PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Ratings

FRes Hibbie
22-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I wasn't at the game tonight but was just wondering if the guys who were could post their ratings player-for-player.

ancient hibee
22-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Stack 4

McCormack 4

Bamba 3

Murray 3

Hanlon3

McBride 3

Miller 4

Rankin3

Wotherspoon 4

Stokes 5

Riordan 5

FRes Hibbie
22-09-2009, 09:27 PM
care to elaborate? :greengrin

JCHibby
22-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Stack 4

McCormack 4

Bamba 3

Murray 3

Hanlon3

McBride 3

Miller 4

Rankin3

Wotherspoon 4

Stokes 5

Riordan 5

I would agree with this bar, Bamba. I would give him a 1 for that performance tonight. Couldn't pass wind, tackle a fish supper or win one header. Very very poor, and he thinks he could cut it down south. Head out the clouds son!

hibee_girl
22-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Stack 4 - Looked very shaky tonight
McCormack 5 - Looked ok before getting subbed
Bamba 3 - had a god awful game, don't think he won one header all night
Murray 5 - not his best game
Hanlon 5 - again not his best game
Rankin 5 - had a few bad passes but made some important tackles
McBride 3 - awful
Wotherspoon 6 - didn't do anything too bad, moving him back to RB was a waste
Miller 5 - didn't do anything special
Deek 4 - missed a penatly and didn't do much else
Stokes 5 - Because he scored.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Yogi 2

Used subs at 1 - 1 until we had no defence :grr::grr:

MacBean
22-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Stack 4 - Looked very shaky tonight
McCormack 5 - Looked ok before getting subbed
Bamba 3 - had a god awful game, don't think he won one header all night
Murray 5 - not his best game
Hanlon 5 - again not his best game
Rankin 5 - had a few bad passes but made some important tackles
McBride 3 - awful
Wotherspoon 6 - didn't do anything too bad, moving him back to RB was a waste
Miller 5 - didn't do anything special
Deek 4 - missed a penatly and didn't do much else
Stokes 5 - Because he scored.

Wotherspoon was AWOL today

ancient hibee
22-09-2009, 09:30 PM
care to elaborate? :greengrin

I was feeling generous.

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Stack 4 - Pish. Get Maka back in immediately.

McCormack 4 - Pish

Bamba 3 - Pish

Murray 5 - Pish

Hanlon 4 - Pish

McBride 6 - Best player on the park for us although still pish.

Miller 4 - Pish

Rankin 3 - Pish

Wotherspoon 4 - Pish

Stokes 5 - Greedy bassa. Pish

Riordan 5 - Shouldn't take pens. Pish

Yogi - Pish

hibee_girl
22-09-2009, 09:34 PM

McCormack 4 - Pish

Bamba 3 - Pish

Murray 5 - Pish

Hanlon 4 - Pish

Miller 4 - Pish

Rankin 3 - Pish

Wotherspoon 4 - Pish

Yogi - Pish

:shocked:

Frazerbob
22-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Stack - few decent stops but the guy can not hold the ball and does not command his box at all.
McCormack - played reasonably but is not a RB IMO. Still a problem possition IMO.
Bamba - very poor tonight with a too many wayward passes. Didn't win nearly enough in the air.
Murray - looked very shakey tonight and very nervous on the ball. I would move him to left back.
Hanlon - had a shocker tonight. Badly at fault for the first goal.
Rankin - worst game for a while but, like the rest of the 3 man midfield, was always going to struggle against what was basically a 5 man Saints midfield.
McBride - decent in 1st half but was pissing againsy the wind in the 2nd.
Miller - 1st time I've seen him and thought he looked great in the first few minutes. Did nothing for the rest of the game though. Is he not supposed to be a winger?
Wotherspoon - wasted as the 3rd man in attack especially as Riordan and Stokes seem to play all night with each other and ignore him. Looked poor when moved back to RB. Much prefer him in midfield.
Stokes - looked our biggest threat up front and took is goal well. Poor service though from midfield. Why did he not take the penalty?
Riordan - one good run in the first half but otherwise poor. Very weak penalty again. why did he not take the free kick Rankin hit into the wall?

Yogi - why oh why did he not change to 4-4-2 when it was obvious from early in the match that or midfield was stuggling?

BSEJVT
22-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Stack 4 Brave as a lion but very error prone (not another one!)

McCormack 5 Does okay, great cross/ shot for Goal,

Bamba 2 Awful, loses header after header, terrible passing.

