PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Bring back nish

Sloppy
22-09-2009, 08:53 PM
had no height up front tonight, playing high balls to stokes and riorden :grr: get nishy back:grr:

hibee_girl
22-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I said the same thing tonight, we could have done with him :agree:

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 08:57 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

Are things really that bad ?

Benji surely worth a shout before "NISE" :greengrin

Sloppy
22-09-2009, 08:58 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

Are things really that bad ?

Benji surely worth a shout before "NISE" :greengrin
:agree: again he has no presence about him

Greenblood70
22-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure how nish would've been the answer tbh, honest trier that he is.

I think our problems run deeper than that sadly.

Future17
22-09-2009, 09:00 PM
had no height up front tonight, playing high balls to stokes and riorden :grr: get nishy back:grr:

Anyone who was at Hamilton will testify that Nish does no better than Stokes with high balls.

Isn't the answer to stop playing high balls? :confused:

Sloppy
22-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Anyone who was at Hamilton will testify that Nish does no better than Stokes with high balls.

but you have no movement from midfield and fans moan so stack does the reasonable thing and smacks it up for them to header straight back to us

HibbyKeith
22-09-2009, 09:02 PM
never mind nish... get bamba back in midfield!

we were shocking again in the middle of the park, no bite/presence/anything.

hogg/thicot and murray at cb with bamba in the middle replacing mcbride pls.

Sloppy
22-09-2009, 09:02 PM

:agree: and nish up front:grr:

Captain Trips
22-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Nish, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Messi? Matters not when the defence hasnt the papers to defend.

Now how often has Nish been named in same sentence as those guys :greengrin

Jones28
22-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Until we can pass the ball to feet and stop playing 50/50 balls, it dosen't matter who's up front.

ScottB
22-09-2009, 09:21 PM
To an extent we may be missing his assists etc, but really the key areas are exactly what they were last year, despite massive (for us) investment.

Dodgy Keeping situation

Shaky Defense

Midfield

We are, over flowing with talent and options in the attack roles, but everything else is stretched thin frankly. A doing like tonight has been on the cards and we have, to an extent, ridden our luck thus far this season.

ancient hibee
22-09-2009, 09:23 PM

Surely nobody can want Murray at CB,he can't even jump anymore.

TheBall'sRound
22-09-2009, 09:25 PM
It's not the end of the world if you don't win the high ball as long as you are committed to winning the second ball the comes out the way. We're sitting so deep that their centre halves are having no problems hitting their midfielders unchallenged.

When was the last time we dominated another side? That game tonight looked all too familiar compared to last season

The Sundance Kid
22-09-2009, 09:25 PM

TBH I feel that this is more of the problem rather than who it is playing up front.

And despite the fact he is tall Nish doesn't win anything in the air much anyway

PISTOL1875
22-09-2009, 09:27 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

If you are going to hump high balls into the front players then Nish is the only person who can deal with them...

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Nish can't deal with high balls. He either misses them completely or gives away fouls.

It wouldn't be a positive change, it'd be lateral at best.

PISTOL1875
22-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Nish can't deal with high balls. He either misses them completely or gives away fouls.

It wouldn't be a positive change, it'd be lateral at best.

At least he would compete with the defenders physically which is a lot more than Stokes or Deek can do... There defence tonight won't have any easier 90minutes for a while ...

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Where was Thicot, Nish and Cregg?

Would have been an improvement on that crap.

Jones28
22-09-2009, 09:44 PM

Exactly, we have players who can pass the ball and link up with the strikers so why not just play the ball through Cregg, Mcbride, Miller etc

PISTOL1875
22-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Where was Thicot, Nish and Cregg?

Would have been an improvement on that crap.

Thicot would be better at the back than Sol that's for sure.........

Sas_The_Hibby
22-09-2009, 09:46 PM
At least he would compete with the defenders physically which is a lot more than Stokes or Deek can do... There defence tonight won't have any easier 90minutes for a while ...

Nish 'competing' usually means him grappling with the defender, losing the ball with a poor first touch, falling on his a***e and then complaining when he doesn't get a free kick. Sorry, but having Nish back in would solve nothing at all.

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 09:48 PM

I doubt Nish would be able to effectively compete with defenders. His 'performance' at Hamilton is an example.

Stokes and Deek can't deal with high balls, but the answer is to change tactics, not bring in Nish.

