PDA

View Full Version : Deek pens

OstKurve Hibs
22-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Should deek give up penalty duties? Thoughts?

Pedantic_Hibee
22-09-2009, 07:23 PM
No.

Not yet anyway, I'd give him one more chance and then possibly hand the mantle onto Stokesy.

scott7_0(Prague)
22-09-2009, 07:30 PM
NO, Deek is a far better dead ball hitter, well until I can see what Stokes or anyone else can do, what about Miller for penalties.....

Danderhall Hibs
22-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Yes. I'll be worried if he has to take one in the shoot-out later on. If we can hold on for a draw that is.

Riordans Boots
22-09-2009, 07:32 PM
NO, Deek is a far better dead ball hitter, :agree: well until I can see what Stokes or anyone else can do, what about Miller for penalties.....

Couldn't have put that better myself Scott :agree:

OstKurve Hibs
22-09-2009, 07:35 PM
I think he should keep takin them as long as he has the confidence, which i think he oozes. Obviously if it gets silly like missin 4/5 in a row then i think it should be handed over,

GGTTH

Violater
22-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Time for someone else to have a bash.

:agree:

Phil MaGlass
22-09-2009, 07:47 PM
100% miss rate, yes someone else has to

Andy74
22-09-2009, 07:48 PM
100% miss rate, yes someone else has to

Yes, two and a row should mean a shot for someone else.

Sammy7nil
22-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Time for a change

Deeks is a great ball striker he just does not strike pens

Pens are about confidence and Deeks is shot at the moment

Albanian Hibs
22-09-2009, 09:16 PM
:agree: time for a change

Monts
22-09-2009, 09:20 PM
By the time we get our next penalty, deek will be back on form...

But i think if you win the penalty, you should have first dibs on it:agree:

Speedy
22-09-2009, 09:31 PM
By the time we get our next penalty, deek will be back on form...

But i think if you win the penalty, you should have first dibs on it:agree:

Don't agree with that, your best pen taker should take it. Not sure if that is Deek at the moment. His pen tonight was shocking. Rankin/Stokes?

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Should deek give up penalty duties? Thoughts?

Deek should just give up...... Petulance, arms in the air, spoilt kid performances are just pitiful......

archiebald
22-09-2009, 09:40 PM
no more penalties for deek should not have played tonight other players have to get a chance,or thats what happens.
:grr::grr::grr:

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Deek should just give up...... Petulance, arms in the air, spoilt kid performances are just pitiful......

and sadly, the usual from Deek. I hope Yogi puts a rocket up his erse soon, or I could see him going. (Deek, not Yogi).

archiebald
22-09-2009, 09:46 PM
If he was on bench for a game or two he would ask for transfer anyway !
so maybe strachan was right about him (to big for his boots):dummytit::dummytit::dummytit::dummytit::dum mytit::dummytit:

GC
22-09-2009, 09:49 PM
no more penalties for deek should not have played tonight other players have to get a chance,or thats what happens.
:grr::grr::grr:

Aye okay then.

Top scorer this season, one of the best players at the football club and he should not have played tonight.

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Aye okay then.

Top scorer this season, one of the best players at the football club and he should not have played tonight.

When he can be bothered.

GC
22-09-2009, 09:50 PM
If he was on bench for a game or two he would ask for transfer anyway !
so maybe strachan was right about him (to big for his boots):dummytit::dummytit::dummytit::dummytit::dum mytit::dummytit:

Hey, we have a new pet.

Can we keep him, please?

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Aye okay then.

What was his contribution tonight?? Not a great deal........

DBHibs
22-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I reckon it's time to give someone else a shot at the penalties also. Would pick Stokes personally although Rankin used to take them for ICT if I remember correctly so could also do the job maybe.

GC
22-09-2009, 09:59 PM
When he can be bothered.

So would you have dropped him for tonight's game then as was suggested by the poster I was replying to?

Top scorer this season, on the back of a game where he has already hit the net?

GC
22-09-2009, 10:00 PM
What was his contribution tonight?? Not a great deal........

Wasn't there mate but you don't pick a team in hindsight.

He would have started tonight's game if I was the boss, plays poorly then of course he kicks his heels on the bench but he's not done too bad so far.

archiebald
22-09-2009, 10:03 PM
mowbray does not play mcdonald every week
smith does not play boyd every wee
but hughes should play riordan I think not
fans fav simple as that.:agree:

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 10:04 PM
So would you have dropped him for tonight's game then as was suggested by the poster I was replying to?

Top scorer this season, on the back of a game where he has already hit the net?

Never said that at all. I was referring to his attitude in general, not his skill or goal tally.

I'm of the opinion that it's always worth playing him because there's a chance he'd conjure something out of nothing - my point was that his attitude is pretty poor and if he put in more effort and cut out the petulance, we might see more of the good Deek.

GC
22-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Never said that at all. I was referring to his attitude in general, not his skill or goal tally.

I'm of the opinion that it's always worth playing him because there's a chance he'd conjure something out of nothing - my point was that his attitude is pretty poor and if he put in more effort and cut out the petulance, we might see more of the good Deek.

Same as he's always been though, he cuts all that out then he isn't at Hibs.

If he can be bothered or not he can still do something in a match that very few at Hibs can.

Hibby 2005
22-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Benji should have come on after Deek missed the penalty.

Bayern Bru
22-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Same as he's always been though, he cuts all that out then he isn't at Hibs.

If he can be bothered or not he can still do something in a match that very few at Hibs can.

True, but I worry that it's happening less and less. He was anonymous at Hamilton apart from missing the penalty and did nothing else of note in that game. He has a tendency to drift in and out of games, although admittedly he wasn't too bad tonight (apart from the poor penalty).

He's just a very frustrating player I guess, no amount of wishing his attitude will change is going to work!

Davy Mac
22-09-2009, 10:11 PM
For me, penalties are a about a players confidence and Deeks has never lacked confidence IMO

But, I'm sure Deeks will step aside for the next one and he should - not because he's a bad penalty taker but it's just part and parcel of team football.

He'll be back don't you worry about that.