Murray 4 Effected by the malaise around him

Hanlon 2 Didnt do one thing right all night

McBride 2 Touch was awful , continuously overran the ball

Miller 5 Not scared to take the ball in and try and make a pass

Rankin 3 Hopeless tonight

Wotherspoon 3 Didnt really do anything in midfield and badly at fault for both goals

Stokes 5 Scored and worked hard

Riordan 3 Poor penalty and then tried to shoot every time to make up for it

Yogi 1 Tactics and personnel deployment are becoming a real worry. Is he watching the same game as we are?

H18sry
22-09-2009, 09:37 PM

McCormack 4 - Pish

Bamba 3 - Pish

Murray 5 - Pish

Hanlon 4 - Pish

Miller 4 - Pish

Rankin 3 - Pish

Wotherspoon 4 - Pish

Yogi - Pish

Change the record, what did he do wrong tonight that led to us losing any goals?

I'm_cabbaged
22-09-2009, 09:37 PM

McCormack 4 - Pish

Bamba 3 - Pish

Murray 5 - Pish

Hanlon 4 - Pish

Miller 4 - Pish

Rankin 3 - Pish

Wotherspoon 4 - Pish

Yogi - Pish

Agree with the rest, but he was pisher than pish. :bitchy:

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Change the record, what did he do wrong tonight that led to us losing any goals?

Nah I wont. Never done anything wrong that led to us losing goals he is just a **** keeper. Maka back in. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2009, 09:38 PM
No pass marks for any player tonight, and a negative mark for Yogi, for not learning from Saturday, and making a total erse of tonight's tactics....

Dunbar Hibee
22-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Nah I wont. Never done anything wrong that led to us losing goals he is just a **** keeper. Maka back in. :agree:

a ***** keeper get a grip of yourself. regardless of who we had in goals tonight the scoreline would have been the same. give the guy a break

Tomsk
22-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Stack - few decent stops but the guy can not hold the ball and does not command his box at all.
McCormack - played reasonably but is not a RB IMO. Still a problem possition IMO.
Bamba - very poor tonight with a too many wayward passes. Didn't win nearly enough in the air.
Murray - looked very shakey tonight and very nervous on the ball. I would move him to left back.
Hanlon - had a shocker tonight. Badly at fault for the first goal.
Rankin - worst game for a while but, like the rest of the 3 man midfield, was always going to struggle against what was basically a 5 man Saints midfield.
McBride - decent in 1st half but was pissing againsy the wind in the 2nd.
Miller - 1st time I've seen him and thought he looked great in the first few minutes. Did nothing for the rest of the game though. Is he not supposed to be a winger?
Wotherspoon - wasted as the 3rd man in attack especially as Riordan and Stokes seem to play all night with each other and ignore him. Looked poor when moved back to RB. Much prefer him in midfield.
Stokes - looked our biggest threat up front and took is goal well. Poor service though from midfield. Why did he not take the penalty?
Riordan - one good run in the first half but otherwise poor. Very weak penalty again. why did he not take the free kick Rankin hit into the wall?

Yogi - why oh why did he not change to 4-4-2 when it was obvious from early in the match that or midfield was stuggling?

Please don't tell me Rankin was taking free kicks. God give me strength!

Thecat23

Have to agree with this.. He's not coming off his line and never shouted tonight. i thought Maka should at least be given a game tonight if he's not playing in the league.

hibee_girl
Please don't tell me Rankin was taking free kicks. God give me strength!

He took one

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 09:42 PM
a ***** keeper get a grip of yourself. regardless of who we had in goals tonight the scoreline would have been the same. give the guy a break

I thought he was a decent keeper but tonight confirmed he was rubbish for me. Can't kick. Doesn't command. Won't leave his line.

He's ****.

Frazerbob
22-09-2009, 09:45 PM
He took one

Which was in prime Riordan possition.

hibee_girl
22-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Which was in prime Riordan possition.

:agree:

mcfly
22-09-2009, 09:51 PM
i have to disagree - he made a lot of good saves tonite and kept the score respectable.

he got no protection from the defence, and to bring back makalambay after some of the mistakes he's made in big games wouldnt be right on stack.

give him a chance.

EVENTUALLY
22-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Stack - 3 Very poor. Started with sloppy kick which was almost blocked into the net, hesitant under cross or high balls, distribution very very slow, fumbled shot which led to a corner resulting in absymal defending of Saints third goal. Maka is a better keeper in my view.

