should be right in against everyone. I don't care whether it's Hearts or Tranent Juniors, the effort and commitment should be the same.

St Johnstone played some great stuff tonight and fought for everything. We often beat visiting teams by virtue of the ability and talent in our squad but how often do we match them for effort? In fact when was the last time we took a game to our opposition away from home the way St Johnstone have to us twice in the last four days?

Infuriating stuff.

Jonnyboy
22-09-2009, 11:48 PM
You watch guys like Scholes and Giggs and they've won everything going but they still have that desire to win. Our boys will raise their game against the old firm or hearts but against so called lesser teams we sit back and expect it to just happen for us. We should be right in against everyone. I don't care whether it's Hearts or Tranent Juniors, the effort and commitment should be the same.

St Johnstone played some great stuff tonight and fought for everything. We often beat visiting teams by virtue of the ability and talent in our squad but how often do we match them for effort? In fact when was the last time we took a game to our opposition away from home the way St Johnstone have to us twice in the last four days?

Infuriating stuff.

VegasHibby
23-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Rubbish full stop.

The thing that gets me is what do they do in training FFS ??? Is Yogi present during training at all times ?

truehibernian
23-09-2009, 02:15 AM
The first goal went in and they relaxed. I watched Jody Morris' reaction and he was livid, furious, but challenging his team mates to step up. They equalised and I watched Bamba and Murray and they looked like ****gy and Scooby Doo saying "yikes" to each other.....no fight, grit or determination.......shades of a rudderless Mixu team. McInnes however got his tactics and formation (like Billy Reid), spot on. If you bully and fight and harrass Hibs......you will win the football match, It's that simple. Rankin and Miller up against guys who are 6'0 and 12 stone........they win the "battles" that Yogi is on about and hence win the second balls. We have no fight or punch in that midfield area, but more worrying is that we have no decent full backs and no width. All in all, despite the honeymoon period of summer, its bleak bleak bleak for Hibs this season I'm afraid. Yogi says the right things but he doesn't have the right players to buy into it. They are utter prima donnas (with the odd exception)

Gala Foxes
23-09-2009, 05:08 AM
Lost count of the number of headers Bamba missed in the first half, we just seemed incapable of clearing our lines all night. 1st and 3rd goals both down to that. McBride needs to learn he cant dribble past 2 or 3 men at the edge of our box. Miller apparently trains really well at East Mains, must have tired himself out during the day yesterday then ?

Steve20
23-09-2009, 06:02 AM
I agree with the OP that it was an embarrasment to the club.

However, the new target would appear to be Riordan were I was sitting at the match. Some people need a word with themselves. Take Deeks goals away and see were we end up. I have to laugh at people who say he shouldn't start games. Do these people know a thing about football? I think not.

Stack, McCormack, McBride and Rankin. There's four players who are not good enough to play for Hibs.

Luna Landing
23-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I agree with the OP that it was an embarrasment to the club.

However, the new target would appear to be Riordan were I was sitting at the match. Some people need a word with themselves. Take Deeks goals away and see were we end up. I have to laugh at people who say he shouldn't start games. Do these people know a thing about football? I think not.

Stack, McCormack, McBride and Rankin. There's four players who are not good enough to play for Hibs.

Agree about Stack - total bomb scare - doesnt command his box , drops the ball far too often - no idea what Yogi sees in him . Rankin is too light weight and inconsistent but how you can include McBride I've no idea . Other than Wotherspoon he's the only midfielder we have wh o rolls his sleeves up and gets stuck in - he was trying to cover midfield be himself last night. MacCormack is a young player being played out of position and doing his best - give him a break.

Judas Iscariot
23-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Your continual slating of Riordan is so boring and repetetive.. :yawn:

Has he personally done something to you?

Nailed your bird? Niece? Ran over a family pet? Gave you a dirty look up George St one night?

:dunno:

Riordan was certainly no worse than Bamba, McCormack, Hanlon, Stack and the worst of the lot Rankin..

Anyone with an ounce of savvy can see he's totally wasted in this pathetic front 3 we are playing as he's not receiving the ball in the correct areas, having to continually track the opponents right midfielder as our left sided midfielder, John Rankin, is forever posted missing..

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of the opportunity for you to have ANOTHER moan about Riordan.. :rolleyes:

khib70
23-09-2009, 10:33 AM

Nailed your bird? Niece? Ran over a family pet? Gave you a dirty look up George St one night?

Riordan was certainly no worse than Bamba, McCormack, Hanlon, Stack and the worst of the lot Rankin..

Anyone with an ounce of savvy can see he's totally wasted in this pathetic front 3 we are playing as he's not receiving the ball in the correct areas, having to continually track the opponents right midfielder as our left sided midfielder, John Rankin, is forever posted missing..

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of the opportunity for you to have ANOTHER moan about Riordan.. :rolleyes:
Nah, what is boring and repetitive is Riordan's fan club piling in to defend him even after a rank rotten performance like last night. He missed his second penalty in a fortnight, constantly mumped and moaned and contributed sweet FA. He needs his erse booted, and a spell on the bench to concentrate his mind on the job he's more than amply paid for.

The fact that everyone else was garbage does not excuse the Golden Child putting in another non performance. Those of us not part of the love-in will continue to point this out as long as it keeps happening.

Baldy Foghorn
23-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Nah, what is boring and repetitive is Riordan's fan club piling in to defend him even after a rank rotten performance like last night. He missed his second penalty in a fortnight, constantly mumped and moaned and contributed sweet FA. He needs his erse booted, and a spell on the bench to concentrate his mind on the job he's more than amply paid for.

The fact that everyone else was garbage does not excuse the Golden Child putting in another non performance. Those of us not part of the love-in will continue to point this out as long as it keeps happening.

Could not have responded any more succinctly.........

Baldy Foghorn
23-09-2009, 10:55 AM

Do you watch DR play, or are you constantly dreaming of eloping with him???:bye:

The reason I criticise him so much, is because he has so much natural ability, but can't be arsed putting a decent shift in, throws his arms in the air, and has a face as long as Leith walk...... Also being paid relatively handsomely for doing the square root of **** all........

hibee_girl
23-09-2009, 11:18 AM

Ed De Gramo
23-09-2009, 11:25 AM

10/10 :agree: