PDA

View Full Version : YOGI Early season report card

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Tries hard, however he talks too much and is easily distracted.

There really is No case for his defence.

His Team are drawing at home he uses subs until he has on the pitch only 3 defenders and no ball winner in midfield and surprise, surprise the team lose two goals.

His teams have Performed in the main very poorly but managed to get results his peers would expect as an absolute minimum.

The honeymoon is over and YOGI will get plenty time to get it right as he should.

However a pre season and 6 games in and he has NO IDEA what his best team is.

With talent like Riordan Stokes Benji Zemamma we are incapable of winning the midfield and getting quality balls to theses players on a regular basis.

YOGI has a lot to ponder and if he wants to do well he will forget playing with 8 attackers and get the defence and midfield sorted.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

The_Horde
22-09-2009, 08:51 PM
amen.

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 08:52 PM
He talks a good game.

euro Hibby
22-09-2009, 09:01 PM
still early days. Yogi has stated that it will take at least another 2 transfer windows so he is not so happy with what he has got but can't openly say so.

We played well against Celtic but all the players were up for that and sadly this seemed not the case tonight.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-09-2009, 09:06 PM
It is with regret that I shall now log off and refrain from posting for a few days.

*****e result, of that there is no doubt but did folk really expect us to fire on all cylinders straight from the off?

It. Will. Get. Better.

In the meantime, I shall let the rest of you get on with the moaning (entirely your prerogative as well of course) that will be wiped out in it's entirety should we beat Motherwell at the weekend.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 09:11 PM
It is with regret that I shall now log off and refrain from posting for a few days.

*****e result, of that there is no doubt but did folk really expect us to fire on all cylinders straight from the off?

It. Will. Get. Better.

In the meantime, I shall let the rest of you get on with the moaning (entirely your prerogative as well of course) that will be wiped out in it's entirety should we beat Motherwell at the weekend.

No one going over the top No one calling for Yogis head just stating the obvious.
No one would be complaining if we looked like a team but we dont. Apart from 20 mins against 10 man Celtic we have not so far this season.

I still think we have lots of talent we just need a game plan and shape to the team if and when that comes we will do okay

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Again Yogi admits we are 2nd best there is only so many times you can say that and fans can swallow it.

Twice in 4 days he has to admit we were outplayed at home by St Johnstone

"They (players) are a wee bit quiet now, thats what we are trying to instill in them"
:confused::confused:

Needs to talk less

heidtheba
22-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Wasn't at the game so only taking what (might be wrong) thoughts from what I read...

Yogi talks the talk and his heart is clearly in it. BUT a lot of blame has to lie with the players we have. They shouldn't be intimidated, rushed into making mistakes or outplayed by a team which is a league below us. Especially at home. Yes Yogi might not have a team to do what he wants in the league but surely failing tonight can't be put down to 'not having the boys he wants in place'?

Not blaming Yogi but some of our senior players need to get it sorted.

Hibby 2005
Tonight was chance to progress, we didn't. This competition was a realistic chance to aim at something thing we could possibly win, we didn't do it. We all hope for a Scottish Cup miracle but don't believe too much. Europe may or may not happen but on tonight's performance it'll take a while.

Big90inOz
We are a poor side at the moment.

Stack. Never been convinced, doubt he is better than Maka

Bamba..... Deuchar gave him a lesson tonight :agree: Infact hibs are crying out for a player like Deuchar. If Bamba stays in the centre he will be giving away penalties left right and centre. Fantastic display tonight by the big man on how not to find a team mate with a pass.

Midfield, too small, too pedestrian. Far to slow in getting the ball forward, no width. All teams can pass sideways and back, the good teams can find the killer forward pass.

Riordan. Great finisher but does he do enough for the team? To often tonight i thought he gave up to easily, prefers to play for the free kick and needs to stop throwing his hands in the air, it seems to tire him out.

Rankin. Just can't see his unseen work.

Yogi says we are team in transition, he ain't kidding

down the slope
22-09-2009, 09:42 PM
It will be interesting to see what motherwell do against us, what i've seen of the they are streets ahead of us and they have cobbled together a team in a few weeks for nowt. Was Gannon not interviewed for the Hibs job ?. Hope it's not a disaster but i fear the worst as they are a team with high energy and superb fitness-just the teams we like to play against......Not .

Hibs90
22-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Yogi should play 4-4-2.

Maka

McCann
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

It's not hard.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Yogi should play 4-4-2.

Maka

McCann
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

It's not hard.

Sorry that midfield would get over run by Brechin :agree:

Murray or Bamba MUST step in to midfield

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-09-2009, 09:49 PM
It will be interesting to see what motherwell do against us, what i've seen of the they are streets ahead of us and they have cobbled together a team in a few weeks for nowt. Was Gannon not interviewed for the Hibs job ?. Hope it's not a disaster but i fear the worst as they are a team with high energy and superb fitness-just the teams we like to play against......Not .:top marksGannon has got Motherwell well orginized and seems to have created a great team spirit - all on less of a budget than Hibs. The erratic nature that is Hibs at the moment though anything could happen on Sat!

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 09:51 PM
:grr:
:top marksGannon has got Motherwell well orginized and seems to have created a great team spirit - all on less of a budget than Hibs. The erratic nature that is Hibs at the moment though anything could happen on Sat!

I Will be AMAZED if we keep a clean sheet

:grr::grr:

bingo70
22-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Yogi should play 4-4-2.

Maka

McCann
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemmama
McBride
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

It's not hard.

Mccans injured and when Wotherspoon got dropped for the Hamilton game Yogi got absolute dogs abuse on here for it, Rankin has had a good start to the season with 3 or 4 assists already, Zemmama is just returning from injury now and i'm sure he'll be one of the first picks now he's fully fit.

Of course he's made mistakes but did everyone really expect him to have turned everything around from last season already :confused:

BTW are we not 3rd in the league? I know we couldn't have picked a much easier start to the season, however it was against these teams we struggled against last season so IMO people need to be more patient, progress is being made.

Bishop Hibee
22-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I wasn't at tonight's game due to my college course but glad I couldn't make it. Gave my top-up to my mate (poor sod).

I wasn't someone who wanted Yogi in place but he has to be given a chance. Mixu got 18 months, Yogi must get the same and I hope he can mould the team into one that challenges for 3rd.

I don't think McBride is a bad player but we do need a more aggressive tackler in midfield. Definitely a case for Murray in the holding midfield role. I agree we also need to play 4-4-2 as we have no width. I sound like a broken record as lack of width was a problem last season too.

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Mccans injured and when Wotherspoon got dropped for the Hamilton game Yogi got absolute dogs abuse on here for it, Rankin has had a good start to the season with 3 or 4 assists already, Zemmama is just returning from injury now and i'm sure he'll be one of the first picks now he's fully fit.

Of course he's made mistakes but did everyone really expect him to have turned everything around from last season already :confused:

BTW are we not 3rd in the league? I know we couldn't have picked a much easier start to the season, however it was against these teams we struggled against last season so IMO people need to be more patient, progress is being made.

We are 3rd in the league having played inferior teams, Celtic exempted, but after tonight's confidence sapping result we now face far superior teams and will find it extremely hard to hold on to that position.

sadtom
23-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Every year i started back at school in august. Cant ever remember getting a 'report card' in september.

Some people on here behave is as if we are entitled to win every game(you've not been watching the same club i have for 40 years). To those people there are, unfortunately, plenty 'supporters' buses heading west. I'm sure such arrogant attitudes will be much more at home in those surrounding.

Steve20
23-09-2009, 08:40 AM
We have been poor in almost every match.

St Mirren - we created many chances, so i'll concede that one was ok.

Falkirk - We were rubbish. Derek Riordan won us that game.

Celtic - We were not very good that day.

Hamilton - A disgraceful performance.

St Johnstone - We could have been 3 down before we scored.

St Johnstone(cup) - See Hamilton.

We need to get that midfield sorted ASAP. It gets over run almost every match.