McCormack - 6 Best of the back four.

Hanlon - 5 Slipped up to allow Saints in for their first goal although he steadied up.

Murray - 4 As bad a game as he has played in a long time.

Bamba -3 Shocking display. Marking poor,outjumped by Deucher time and time again, passing very careless. He is not a center half in a million years.

Wotherspoon - 4 Quiet throughout and struggled to make any impact.

Miller - 5 Started well and faded badly.

McBride - 4 Poorest game so far. Caught in possession by the hard working Saints midfielders too often.

Rankin - 3 Toss up between him and Bamba for worst performance of the night. He was terrible and created nothing.

Stokes - 7 Best Hibs player. Good goal, good movement and the most industrious Hibs player on the park

Riordan - 4 Poor. He has now missed 3 of his last 4 pens.

Zemmamma - 7 Played well when he came on and by simply increasing the tempo of the game provided some spark to the team. His trickery may just have unlocked the Saints defence if he had been on from the start or at least half time.

Galbraith - 5 Never got into the game.

Hughes - 3 Wrong substitutions. No plan B. Needs to install some physical presence to the midfield and get a center half who is a center half.

GreenPJ
22-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Tonight's binary code-

Stack - 0 - Not commanding his box, must be a vampire and every team in the country now knows to lob the ball in the box and they have a greater than 50% chance of getting a shot on target if not a goal.

McCormack - 1 - Feel sorry for the lad, he is not an RB but is trying his hardest but does not have the natural comfort to run with the ball although today and Saturday he tried to make runs into the box but the passes never found him (generally cause they were pish as opposed to his run)

Bamba - 0 - For every silky drag back (not tonight) and elongated leg challenge there is a bambi on ice waiting to get out. Could not pass or win a header. At least any scouts there will probably delay recommending him for a while on that performance.

Murray - 0 - Better than Bambi, however, as captain he had a responsibility to try and rally the boys from their deep coma's and he did nothing so am afraid its zip.

Hanlon - 0 - Similar to McCormack, don't think he is a natural full back but tries, however, did not win headers and culpable for the first goal as well as woeful passing.

Miller - 0 - Did not do anything wrong, oh no sorry, did not do anything. Does not like the physical side of the game and his distribution was poor.

McBride - 0.5 - I appreciate this is a non binary score but thought he deserved something a little more than zip but his second half shambles did not justify a 1. Could this be the Falkirk McBride making his first appearance?

Rankin - 1 - Tried hard but delivered little.

Wotherspoon - 1 - See Rankin, nothing came off for him, however, when we are relying on a 19 year old to drive our team forward then we are in trouble.

Riordan - 0 - Drivel, the Riordan I hate. All that talent and did absolutely nothing all game and I am not even considering the penalty miss in giving that score.

Stokes - 01 - Gave him 1 for the goal but then would also give him 0 for the rest of his play. Too many times in the second half in particular Zemmama was in acres of space and he went himself or went looking for his drinking buddy.

Zemmama - does not get a score as its not in the binary range - the one very small positive.

Galbraith - 0 - did nothing although can't blame him, he was playing with huddies.

Yogi - 0 - Learnt nothing, should have given other players a chance, am slowly starting to panic.

Beer time. :boo hoo:

magnificent_seven
22-09-2009, 10:27 PM
A few OTT reactions, we were pish but we have been worse. That was the best Saints have played all season and it was 1-1 up to the 83rd minute!

Stack 6 - Kept us in the game in the first half

McCormack 5 - Done nothing of note

Bamba 4 - Poor day for Sol, but then again he is a midfielder

Murray 4 - Poor communication with Bamba at the back, and wasn't really vocal throughout the game considering he is team captain.

Hanlon 5 - A few good challenges but positioning at fault at points

McBride 4 - Worked hard but every 2nd touch was a tackle

Miller 5 - Some tidy pases but not enough. Still making it to match fitness remember.

Rankin 4 - Again worked hard but to no avail, poor deliveries from set pieces too.

Wotherspoon 5 - Didn't really do much tonight and was wasted at LB

Stokes 4 - Too greedy with the ball

Riordan 5 - Poor

Yogi 4 - Tactics were pretty dire.

Zemamma 7 - Should have started
Galbraith 6 - Didn't do too much, would have started with him too though

magnificent_seven
22-09-2009, 10:30 PM
I thought he was a decent keeper but tonight confirmed he was rubbish for me. Can't kick. Doesn't command. Won't leave his line.