Thecat23
22-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I doubt Nish would be able to effectively compete with defenders. His 'performance' at Hamilton is an example.

Stokes and Deek can't deal with high balls, but the answer is to change tactics, not bring in Nish.

Agree! Or give Benji a game.

crash
22-09-2009, 09:53 PM

Eh... maybe we could try playing some football instead:rolleyes:

HibeeUnderwood
22-09-2009, 10:05 PM
I was sitting west upper tonight and I saw Colin Nish sitting in the executive bit with some other guys and this is a game that he could have been playing in and he seemed really peeved that he was sitting up their instead of playing on the park, understandable! I think that we would have benefited from Nishy's presensce tonight, he does give height and puts in a good shift, it is just a shame that his games to goals ratio doesn't add up! :rolleyes:

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I was sitting west upper tonight and I saw Colin Nish sitting in the executive bit with some other guys and this is a game that he could have been playing in and he seemed really peeved that he was sitting up their instead of playing on the park, understandable! I think that we would have benefited from Nishy's presensce tonight, he does give height and puts in a good shift, it is just a shame that his games to goals ratio doesn't add up! :rolleyes:

It's not his goals to games ratio, it's the fact that he's been pish the past few games he's played in...

GlesgaeHibby
22-09-2009, 10:06 PM

What presence does Nish have? :faf:

He's a big guy, but he has no presence, no strength.

Nish would not have been the answer.

HibeeUnderwood
22-09-2009, 10:24 PM
What presence does Nish have? :faf:

He's a big guy, but he has no presence, no strength.

Nish would not have been the answer.

His height I'm afraid, that would have been useful when you consider every ball we played was a long high one and the st j defence was heading every ball clear

I think it may not have changed the outcome of the result but it would have created more chances for us, if only those who are given the chance take it! :duck:

GlesgaeHibby
22-09-2009, 10:26 PM
His height I'm afraid, that would have been useful when you consider every ball we played was a long high one and the st j defence was heading every ball clear

I think it may not have changed the outcome of the result but it would have created more chances for us, if only those who are given the chance take it! :duck:

When have you ever seen Nish win balls in the air?

Ronnie Corbett could make as good a go at winning a high ball as Nish.

lyonhibs
22-09-2009, 10:33 PM

Nish is 6 foot 3 before he leaves the ground, but has mastered the Amadou Konte art of punching well, WELL below his weight when in an aerial challenge.

I challenge anyone to give me the last time Nish put in an aerially dominating performance remotely close to the ilk of performance that Kenny Deuchar put in tonight.

RickyS
22-09-2009, 10:37 PM

think this criticism of Nish is a bit overkill, he's no world beater I know, if he was he would be playing his footy elsewhere. but tonight he would have helped hold it up and keep it in their half for more than 7 seconds. he is good for 10-12 goals a season ( a couple behind fletch and deek) is a Hibs man and probably feels the negative vibes from the stand and sometimes a bit encouragement goes a long way.

Ritchie
23-09-2009, 09:08 AM
nish is 100% gash... he brings little to the team.

whats the point of playing a tall player for their height if they cannot win headers, provide flick ons or stay on their feet during contact with defenders.... then again... at least he's a prolific goalscorer.... :rolleyes:

he's murder!! :agree:

Ritchie
23-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Nish is 6 foot 3 before he leaves the ground, but has mastered the Amadou Konte art of punching well, WELL below his weight when in an aerial challenge.

I challenge anyone to give me the last time Nish put in an aerially dominating performance remotely close to the ilk of performance that Kenny Deuchar put in tonight.

nish couldnae lace deuchars boots!!

skipster7
23-09-2009, 09:15 AM
no , just stop playing high balls :confused:

HFC 0-7
23-09-2009, 09:21 AM

Agree that we should play someone with height up front but Nish is defo not the answer, he cant jump and by his own admission doesnt like to be a target man, which he would be used for. Nish gives away fouls too much and is on his back side too often. If you want height then play benji he can win balls in the air by backing into defenders and bringing down on his chest. Not Nish though, he is a bombscare!

BSEJVT
23-09-2009, 09:48 AM
no , just stop playing high balls :confused:

The problem isnt so much the paying off high balls it having the ball in the first place.

To often the high ball was played as a last resort to losing it in the wrong areas.

