PDA

View Full Version : Case for the Defence

Captain Trips
22-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Is there one?

I fear not, I think we have good quality upfront but as we work backwards there are flaws, we dont have good reliable CBs we need a partnership and there isnt one, this is a key position and its weak.

Yogi needs to look again for out of contract players or promote a player as the defence is poor and cannot struggle on until next window. Murray and Bamba for the odd game never a defence for the long term IMO. We have problems in midfield that can probably be sorted with the players there now, ie moving Bamba.

Any available funds should be put into signing a player or 2 to get the spine of this team sorted, we need to sign a leader.

Let it be said tonight Deeks miss is as bad as any error at back thus he is to blame as much as anyone else. Vital to score penalties.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Yogu used 3 subs weakening our defence with each sub and at that point it was 1 - 1 so Yogi must take the blame imho

Captain Trips
22-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Yogu used 3 subs weakening our defence with each sub and at that point it was 1 - 1 so Yogi must take the blame imho

They all take blame.

col02
22-09-2009, 09:23 PM
The spine of our team from the front to the back is not defensively sound imho! Riordan does no closing down, our midfield is pretty often too deep, the central defence cannot deal with any high balls into the box and our goalie in Stack is permanently rooted to his line. Hot and cold season coming up I reckon!

H18sry
22-09-2009, 09:23 PM

2 sub's but I'm being pedantic :grr:

Captain Trips
22-09-2009, 10:33 PM
The spine of our team from the front to the back is not defensively sound imho! Riordan does no closing down, our midfield is pretty often too deep, the central defence cannot deal with any high balls into the box and our goalie in Stack is permanently rooted to his line. Hot and cold season coming up I reckon!

Indeed the midfield is very inconsistant, but I think the players are there maybe 1 signing. CB needs purchased and a leader.