He's ****.

He made some good saves tonight. Spilled a few shots but I would hardly say he was pish. St Johnstone had 15 shots at goal.

MussyHibby
22-09-2009, 10:32 PM

Dropped the ball (again!!!!!) for the 3rd and cost us a the goal from the subsequent corner!

He doesn't look the part for me! :agree:

woody47
22-09-2009, 10:34 PM

He dropped the ball too many times including spilling it for a corner before the 3rd.
I cannot for the life of me see what any one sees in this guy. Doesn't command his box. Won't come of his line when he should. And before any one starts, yes he is a good shot stopper but so was Andy McNeil and he got pelters for the same things Stack is now doing.

Ell_Chrisso
22-09-2009, 10:42 PM

McCormack 4 - Pish

Bamba 3 - Pish

Murray 5 - Pish

Hanlon 4 - Pish

Miller 4 - Pish

Rankin 3 - Pish

Wotherspoon 4 - Pish

Yogi - Pish

Are you serious???

Riordan was shocking! and McBride just takes sooooooooooooo much time on the ball, and doesnt release any sort of break away passes.

Future17
22-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Stackalamby - 5 - Wasn't at fault for any of the goals but spilled a few shots and got nowhere a cross which should have been easy considering the time it spent in the air. Did well to recover the ball after a few mistakes but those were balls he should've held in the first place. Still think he is worth a longer run in the team as keeper's need that to settle in properly. Needs to be quicker off his line.

McCormack - 5 - I want to like Darren - probably something to do with him punching Jambos - but the jury is out. I know he is young and playing out of his natural position but his use of the ball and positional awareness have seemed poor for two games in a row now. Good attacking instincts led to our goal.

Murray - 6 - I always think it's hard to judge centre-halves from the terracing as you don't get the best view of their positioning in relation to the action around them. Seemed ok defensively tonight, didn't see much that screamed "inspirational captain" and I think we may need one this season.

Bamba - 6 - I honestly can't make up my mind. Sometimes awesome, sometimes jumps in a different post code to where the ball is. I like him though. Solid enough tonight.

Hanlon - 5 - Poor at the first goal tonight but he'll come good as an attacking wing-back.

McBride - 3 - I've already burned out one keyboard with my thoughts on McBride tonight. Was let down by his midfield partners, but let himself down more.

Wotherspoon - 4 - What happened tonight?!? I think he's been awesome this season but seemed to have no interest in holding the ball, running at players or doing the kind of thing that's excited me about him this season. He gets a higher mark than McBride or Rankin as his distribution was the best of a bad bunch.

Rankin - 3 - Very poor. Two bad games in a row now. Would be surprised to see him start against Motherwell.

Miller - 4 - Looks like a good signing and uses the ball well at times. Needs to impose himself on the game more so can't justify giving him higher than a 4.

Riordan - 5 - Much-improved work-rate compared to Saturday. Would've liked to have seen him have more shots but didn't get into the positions. Would love a look at the tactics bored to find out where exactly he's been told to play - is it left wing? Is it up front? Where should he be when we defend? Where should he be when we attack? I think 9 players behind the ball is enough for anyone - let Deek and Stokes play some football if we're not going to have Zemmama in the midfield.

Stokes - 6- Striker's goal. Needs to be in those positions more but the way we're playing doesn't allow for it. He would've been cracking up front with Fletch but he needs a proper strike partner.....and it's not Colin Nish. Good work-rate again.

Subs:

Galbraith - 3 - Didn't get involved enough. Looking forward to seeing him start a game so he can have a proper chance to make an impact. I hope it's against Hearts.

Zemmama - 3 - Wasn't interested. Might have played slightly better if he'd tendered his resignation from the Filipe Morais Fellatio Society and actually warmed-up.

lapsedhibee
22-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Zemmama - 3 - Wasn't interested.

Eh? :confused:

GreenPJ
22-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Zemmama - 3 - Wasn't interested. Might have played slightly better if he'd tendered his resignation from the Filipe Morais Fellatio Society and actually warmed-up.

It was Benji who was having the love in, Zemmama was warming up at half time with Galbraith. I actually thought he played well when he came on, we actually played the ball on the deck for 4 mins and started to create openings when he was on the ball.