I honestly dont see what Yogi is trying to do.

Just about every time the midfield got the ball it was running back to our goals witha ST J player up their arse.

Its all very well having fullbacks pushing on but IMO in an attempt to meet the fans football expectations he has forgotten 2 things:

1) their first job is to defend, which they cant or dont

2) they havent got the ability to fulfil the roles he has in mind for them

I hated watching Mixu's Hibs because we surrendered the midfield, Yogi's Hibs are going the same way.

He needs to change to 442 with the 2 centre guys in midfield tackling everything that moves

He can then get some width through Zemmama and Miller / Galbraith.

His exposure of Wotherspoon last night at RB in a team up against it, will set the laddie back miles and was frankly stupid.

HFC 0-7
23-09-2009, 10:21 AM
The problem isnt so much the paying off high balls it having the ball in the first place.

To often the high ball was played as a last resort to losing it in the wrong areas.

I honestly dont see what Yogi is trying to do.

Just about every time the midfield got the ball it was running back to our goals witha ST J player up their arse.

Its all very well having fullbacks pushing on but IMO in an attempt to meet the fans football expectations he has forgotten 2 things:

1) their first job is to defend, which they cant or dont

2) they havent got the ability to fulfil the roles he has in mind for them

I hated watching Mixu's Hibs because we surrendered the midfield, Yogi's Hibs are going the same way.

He needs to change to 442 with the 2 centre guys in midfield tackling everything that moves

He can then get some width through Zemmama and Miller / Galbraith.

His exposure of Wotherspoon last night at RB in a team up against it, will set the laddie back miles and was frankly stupid.

You play a 4-3-3 and thats what happens if the forwards dont know how to get the attack started. The midfield was over run by St johnstone. This meant the midfielders backtracked. Even if the forwards came into midfield to get the ball the instantly turned and ran. They need to hold the ball wait on the midfield, release back to midfield so the attack can start further up the park. Hibs try to start the attack deep in their own half, but the midfield stays deep because there are only 3 players, this means that should the attackers run out of options they need to play the ball back to the midfielders who are still deep. The midfielders are not nearly far enough forward to support the forwards, this is because they have to defend because the defense is weak and the midfield is light on numbers. move to a 4-4-2 and its easier to support forwards from midfield.

Hibs Giant
23-09-2009, 10:23 AM

Yes please.

bighairyfaeleith
23-09-2009, 11:02 AM
The forward line isn't the problem, we need to control the ball from the centre of midfield, then make simple passes to release the likes of miller and let them put stokes and riordan free.

Keep the bench warm with nishs fat ass and sort out the midfield instead.:wink:

HibeeUnderwood
23-09-2009, 11:22 AM

You really don't like this guy do you! :greengrin

I admit it, not this season! But the past two seasons I've seen Nish up there trying to win every header that comes his way and he has won a lot of them. I think with the game we were playing last night, Nish would have won more headers than either Stokes or Riordan, its tricky because he wins more headers but scores less goal. Stokes and Riordan win less headers and score more goals. And I'd take goals over headers! :agree:

Franck is God
23-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I like Colin Nish and think he is useful for our squad and can be a very good link man for a striker with a bit of clever movement, it's why he linked well with Fletcher last year.

I'd personally like to see Stokes given a run of games playing alongside either Nish or Benji and having Zemmama is there creating from midfield couldn't hurt either.

I also think that Riordan is a luxury that Hibs cannot afford at the moment. When Mowbray was at ER and we had a midfield of KT, Scotty, Boozy and Stewart with O'Connor leading the line we were able to cover his lack of involvement, we just don't have that quality of player anymore.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Nish or 5021 You decide.

500miles
23-09-2009, 04:34 PM
The make-up of the team was all wrong, and it was a major mistake by Yogi to play the same team two games on the trot. He handed St. J's the tactical advantage, and McInnes isn't so stupid as to allow that to pass by.

Nish would have had his place last night, for me. Stokes and Riordan only offer a real threat when the ball is played into feet. The opposition knows that, and they will instantly make the try an crowd the midfield to stop passes into feet, quite happy that the taller defenders that hang back will take care of any long ball against the Ant and Deek. Nish would have knocked a the balls to the right and left, bringing his partner (I would push for a 4-4-2) into the game more. For me, it would be Stokes - I reckon he can score as many as Riordan, and he offers more aggression.