Speedy
22-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Everyone was Nade apart from Zemmama who looked decent and Stack and Bamba who were very Nade

Future17
22-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Eh? :confused:

It was Benji who was having the love in, Zemmama was warming up at half time with Galbraith. I actually thought he played well when he came on, we actually played the ball on the deck for 4 mins and started to create openings when he was on the ball.

Zemmama is the most talented footballer in the current Hibs squad whicj, in my opinion, makes him one of the most talented footballers in the SPL. At Blackburn he ran the show against EPL players.

Tonight, his passing was poor, he rarely came back past the halfway line and I can't remember him running at an opposition player with the ball at his feet.

GreenPJ
22-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Zemmama is the most talented footballer in the current Hibs squad whicj, in my opinion, makes him one of the most talented footballers in the SPL. At Blackburn he ran the show against EPL players.

Tonight, his passing was poor, he rarely came back past the halfway line and I can't remember him running at an opposition player with the ball at his feet.

Zemmama is the wee morrocan chap, dark hair, are you getting him muddled up with our no 10 tonight?

NYHibby
22-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Half of Stack's good saves were because of him misplaying the ball in the first place. His poor play made him look not as bad as he actually was.

Rankin had poor results but at least he was trying. If he has a good week training, I think you keep him in. I don't think we should be dropping players who are actually displaying effort.

Bamba was terrible

Zemamma looked good. However, sometimes when we fall behind, I feel like he is trying to do too much himself.

Future17
22-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Zemmama is the wee morrocan chap, dark hair, are you getting him muddled up with our no 10 tonight?

Ahh, THAT Zemmama! Is this the origin of the "Who's Zemmama?" chant? :greengrin

I thought Riordan came back too much tonight if he's supposed to be a striker in this formation. I know we won't get much defending from MZ but he wasn't up to his usual high standards tonight.

Perhaps a 3 was a bit harsh but players have got to meet the standards they have set for themselves with previous performances.

Perspective
22-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Stack - Shambolic. I'm a Maka fan and he would be slaughtered if he got up to half of what Stack did tonight. Aimless punts forward to non-existent target men, way too casual in kicking the ball out (comically almost costing us a goal when he blasted it off Milne), refuses to comefor any crosses and no communication with his defence. On top of that he spilled a few standard shots and his only saving grace was undoubted bravery.

McCormack - not a right-back. Hid far too often instead of making himself available for a pass from the centre-backs.

Murray - not a huge fan, but he was marginally better than Bamba.

Bamba - midfield or the bench for me. Can't jump or challenge properly. His undoubted abilities are wasted outside of the engine room.

Hanlon - not convinced he's a left-back either but, to be fair, he stuck to his task, got up and down the flank and can hold his head high.

McBride - passing not as clinical as usual, but wasn't afriad to show time and time again for the ball. On a night loike tonight that at least shows guts and someone willing to take responsibility, even if it didn't come off for him tonight.

Rankin - see McBride. Would benefit from keeping it simple for five or ten minutes if his World Cup passes aren't finding the target.

Wotherspoon - felt for him. Tried possibly too hard tonight and didn't really get a chance to run at Saints. Another who at least tried to get on the ball.

Miller - outmuscled too easily but willing to give him time. Needs an enforcer alongside him.

Riordan - don't get me started.

Stokes - Still not impressed, but I thought early on that there were signs that he's inching closer to pass marks. Dropping deep, trying to kick-start moves and at least he has a turn of pace. A lot to prove.

Si_17
22-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Stack - 0
McCormack - 0
Bamba - 0
Murray - 0
Hanlon - 0
McBride - 0
Miller - 0
Rankin - 0
Wotherspoon - 0
Stokes - 0
Riordan - 0

The_Horde
23-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Stack - Shambolic. I'm a Maka fan and he would be slaughtered if he got up to half of what Stack did tonight. Aimless punts forward to non-existent target men, way too casual in kicking the ball out (comically almost costing us a goal when he blasted it off Milne), refuses to comefor any crosses and no communication with his defence. On top of that he spilled a few standard shots and his only saving grace was undoubted bravery.

McCormack - not a right-back. Hid far too often instead of making himself available for a pass from the centre-backs.

Murray - not a huge fan, but he was marginally better than Bamba.

Bamba - midfield or the bench for me. Can't jump or challenge properly. His undoubted abilities are wasted outside of the engine room.

Hanlon - not convinced he's a left-back either but, to be fair, he stuck to his task, got up and down the flank and can hold his head high.

McBride - passing not as clinical as usual, but wasn't afriad to show time and time again for the ball. On a night loike tonight that at least shows guts and someone willing to take responsibility, even if it didn't come off for him tonight.

Rankin - see McBride. Would benefit from keeping it simple for five or ten minutes if his World Cup passes aren't finding the target.

Wotherspoon - felt for him. Tried possibly too hard tonight and didn't really get a chance to run at Saints. Another who at least tried to get on the ball.

Miller - outmuscled too easily but willing to give him time. Needs an enforcer alongside him.

Riordan - don't get me started.

Stokes - Still not impressed, but I thought early on that there were signs that he's inching closer to pass marks. Dropping deep, trying to kick-start moves and at least he has a turn of pace. A lot to prove.

I think that was more to do with Saints pressing, and us not having an answer to it.

Anyway aye, ratings..

Stack - 4 - Very poor tonight, doesn't look like he knows what he is doing some of the time. And doesn't come from crosses at all, we'd be as well having Mcneil back in there. His only good point is his kicking but whats the point with 2 strikers who won't challenge for the ball. Was Meeko right?

Mccormack - 5 - Not a right back and it showed tonight, positional sense poor and if he's a centre back i'm Bob Dylan, big jessie!

Bamba - 5 - WTF?! what was wrong tonight?, i could count on one hand the amount of headers he won tonight.

Murray - 6 - Better than Bamba and i felt sorry for Ian tonight, he seemed like was giving everything he had and was left exposed far too much due to our lightweight midfield and Sol's inept performance.

Hanlon - 5 - This boy will, no doubt, be good one day. But was left exposed by Yogi's p!sh tactics.

Mcbride - 3 - Sits far too deep, is too slow and is too lightweight. Would much rather have had Cregg in there today. Reads the game well but reacts too slow to do anything about it, and is far too right footed. We need to sacrifice him in favour of a bit of width.

Miller - 5 - Looks bright on the ball when he gets it but the lack of width/movement means he doesn't get much time on the ball or many options once he is on it.

Rankin - 4 - Looked lost tonight and won nothing.

Wotherspoon - 5 - 100% effort and that is all you can ask from anybody for but was never going to do well tonight with the tactics Yogi employed and then the fact that our more 'senior' players didn't turn up.

Riordan - 4 - Liability tonight, and i'm a big Riordan fan. Benji should have started in his place. Poor penalty, why does he feel he has to smash them now?

Stokes - 6 - Goal apart, he was poor tonight. Only slightly better than Riordan and should have slotted that chance home when Zouma played him in, needs to challenge for headers more.

Galbraith - 4 - Never got the ball to the guy enough.

Zemmama - 6 - Should have been on from the start, was taking the p!ss out of them and should have came on for Mcbride IMO.

Yogi - 1 - To persist with the same team/formation that struggled to control the on Saturday was a poor decision and we can't continue to play that way until we have the correct players for it. 4-4-2 is the way forward for now IMO. We need to play wingers and not strikers out wide as it's leaving our full backs exposed, and if we to play passing football wingers are essential.

truehibernian
23-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Sorry, how on earth was Hanlon exposed by Yogi's tactics.......he is a left full back, his job is to basically defend the left flank..............St Johnstone's goals found Hanlon playing the centre half position because he wasn't concentrating on his left back duties. He gets dragged constantly into these positions because he ball watches rather than opponent watches. The goals could have been avoided it Hanlon had not been distracted enough by the bright lights and pace of the game and had actually concentrated on his role. For the first and second goal, he was in the middle of the box whereas he should have been defending the attacking (scoring) player on the edge of the box. No wonder Murray was going banzai at him all the time. He is never a left back in a million years.........he does not have the pace, awareness nor the guile.

The_Horde
23-09-2009, 02:01 AM
He was exposed due to us not having a left midfielder.

The closest thing to is was Riordan.

truehibernian
23-09-2009, 02:02 AM
Riordan wasn't playing left back though

The_Horde
23-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Riordan wasn't playing left back though

Where did i say he was?

Hanlon had nobody helping him out (a left midfielder/winger) and even when Riordan did try and help out back he was useless.

We need to start playing 4-4-2 and putting Riordan up front.

truehibernian
23-09-2009, 02:25 AM
For goals 1 and 2, Hanlon was in his own 6 yard box playing where a centre half should be, because he got dragged (ball watching) towards that area instead of marking his man (Swankie.......then Millar). His positional sense is, as it was v St Mirren and Hamilton, awful. Riordan is not the full back, nor should he be expected to be in that position when an inswinging cross or pass comes into the left full back position. Hanlon should have been attacking Swankie and denying him space to shoot, not Riordan, and from a throw-in on the right flank, Hanlon should again not have been drawn to marking who Murray and Bamba had covered. Hanlon, I am afraid, had the preverbial mare tonight and should be dropped henceforth, never to be seen at left back again. Over rated and out of his depth at this level IMO.

The_Horde
23-09-2009, 02:46 AM
For goals 1 and 2, Hanlon was in his own 6 yard box playing where a centre half should be, because he got dragged (ball watching) towards that area instead of marking his man (Swankie.......then Millar). His positional sense is, as it was v St Mirren and Hamilton, awful. Riordan is not the full back, nor should he be expected to be in that position when an inswinging cross or pass comes into the left full back position. Hanlon should have been attacking Swankie and denying him space to shoot, not Riordan, and from a throw-in on the right flank, Hanlon should again not have been drawn to marking who Murray and Bamba had covered. Hanlon, I am afraid, had the preverbial mare tonight and should be dropped henceforth, never to be seen at left back again. Over rated and out of his depth at this level IMO.

I wasn't just on about when they had the ball, also when we had it there was only one option up the wing the majority of the time, a long ball up to Deeks (who wasn't really playing as a winger or an out and out forward, in fact i don't know what his role was today) which 99% of the time got cut out. That is where a full back should have 3 options, up the line (to the left midfielder), back to the defender/goalie or a CM coming short.

I do agree with what you are saying though and said earlier to a mate that Hogg should return and Murray put at left back but we still need to return to a simple 4-4-2 and get some left and right midfielders in there who will take the ball to feet and run at defenders, stretch the game a bit.

We were p!sh tonight because Yogi didn't get the right mix of flair and fight (yet again) and because his tactics were horrible.

Also, we need to quicken up the play from back to front, not Mixu style though.

Steve20
23-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Stack - 5 - He is not the answer.

McCormack - 4 - Never a right back in a million years. Too exposed.

Hanlon - 5 - As someone else said, he will be a good player(no matter what some idiots claim), but had an off day.

Murray - 5 - Poor yesterday.

Bamba - 4 - Can be brilliant A nightmare yesterday. All over the place.

McBride - 4 - Whatever people think he brings, I just don't see it.

Rankin - 4 - Never good enough to play for Hibs. Needs dropped.

Miller - 5 - Looks to make the nice passes, but not his night.

Wotherspoon - 4 - Missing last night. Hopefully won't be dropped on back of this, as he has been very good in the other games he started.

Riordan - 5 - Despite some people, he actually put alot of effort in yesterday but not much came off for him.

Stokes - 6 - Probably our best player, but needs to be less greedy at times.

Yogi - 2 - Get that midfield sorted ASAP

A mention for Zemmama, who i thought was trying to make things happen. As for the person who said he never ran at anyone - What match were you at? Has to start on saturday.

Beefster
23-09-2009, 06:41 AM
hat was the best Saints have played all season

How do you know?

magnificent_seven
23-09-2009, 07:02 AM
How do you know?

I stay in Perth and i have been to a couple of games this season when Hibs haven't been playing or I couldn't make it to Easter Road. I also made a handful of games last season and it's the best I have seen them play in a long time.

Also through mates that go and see them every week.

Beefster
23-09-2009, 07:05 AM
I stay in Perth and i have been to a couple of games this season when Hibs haven't been playing or I couldn't make it to Easter Road. I also made a handful of games last season and it's the best I have seen them play in a long time.

Also through mates that go and see them every week.

Fair dos. Just wondered if it was a 'random' statement or something with some substance behind them.

A miniscule bit of comfort from it being their best performance this season but not much!

sean
23-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Having only seen hibs play celtic up until last night due to saturday footballing commitments,i have reserved making judgements on the team and our new players.

Last night was without a doubt one of the worst performances i can remeber from a hibs team under the management of bobby williamson, mowbray, collins or mixu.

It's completley obvious we have no natural leader,no organisation,the opposition had a 34year old man in the middle of the park who controlled the game from the first whistle to the last,constantly talking his team mates through it.i seen ian murray make 1 effort too gee his players up and offer any encouragement.

The defence looks weak as can be, its madness on hughes part that he came to hibs knowning we could score goals and all we have signed is midfield or forwards,if we dont get a decent free agent we are without doubt up the ****ter! Ian murray looks a shadow of his former self, sol bamba is not even good enough for ametuer football,his decision making is woeful,at one point he charges forward and tries to win a header in the oppositions half of the centre circle,madness!!the fullbacks dont seem that flash,the young lad hanlon looks no better than the boy van zanten and seemed to see a 12 yard pass as far to complex

the midfield looked slow,pedestrian and lacking in any ideas, miller didnt seem keen to get invloved(i wonder if he is here to play some football,or infact just pick up an easy packet in the SPL) john rankin was non existant and his passing was nothing short of woeful,not enough people were keen to come and take the ball of the CH even for a wee one two, we only looked a threat when zemmama came on and went a wee bit more direct down the flanks,i also feel hughes shape has made the team too narrow.

all in all riordan and stokes did a decent job,stokes looks unfit but i think will be a good signing in time,his awareness and link up play looks excellent.if we can keep him fit then i can see an excellent partnership between him and riordan

sunshine1875
23-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Stack 4

McCormack 4

Bamba 3

Murray 3

Hanlon3

McBride 3

Miller 4

Rankin3

Wotherspoon 4

Stokes 5

Riordan 5

Nobody played well, though Zemmama was good when he came on.

Fans 2 no singing, more moans, low attendance "let he without sin cast the first stone"

fife hfc
23-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Stack 2 Have backed him but he was awful
McCormack 5 At least gave his all
Hanlon 4 looked very nervous and struggled
bamba 3 was woeful
Murray 3 usually reliable but dragged down to the gutter
Mcbride 3 tried hard but struggled
Rankin 2 completely lost
Miller 3 clearly lacks fitness
Wotherspoon 3 looked like the only midfielder trying to play football
Stokes 7 good movement and worked hard still a touch too greedy
Riordan 0 :grr: Greedy wee sh*te

Zemmama excellent and shows he is the class player we have

Broken Gnome
23-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Stokes 7 good movement and worked hard still a touch too greedy
Riordan 0 :grr: Greedy wee sh*te

Slight contradiction :greengrin

Stokes movement ISN'T good by the way, a lot of people seem to think otherwise. When Hibs were dying a death in their attempts to actually do something positive and break forward from their negative 5 yard passing stupor, they need Stokes to drop short way WAY more than he does. Lost count of the times where I was actively looking for him to provide an out-ball to feet which was clearly on yet he was yards slow.

The crux is from this is that collectively and individually Hibs were hopeless last night. The root cause of this is Hughes trying to shoehorn too many players into the side and persisting with a system that is continually failing to work. If you were giving ratings after this Saturday's game to a side of (for agruments sake keeping it relatively close to last nights team)

Stack

McCormack
Bamba
Murray
Hanlon

Wotherspoon
Cregg
Miller
Galbraith

Zemmama

Stokes

then by default every single player would be better, just because that has some form of cohesion. It wouldn't rectify the defensive mistakes obviously, but you'd at least get a better passing side.

McCormack

Penrith Hibee
23-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Stackalamby - 6 Good impersination of Dracula but brave as a lion.
McCormack - 5 - seen better/worse.
Hanlon - 4 - Steady but at fault for goals 1 and 2. Needs a rest.
Murray - 4 -Affected by Bamba the bombscare.
Bamba - 2 - Mare of titanic proportions. Not a centre half Yogi, you should know!
McBride - 6 - One of our better players but out numbered.
Rankin - 5 - tried hard, but nees to keep passes simple.
Wotherspoon - 3 - poor tonight. Will come good though
Stokes - 6 - natural goal scorer, worked hard and I don't mind greediness in a striker!
Riordan - 4 - tried hard for once, but didn't work tonight.
Miller - 4 - nice touches but out numbered.

Zemmamma - 8 - just for going past players, hooray!
Galbraith - 3 - came on when things were going t*ts up.

Yogi - 0 - is there anyone else in the ground that couldn't see we needed to beef up the midfield? No, I thought not!

Having said all that, we actually played well in patches going forward, not the worst performance by a long way. Some people have extremely short memories or are related to Blobby/Mixu etc...

Ronaldo9
23-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Thought McCormack done OK, to say he done nothing of note is a wee bit embarrasing, must have missed the goal that he set up???

As for him havin no positional sense if you watched yogi he wasnt to bothered about DMc defending he just kept yelling at him to push on yet he never received the pass. If Stokes had laid him in early 2nd half then we porbably would have scored!